It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely Rare Astrological Alignment Could Spell Global Meltdown In Late Summer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
While I think Astrology is bunk, its hard to ignore the fact that many famous/rich people are so into it, thus making it worthy of discussion.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Can anyone go back to the last time this happened and what events took place???

Just a guess but if its 10,000 years and we are at 2010 AD then that should put us around 8010BC. Quick google search and I fould somthing about the Ice age ending in 8000 BC.

Anyone else pipe in what could have happend the last time this accured?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The signs we are seeing could be reflecting the paradigm shift we are currently undergoing. Mindsets are rapidly changing over the course of the last few years and it could spell a new era in humanity.

As an aside, my interpretation for 2012 also involves the culmination of a paradigm shift. I could be way off on this, but my perception is telling me that something is going to come along (either technological or philosophical) that will move us in a completely different direction as a species. I'm feeling uncertainty either way as if the future is not quite "set".

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

There are some reports that psychiatric wards and emergency rooms see increased activity during full moon events. The rise in accidental injury and even women giving birth during a full moon has been a curiosity for many who believe there is a link between the full moon and strange phenomenon. Could the gravitational changes that occur with lunar events really influence the mood of some people on earth? When the sun and the moon are in a line with earth, the tides are higher. Just as the moon tugs up tides from the sea; could it also have a biological effect on our physical body? We already know of the moon's gravitation pull on water; interestingly the human body is made up of 80 percent water.

Police in the UK have linked aggressiveness with the full moon. They report that the behaviors in people who drink alcohol tend to worsen during the full moon. A decade ago, there was a three-month psychological study of inmates at Armley jail in Leeds. The study discovered a rise in violent incidents amongst the 1200 inmates during the days on either side of a full moon. Could there be any truth to these reports or are people just reaching to make myth into reality? source

I know from personal experience from when I worked in the retail industry, that full moons definately brought out the crazies in larger amounts, epecially when it was a full moon in Aquarius. Every time I had a bad day, and the customers just seemed to be crazier than usual, it was almost always on a full moon.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

It's hard to say, given that this alignment is so rare.. One astrology says every 10,000 years, while another say 1000 years.. I need to look into it myself, but it will probably take a while. Even with a computer, it can be difficult to pinpoint the last time this happened, which is why it is important now.... It almost never happens.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm a taurus born in 1984. Does this mean i'm screwed? And I wanted to get my driver lisence to.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Crazy, i feel something there is something wrong and had this feeling for a few month. i told my mother about it last week then i read this. i was born in 86 and i know im feeling it. its a feeling of something is not right. a feeling of things to come and soon like in the next 3 months. dont know how to explain it but its there. I hope the feelings are wrong. but im ready for it. I have food for a month, guns,ammo,water and a place to hide out till it blows over. good luck to you all.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Well, you could take the fact that those of us born in those signs and those years will be "feeling it more" as a bad thing. Or.......you can take it to mean anyone not in those years and signs will not be feeling it at all, ie; bye bye to those people.

Whatever the disaster may be, being there to feel it at all can only mean one thing. You arent dead yet.

Just trying to look at the bright side, in a twisted kind of way.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by malakiem

No one is necissarily screwed, but the potential is definately there for all of us, not just Cardinal signs born in a certain year, to be screwed. We all could just go through a very difficult shift in world consciousness, only to emerge better and stronger. Sometimes you have to trim away the fat in order to get to the good stuff.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by HothSnake]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake

Ok cool, that makes me feel better. I would do astrology but as leovirgo says no one cares about true astrology. Ok, and thankyou for the thread hotsnake, much sppreciated! Ta

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Forecast May/June 2010

Uranus and Jupiter combine

Greetings Earthlings, and hold on to your hats. The next few months see so many major astrological alignments coming into play that by the end of this year some of us may have lost track of where it was that we began. May and June 2010 mark the reemergence of a major planetary alignment, and the start of the next great leap forward in human history and consciousness. What has been broiling in the background since March of this year starts peaking. Consequently, the astrological world is abuzz with theories and information...

