It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yea, you can get the live feed from CNN now and 11 other sites online.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's really odd, how this spill is landing. I guess currents? I live on the Gulf coast, and go to the beach nearly every day, between Gulfport and Biloxi, and nothing really, on the beaches. My husband was in Louisiana the other day on his cousins porch, on Lake Pontchartrain, and the could smell the oil there, so it is getting inland, via wetlands and channels.

The oil is swirling around, and hitting Florida, well before some of the other areas located right across from the spill. I don't think it will be long before it gets to hitting everywhere.

This is, really bad, folks.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

The pressure at that depth is tremendous. That is why it looks like it does. I don't know the exact pressure per square inch but i would imagine it would flatten a sub. in an instant.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Comparing this to any spil or leak is ignorant and irresponsible.. this is NOT going to be stopped.. they say this is the largest pocket of oil found to date. This might be the end of this planet.. So many senarios... Lightning strike or spark ignityes this and its all over with.. The oceans turning darker..= warmer water/air ...WOW hurricane season is going to be like nothing we have ever seen before. Anyone that says this is no big deal is a fool. This is going to get worse and worse ... Right now BP is providing hope with arrogant expectations.... There is no fix.. This is going to go on and on and on.. this is in the currents now..We dont need to worry about nukes..BP just wiped us all out.. Give it time..everyone will see. Bp's is now killing its video feed.. why?? Because they have no fix..and out of site out of mind.. Bp knows as well as anyone else..this can not be stopped. On top of the actual release of all the oil.... What about the Texas size Pocket that the oil will leave when it is all gone.. The oil is spewing out at 70psi for a reason.. That pocket will collapse soon enough and game on...This the end... my only friend the end.. Buckle up ..this ride is going to get f'ed up!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Need to go back & find it (Wikinews, maybe?) but read earlier today that this is the second largest field in the world/ ever/ whatever; extending inland. Larger than anything Saudi Arabia has.

Let that sink in for a minute. Not only is BP allowed to FUBAR the Gulf of Mexico, why are they- a foreign, a British company, of all people, getting the profits? This is starting to smell really, really bad to me. The EPA has no power over them, the US Coast Guard steps in and says the US government "can't" throw them out...WTF is going on here?

ETA The source for "second largest deposit in the world" is from The Examiner, but it appears to be dubious because Canada's oil/ tar sands are also claimed to be.

www.examiner.com... world

[edit on 25-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
CNN just said that BP has announced that they WILL NOT be showing TOP KILL live, they are going to turn off the streaming camera..

cowards.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

International waters are, hmm, about 25 miles off the coast? This oil platform was about 50 miles off shore.

Really, it is in the hands of whomever owns the company that produced the spill.

edit to add:

My brother in law has to have a passport to work on oil rigs off the coast of Louisiana. Most of them are in international waters.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Brianman posted these on the closed thread.....

www.cnn.com...

www.bp.com...

He posted that these two different sources are listed as being the same camera, and the same times, but with different footage!

ETA: I just checked them out, and they do seem to be different.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

The reson for that is the back pressure from the depth of the sea floor.. I had the same question early on. It was explained to me like this. If this were to be on the surface of the ocean with no pressure.. It would cut you in half!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Pressure increases by 1atm(~14.7lbs) for every 10m(~33ft) you go down.

5000 / 33 = 151.51....* 14.7 = 2227.27...psi at the ocean floor (approx)

It's ALOT of pressure to be sure

reply to post by Blanca Rose

It would depend on where in the gulf, the US can legally claim up to 200 miles as an Economic Exclusivity Zone under international maritime law.

You can bet that will be one of the first legal challenges when the blame starts to be assessed...who is actually responsible for this region?

(I tried 3 times to post exerts, twice they didn't take, the third time my computer restarted...)

Here's the source

[edit on 25-5-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure that leads to a question, but I'm presently SO ticked off, my mind is blank.

Heh, Berkeleygal. Imaaagine that! B#st#rds.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So man turns out to be his own Nemisis.
When the oceans are black with crude. The mist will no longer rise to become cumulous. What then? All we can do is watch the death happening
there now. Watch it as it grows, creeping towards every living thing on the
planet.

Bafoons.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have a growing concern that this oil field will be exposed by further and ongoing cracking apart of the sea floor... with the added tragedy of parts of Louisiana, Mississppi, Alabama and the panhandle of Florida being sucked under... I will take that nightmarish thought and pray for supernatural intervention.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hmm, here and there I read about nuking it, isn't that insane? And think about the presure underground... This sure sounds like the book of Revelations, tough we said that many times before. Even if it doesn't burst (which it will, surely if BP fills it with concrete or so) it has a huge effect on the climate.

Off course they wan't to cover this up, they don't want the people to act crazy...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by WeZet]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The cnn live feed is 49 seconds behind the bp live feed.

I don't have anything to do today so I'm going to keep it running in the corner of my screen to monitor for any changes.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Brianman posted these on the closed thread.....

www.cnn.com...

www.bp.com...

He posted that these two different sources are listed as being the same camera, and the same times, but with different footage!

ETA: I just checked them out, and they do seem to be different.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by butcherguy]

Remember that video is buffered.. so they will not be in sync. They are the same feed. But I did notice they are now showing the small leak and not the main leak.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Peruse this one - what if the they hit the New Madrid fault? I'm not saying they did, but what if they did?

i3.photobucket.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I was watching the live cam around 1pm today and another 'blowup" of oil happened.
Large amount of oil formed a "cloud" that came from the left of the cam.
As you can see in this capture I made it blocked the view of the original
leak that is in the center of the capture.

img.photobucket.com...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by JTK69]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Why did they close the other thread.. it is in a different forum. Anyway just in case you haven't seen in the other forum.. CNN is going to kill the live feed during the top kill.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
My heart goes out to everyone affected by this disaster. With that said it's time for the government/states to put some people to work by starting to clean up this mess. The gulf shore can't wait for BP to stop the leak, they have to start now. By some accounts they are, but I'm talking about a massive hiring of workers on a massive scale. House them in existing FEMA trailers or vacant B&B's or hotels in the area. Not to mention the shrimpers who could change over their boats from commercial trawling to oil clean-up. If they plan on having a shrimping industry in the next twenty years they better be pro-active and start cleaning it up themselves. Save the reciepts, and bill BP.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join