It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the US at the same time!!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I assume there was a reason for that claim having been made. I was asking for the data to back it up.

Well, the summary of that eathquake he was talking about was interesting:

Magnitude 6.3 - SPAIN
2010 April 11 22:08:11 UTC

Tectonic Summary

The seismotectonics of the April 11, 2010 M6.3 Spanish earthquake are enigmatic, but the occurrence of deep earthquakes beneath this region of Spain are well-documented. The location of the April 11, 2010 M6.3 and it's unusual depth of 616 km suggests that it is related to the well-studied M7.1 deep Spanish earthquake of March 24, 1954. The epicenter of the 1954 earthquake, based on the distribution of ground shaking at the surface (macroseismicity) and limited instrumental recordings of the earthquake, is beneath the town of Dúrcal, 20 km south of Granada. Since the 1954 earthquake, a handful of small magnitude earthquakes (3 and smaller) have occurred in approximately the same location (Buforn et al., 1991). Southwest of the April 11, 2010 M6.3 earthquake in the area of the Alboran Sea, convergences of the African and Eurasian plates does produce a well-defined zone of small magnitude (M < 4) to depth of 200 km. Other than the localized zone of seismicity near 600 km depth, there are no known earthquakes between 200 km and 600 km depth.

It seems to me, all this theoretical business and inability to provide a conclusive case that plainly shows seismographs around the world have detected so many P waves within an hour, the pieces aren't fitting together for me. Sorry.

Edit: Sorry, I read that wrong, and see it was talking about the 1954 quake, still an interesting summary none the less.

[edit on 26/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I actually felt the quake you're telling us about. It hit the UK British Isles at the time you quoted. I was resting in bed and felt three shocks. Separated by about ten seconds. Quite sharp shocks which I would judge to be about 3 or 4 on the scale. You know that on 21 December 2012 our Solar System will pass through the Galactic Equator. This is a phenomenon which will shake the world to greater or lesser extent. No one knows to what extent. Todays worldwide quake is probably a Cosmic Ray Energy shock wave associated with the Galactic Equator phenomenon. At the centre of our Milkyway Galaxy there is a huge Black Hole phenomenon which because of its high speed of rotation is generating a disc of Cosmic Ray Energy conduction which will cause shock waves to hit the Earth as we pass through it. I suggest that the quake we felt today, simultanious all around the world, at the precise same moment, is the first of many more such Cosmic Ray Energy induced quake that will hit Earth as we go into and through the Galactic Equatorial. Another possibility that could explain the mysterious quake your reporting about is that a Super Nova star has exploded in a part of the Milkyway Galaxy quite near to us ? Any other realistic ideas going around ?

[edit on 25/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

True the Sun does not create High Energy Cosmic rays but it does effect them. During time of high solar activity like we have now the Sun weakens these rays. So if this event was caused by HECrs the Sun lessened the impact.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowKungFu

Originally posted by LuckyStrike
reply to post by Phage

Hey Phage, what movie is your avatar from? Are you a John Lithgow fan? If I remember correctly, your last avatar was a photo of him as well...

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

Great old flick, makes me smile every time i see his avatar

That's right! Now I remember...and YES it was a great flick!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

The section you bolded is about an earthquake in 1954. There were a lot fewer seismometers in the the world in 1954 and no internet. We are much better at locating earthquakes now, many more instruments and much better communication of data.

Well if you expect someone else to do the research for you...
January 12, 2010 21:53. The Haiti Earthquake. Here is a seismogram from Greece:
www.geophysics.geol.uoa.gr...

Turkey:

Crete:

Netherlands:
www.knmi.nl...

That's all you're going to get from me. Please excuse me.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by XigXag

I am thinking it could of been the sun.

Could the sun cause some kind of magnetic interference with seismographs?

The massive decline in the earth's magnetic field is proceeding
the Geomagnetic Reversal that is coming.

This is documented fact, they have even had TV shows on it, you
can verify it on wikipedia and elsewhere.

With the decline in the earth's magnetic field the effect's from
outside are starting to have more effects, and we are worried
about a CME now being able to basically shut down the power grid
not just the satellites.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

you are welcome I just thought it was odd or should i say scary i was looking at the disclosure project members list from the Bottom Up last night
and this thread came to ATS as to just about what this Scientist says! close to it another is Eugene Mallove a researcher ( Cold Fusion ) that was murdered when he was going to reveal his secrets of free energy
killed at his rental property and claimed to be a Robbery influence !

im still looking through the list !