Sound grandiose? Perhaps it is.. But the historical evidence that coincides with similar periods in the past when such planetary conditions have occurred suggests that such claims are warranted. In May/June 2010, Jupiter and Uranus once more conjoin, an event that occurs every fourteen years. What is so special about this configuration is that time and time again, these two planets have been in conjunction at precisely the same moment as major shifts in science, culture, technology and the arts have occurred. Jupiter rules expansion, joy and growth. Uranus deals with scientific, technological and social innovation. This conjunction in the sign of Aries mirrors the period of the same conjunction in 1968/69 A period of magic and acausal synchronicity seems to be upon us.

Astrologer and cultural historian Richard Tarnas has studied these cycles in detail. His groundbreaking work Cosmos and Psyche is a must-read for anyone with an interest in such things. Examining previous periods when these planets were conjoined, Tarnas has found that these occur ‘consistently with condensed waves of celebrated milestones of creative or emancipatory activity across many fields”. To give you some idea of the scope of ‘emancipatory activity’ consider similar historical periods when Jupiter and Uranus met - in 1609 Kepler and Galileo (independently or eachother) published their theory that the Earth revolved around the Sun, in 1775/6 the American War of Independence begun, in 1788-9 The French Revolution occurred, and in 1859 Darwin published The Origin of Species. In more recent times, Psychoanalysis and Quantum Physics were born in 1900, television and commercial aviation were launched in 1927/28 and most importantly, in 1969 we went to the Moon, the first prototype transmission of the internet occurred and a global ecological movement was birthed. Anything and everything could happen in the next wee while.

On a more personal level, Tarnas has also found that this conjunction most consistently coincided with the timing of widespread private personal breakthroughs involving a sense of sudden happy awakenings, new beginnings, unexpected good fortune, extraordinary expansion of consciousness, psychological rebirth, joyful intellectual epiphanies, radically extended horizons, and events often described by those experiencing them as “quantum leaps” and “peak experiences”. In short, most of us could be peaking some time soon, but the revelations are even more likely for people with important planets/points at early degrees of Cardinal signs or late degrees mutable (read MOST OF US!)

As Uranus and Jupiter conjoin first in Aries and then in Pisces we have an image of global change through Fire and Water. Through the past few weeks we have watched as two major symbols demonstrating the mighty power of these two elements threatens to change our world. In the Gulf as massive oil spill (ruled by Pisces) brings an ecological catastrophe that cannot be ignored. Fires burning on the ocean surface show how serious the consequences are. And in Iceland, a volcano in a glacier has been dramatically altering how we do business and leisure. Ecological awareness and solutions are imperative.
In a few weeks a more comprehensive article will appear on this site describing these epoch making moments in greater detail... Stay tuned.

Universal astrology

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I dont know what it all would mean for the Earth...but we should keep in mind that the constellations are like archetypes. It should be looked by each individual within themselves of what opportunity this brings for them. You dont have to be a Pisces for this to affect you.

Knowing the days of conjunction and keeping a peaceful heart as well as a well tuned mind to the Universe should serve us well. Be prepared to face inner wars or come to terms with things you have ignored or failed to forgive yourself and others for.

The cosmos give us opportunities...to look within. It can be very spiritual...even if you have no belief in a higher power..it can still be spiritual for you.

Pisces was connected with the age of Jesus (fisher of men). I personally see Pisces as a very peaceful place...and this could be peoples chance to reach down within and find this within them. Researching the makeup of the planet...researching the path of the planet...researching what the ancients thought of the planet...may trigger a inner feeling of WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU...and you can then work with this.

Even though the cosmos offer us opportunities, if we ignore the opportunity on a large scale...we could have regrets.

The world has been showing us things are reaching a point of turning a new leaf. Are you on the boat? Are you jumping off into the sinking sea? Are you willing to step up and become part of the crew? Where do you stand in this planet, in this Universe, as a 1 of a whole (of our species)?

Conjunctions of all kinds are a time to look within or ignore what goes on in the world that your physical body is actually a part of.

It does not have to mean bad things...and if we are faced with catastrophe types of moments....then lets be prepared to live as a whole unit and strive together.

We might be individuals...but we are a part of this Universe, no matter how separate you see yourself from it.

OP I was not trying to be a bumber to your thread...Im actually very glad to see ATS have such a interests finally in what is going on with our cosmos! I get a little nit picky sometimes...sorry bout that.

My best to all...
LV

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Nice thread S&F!!
I have never understood how planetary alignments can create / effect these sort of events on earth, therefore I can't call something "bunk" that I don't understand.
Some of the top trend forecasters are saying the same thing.... maybe they use Astrology too and don't read the markets like they say they do..

