It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS Journalist threatened with arrest for filming Oil spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wow, even journalist are being threatened now for trying to film all the damage that is being caused by this massive oil leak..

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Around here, the Oil spill has for the past couple of days been relegated to not as newsworthy. Instead the latest news are about Abortion rulings, government position delagations- really; the Oil spill is something that affects all of us and its effect will be felt for many years.

If the media is able to show what is happening and share this information with the genreal public, how are we to see what is happening and who do we then believe? Admittedly some of my opinions are furthered by what is seen on the media but truly I feel that the more we hide the effects of what multi-national corporations, who don't have a triple bottom line, are doing then we are all at risk.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Already posted here.

and two other threads have already been closed for being multi threads..

maybe you want to head over there?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I ask myself this question all this time when there's an alternative for things...Why hemp still illegal? ... oh wait, its much safer and not too profitable but hey thats another thread

Its sad whats happening out in the sea..... and in our world.... I just like how Katie Couric didnt follow up with more questions about it, instead went on to a whole other different related news... but thats from that clip.. Dont know if they were talking about it before this clip started.

Information is being suppressed right under our noses

Who is overlooking BP in this? the USA government?

================================================

posted my reply in the other thread in case this one is closed

[edit on 21-5-2010 by MilzGatez]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

O.K. i searched for this thread title and didn't see it..but still...pisses me off that we can't or won't get good press coverage of this freakin disaster like we should..

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I hope I didn't come off as downing your thread.. that isn't what I was trying to do at all. I was just pointing it out because you get a good amount of flags on one of them and then it just gets closed. I want this story on the front page just like you, but I just pointed it out because I don't want any relevant info posted here to get lost if this thread is closed.

Again, I hope I didn't come off as downing your thread. I wouldn't care if there were 10 of these on this same topic because it's important, and my only wish is that it gets enough recognition as possible.

Peace.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Here is a serious question. Please someone answer this.

We have seen this on you tube and ATS, but I have not heard of this on my local or national news.

Have any of you?

Don't you think this should have been one of the top stories on the CBS news?

Perhaps it aired and I just missed it?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
reply to post by baddmove

I hope I didn't come off as downing your thread.. that isn't what I was trying to do at all. I was just pointing it out because you get a good amount of flags on one of them and then it just gets closed. I want this story on the front page just like you, but I just pointed it out because I don't want any relevant info posted here to get lost if this thread is closed.

Again, I hope I didn't come off as downing your thread. I wouldn't care if there were 10 of these on this same topic because it's important, and my only wish is that it gets enough recognition as possible.

Peace.

No offense taken my friend. sometimes titles get changed ,and i do agree with you on this one, i is just getting ridiculously out of hand lately what is going on behind the scenes with this oil spill..

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I wonder what happened to all the people that said this oil was no big deal, and it would dissipate in the ocean and all that jazz? They said it would be taken care of quickly and have minimal impact on the environment......ugghh. It makes me sick!

top topics

join