It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pedophile Island'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Haha, what a massive waste of taxpayer money.

Why don't they open up Alcatraz while their at it

Pedophiles can't be fixed, healed or cured.. Just put them in a cell and literally throw away the key.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

This is the start of governmental populatin control. Normal people are finding themselves on the list.

What part of REPEAT OFFENDER do you not understand?

And in my opinion it shouldn't even be repeat offenders.
You're caught and convicted ONCE of raping a child - that's it. No second chances. Because the second chance will mean another child will be brutalized.

But - in light of bleeding hearts freaking out and thinking 'OH MY GAWD poor wittle 17 year Johnny who smooched his 14 year old girlfriend is going to da ISLAND'

Get a grip. It doesn't' work that way.

We're talking REPEAT OFFENDERS.

peace

[edit on 20-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Haha, what a massive waste of taxpayer money.

Why don't they open up Alcatraz while their at it

Pedophiles can't be fixed, healed or cured.. Just put them in a cell and literally throw away the key.

Agreed.

But as Hughes pointed out, this will actually save tax money.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It all depends. The way the registry is set up now, no. Anything from breastfeeding to public urination will get you on the registry. If though, its for predators. I'd vote yes.

There needs to be some law reform on some of these laws. John Walsh is drunk with power.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If I had my way I would just have all pedos eliminated. Those schmucks have very evil minds and we cannot have them in normal society.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

If though, its for predators. I'd vote yes.

The 'Island (McNeil) and the new Island proposed off the coast of California is for repeat offenders who have been classified as 'sexually violent predators'.

Only sex offenders whom the court finds to meet the legal definition of a sexually violent predator may be civilly committed to the Special Commitment Center.

RCW 71.09.020(16) defines "sexually violent predator" as “any person who has been convicted of or charged with a crime of sexual violence and who suffers from a mental abnormality or personality disorder which makes the person likely to engage in predatory acts of sexual violence if not confined in a secure facility.”

McNeil Island link

peace

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
BRB to edit - sorry.

Double post but will fill it up in a sec.

Thanks for your patience...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

as long as it is a long way away from other humans

How about here!
More people have been to the Moon, than have been to this Island! Swim away???? escape??? ha ha ha.
The first person that ever set foot here was in 1929. And really, there has only been about 30 people set foot on it IN RECORDED HISTORY! Sounds like the perfect place for them!

Peter I Island is so remote and nearly inaccessible (typically requiring a helicopter) that it has been quipped[by whom?] that more people have set foot on the Moon than on Peter I Island. However, this is highly unlikely, since at least 30 people have been on Peter I Island, most of them being either radio amateurs or Antarctic scientists.

Freeze their balls off....you betcha

Sorce

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Zeptepi]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Skip building the infrastructure and us having to feed them just ship them all there and then let the Navy use it for target practice, they used to anyway!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Is this island just for male pedos?
do we send them there to fend for them selves?
what happens once a few women get sent there and can make children for the whole population to enjoy?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
why not just donate them to science with their own "approval" or work camps like in the good ol days or even better colonization of space.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Why dont they just fire up Alcatraz again? It's just sitting there as is.

Already have the facility and the island, just renovate the joint and slap on a new coat of paint.

Good enough for pedophiles, problem solved. Escape would be next to impossible.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I would support this ... though I do fear that they would have some kind of pedophile holocaust or turn it into a concentration camp, and that would just be cruel imo.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Great idea, spend all that money on the paedophiles and continue to leave their victims to rot ...

Howabout we shoot the paedophiles and spend the money on rehabilitating their victims instead?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Chemical castration? Why waste money on a easy to fix problem. Lob off the nuts. Not only is it a great deterrent, but the gene pool will be better off without such trash. Actually cut it all off down there to prevent any future pleasure. Same for the females also. Cut their package off to prevent pleasure. Easier than putting an island full of people paid for by tax payers.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

Paedophilia is not in the nuts or the clitoris. It's in the brain.

The only way to stop these people being a risk to children is to remove the head.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think everyone is a little reliant towards the title of the island - it doesn't have to sound catchyreply to post by Maddogkull

You think they would be able to get off the island, and I say it does come down to the amount of security - personnel/authority. If we just dropped them off like animals and said - have fun bastards! I'm thinking they would find away off. After long enough stabilization with a leader and community they would probably figure it out. Then return and probably be cured, but we wouldn't know and then we would either shoot them on sight or send them away - damn we sure are forgiving.

I'm not saying Pedo's don't deserve to be locked up. But to just flat out kill them or throw them away as if they aren't human, is beyond absurd.

They are sick. And they are sick of one thing. Not everything.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Dear silo13

In my opinion, No No No, a real bad idea.

Execute them and be done with it. If you do things like you are suggesting at some point in the future some nit wit can come along and overturn that decision.

If you execute them there is no overturning anything.

It may not stop pedophilia but it will stop that one.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Here is my thought.... First, while I have no sympathy for pedophiles, I can't see something like this actually happening, unless they are talking about rounding up pedophiles who have actually committed the act of rape or molestation of a child.

If they did that chances are they are in jail or on the sex offenders list anyway.... But as bad as it may be, simply being attracted to children is not against the law. It is when those pedophiles choose to act on their perverted urges, that they violate the law.

Simply rounding up anyone who is attracted to children would be unconstitutional and would violate many human rights.

Now, another thought I had is the fact that not all pedophiles are men. There are women pedophiles to. So if we took all pedophiles and stuck them on an island and never visited them again, what exactly would keep them from procreating? Nothing, that is what; and if we never go check on them we would have a horrible case on our hands.

That case being a bunch of children being born in an isolated and closed off island filled with nothing but pedophiles.... and you can just imagine what would happen to the poor kid. Heart breaking.

While it may sound great to round up any and all people who harm children, I simply can not see a feasible way of implementing such an idea.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I have thought of this myself.

Since I believe pedophiles are born with their brains wired that way - - acting on it is unacceptable social behavior (clarity: I do not accept acting on a behavior that is harmful to a child - whether it is inherent or not.)

I think this is a reasonable solution to those who have served their sentence OR those who request it prior to acting on a predisposed behavior.

I only argue that it be set up in a way they are self sufficient and not a tax burden.

It should be voluntary.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join