It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another prediction come true

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This coming from the same religion that tortured and burned "witches" for a thousand years? Sorry, but you folks don't exactly win the Good-Judge-of-Character award.

Wait, allow me elaborate on that for just a moment.

So what if there is an all-loving, all-wise, all-powerful creator? That doesn't suddenly mean that you're right and everyone else is wrong. I think the reason a lot of people are unwilling to believe in the notion of an intelligent creator is because our planet has had a bunch of psycho fanatics trying to murder anyone who interprets that differently.

Since the only experience most people have with God is pretty bigoted, it's no surprise there would be "scoffers" in the face of such a primitive and barbaric notion of the divine.

Ancient prophecies are a pretty global phenomenon. I don't hear the Hopi tribe demanding recognition every time they get something right. Not that people scoffing at an arrogant prick is much of a prophecy.

Please notice how about every major religion, every "God", has told us to love people, even our enemies, like they were our own family. That doesn't mean persecuting them for their beliefs. There's nothing wrong with having a belief in "God" but not at the expense of other people. I don't care what religion you're following, hurting others for your beliefs is wrong and you will have to deal with the consequences of your crimes.

If God is the perfect parent, it doesn't play favorites with children. I don't know how many of you are parents, but if one of your children was abusing their siblings, would you condone that?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Syrus Magistus]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
reply to post by faceoff85

Thanks Faceoff.

See, now this makes a little more sense.
Basically you're saying that the only form of hell exists here on Earth (due to our actions)?

Also, I've heard a man at a Christian Kiosk say almost the same thing. Do I have it right that Christians go around talking stuff that they do not know about?

Either way, I'll re-read your post a few times. Thanks for taking the time to post it!

[edit on 5/27/2010 by impaired]

Your welcome.. glad you apreciate the input.. my family in-law are all refromed christian and trust me... not 1 of them knows what they're talking about... I cant speak for everyone but whenever someone mentions trinity, sabbath or any of the old mozaic laws I KNOW they havent done their homework. If they did they'd AT LEAST know about the controverse surrounding those subjects let alone the idea of those doctrines being invalid.... (up to a certain point, the mozaic law as a moral teaching still aplies)

at least as far as the bible is concerned

[edit on 28-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If you know God then you will know he is not a heartless God as some of you have said. He left us the Holy Spirit so we could know this for our selves. To just believe in God with out knowing him is being lost. Why follow a God you don't know? I was filled with the Holy Spirit at a young age because I wanted it and asked for it and was prayed for to retrieve it. Its an experience each one of us have to find on our own with other to help point the way but only you can experience it for your self. Just others will not get you there. You will not know it all but you will know the character of God and who God is. He is far beyond us. Even beyond dimension touching all time and space out side our dimension. The source of our dimension. Some one complained how if God knew the future how could he have created Satan. The same way he created us. We choose who we are to become. Angels have free will because those who worship God must worship him in Spirit and in Truth. How else would you worship God if it wasn't from your heart for who he is.

Yet we have become separated from God by his law and sin we are violators of that law. Because of that we humanity have become captive to this fallen angel and his forces. When we would die we would become our enemy's captives. However Jesus came to buy us for a price. So if you are bought your life is in the book of Christ and you are his instead. This is the purpose of Jesus Christ. The law of God condemns and separates our enemy from God so he can not come into Gods kingdom. Yet is also separates us because of our knowledge of good and evil so that we are more responsible. God has given us the ring of grace however and that joined with the law is our salvation in our current state of imperfection. We can not hope to attain perfection by law so God extended us his grace. If we however deny that Grace then we remain captive to this enemy.

I ask do you understand the way God sees life and death. It is but passing to him. We live lives of only a hundred or few years. God made things to adapt by when they die and it is truly a beautiful way to create. Almost effortless on his behalf all he had to do was lay down the laws. The laws that govern the universe that men are still discovering today in all their complexity. Let there be light. What is light but electro magnetic spectrum. What is electro and magnetic. How did they become... They are and exist is all we know and there are laws that govern them and their behavior. Its likely light was the first element to exist in this universe and then others formed.

Children return to God. They are not accountable God is a good God regardless of peoples opinions. God is not even as judgmental as many people make him out to be. He is very forgiving and kind yet he does have his resolve. Its painful for us to see other die and I am sure God understands that however its like a child having a fit because they aren't getting their way and the parent knows that this child doesn't understand like they do. This reality we exist in now is not the true reality of eternity. We are here but a moment regardless if we die tomorrow or years from now. By all means God wants us to respect each other and learn to subdue the earth as we were commanded in Genesis by way of increasing our knowledge and abiding in his Spirit. Yet he does not want us to be afraid of death. Jesus was often heard saying fear not to his apostles. For this death is not the true death. We are given new bodies by God. Ageless bodies.

This seems to the best of my knowledge (what ever that amounts to) who God is from my experience. You can take it our leave it. He is not over condemning as some people would suggest he is. He cares about everyone I believe and wants to buy them into his kingdom. He wants to share his Spirit with you and give you a chance to know him. He extends us his forgiveness and patience. Has good plans for us. Prophecy.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by forevereternal

What you've just written is just amazing. Thanks so much.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I just don't understand why people believe in the bible. Someone help me out here! It was written by people who thought the Earth was flat and stoned others for sacrifice. How do you KNOW it was written by someone who was in touch with 'God'? It could have been written by a bunch of bored teenagers?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
catch this....the scripture says that Jesus (Yahushua, as his mum called him) said that in the last days "iniquity will cause the love of many to wax cold"....how true ....i'm seeing that big time in me!!....i have to change that, i know. and by the way, the bible has more going for it being the word of the creator than any other book. the Koran....ha falls by the wayside from a literary standpoint.... the Bible adresses the start of time....no other does....it has a messiah that promises to return....no other...and the authors....all with a seamless story line.....say no more!!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have always wondered how will I be judged by the divine?

For a long time I was an atheist, until I started learning about physics and the cosmos. The sheer majasty of the universe lead me to the belief of a creator, A belief that there is a force guiding and watching over all of creation.

Having said that I detest religion! I believe that it divides us from god. I believe it stops us from feeling the true grace of god.

I guess you can say I just don't trust the religious elites when they claim they know what god is.

So I ask......how will I be judged.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join