It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the US at the same time!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm back. Didn't get to sleep until 4am here in FL. I'm inclined to believe Phage in this. He shows some pretty good data and although its strange that some of the seismographs seem stronger at points thousands of miles away from Brazil, we don't know if all the machines are calibrated exactly the same way. They do state, however, that they are all magnified by a factor of 3000. I'm not sure its a perfect answer, but it fits the best that I can see.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
In "2012 Event Horizon" by David Wilcock, he explains that energy waves or pulses travel outward from the core of our galaxy along it's equatorial plane and impact our solar system at certain intervals. Maybe, one of those waves or pulses just past through us.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite

Originally posted by savvys84

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by savvys84
Hey!! I felt it allright.
My bed shook and immediately, I knew it was an earth quake.
But nothing in the news

Maybe they "scalar'd" you again!

Quick.....back under the bed!

Lol, but I did mention Gravity / Time waves propagating , rebounding and causing earth quakes, on my anti grav thread. Did I cause this , I wonder

No mate you didnt. You built a piece of crap machine in your garage from old bits of tat and all it manages to do is illuminate a couple of light bulbs. Rest easy, your impressive display of 40 watt bulbs didnt cause this

Blimey!! Chinese laundry em aye, how would you know?
Or should I say, ' Dr Livingstone I Presume?' Lol

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Really? Wow, then I don't know what could be causing this then. Maybe there's another answer out there.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Can you show the data which backs up what you say?

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

The event you are talking about occurred in March.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I just wanted to post it one more time.

P-wave from Brazil eq

18 min to travel 150 degrees around the globe.

this one took 20 min to travel 160 degrees
this one took 19 min to travel 156 degrees
this one took 19 min to travel 157 degrees

those are just a few of the 6.0+ mag eqs in the last couple days

Please do your own research and confirm with monitors here www.seis.utah.edu...

I think it's pretty clear that many magnitude 6.0 earthquakes can easily have a P wave surround the globe in around 20 minutes, and the Brazil earthquake's would have hit the US 5-8 min after the quake.

Is there anything really left to discuss, other than what caused that deep of an eq? The stations were reporting exactly what they should have been. It's already been stated numerous times in the thread that the magnitude of what's on the chart varies with eq depth and distance. The times match up which is the most important thing.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by westcoast

IT WAS A DEEP EARTHQUAKE!!!!

At 1618 UTC there was a 6.5 quake in Brazil. The reason it showed up so much around the globe is because it was 565 KM DEEP!!!! The seismos only go down to 700 KM, so that is a very, very deep quake, especially for that size.

The real discussion here shouldn't be what caused the seismos to react, but what that quake may represent. There was also another, even deeper quake a very short time later in Fiji

So, before you start casually proclaiming with such certainty what this was, please satisfactory answer the following questions:

1) Has there ever been an earthquake (other than the Fiji one you just reported) reported at a depth of 565KM or greater?
2) If yes to question one, did anything like this happen?
3) If yes to question one, and no to question two, how do you explain that?
4) How long after the quake in Brazil did the quake in Fiji (at a greater depth) occur, was it within an hour?
5) How can you explain the magnitude of the quakes which were registered vast distances from the Brazil quake?

EDIT: Fixed question 3

[edit on 25/5/10 by CHA0S]

Oh man.....*smacking hand to forehead*....
1. YES...thousands in the past ten years.

2, YES...pretty much every time there is a large quake (above mag 6). I don't have the time to do the reasarch for you, but I have seen it myself numerous times. Like I said, the earth is an incredible place. Just do a search on the USGS website for large quakes and go to the websiste with the seismos and look it up. The Chile quake is a great example. It was sending shockwaves around the world for a LONG time. Amazing stuff.

3. N/A

4. Look HERE. A little bit of time and you will find all the answers to these questions yourself.

5. You need to understand, that the remote seismos were NOT picking up *events* of *magnetudes*. They were picking up P waves.....remote waves eminating from the epicenter of the 6.5 quake. It is easily explained with basic Gelology.

I realize it seems incredible to all those looking at this without any bavkground, but this really is a common occurance. Amazing as it is, it is simply mother nature doing her thing.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I want to add one last thing before I get going, and that is, I'm still not convinced, because even if the Brazil quake did produce P waves which were registered around the entire world within and hour, yet no one felt the effects, even if we assume all these things are possible (I'm not sure about some of them), I believe this sort of thing would be a much more common occurrence. Perhaps if someone can link other cases where an earthquake has triggered similar recordings all around the world, and that will be fully conclusive...but if that can't be done, one thing can be said about this, and that is, it's definitely not "normal".

Well, I'm gunna need evidence that this sorta things is normal, and has happened before, because ATS members would have noticed it were that the case.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by assasinforfather
All the signs are here. We don't have much longer to make peace on our hearts.

