It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely Rare Astrological Alignment Could Spell Global Meltdown In Late Summer

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JourPolaire

Yes, it can...but with empathy for others...we can learn so much ahead of time...like making choices without learning the hard way.

Your nature of being empathetic is likely to do with the fact that you have the ability to tap into where others are coming from...and this is a great thing if you can offer yourself as a helper to them.

Im just offering discussion...not telling you how to be. It is a personal path...discovering why we have the personality we have.

Without being able to place yourself in another shoes...you usually have to learn lessons the hard way.

I think you could be a great comforter to many.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Yeah, it's just too bad that, according to the OP, I am doomed (or something along the lines of that). What does it mean that those of us born under the mentioned zodiac signs and birth years will "feel" this grand alignment more than others? Does it have to be negative? Is it necessarily a bad thing to feel it more than others? Can feeling the effects of it push us in a positive direction?

Or does it not matter either way because we're all doomed anyways haha? Sorry, I don't mean to make light of this, it's just too much to take in sometimes when everywhere you look nowadays all signs point to doom, doom, doom.

I apologize for drilling you for answers... you just seem very knowledgeable on this subject, whereas I am really just starting to learn about it.
You can just lie to me and tell me everthing's going to be ok... I'll take that

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake

Another phenomenon that never ceases to amaze me is mercury retrograde. Everytime mercury goes retrograde, I find that more people call in to work, things break down, and overall confusion reigns everytime. Never plan a trip during mercury retrograde, as you will likely get lost, your luggage will get lost, your hotel won't be booked, or you'll have an accident. I've made this mistake, and regretted the hell out of it.
[edit on 27-5-2010 by HothSnake]

I hear this a lot from astro buffs. But my own experience with it is, if anything, very positive. Sometimes periods of Mercury retrograde coincide with a period of enhanced concentration; and sometimes I just don't notice anything in particular. I can't honestly say that I've had anything break down or get lost, or any sort of miscommunication, either written, electronic or personal, during Mercury retrograde. Certainly no more than usually.

I think people really do tend to get what they expect. And then they only pay attention to the losses, malfunctions or communication problems that happen during Mercury retrograde, forgetting all those other instances of losses, technical breakdowns or communication problems when Mercury wasn't retrograde.

I told this to someone once, and she asked me if I was born during a Mercury retrograde period. I checked: no, I wasn't.

I am a late May Gemini, BTW.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

This is when you take the world by the boot straps...and announce within yourself and out to the Universe...you are ready for anything. And may the powers that be make use of your offering.

We are not in control of what happens around us...but we are in control of how we react and respond.

I can tell you things that have helped me...or have hardened my heart so I can deal with what ever the wind blows....but ultimately, our paths are very personal. I wouldnt be surprised if you studied your signs and stepped back, washed out everything everyone ever told you about Cancer...that you would find a new meaning to yourself of what this sign holds meaning to you personally.

Being a true Cancer means that 2000 years ago...someone born on your b0day...would of been Cancer...and today, 2000 years later...on that day, the sun still rises in Cancer. I look at this as a very stable date and time...for the cosmos have not shifted in that time/space yet....if you will. 2000 years from now, on this date...it is likely the change will of taken affect...and a person then born on this day will not be a Cancer through the true positions. I wouldnt be surprised if you are on a cusp.

Course what stands out of interests to me, may not be to you. Just offering ideas of how to look at it all from a different point.

My best to you
LV

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't believe that the planets and stars control our behavior. I believe that we as individuals are responsible for our own actions. This thread runs along the lines of "The Devil made me do it".

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Yes! I was told before that I was born on a cusp. I will admit that before I was told that, I kind of brushed off astrology as nothing more than entertainment because reading up on just cancer alone, although correct in some areas, there was still a lot that was said that just didn't fit into my life/personality (at least in my own perception of myself). I would say it was about 50-50. Well, maybe 63-37 (63 hits to 37 misses), in favour of cancer.

It was a bit frustrating, especially when hearing friends and family declare their own zodiac signs as so accurate, it was as if what was written was meant for them alone.

So, when I started reading up on cusps, more and more pieces began to fit together and I realized that there is a lot more to astrology than simple entertainment... I actually feel like a bit of a jerk for simply brushing it off in the past. But, oh well, you live and you learn... and I am definitely learning a lot, although I still have a very long way to go. Cancer is definitely my dominant sign... I can`t deny it... but now all of the holes that were there are nearly filled up. Thank goodness I found out about cusps lol.

