It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New satellite views of spill, sorry Florida, LA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
Well, Obama certainly gave the American people what he campaigned for...
CHANGE.
He changed the whole Gulf of Mexico and it's ecosystem.

How can you make a claim like that? Your "false outrage" is just as phony as any other attempt at placing blame anywhere other than the people who run the rig.

I am certain that if you were down there helping you might have an outlet for this obvious lack of forward thinking and extra time to actually do something uselful.

But that is just my opinion, or is Obama the reason you're not there helping clean up either? Instead of blaming someone, try helping FIX THE PROBLEM first, THEN you can start pointing fingers.

King

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
if there is a god.....he will strike down all the asses that are letting this happen. on the brightside perhaps this will lead to the END of Oil dependance but at what cause? how many species will be extinct? how many fisherman will completely lose their lively hoods?. greed is the downfall of society

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
This is quite possibly the worst natural disaster in American history. We're going to lose the Gulf of Mexico's ecosystem because of this and so many ways of life are going to be destroyed.

This brings me to tears.

Actually this is quite possibly the worst disaster in WORLD HISTORY. This has far ranging implications not only on the ecosystem of the Gulf but think about all of the people that will be affected by this
Imagine if we have another Katrina? I can't fathom what it would be like...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scope or No Scope

Originally posted by The Theorist
This is quite possibly the worst natural disaster in American history. We're going to lose the Gulf of Mexico's ecosystem because of this and so many ways of life are going to be destroyed.

This brings me to tears.

Actually this is quite possibly the worst disaster in WORLD HISTORY. This has far ranging implications not only on the ecosystem of the Gulf but think about all of the people that will be affected by this
Imagine if we have another Katrina? I can't fathom what it would be like...

kid, are you kidding or trolling? This spill doesn't even rank in the top 20 of worst spills yet let alone in the top 100 of world disasters

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
Well, Obama certainly gave the American people what he campaigned for...
CHANGE.
He changed the whole Gulf of Mexico and it's ecosystem.

So easy to point fingers and complain. What are you doing to help with the cleanup?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

A star for you King. How ignorant do people have to be trying to politicize this horrible disaster? The fault lies more with their god, Dick Cheney and BP. Oh I forgot CHeney and Bush weren't conservatives or republicans...RIGHT! Keep telling yourself that in November when you convince yourself to being back the same bunch.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
My heart goes out to all the marine life, birds, insects and flora that are getting punished/killed due to the greed of mankind.

We, humans, had it coming to us. Not that we Sheeple had a choice either (being forced to be a part of society and depending on them like we do) but, the makings of ruining this planets and the spirit of modern Human Beings started over a 100 years ago!

They've destroyed the land, poisoned our skies and now...tainted the oceans. Not much left but, say goodbye to what once was a lovely thriving planet. We deserve this not.....the other living creatures though! Feel sorry for them, not us!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

come on... stop calling this thing a spill

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I wonder how many more days will pass with this thing gushing when our government starts using the word 'nuke'.

That'd be a total nitemare situation. Poison part of the Gulf with oil, then finish it off with a nuke.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
A star for you King. How ignorant do people have to be trying to politicize this horrible disaster? The fault lies more with their god, Dick Cheney and BP. Oh I forgot CHeney and Bush weren't conservatives or republicans...RIGHT! Keep telling yourself that in November when you convince yourself to being back the same bunch.

Didn't take you long to politicize it, either.

