It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New satellite views of spill, sorry Florida, LA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
These are the latest views from CSTARS Miami University.

Sorry to those near Bay City, FL:

And to those poor souls in Louisiana, where I lived and luckily fished in my childhood (1960's). It looks like it's coming ashore to the bayous:

Meanwhile, the "live-cam" feed is again obscuring the real nature of the spill by perching behind some machinery where outside engineers cannot get a real count on the spillage (screeen shot taken at 05/24/10 17:08):

Sorry folks, while the 1 mile deep oil volcano is still erupting, we're gonna keep gettin' what we've been gettin'. I'm not doing this for stars and flags (don't bother), just so people who are ignorant will know. Pass it on. Get th gubment movin, this is the only Gulf we got. What else can I say? Do people still take their kids to the beach anymore???

[edit on 24-5-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Well atleast our sattelites (Canada) are doing well still...

This is horrible and yes the ignorant will still cry and scream that it's not that bad, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

I don't think people will be taking vacations in the Southern/Gulf region after this summer.

There won't be much of a point...

~Keeper

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Its too bad we cant organize some community spirit and promote beach vacations in the area, with the intent of helping with some cleanup, and supporting the regions economy. Eco-tourism, in a sense.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Its too bad we cant organize some community spirit and promote beach vacations in the area, with the intent of helping with some cleanup, and supporting the regions economy. Eco-tourism, in a sense.

That would be nice, although I doubt it will happen. Since the coast guard is trying to arrest and detain reporters on the coast, I doubt they would let thousands of civilians in to assit, with cell phone cameras and handi cams galore.

It's unfortunate, but BP is going to do everything possible to keep this from getting out of their hands. After all they are already making money off the dispersants and now they are trying to recoup oil loses by syphoning.

They know it's not gonna work, either of the thigns they are doing right now are just compounding the problem.

~Keeper

+3 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'll say it again, and I'll try not to yell.

The only thing that needs to be focused on, is STOPPING THE LEAK.

All cleanup efforts are futile until that happens.

We need to all call any and all representatives on the federal, state and local levels and tell them "NO MORE BS. STOP THE LEAK".

We need to tell all of our semi-sentient friends to do the same thing. If you are like me, there aren't that many. But contact the one's that are somewhat awake ANYWAY!

The only reason I post this way, is because I LOVE MY GULF OF MEXICO.

I've grown up around it, I've been a birdwatcher, a fisherman, a crabber, a simple young man watching the beach.

Don't any of you simple f---s try to minimize this disaster.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Holy $&!T, that is just awful!
And the Obamanation is doing Nothing, Absolutely Nothing!
He should have called out the Coast Guard, and the Navy right after it happened.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Slow kill mega ritual. Death by dispersants.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I can't believe this is still happening, I think a lot of people are twidilling their fingers on this one, and all I can say is WHAT THE HELL? Doesn't someone who is in a powerful enough position to do something care? I dont watch a lot of t.v., so maby I'm wrong, but why aren't celebrities speaking out about this? Usually they are all concerned about one issue or another but I havn't heard a peep about this and ATS is the only place I can get some legit info about the whole situation.

Where the heck is everybody on this?

I'm twenty six years old and I am extreamly worried about the earth my grandchildren are going to inherit.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hatcookie

yea it's uhhh quite the bummer, knowing this hole dug by BP (bottomless Pit) is and has been constantly pouring this material into the water. I don't think this would happen too often naturally. Nothing can remain imbalanced for long, but the mind boggles at just what might happen when this whole mess is "evened" out.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why does it seem like there has been a total news blackout on this today? It seems like something dramatic must have happen.

Has anyone heard anything new at all today?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This in my opinion, has gone way too far to be 100% reversed. They'll just delay the inevitable, irreversible damage growing in volume w/out aggressively attacking it. What about the hay idea? Too easy? I know it doesn't mean anything without confronting the cause, but man, this is ridiculous. I know this is far too complex for me to grasp, think of a solution, but this is just ludicrous. In the end, like I seen someone else mention either by starting a thread, or in one, that BP will just claim bankruptcy, in essence washing their hands of the problem.

What the hell happened to social responsibility for corps? Money is the catalyst for deception, and someone at the top needs to address this. IMHO, of course.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Im going to say something knowone has said, or knows about. 1st of all why have they not put in some kind of valve to shut it off in case of things like this. 2nd of all, did you know that none of the rigs have a shut off valve. So, this will happen again somewhere else. All this will cause so much havoc in the ocean. plant life dying,fish dying,animals dying,birds dying. The beaches will become a sesspool of DEATH AND DISEASE.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
Im going to say something knowone has said, or knows about. 1st of all why have they not put in some kind of valve to shut it off in case of things like this. 2nd of all, did you know that none of the rigs have a shut off valve. So, this will happen again somewhere else. All this will cause so much havoc in the ocean. plant life dying,fish dying,animals dying,birds dying. The beaches will become a sesspool of DEATH AND DISEASE.

Actualy there are blowout valves or whatever they are called that are suppose to cap a leak immediatly if anything happens.

The one in the Deep Water Horizon Rig malfunctioned and all attempts to get it to work have failed.

~Keeper

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It seems as though the Age of Pisces is OVER, fishermen, and the age of Aquarius is just about to begin.

We (well, our children anyway) can look forward to 2150 years of Revitalizing, Reconstituting, Rejuvenating and Repairing the World's Water.

Good for our descendants, but ironic as hell for us.

EDIT: Perhaps by the end of the Age of Aquarius, we'll be wise enough to enter the age of Capricorn.

Anyone know how many gallons of water that one quart (1 quarter gallon) of oil renders toxic? I've heard 250,000 gallons.

How many million quarts is this spill at now?

EDIT: Addition, Clarification

[edit on 24-5-2010 by lagnar]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This is horrible.
I wonder what hurricanes will do to the spill.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Are they gonna let the oceans be filled with the s**t? At this rate, next Christmas is gonna be the last for so many people on earth...
They must be thinking " We spent ALL that time and money on HIV and H1N1! The answer was there all along! " Then their bunkers will close. Nuke.

Sorry for the tone, but this is so... dégueulasse... I can't think of a stronger word in English... You'll rarely see this from me, but...

really really

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Truly speechless.
Good bye oysters, good bye fish, good bye beaches, good bye dolphin skipping in the sea, good bye dipping toes in waves, good bye jobs....

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm sorry to disagree with you friend, but I am flagging and Starring this thread because this needs to be the attention of everyone on this board.

We are right now in the middle of the worst ecological disaster I have ever heard of if not in history. This is not conspiracy, this is happening right now and will continue to affect our ecology long after it is capped off. Regardless of how it started or what's being done about it, this kind of information needs to be at the forefront of our attention and at the consideration of every person who isn't over 35.

Of course this applies to all people, but specifically the younger generation must learn from the "elders" mistakes and prevent things like this from happening. I doubt that parents will be able to take their kids to the beach anytime soon in more places than just the gulf if this thing catches the main current. This spill could wind up on the beach front properties of some very unsuspecting people.

One minute fishing with your dad, the next, trying not to light a campfire too close to the water.

Star and Flag for you sir, simply on providing up to date information on a current event that CAN BE PROVEN.

King

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, Obama certainly gave the American people what he campaigned for...
CHANGE.
He changed the whole Gulf of Mexico and it's ecosystem.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is quite possibly the worst natural disaster in American history. We're going to lose the Gulf of Mexico's ecosystem because of this and so many ways of life are going to be destroyed.

This brings me to tears.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join