Thanks a lot for your posts! Much love and appreciation sent your way!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vulcan
I don't believe that the planets and stars control our behavior. I believe that we as individuals are responsible for our own actions. This thread runs along the lines of "The Devil made me do it".

Well, to a certain degree, yes... the devil does make you do it. I believe you still have a choice, but the planets do act as a stimuli, much the same way as anything else in your environment. When a storm rises on the horizon, and you decide to go back inside, did the devil make you do it, or are you just forced to make a decision based on the fact that lightning, wind, and rain aren't exactly something fun or safe to be out in? Of course, you could stay out in the elements, if you wish and take your chances with the storm, however, that would likely not be the most prudent of choices.

Like God, I do not play with dice, nor do I believe in coincidence. When you think about it, the choices that you make in life really are just the illusion of choice. No one really chooses their own destiny. Let me ask you something, did you choose your parents, or your name, or where your were born, or when you were born,etc., etc.,? Did you choose the freaks that now rule the world and have you as their slave? I would wager a bet that if you were born a Prince, or a King, or a Princess, or even a Trump that your life would be a little bit different than it is. Some people believe that they make their own luck, but the fact of the matter is that some of us are born lucky, and some of us aren't, and then most of us are just in the middle somewhere. Some of us will have to work very hard for what we have, others of us won't have to work at all. That's just life, and the way things are, wether you acknowledge that fact or not. If you happen to eat with a fork and spoon, as opposed to chopsticks, or vice versa, why? Is it because you made a conscious choice, or is because you were born and grew in a culture that favored one or the other?

The fact is that most of us live out our lives doing things without consciously grasping why we do them, yet we still maintain this silly notion that we actually have a choice and we control our lives. It really is just silly when you stop to consider what is going on in the world around us, and what is being done to us by the powers that be, while maintaining that we still have some sort of control over our lives. When you boil it down, we are nothing but free range slaves made to believe that we make the choices and have some power over our lives.

But that is where I believe that we actually do have a choice in that we can choose to be good or we can choose to be evil, but that requires to actually be honest with our true selves, and drop the phoney facade that is what the world makes of us, as opposed to what we truly are. For these answers, you have to look within and confront your own demons and stop lying to yourself, but that can be very scary. Most people simply don't have the stomach for it, which is why they will almost always fall back in line, give into peer pressure, believe what the tv tells them is true, do what their priest, their parents, and the government tells them to do... be what the world tells them to be, rather than be naked and alone with their true reality.

I think that we can all still save ourselves, but in order to do that you have to confront the reality that you were born a slave and stop doing this or that because that is what they are doing, and do things because that is what you truly want and need to do. If you folllow the rest of the sheople, you'll end up over the cliff with the rest of them.

There is really only one thing in this world that you truly have any power or control over, and that is the 5 inch space between your ears, and only when you don't allow it to be manipulated by others by filling it with their trash, believe their lies, and becoming their stooge. Take back your minds and I believe that you truly can create whatever reality that you choose.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by HothSnake]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There's astronomical events happening all the time, the fact that you can correlate them to financial collapse just seems to me like a coincidence at best.
The moon affecting behavior though is quite interesting and has merit imo because we know the moon can affect tides, so who's to say it can't affect hormonal levels of humans?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
There's astronomical events happening all the time, the fact that you can correlate them to financial collapse just seems to me like a coincidence at best.
The moon affecting behavior though is quite interesting and has merit imo because we know the moon can affect tides, so who's to say it can't affect hormonal levels of humans?

There are cycles to everything in nature and the universe, some are quite obvious, such as the moon cycle, but there are many, many more cycles, and some of these aren't quite so obvious, yet they are still there. Look all around you and you will see nothing but an endless loop of repeating cycles, and you are a part of all of this, whether you like it or not.

For those of you that are all too worried about this grand astrological cycle that we are going through must understand that it is just that... a cycle.. Dark times come to us all, and these too shall pass, then the dawn comes again. Our lives are nothing but a repeating cycle of good, then bad, and then good again, but just remember that when the bad times hit, the good times aren't far behind, and without the bad, we wouldn't appreciate the good times as much, while we still have them.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

There are cycles to everything in nature and the universe, some are quite obvious, such as the moon cycle, but there are many, many more cycles, and some of these aren't quite so obvious, yet they are still there. Look all around you and you will see nothing but an endless loop of repeating cycles, and you are a part of all of this, whether you like it or not.

For those of you that are all too worried about this grand astrological cycle that we are going through must understand that it is just that... a cycle.. Dark times come to us all, and these too shall pass, then the dawn comes again. Our lives are nothing but a repeating cycle of good, then bad, and then good again, but just remember that when the bad times hit, the good times aren't far behind, and without the bad, we wouldn't appreciate the good times as much, while we still have them.