The Site
www.disclosureproject.org...
the acknowledgments
www.disclosureproject.org...

here is the list copy and paste! I tried to find the location of the txt on the net and failed

NAMES FROM THE DISCLOSURE PROJECT
WITNESS LIST:

Testimony that Explains the Secrecy:

Brigadier General Stephen Lovekin: Army National Guard Reserves
Merle Shane McDow: US Navy Atlantic Command
Lt. Col. Charles Brown: US Air Force (Ret.)
"Dr. B"
Lance Corporal Jonathan Weygandt: US Marine Corps
Maj. George A. Filer, III: US Air Force (Ret.)
Nick Pope: British Ministry of Defense Official
Larry Warren: US Air Force, Security Officer
Sgt. Clifford Stone: US Army
Master Sgt. Dan Morris: US Air Force, NRO Operative
A.H.: Boeing Aerospace Employee
Officer Alan Godfrey: British Police
Sgt. Karl Wolf: US Air Force
Ms. Donna Hare: NASA Employee
Mr. John Maynard: DIA Official
Dr. Robert Wood: McDonnell Douglas Aerospace Engineer
Glen Dennis: NM UFO Crash Witness
Sgt. Leonard Pretko: US Air Force
Dr. Roberto Pinotti: Italian UFO expert
Dr. Paul Czysz: McDonnell Douglas Career Engineer
nip>
John Callahan: FAA Head of Accidents and Investigations
Michael Smith: US Air Force Radar Controller
Franklin Carter: US Navy Radar Technician
Neil Daniels: United Airlines Pilot
Lt. Frederick Fox: US Navy Pilot
Captain Robert Salas: US Air Force, SAC Launch Controller
Prof. Robert Jacobs: US Air Force
Harry Allen Jordan: US Navy
James Kopf: US Navy Crypto Communications

Witness Testimony:

Overview:
nip>
Monsignor Corrado Balducci: September 2000

Radar and Pilot Cases:

FAA Division Chief John Callahan
Sgt. Chuck Sorrells: US Air Force (ret.)
Mr. Michael W. Smith: US Air Force
Commander Graham Bethume: US Navy (ret.)
Mr. Enrique Colbeck: Senior Air Traffic Controller
Dr. Richard Haines
Mr. Franklin Carter: US Navy
Neil Daniels: Airline Pilot
Sgt. Robert Blazina (ret.)
Lieutenant Frederick Marshall Fox: US Navy (ret.)
Captain Massimo Poggi
Lt. Bob Walker: US Army
Mr. Don Bockelman: US Army

SAC/Nuke:

Captain Robert Salas
Professor Robert Jacobs: Lt. US Air Force
Lt. Colonel Dwynne Arneson: US Air Force (ret.)
Colonel Ross Dedrickson: US Air Force/AEC (ret.)
Harry Allen Jordan: US Navy
Mr. James Kopf: US Navy/ National Security Agency
Lieutenant Colonel Joe Wojtecki, US Air Force
Staff Sergeant Stoney Campbell: US Air Force

Government Insiders/ NASA/ Deep Insiders:

Astronaut Gordon Cooper
Brigadier General Steven Lovekin, Esq.: Army National Guard Reserve
Merle Shane McDow: US Navy Atlantic Command
Lieutenant Colonel Charles Brown: US Air Force (ret.), October
Dr. Carol Rosin
“Dr. B.”
Lance Corporal John Weygandt: U.S. Marine Corps,
Major A. Filer III: U.S. Air Force
Mr. Nick Pope: British Ministry Of Defense
Admiral Lord Hill-Norton: Five-Star Admiral, Former Head of the British
Ministry of Defense
Security Officer Larry Warren: United States Air Force,
Captain Lori Rehfeldt
Sergeant Clifford Stone: United States Army
Major-General Vasily Alexeyev: Russian Air Force
Master Sergeant Dan Morris: US Air Force/NRO Operative (ret.)
Mr. Don Phillips: Lockheed Skunkworks, USAF, and CIA Contractor
Captain Bill Uhouse: US Marine Corps (ret.)
Lieutenant Colonel John Williams: US Air Force (ret.)
Mr. Don Johnson
A.H.: Boeing Aerospace, December 2000
British Police Officer Alan Godfrey
Mr. Gordon Creighton: Former British Foreign Service Official
Sergeant Karl Wolfe: US Air Force
Donna Hare: Former NASA Employee
Mr. John Maynard: Defense Intelligence Agency (ret.)
Mr. Harland Bentley: US Army
Dr. Robert Wood: McDonnell Douglas Aerospace Engineer,
Dr. Alfred Webre: Senior Policy Analyst, Stanford Research Institute
Denise McKenzie: Former SAIC employee
Mr. Paul H. Utz
Colonel Phillip J. Corso, Sr.: US Army (ret.)
Mr. Glen Dennis
Lieutenant Walter Haut: US Navy
Buck Sergeant Leonard Pretko: US Air Force
Mr. Dan Willis: US Navy
Dr. Roberto Pinotti

Technology/Science:

Mr. Mark McCandlish: US Air Force
Professor Paul Czysz
Dr. Hal Puthoff
David Hamilton: Department of Energy
Lieutenant Colonel Thomas E. Bearden: US Army (ret.)
Dr. Eugene Mallove
Dr. Paul La Violette
Mr. Fred Threlfell: Royal Canadian Air Force
Dr. Ted Loder

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I live in Connecticut 10 miles from the coast and at about 5:20 am my motorcycle alarm beeped.
The sensor which was triggered was the one which senses a jolt or vibration.
I ran to the place it was parked and I had a good view of the covered bike and the surrounding area. There was ample light.
I'm thinking maybe this is related. Maybe I should reduce the sensitivity.
I can't have seismic activity setting this off and waling me that early.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUin2013?