The truth is that we've been engaged in offshore drilling long before the Obama or the Bush administrations were in office. I'm no fan of Obama, but I don't blame him for this. The government does have some degree of fault for pushing the oil companies into deep waters over the last couple of decades where they can't easily repair something like this, but at the end of the day, it was BP's well and their responsibility.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by vor78]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Obviously the gusher at 5000 ft. needs to be stopped pronto. In the mean time all of those FEMA trailers sitting idly in Florida or wherever they are now need to be utilized. How you ask? By putting together a workforce of the unemployed and start cleaning up utilizing the trailers as housing. Or how about all of the B&B's or hotels that are empty. President Obamas civilian workforce needs to be activated. Save your receipts folks and submit the bill to BP. Also, these shrimp fisherman need to switch from trawling gear to cleanup gear. Lets put all of those boats to work. Get 50 or so Seine skiffs and start towing absorbant booms. It has to be cleaned up sometime, why wait to plug the gusher? During the Valdez spill, Alaskan fisherman put their fishing gear away and went into clean up mode. This imo has to happen here as well.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
well is up to over 60 million buy now 30 days in at 8 months it will have spewed more then any other oil spill ever so just be patient there working at making it the top worst ever . and to speed the prosess of making it the worst they are dumping 100 of thousands of toxic chemicals to add in to this .
so what the oil dont kill what the Methane dont kill the toxic chemicals wil.
at thsi point add in all there blunders I would rate this at 5 next week 4 next month 3 2 months from now2 at five months in 1 just in time to watch the last fish float to the surface.
meen wile you will keep saying how much worse it could be well unless your asleep it is getting wore by the day this is a event in progress

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

link   

link   

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I am a veterinarian I work for the government... I am what is called relief so while I am a full time employee I replace other vets. I have been sitting on my ass for 2 weeks! I would do almost anything to drive there in my government car and help! But here I sit... The lack of response is disgusting!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings

We need to all call any and all representatives on the federal, state and local levels and tell them "NO MORE BS. STOP THE LEAK".

Don't you mean NO MORE BP?

Yeah I agree... anyone minimizing the spill is whats hindering progress in this world. But you cant really blame them 1sawsomething... the Government has tried to make it to where the people dont get involved in government as much as they used to... but I didnt realize that people would also just give up on their planet.

If our planet were a human... this spill would be the appendix being punctured inside of the body and leaking ... but instead of days passing it would minutes... and we do not have that many left before death is imminent. HOPEFULLY they were wrong about how much oil is in that hole in the earth.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Why does it seem like there has been a total news blackout on this today? It seems like something dramatic must have happen.

Has anyone heard anything new at all today?

I've said it before about this event, and I'll say it again:

There is NOT a media blackout!

If you look on Google News, the top story is about the spill and it has over 11,000 related articles!

And yesterday the big 3 cable news networks carried Jindal's press conference in its entirety.

Are they telling us the truth about the magnitude of the spill?

Probably not, but media blackout?...come on people, the spill is all over the news.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

I think everyone wants to help, they just dont know how... and they dont want to throw money at it, they want to physically do something. We need a leader, the type of leader obama pretended he was.

One will step forward... but will it be too late??

and why the heck are yall arguging amongst yourselves... i highly doubt either of yall are physically active in stopping this oil leak (more like gaping wound). I know I'm not but I wish I could. I've got 2 weeks left of my associates before graduating. At that point Id be willing to dedicate much of my time as long as I got some food and shelter for a bit. (and Id be willing to do it now, because all the class is is "ethics" where they ask us what we would do, and I think the class is a waste of time if you asked me, I was questioning authority figure abuse at age 6
)

Question One...

If there is a gaping wound in the earth and its toxins are killing life on the planet, what would you do about it?

Questions two...

If you had one chance in this lifetime to make a real difference "ON THE WORLD" instead of "In The World"... If it was RIGHT in front of your FACE would you realize it?

Question three...

Would you lie about the things you would do, or would you actualy do them?

If everyone were to answer those questions I bet they would feel really ashamed

[edit on 25-5-2010 by rjmelter]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Right now on 9,, ,ewsroom there is rep. Joseph Cao(R) Louisiana speaking out that the government needs to take over the spill from BP. And it's truly sick. The host is tearing this man apart saying what government is supposed to do about it, what agency should be responsible, and what does he expect the govt to do that BP couldn't. This is really infuriating me how everyone on the news seems to be taking up for BP when it's pretty clear BP is just screwin around to capture the oil instead of stoppin. This makes me sick. Think this huge ecological disaster will be enough to release the US oil reserves or to cap the worlds largest oil reserve near the rockys? Doubt it
:
::
:

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join