It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What the hell just happened? The leak just GREW significantly. Wow. What the hell ... Are you guys seeing this to?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Top-kill looks to be underway - was just a massive burst of stuff... still going on now- watching the BP ROV cam.

I hope they didn't blow it wide open - doesn't look good unless this is just a burst of stuff that they are pumping in to clog the line.

-Greyling

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!?!?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Join me in the chatroom I created here at ATS for the oil feed discussion! I'm in there now looking for more people! Its a user created chatroom! See you there!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Did the ocean floor just collapse?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The latest from gcaptain is this from Alvis:

"Flow from the Macondo well is not travelling up the main well bore, a BP executive said today.

The news came as relatives of the 11 men killed in the explosion on the Transocean semi-submersible drilling rig Deepwater Horizon last month prepare to hold a private memorial service in Jackson, Mississippi today.

BP operations boss Doug Suttles said that BP believes “the most likely” flow path is between two casing strings.

Suttles said BP could not be certain but diagnostic tests on the well seem to indicate the flow is not coming up the main bore.

The well also contains obstructions that are restricting the flow rate.

It is impossible to know for certain what those obstructions are, Suttles said, but cured cement and rocks from the formations that crews drilled through could be partially clogging the well.

BP has been able to measure the pressure on the lower portion of the well’s blowout preventer (BOP) and found that it was “considerably lower” than would be expected if the flow was rushing unimpeded to the surface, he said.

Suttles said the obstructions in the well itself are the “most significant” restrictions to the flow rate, but that BP also believed that “some” rams on the BOP have closed but they are obviously not shutting off the flow.

The obstructions in the BOP and the well itself will not prevent BP from being able to try to bring the well under control with a top kill later this week, Suttles said.
Also,

"BP operations boss Doug Suttles said that BP believes “the most likely” flow path is between two casing strings.""

gcaptain.com...

If anyone reading this site is a member there, there are some attachments that can only be read by forum members posted by Alf (who posted the links to the hearings). Company man 1 asked Alf for his time line and I am assuming that is what these attachments are. He refers to them as an "XL spreadsheet".
(I am about to join anyway. The least I can do is thank them for sharing their thoughts, opinions & expertise and express condolences for the families of those who lost loved ones)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hey I can't see anything, what is going on? I read today that they were going to do several tests today to see how well the tube could hold up if they did a 'top kill', I think they have run into a problem. Oh goodness no.......

It is exploding at this very moment......

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Damn something major just happened. Flow increased exponentially a little bit ago.

Top Kill isnt scheduled until tomorrow morning.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hi all, This is my first post on ats after being a lurker for years, i was hoping it would be something more profound than what i am about to say but never mind, I will have my time, I just wanted to point out 2 things really regarding this.

#1 BP has not been a british company for years
#2 Just reiterating the point that oil deposits don;t just leave big old holes underground when you take them out.

Sorry this wasn;t profound or containing a great photo of some cryptid but... we have many many years to go(that was a really subtle dig at 2012)

Kris

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Is anyone watching the feed right now?

Something major happened and is happening right now.

Does anyone have the last 15 minutes captured?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by sn00daard]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
they are moving the camera around, they changed the angle. What the hell is going on?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You know they monitor their cameras, i wish they would have a little chat box up too where they could tell us in real time what's happening as we see it. This is crazy! I wonder if part of the floor caved in?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
this is the first day i ever watched the cam, i never even knew of it!

it lookes quite tame, i went on to another site (tabbed browsing rocks!)

and when i got back it was total black, everything calmed down to what , or near what it was like again for a small amount of time them boom, it went again, they have moved the cam out of the direct look of the plume too now ..

the mind boggles! .. is this normal ?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think part of the seabed just collapsed. There was a huge dust debris field and then massive amounts of oil and dirt, and now i can't see jack.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
I think part of the seabed just collapsed. There was a huge dust debris field and then massive amounts of oil and dirt, and now i can't see jack.

Yep, watching it here with my husband. We saw the whole thing as it happened. He freaked cause i was just showing him the calm quiet waters with the oil spewing out, and then suddenly, THIS!!! We think the floor caved in. Can't see anything but debris now.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Can anyone post a link to the exact number of leaks that are currently active? I have done several searches and can't seem to find anything official.

My current info is that there are 2 leaks. One at the well head/BOP and the second at the end of the broken riser. Does that sound correct. I believe the live stream has been at the end of the riser and not the BOP. I can't find info on which of the 2 leaks is releasing more of the oil???

Any help is much appreciated!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Now the camera is pointing at a light?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
wtw, did i just see a massive fish swim past , or was that one of thise ROV things?

looked like a stringray, or a sort of ray

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Think those dark clumps are hydrates?

That would not be good.

clearing now or did they move it?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Looks like the leak is bigger now!

come to the ATS chatroom people let's talk in real time!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join