Yes, but that doesn't mean the position of the stars holds any relevence for the financial system, using that logic, the shape of straws should somehow be connected to the Tokyo economy.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

No one is necissarily doomed, my dear, but you may go through some hard times ahead, we all will. If you get your own house in order, and take back your mind, then all should be well.

In a way, I believe that the ones that really are doomed, are the ones that truly disserve it in one way, shape or form.

Like Christ told Pilate, they have no power over you, except that power which you give them. In essance, It's still all very much up to you.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

If you follow things like Fibonacci number sequences, quantum physics, and fractal sets, such as the Mandelbrot, I believe you would find that in some way the cylinder shape of a straw, is somehow connected to the Tokyo economy.

As you will come to learn, logic can only take you so far (there are a number of logical theorems that are unsolvable, and try making logical sense of quantum reality,) and there is only so much that you can understand with your finite mind, contained within the finite space between your ears.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

Another phenomenon that never ceases to amaze me is mercury retrograde. Everytime mercury goes retrograde, I find that more people call in to work, things break down, and overall confusion reigns everytime. Never plan a trip during mercury retrograde, as you will likely get lost, your luggage will get lost, your hotel won't be booked, or you'll have an accident. I've made this mistake, and regretted the hell out of it.
[edit on 27-5-2010 by HothSnake]

I hear this a lot from astro buffs. But my own experience with it is, if anything, very positive. Sometimes periods of Mercury retrograde coincide with a period of enhanced concentration; and sometimes I just don't notice anything in particular. I can't honestly say that I've had anything break down or get lost, or any sort of miscommunication, either written, electronic or personal, during Mercury retrograde. Certainly no more than usually.

I think people really do tend to get what they expect. And then they only pay attention to the losses, malfunctions or communication problems that happen during Mercury retrograde, forgetting all those other instances of losses, technical breakdowns or communication problems when Mercury wasn't retrograde.

I told this to someone once, and she asked me if I was born during a Mercury retrograde period. I checked: no, I wasn't.

I am a late May Gemini, BTW.

Well, I have found to work like clockwork, and those that I have pointed it out to, usually can't deny that there is something strange at work here.

And yes, sometimes these periods without a personal incident, though I denfinately see it around me.

And yes, sometimes mercury retrograde marks an introspective phase, where one is forced to turn inward and examiine something about themselves, or sometimes it makes for a great planning phase, however, I wouldn't initiate any action during it. It will usually just be a waste of time.

Often, events from your past will be revisited during mercury retrograde, whether someone from your past will suddenly show up, or you will be forced to confront an old habit. In my case lately, for the past three mercury retros, my spouse and I have revisited the same argument. And I'm not kidding.. the same old argument, and we never argue, except on this one particular subject and only during mercury retro.

During the last mercury retro, my wife put in for a promotion just prior to mercury going retro, she seemed to be waiting quite a long time to get an answer, I told her that she would probably have to wait until mercury retro was over before should would know anything concrete. Sure enough, just as soon as mercury went direct again she got her answer.

During one mercury retro period at work, one guy sprained his ankle and was off for two weeks, another guy quit, and another one got married and was off on his honeymoon, leaving me and one other guy to clean up the mess.

Another one my truck broke down, and I had to get the battery replaced.

These are all typical for mercury retrograde.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Much love and appreciation sent your way!

Thanks so much! You are very welcome.

As I said before...look within for any meanings with life itself...instead of looking to another. It sounds as if you have no problem knowing when something is just not meant for you or at the right time and moment.

Nice crossing paths with ya

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i guess all we have to do is wait and see if this happens. it doesnt hurt to be prepared.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Dumb question, does this "problem" for Cancers refer only to the Sun Sign or is it an affliction for those with Cancer as the ascendant as well?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Well, it's going to affect everyone, but the Cardinal signs and those born during certain years will feel it a bit more personal than most, and yes your ascendant will play a role.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake

Hm, I actually have Cancer as the ascendant. I don't tend to view these kinds of things as "problems" however. Everything is an opportunity in some way.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have a question since there seems to be some brains here. Not exactly on topic for the meltdown, but still astrological...

I am adopted and have never known or been able to find out my TIME OF BIRTH. All I have read over the years seems to lead me to believe that that is important or relevant. What does one do in the case of that missing knowledge?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Learn how to achieve greater control than that of the forces of influence, be it astrology or anything else.

For this you do not need to know your exact birthday.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join