It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New satellite views of spill, sorry Florida, LA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

Looking at all the stuff THAT CLOSE to the surface from the Canadian satellite:
soon the hurricanes could be spawning TAR-NADOs. You read it here 1st.

signature
"The rule of the color of law is tyranny"

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My years serving in NAS pensacola, I was proud to see the carriers come into port, my years in NAS pensacola, I enjoyed liberty, spending it dining at local seafood establishments and talking with locals along the gulf.

I enjoyed, when I was not on duty, sitting along the gulf, watching dolphins at play far off into the gulf. I also was baffled by the bioluminescence that occured in gulf breeze fort walton, etc. That's another forum though.

When I left, returning to a land locked city, I made the coast my get away spot, returning 3times a year, as I love the sea and the feeling of awesomeness even the gulf conveyed. I reflected, I recharged and relaxed, as the ocean helps one organize their lives and marvel at nature.

Now I'm pissed, as once again, human arrogance has struck a blow at the very thing that brought us life..nature.

Lives that are made by the sea, are now/will be crippled. Corpses of sea life will wash up on shores from LA to MA, depending on where the current takes it. The awe of the gulf will be replaced by the flaw of certain humans, in the form of oil, lapping onto the toes of a dreamer....ruining their attempt to reflect. Recharge. Reinvigorate. Or marvel at nature.

Nothing to see here...move along?

Right, nothing to see here, no smoking on the beach, fire hazard.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by ahmonrarh]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, Alabama is still promoting white sand beaches and fishing trips. They do have Dauphin Island, and they have really done a great job in protecting the barrier island. I wouldn't be a bit suprised if somehow Alabama gets out of this with the least damage.

Gov. Jindal wants to have the Louisiana National Guard build a barrier island; who knows how that will play out. I see nothing but death gushing into the Gulf and eventually carried far inland, poisoning the water supply and the soil. Some folks in Texas claim that it rains oil where they are; I grew up in New Orleans, and never have I seen, smelled or touched crude. This is really, really bad. And it is all about money.

The money is for the BP executives and the shareholders. Right now BP is focused on minimizing the loss for its shareholders, not in minimizing the damage caused by this gusher.

My heart weeps for the Gulf Coast. It will never be the same...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak
This spill doesn't even rank in the top 20 of worst spills yet let alone in the top 100 of world disasters

Not yet, anyway.

You can't compare this to ones in the past while it's still going and not knowing how much is going to keep coming.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
its already 4 times worst at least then the exxon valdez
on the news 5 minutes ago here in holland
and ongoing
also south america geting ready 4

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
alot off topics i doubt any of them were

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
alot off topics i doubt any of them were