It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why oil spills are no big deal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

Actually, it should (for the most part) in less than a few years:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They're going to attack you as a Big Oil shill since you don't follow their emotions 100%...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous. To suggest a volume of oil large enough that it can easily be seen from space being dumped into the Gulf will have no adverse effects and may be beneficial is absurd.

The only reason people may even buy such a idea is that BP has been using enough dispersal agents to reduce the coastal impact up to now. What is out of sight is out of mind. Though this may change as more of the oil hits beaches and marshes. As of now 65 miles of coastline have been affected. A figure that will most likely increase.

Source for amount of coastline affected (Nola)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

To suggest a volume of oil large enough that it can easily be seen from space being dumped into the Gulf will have no adverse effects and may be beneficial is absurd.

Just to imply that becuase the oil spill can be seen from space means that there will be adverse affects is absurd. Pictures of the oil spill from space are scare tactics. The great wall of China can be seen from space and it's only 5 to 6 meters wide.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a087eeef3989.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I dont normally do this...

...but your sentiments are skewed Sir.

There is NO positive spin to this.....the impact is devestating to ecology and mankind...

Your motives are clear....and rather smelling of fish methinks.....

You failed in your mission.....go away with your head held down in shame.....sorry.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Methinks he is just a troll, personally. He doesnt even seem vested in making a good case for his own argument. It seems to me all he is interested in doing is poking anyone who might be annoyed by his position. Just sayin.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

To suggest a volume of oil large enough that it can easily be seen from space being dumped into the Gulf will have no adverse effects and may be beneficial is absurd.

Just curious how do you plan on saving the planet from itself?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Kaploink

Methinks he is just a troll, personally. He doesnt even seem vested in making a good case for his own argument. It seems to me all he is interested in doing is poking anyone who might be annoyed by his position. Just sayin.

Definitely.

Just stop 'talking' OP.
it would easier to understand than your meaningless drivel.

[should wipe that off your chin btw]

Go back under your bridge.
There is troll spray on one of the ATS shelves here somewhere..

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I agree, I think the Gulf states are more worried about tourism money more than they are pelicans. How many times has anyone saw Louisiana's Governor doing promo's concerning wildlife before this happened? What he's really wanting is for BP to pick up the tab to build him new barrier islands.

Florida's single concern is those sandy white beaches that drag in big bucks. Has anyone noticed that recently foreign business's that cause problem's in America automatically get dragged in front of congressional committee's? I.E. Toyota and now BP. However American companies such as the "Tylenol" brand who killed hundreds in the last 10 years get nothing.

It's all about money. I'll give you another one, GM upon accepting the bailout and then still going bankrupt automatically ended all law suits against it's self.

Now don't get me wrong, someone needs to stop this Gulf Leak. and they need to do it fast. What get's me and people have forgotten this When Exxon Valdez ran ashore then President Bush put the government on top of it then forced Exxon to reimburse. What the hell is Mr. Obama doing? Nothing other than forming another committee. We need a president than can do more than apologize.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Loken68]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Man OP sounds like you typed up something that sounded good in your head then you are trying to rationalise it, but you end up just digging a hole deeper and deeper for yourself. It's alright we've all done it before!

Brain farts huh

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You know what they say about trolls, don't feed them.

This guy is attention seeking at best.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Please observe the exploration of Barkley Canyon. The area is teeming with sealife and gas hydrate emissions.

Hydrates store immense amounts of methane, with major implications for energy resources and climate, but the natural controls on hydrates and their impacts on the environment are very poorly understood ...

marine.usgs.gov...

Novel observations on the massive Barkley Canyon hydrates

This resulted in identification of gases including methane, ethane, propane, and isobutane ...

adsabs.harvard.edu...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f546f93273c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

This is millions of litres of crude oil, not methane gas.

2nd

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think OP just identifies with the gulf leak on a personal level; they are both just spewing out garbage.

"it may even be beneficial" oh really? Well, I finally get to try out the ignore feature. This ignorance needs to be denied.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
[*SNIP*]

Well it's not just crude oil being expelled.

There are tons methane gases being emitted as well.

The ocean is a pretty big volume of water.

It will probably disperse once it hits the atlantic current.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/23/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I really can;t believe you are still going.

Please Observe,
www.failpix.net...
Failure.

Just stop diggin.
It gets stinkier the deeper you try to go.
Even you know this is an epic fail on your part. [Dont lie, you know you know it!]
So just admit defeat and stfu already. lol
You are really just getting annoying now, and making less sense than when you started
[if that's possible].
Yep, seems to be.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
OP..
maybe you did not get the memo..
but
the motto here is
"deny ignorance"
not
"embrace ignorance".

You Fail.
and your "logic" sucks.

I see you like taking the cliche route when slandering an opinion.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

A few creatures have evolved to survive around methane vents, but it is a lie to suggest that means vast amounts of methane added to oceans will be good for marine life. Added methane in these quantities exterminates marine life.

You'll find sea life is thriving in the Santa Barbara Channel National Marine Sanctuary.

channelislands.noaa.gov...

And yet thousands of gallons of methane and oil are seeping into the channel each and every day.

And you still haven't commented on the thriving sea life in Barkley Canyon. The area is teeming with sealife and gas hydrate emissions.

I agree the gulf is probably cooked. But it will recover in time. Once the oil and gas start to disperse into the Atlantic current it shouldn't be a big issue anymore.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Given your "bar" is sooo low in relation to marine life and its well-being, I can quite easily understand how you believe this is a "non issue..".....

However...

The rest of the Planet disagrees....vehemently.

"This could be one of the worst environmental disasters in our nation's history." NWF

You still got that "Drill Baby Drill" mantra rattlin' around in your head or something??

Nuff said....

Thanks for joining ATS a couple of days ago.....welcome, even though you are clearly not all there.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join