I have been groggy lateley, too.

Has anyone else had a headache the last couple of days? I know this is a stretch, but it would be interesting if there was a correlation.

I NEVER get headaches....my head is PONDING....feels like someone tried to cut it in half with an axe and left the axe in there... I keep passing out from the pain......also I am congested as heck and I never get sick, soooo yeah, and YUCK!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I thought Earthquakes were caused by tectonic plates rubbing against each other in the Earths upper crust, which is only about 32 KM deep on the continents. If this is the case, how could Earthquakes be hundred of miles below the surface. Below the Earths crust is what we have named "the Mantle" which is a kind of flowing rock.

Here is an interesting link that explains things.

geology.about.com...

The uppermost mantle is slowly stirred by the plate motions going on above it. The main activities are the downward motion of subducting plates and the upward motion of mantle rock at spreading centers. All this commotion does not mix the upper mantle thoroughly, however, and geochemists think of the upper mantle as a rocky version of marble cake.

Our most powerful tool for exploring the mantle is to monitor seismic waves from the world's earthquakes. The two different kinds of seismic wave, P waves (analogous to sound waves) and S waves (like the waves in a shaken rope), respond to the physical properties of the rocks they go through. Like light waves, they reflect off density boundaries and refract in rocks of different density. We use these effects to map the Earth's insides.

Apparently, the Upper Mantle does create Earthquakes. The Upper Mantle extends down about 600 km, so that explains these types of quakes.

geology.com...

Rocks in the upper mantle are cool and brittle, while rocks in the lower mantle are hot and soft (but not molten). Rocks in the upper mantle are brittle enough to break under stress and produce earthquakes.

This last is the best article I have found on the subject, which describes the Mantle as viscous, which is what I remember being taught.

www.virtualuppermantle.info...

Below the lithosphere the upper mantle becomes more plastic in its rheology. In some regions below the lithosphere, the seismic velocity is reduced. This low velocity zone extends down to a depth of several hundred km. The lower boundary separating the upper and lower mantle - is a transitional zone. The transition zone is located in the depth interval 400 - 650 kilometers from the Earth's surface. The transition zone is an area of great complexity; it physically separates the upper and lower mantle. Physical and chemical processes occurring in Earth's upper mantle, have a great and often decisive influence on many geodynamic, geophysical, geochemical phenomena observed on the surface of the Earth.

The Mantle is also flowing around the Earth. These deep Earthquakes indicate that it doesn't always flow so evenly. The Earths Mantle also moves at a higher speed than the surface plates, and in different directions.

news.suite101.com...

If you want to look at the speed of P waves and S waves which are sent around the globe by an Earthquake, here is a good link that explains things.

eqseis.geosc.psu.edu...

If an average speed of 5-10 KM a second is considered, than there should be a clear time difference between the recording of these seismic readings depending on the distance from the epicenter.
Something a 1,000KM from the epicenter should get readings 2-5 minutes from the time of the Earthquake, while someplace a 10,000km should record the quake 20-50 minutes later. The pattern should be pretty clear.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by poet1b]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

Yes headache past two days, not only that, but our computers went nuts Sunday night/Monday morning, my Cat scan has been acting up all day, and my mood is way off. Yesterday I was very aggravated at everything, and no I'm not hormonal.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Good effort, Kepp up posted. Stared and flagged

The Coming Changes are near, keep close attention to our environment.

Love & Light.

p.s Nothing is by accident/coincidence.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
ok, so at least 4 different places just on this thread actually FELT quakes worldwide.....in different areas....

how does that explain the p waves????

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobody you know

Something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the US at the same time!!!

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov

I posted this earlier on another popular website, but I want to share it here as well. When you click on the link, click on virtually ANY red dot and you will see an earthquake that happened around 1630GMT!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov

I do believe those are P waves and S waves from the 6.5 in Peru. But dont hold me to it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Very clever thoughts

I would like to know more about the Galactic hemisphere part where do I look?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Getting no live feed from video either but didn't they say they were going to discontinue it. When I last saw it, it looked different, blacker and more of it to say the least. Could be something went wrong causing the quakes.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well all I can say is, that a magnetic pole shift is much more preferable than a physical one.

Atleast I won't have to crack out my floaties and swimming trunks.

Although sittting on top of Mt Baw Baw in Vic AU & watching a 1000ft Sunami wipe out all the pricks living on the coast whom I h8 would be kinda fun...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thanks for the link berkeleygal! These seem to correspond to the data from the other site. What I find nearly as interesting however, is why the "real time" updates appear to have ceased?

ESV

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
look at PTCN left of South America. craziness there.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join