It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New satellite views of spill, sorry Florida, LA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sorry can't edit my post above from mobile. But I meant CNN Newsroom.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don"t get why everyone keeps saying nuke.
There are none nukes big enough to close the whole. Mother of bombs or father can't remember which belongs to the us.
Plus it's oil and gas the explosion would be huge.
Maybe that's why they haven't done this yet.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I agree with you donttrust. I believe a nuke would just make the problem worse. A nuke would blow the methane gas reserves and catch the oil on fire as well as radiate the food chain and imagine the fallout from a nuclear sea during hurricane season. A nuke would be a horrible idea but people don't see the long term. Also I think I heard somewhere that the well is dangerously close to a nuclear graveyard. Don't know how reliable that info is but if true imagine 20 nuclear bombs blowing at once. The gulf and gulf states and mexico would be nuclear wasteland

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

"That would be nice, although I doubt it will happen. Since the coast guard is trying to arrest and detain reporters on the coast, I doubt they would let thousands of civilians in to assit, with cell phone cameras and handi cams galore. "

Not sure where you got that info from, I live 100 yards from the gulf down here on the coast, and there arn't any coast guard folks arresting anyone. In fact there is no coast guard doing anything. There all siting around with there thumb up there butts not doing a damn thing, while the oil creeps ever closer. I mean come on how hard is it to plug a PIPE...

I have no faith in our goverment anymore, they haven't a clue in there ivory towers. But remember folks when election time comes again. The ones that did something get a check on the ballout. The ones that didn't get a NO.

There all idiots..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Note: NPR has now confirmed 2,100,000 gallons of oil leaking per day. That is 70,000 barrels per day or 1 Exxon-Valdez spill every 4 days. I just posted this because I saw a post saying that the Valdez spill was far worse than this spill.Huh? How could it be when every 4 days this leaks more than the Valdez spill?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The aftermath of this will catastophic! I cant believe the news is moving on to other BS, This and our troops should be #1 and there talkin about 3 people protesting AZ's new bills, wich bye the way I live in AZ and our local news is tired of that, I just think to myself, "will they ever stop this", and the 3 that are blaming each other should NEVER be in business again,
Everything they have needs to go to make up for all the damage/tourism/clean up!! They should be paying for at least 15 years, but I'm sure the money will go to the wrong places!
And thats all I have to say about that

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I wonder if the government can even afford to get involved. Sad, but it all depends on what the budget looks like. Mending a hole 5,000 feet underwater must be costly.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I just feel sick. It's beyond horrible, and nobody can minimize this horrific event -- it's there for all to see who have eyes and a brain to process those images.

My opinion -- BP is using dispersants in an attempt to minimize the appearance of the oil. Back in the day, eons ago when I was involved in a clean-up/mitigation or two, booms --usually sorbent booms -- were used to corral the crude, and skimmers sent in to take the lion's share off. Then, the dance continued, and it was a very challenging dance.... second or third boom pulled in to catch as much remaining crude as could be captured, and skimmed again. Then, and ONLY then, after as much as could be contained/captured was removed would the dispersants be used. During this time, other boom lines were in place to protect the coastline, and occasionally huge areas of crude were 'flashed' out to sea.

Why is BP being allowed to use dispersants now? I think I understand why they are being allowed to continue with their seemingly half-assed effort to cap the flow, because they have the best technology to do so, plus if the U.S. stepped in, the outcome would become the U.S.'s responsibility, and it seems to me that there is a LOT that can possibly go wrong with the capping, especially with the new vents that have popped up.

Where I blame the U.S. right now is (1) It seems somewhat apparent that the Department of the Interior Mineral Management Service allow some patently unsafe/unwise practices to be approved, at least according to Professor Robert Bea, of UC Berkeley's Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.

When this well was up for approval prior to the drilling in late 2009, several factors seem like they weren't identified that contributed toward this disaster. This well is the deepest ever drilled, both deepest water, and deepest beneath the sea floor bed. EXTREME and critical assessment should have been required, IMO.

From the link:

Seven Steps Leading to Containment Failure (Blowout, Pf)
Deepwater Horizon failure developed due to:• improper cement design (segmented discontinuous cement sheath)
• flawed Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA / QC) – no cement bond logs, ineffective oversight of operations
• bad decision making – removing the pressure barrier – displacing the drilling mud with sea water 8,000 feet below the drill deck
• loss of situational awareness – early warning signs not properly detected, analyzed or corrected (repeated major gas kicks, lost drilling tools, including evidence of damaged parts of the Blow Out Preventer [BOP] during drilling and/or cementing, lost circulation, changes in mud volume and drill string weight)
• improper operating procedures – premature off-loading of the drilling mud (weight material not available at critical time)
• flawed design and maintenance of the final line of defense – including the shear rams of the Blow Out Preventer (BOP).
• improper well design (configuration of well tubulars)

the other blame, (2) goes to the Fed..... The Governor of LA has been on TV and radio, begging for permit approval to create additional sand berms to stop/absorb the further encroachment of oil/sludge/crap into the wetlands, islands, etc. of Louisiana. As of this morning, those permits are being held up pending further studies. Okay, studies I understand, but action is needed NOW. I think the President has an obligation to utilize every resource at his disposal to protect the gulf shores from the incoming oil, and that's not just Louisiana. BP has to stop the flow.

I know I said in another thread that this isn't the time for blame, and I still sorta stand by that, but dammitall it's really very frustrating to watch the damage on a daily basis and see no sign of any effort to mitigate that damage. Damage done already will likely take decades to return to any semblance of normalcy. What does it take to get the government MOVING?

