It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the US at the same time!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I dont know if this has any connection here. I live in tennessee and it was reported that....Small Earthquake Reported Near Dalton, Ga
posted May 24, 2010

A small earthquake was reported on Sunday evening near Dalton, Ga.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, it measured 1.5 on the richter scale.

The time was given as 5:29 p.m. at the epicenter.

The depth was listed at 7.2 miles.

The USGS gave the location as five miles south southeast of Dalton.

It was eight miles from Resaca and 11 miles from Chatsworth.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

The feed just went out. I've been monitoring another blog site were several people have been watching this video feed and writing about it in real time.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

see page 110

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I work with electronic data retrieval via phone and cell modems. I see occasional glitches in my system that we suspect to be due to the fact some of our equipment is potentially solar flare sensitive as well as being sensitive to surges. Yes, we spend a lot of money on APC protect net for those who know what I am talking about.

When we have a problem it seems to be isolated to a region instead of widespread, but it might be more global. Reason I say that is the weakest part of the system is what should be the part that breaks down our commuincations and when it actually goes out it possibly relieves the stress on the com lines.

If these stations are independantly funcitioning as I suspect it is like to my situation, then each station will function and collect data at the same rate as previous we just experience a temporary loss of com. So, it is possible we saw a worldwide response to a solar flare and since the system is not dependant on one form of communique, we can see it in near real time. Maybe your on to something when you think the instruments responded to the flare. It could be that there was a real time reaction on the network and a lot of the monitors recorded the electronic hit of that flare.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobody you know
By the way, it occurred at EVERY single working seismograph in the world at about the same time. They can't all be wrong, can they?

If there was, indeed, a differential in the times of the spikes, could that not give some indication of the area of origin within the planet or the point of impact. And even if it was some sort of massive but relatively soft jolt from something from space?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

Man what is up with all of guys hating on this guy. He just wanted to post what he though and posted a link to something which backed him up of his suspicions. If you so not like this post you do not need to flame the guy.

I am also under this sizemek activity and did not feel anything. Wonder what was that about.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Not sure if this is connected to eartquakes, but one of my security cams burnt out this morning. It faces north east along a two lane highway.

When I reviewed the DVR (digital video recorder), I discoved that the SUN was 2-3 times brighter than I've ever seen it before.

I went outside and glanced at it and nearly burned my eyes. Then I ran into the garage to grab my arc-welding mask and looked at the sun through that. Something is wrong with the SUN.

MY SWAGS: It might be a CME or possible dust in the sky from the Icelandic volcano erruptions.

Is it possible that the earthquakes are due to solar EM effects of large CMEs?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
I think it was this

6 10/05/24 16:18:27 8.09S 71.56W 565.3 6.5M A ACRE, BRAZIL

This earthquake was extremely deep (565.3 km (351.3 miles) set by location program) and similar to past quakes around the area.

I also tend to believe that it could be it, a quake can be felt at all stations at the same time, please do correct me if iam wrong, but i think they set the location and intensity by the differences measured at different stations.

I am keen to hear a more professional explanation for this event. Anyhow i do believe things are moving more then they used to move...

Enjoy

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Event: 2010/05/25 10:09:06.0
Description: Mag 6 - NORTHERN MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE

OK gang, check out the seismos...

www.iris.washington.edu...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thanks BG!!
Does this happen often? Or is this something more substantial?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Consider the possibility that things may be shifting around in the bottom of the gulf from pressure being released at that spewing oil well.

I suppose there is a reason they pump things into one as they pump oil out of it besides to force the oil to the surface.

I'm sure they are really having a heck of a time equalizing the pressure with no reference to how much oil is being released.

Just a thought....

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gold_Bug
I've been watching the 'Live video link from the ROV monitoring the damaged riser' at:

www.bp.com...

And it looks like the SEA FLOOR JUST EXPLODED.

The ROV cam was pointed at the open pipe that was spewing oil, then large dark clouds of oil drifted into view from behind the ROV.

The camera was turned and what looked like a massive volcano, hundreds of times more flow than the spewing oil pipe, erupted upwards.