Bob Chapman
First 6 months of 2010, Americans will continue to live in the ‘unreality’…the period between July and October is when the financial fireworks will begin.

Gerald Celente
Terrorist attacks and the “Crash of 2010″. 40% devaluation at first = the greatest depression, worse than the Great Depression.

Igor Panarin
Forecast the probable disintegration of the USA into six parts in 2010 (at the end of June – start of July 2010, as he specified on 10 December 2000

Edit - Add link - geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by JaquVanCouger]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I am glad you posted this as I was thinking of doing something similar, being a "wet blanket" as you put it. Astrology and astronomy are very similar yet modern astrology has digressed into pseudoscience (or has become worthless). Ancient astrologers were aware of precession of the equinoxes and used this in their readings. We have lost a great deal of knowledge concerning a true astrological understanding and this is a shame.

When you talk of the so called 13th sign, Ophiuchus, don't forget about the constellation Orion. I know that through Earth's orbital path we do not pass through Orion but as you pointed out these constellation borders are a later invention and quite inaccurate.

The Zodiac band of constellations is tilted to Earth's orbital plane with Ophiuchus being on top of the low point in this circle and Orion being below the high point. In other words the plane of the Zodiac is tilted to the plane that Earth makes in its path around the Sun and these two constellations mark the low and high points.

ADD: I typed this in haste and thus made a mistake here. The Zodiac appears tilted due to Earth's axial tilt. I don't know what I was thinking.

Originally posted by saabacura
reply to post by Zagari

What does "sidereal" mean??? It has different dates... tell me

Sidereal is Latin for "star sighting" or is considered an alignment between the Sun, Earth and an opposing star. Our current calendar follows a Tropical year, measured at Vernal equinox, which is 365.24219 days. A sidereal year, or star sighting, is 365.25636 days and the difference between the two is Earth's measured precession. In other words the sidereal year is considered the true year and a tropical year is early which accounts for a precession or a slow movement of the length of an Earth year.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by Devino]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

No, I understand perfectly where you are coming from, and your input is very welcome. It is nice to see a little of every perspective on these things.

And I've come to grips with your problems with the Western way of doing things, which is not entirely accurate, I agree.. That is why I usually take into account a persons entire chart, rather than just rely upon their Sun sign, which can be very unreliable. Given the afflictedness of the planets of a given person's chart, they can act the completely opposite of what their Western sun sign would propose.

However, all of the various branches of astrology seem to agree when it comes to particular alignments and aspects, given their are discepencies as far as dates, etc.. In essance, they all pretty much say the same things in different ways, if you throw out the Western sun sign analysis, which is a poor way of doing it, i admit, but can still be very accurate if you account for the moon and other planets in ones chart.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj
Can anyone go back to the last time this happened and what events took place???

Just a guess but if its 10,000 years and we are at 2010 AD then that should put us around 8010BC. Quick google search and I fould somthing about the Ice age ending in 8000 BC.

Anyone else pipe in what could have happend the last time this accured?

Some believe the Sphinx was built around 10,000 years ago.

The dawn of agriculture and settled communities (as opposed to nomadic hunter/gatherer societies) probably happened around 10,000 years ago, too.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake

I too am an astrologer...might I make a suggestion? The astrological info is spot on..however rather then considering a gun...I recommend everyone consider the trusty and "quiet" Bow and Arrow...todays sights and compound attributes make them as easy as rifles to shoot but you wont be advertising where you are , or where the food is...as ya will with a big ol loud gun.

Great thread..thank you for your work

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm a Aries and I was born in 1990... Hopefully this makes my task of saving the world easier

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Charly111

Thank you for that wealth of information that goes along with this thread.. It seems that i have gathered a lot of the astrologers here on ATS and I love to pick their brains.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Be careful what you dismiss as worthless Devino. I suggest you do a bit more research, and verify this statement for yourself, rather than dismiss it out of hand.

I was once a big skeptic myself, but through experience I learned otherwise.

The only true knowledge is first-hand experience.

Yes, if you only go by the Western sun sign, you will likely be dissappointed, but even this can be remarkably accurate. However, if you delve deeper into the positions of the moon and other planets in your Chart, study Vedic astrology in compilation with sidereal, I think that you will be quite suprised.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join