I remain........ just sick.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus

Since the coast guard is trying to arrest and detain reporters on the coast,

Trying or succeeding?
And what is your source and proof?
On another note, there is NO media blackout.
To think you could blackout something this big would be crazy.
Similar to telling someone they don't have a HUGE painful zit on their nose.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Now onto the brighter side of this problem, yes there is a bright side.
This would be an excellent exit strategy for our wars. “We must pull all our troops back to fully fight this oil menace”. This way we can be as tough as we want to be and can still say how we were givin em hell before we left. And may go back afterward if we smell any wmd’s. Saving face for all.

I do have a question though; in Mexico do they call it the Gulf of America?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
S&F. My hearts go out to all those who will be affected first. It will surely play a major role in all of our lives at one point though.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kupoliveson
I am a veterinarian I work for the government... I am what is called relief so while I am a full time employee I replace other vets. I have been sitting on my ass for 2 weeks! I would do almost anything to drive there in my government car and help! But here I sit... The lack of response is disgusting!

LOL....... in my "Government car"
Would that be a gas guzzling Humvee? .... like..... O.K to pollute the Air.....but the Oceans?
Well...... just keep sitting there.... it's worked well for you lot so far.

Atleast I can say "we the People" cleaned up our Beaches in Aus after a recent Oil spill, didn't need to be asked, didn't rely on Government transport either.

America.... always out to control the Worlds Oil, and now it can't control it in its own backyard..... Irony?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

LOL....... in my "Government car"
Would that be a gas guzzling Humvee? .... like..... O.K to pollute the Air.....but the Oceans?
Well...... just keep sitting there.... it's worked well for you lot so far.

Atleast I can say "we the People" cleaned up our Beaches in Aus after a recent Oil spill, didn't need to be asked, didn't rely on Government transport either.

America.... always out to control the Worlds Oil, and now it can't control it in its own backyard..... Irony?

Hey V Idiot,

There are lots of real people, real wildlife and a whole ecosystem suffering and dying here. We don't need you coming on here and politicizing this mess, and comparing apples to oranges with your Australian "beach cleanup". Please don't troll here.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Etherguide
This is horrible.
I wonder what hurricanes will do to the spill.

Interesting question.

From all I'm reading that may be a very good thing in fact. You see the oil is not permanent. There are natural bacteria that ingest oil. That is why the natural seeps do so little damage even though they put far more oil than this into the ocean constantly. The more dispersed it is, the better it might be.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
I mean come on how hard is it to plug a PIPE...

Under 5000 feet of water, gushing at that rate? Very hard.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
April 20th ‘s fatal blast in the Gulf of Mexico happened under a sky that featured Saturn (business as usual) exactly opposed to Uranus (explosions), which is moving into position with Pluto (hidden power) for their long-running square. Ceres, the asteroid of the Earth Mother, conjoined Pluto, the despoiler, in the sign Capricorn (corporations) within a degree.

The fact that this was no ordinary oil spill became clear right away as the disaster moved through several quick meaning changes in the public mind: from that of an accident brought on by the failure of a mechanical device, to that of an example of how government fails to regulate oil companies, to that of an entire system where corporate interests are allowed to commit travesties against Nature.

The rig explosion coincided with the entry of Chiron (wounding) into Pisces (oceans) that very day. Horrified TV viewers saw aerial photographs of the blue sea turning into a conflagration of toxic crude. According to a report cited by Al Gore, the sheer size of the befoulment amounts to an Exxon Valdez every four days. The mind reels. The heart recoils.

The negligence leading up to the accident appears to be so gross that one might expect the company in charge to be out of business in a New York minute … if that company were any other than Halliburton. But that’s whose careless work cementing the oil well is being blamed — by BP America (talk about the pot calling the kettle black) — for the disaster.

The rogues’ gallery on display during this latest phase of the Saturn-square-Pluto period include Big Oil and Dick Cheney’s Halliburton, who stand accused of environmental desecration; and, at the hearings in Washington, the Goldman Sachs boys, who stand accused of gaming the financial crisis for personal gain like weekend gamblers on a tear. Like all archetypal figures, these characters are a reflection of the group mind. They mirror back to us the toxic greed of the capitalist world.

At first the media tried to make hay out of the Deepwater Horizon catastrophe. The infotainment industry is, like our Wall Street gamblers, amoral. Their job is to focus on what viewers enjoy, and box office numbers tell them that the public enjoys fireballs. So the first response of the news programs was to milk the calamity for its sensationalist appeal. But the media bites its tongue when the dirty secrets percolate to the top. Such as the evidence unearthed by astrologer Eric Francis showing that the spill occurred in a marine dump area (Pluto governs dumps and garbage): a body of water whose secreted depths hid unexploded bombs and torpedoes.

deep-water

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Why are they black and white? The gov't has satellites that can see through key holes, and yet we can't get color?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Also, the spill happened on 4/20? Eh? Eh? Perhaps the crew of the Deepwater Horizon was higher than the ISS when it blew up.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Since the coast guard is trying to arrest and detain reporters on the coast, I doubt they would let thousands of civilians in to assit, with cell phone cameras and handi cams galore.

Ummm- dont they think that once the full scope WILL be realized (and it will be), people will have finally had enough? Reveal it, and deal with it.

*coughs* Obama and 'transparent govt'. Uh huh. He's trying to make it transparent so no one will see what it's doing.

Where are superheroes when one REALLY needs them....

[edit on 25-5-2010 by wylekat]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
S&F. I put the link to those pictures up on my facebook. Now I'm sending it to all the contacts in my address book. People need to wake up!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join