Right now, the screen is black and shows lots of falling oil globs.

I'm pretty sure if the sea floor exploded there would not be any video feeds coming in. And probably be a tsunami on the way, but I highly doubt either took place. And what is peoples obsession with putting on welding glasses and looking at the sun? They make solar telescopes for that, would give you a much better view I might add.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Yesterday an earthquake of 5.9 in Peru was reported on
German TV.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

SpaceWeather.com reports:

SOLAR BLAST: A magnetic filament on the sun erupted yesterday, May 24th, and the blast hurled a coronal mass ejection (CME) in the general direction of Earth. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the action around the blast site in 10xHDTV resolution:

Click to view a 0.6 MB movie

Shortly after the eruption, the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) spotted a billion-ton CME racing away from the sun: movie. NOAA forecasters say there is a 35% chance of geomagnetic activity on May 27th when the cloud delivers a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
off topic but, I live in florida and recently had a vivid dream of standing in my kitchen and feeling that sinking feeling when you're going up real fast in an elevator, and then down, as if an earthquake was happening.

It was unnerving because it felt so real!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is Nibiru of course!!
The gravitational pull is being felt all over the world! Boy, those Reptillians sure are noisy!

Seriously though, I find this thread more than fascinating! If it was a quake,
which I don't believe it was, how come this anomaly has never shown up before?
or were we all asleep when it did?

Let us use deductive reasoning here:

Solar? No, as someone pointed out, wouldn't effect entire world.

Emp? No we are still on grid.

Pole shift? not likely, this is not a physical displacement.

Earthquake 6.2 ?we have had larger quakes at deeper depths.

Harp? possible but if Harp could do this, I believe we would have felt a much bigger jolt.

New weapon? Yes, definitely possible.

Underground Nuke? No, we have tested before without this reaction.

Sea Floor exploding? Yeah, reasonable guess

Hadron? No it was a FAIL!!

Earth's crust displacing? I think this is the most likely.

Or Obama falling from his pedestal? Yep that's it!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
My best guess looking at the data that was givin, it had to be deep for every station to be hit world wide...kinda like a ripple effect?? i dont claim to be an expert but logic applies here, prob originated from the core outwards, my only educated guess was a strong magnetic pull shifted the earth enough to cause disturbance in the core that created the seismic ripple across ocean floors...ill look into it more, maybe ill come up with something else...anybody feeling the same way??

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Strange, 2 nights ago I had, for a moment, the feeling of being lifted out of my bed, almost when falling asleep. This is quite common, I know, tough I tought of it because of a post about a vivid dream here (and now the solor things).

Can we expect War of the Worlds like EMP clouds in a few days?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
One thing i almost forgot ias that currently our galaxy is colliding with 2 other smaller galaxies, could gravitational wake be causing disturbances in our planet as well as others...maybe not threating since these 2 galaxies are to far away to cause any real damage but wake does make a little sense....

[edit on 25-5-2010 by 933K5T4R]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Some very interesting posts so far, and afew less than interesting...

My bet is on one thing:

HAARP

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I couldn't find any great descriptions of p-wave travel but I did find an example:

neic.usgs.gov...

In that earthquake on May 9th, the P wave took only 20 minutes to propagate halfway around the world (180 degrees from epicenter to Lima, Peru).

I would imagine depth has something to do with this as well. I have a limited understanding of deep earth physics but I would imagine the deeper the quake the more "in sync" stations will be (i.e. quicker p wave times, less material to go through ... it's not so much the surface of the earth that matters as distance internally)? Someone feel free to correct me.

I will add everyone should check out the What's Going On At Yellowstone? thread. Lots of information about these sorts of things. Also keep in mind that at stations like this:

www.seis.utah.edu...

the seismographs are sensitive enough to pick up things such as local traffic, wind noise, and other human-caused vibrations. Check out multiple stations on that page and you will see all of them do indeed show the event, but the magnitude appears to merely show a P-wave from the Brazil eq going through the area, see this station:

www.seis.utah.edu...

Looks like a much smaller reading, however this stations are only ~25 mi apart.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Fiverz]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join