Peace indeed, the oil mess isnt cleaned up nor looking like it will be anytime soon, people keep acting like its a small celestial man made issue and are more concerned with money, very sad for some who indeed are not at peace. Mabey the Sun is reacting to the ignorance and is responding......

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiverz

Thanks Fiverz. I really just started this thread as a question on how this works as I was told incomplete information about P-waves to start with. I think it has to be the answer we're looking for.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, Westcoast! Hopefully this thread can rest in peace now :-)

[edit on 25-5-2010 by nobody you know]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
I want to add one last thing before I get going, and that is, I'm still not convinced, because even if the Brazil quake did produce P waves which were registered around the entire world within and hour, yet no one felt the effects, even if we assume all these things are possible (I'm not sure about some of them), I believe this sort of thing would be a much more common occurrence. Perhaps if someone can link other cases where an earthquake has triggered similar recordings all around the world, and that will be fully conclusive...but if that can't be done, one thing can be said about this, and that is, it's definitely not "normal".

Well, I'm gunna need evidence that this sorta things is normal, and has happened before, because ATS members would have noticed it.

OMG are people really this dense? It doesn't happen if ATS doesn't notice it?

You have a handfull of people out of thousands who don't understand geologly so are using wild speculation instead of doing a little bit of reasearch and educating themselves.

You have another handfull of people out of thousands who HAVE already educated themselves and are trying their best to give you the scientifc answer, but you refuse to listen.

I am done trying to explain. You really don't want the scientific answer anyways, so have fun making up fantastic stories.

I'm not trying to be condensending here, I am just frustrated.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There was a 6.3 in the mid-atlantic at 10:09.
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

I hope so. I think this thread is a great opportunity for people to learn more about the planet that we live on, and how incredible it is.

It is disappointing when people would rather go with the dramatics instead of the easily scientificly proven.

Yes, as my tagline says, I am open to the unknown and unexplained. But this one is easily explained folks...as incredible as it seems.

The original thread was great, but unfortunately it got derailed with the doom and gloom.....

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Do you think there is a chance that these two events may be related?

UPDATE 11:51pmCDT: Another major eruption. These are not coming from the riser. They are coming in to view from elsewhere, even in the long, high-view shots. Sometimes from behind the ROV. Twenty-four hours of near non-stop SpillCam viewing, and not one look at the BOP.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted this earlier on another popular website, but I want to share it here as well. When you click on the link, click on virtually ANY red dot and you will see an earthquake that happened around 1630GMT!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Haven’t heard anyone say one way or the other.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

The links are not showing anything except a somewhat vague world map.

I realize that 12 hours have gone by. Is there something more specific regarding this?

Haven't had the time to read entire thread. In a word...did what you say really happen? (in your opinion).

I've seen a few edits, and anomalies, at USGS. Was there any worded mention by them, regarding event?

Thanks

[edit on 25-5-2010 by davidmann]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

OMG are people really this dense? It doesn't happen if ATS doesn't notice it?

You have a handfull of people out of thousands who don't understand geologly so are using wild speculation instead of doing a little bit of reasearch and educating themselves.

You have another handfull of people out of thousands who HAVE already educated themselves and are trying their best to give you the scientifc answer, but you refuse to listen.
Well, that's nice, but you still have yet to back up your argument with evidence, you've given a "scientific" answer, and hooray for you, but you haven't proven your so-called "scientific" theory my friend. I just did a little Google search, and I'm finding it pretty hard to find any other case where this many seismographs have registered so many hits in such a small time span. I was finding things like 7 quakes within 48 hours...2 quakes in 3 hours...nothing like this...so, forgive me if I don't simply believe things based on nothing but the above rant.

EDIT: BTW, ATS members notice when something so plainly obvious happens my friend, they notice when 3 quakes happen in 2 hours, I'm sure such a global event wouldn't easily go unnoticed.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This was posted on George Ure's website yesterday...
www.urbansurvival.com

"An eruption in the long filament channel in the northern hemisphere (the center of the channel is located around N20W10) was detected by SOHO/EIT starting from 17:00 UT on May 23. It was accompanied by extended coronal dimmings and a post-eruptive arcade. An associated long-duration B1.4 flare peaked at 18:43 UT. At the moment of writing the LASCO data is not available, so it is impossible to determine if the eruption was accompanied by a halo CME. However, the associated CME was detected by SECCHI/COR2 onboard both STEREO spacecraft starting from 17:54 UT. The estimated CME plane-of-the-sky speed is around 350 km/s.Due to the position of the CME source region across the central meridian (as seen from the Earth) and angular extent of the CME crossing the ecliptic plane, we expect the corresponding ICME to arrive to the Earth late on May 26 - early on May 27.

I'm curious how much a role a CME plays in this globally.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you very much, I had not considered that.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join