It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash not always welcome at Apple stores

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have never, and will never use a credit card, and have never bought from Apple.
If I go somewhere and they do not accept cash, I tell them to # themselves, and walk away.

Cell phone? I use pre-paid, and enter false info.

Internet? I use my neighbors wireless signal via my laptop and pay him $25 monthly out of good graces.

TV? I watch it online most of the time, as Im not big on tv anyways, though I do have 3 flat screen tv's.

I do this not because I have to, I make $70k yearly after taxes, I do it because I can.

These big corp's can kiss my ass.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by PublicDefenseCorp]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Apple is a "special" company and Steve Jobs is kind of a douche.

At least two next gen iPhones have leaked and pics have been posted on the interwebs. A bunch of suicide attempts by Foxconn employees in China etc. There's lots of crazy stuff surrounding Apple right now. Check out www.gizmodo.com.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by DaMod

What part about "Legal Tender for all debts foreign and domestic" do they not understand?

the purchase of an ipad / iphone / ipod is NOT a debt

which part of this dont you understand ?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZodiacFlyer

Oops, new to this board, bear with me. To Ignorant_ape: When you receive merchandise from a retailer, you in fact DO incur a debt, which can be satisfied by giving currency, or the use of credit. In the latter case, the debt is then owed to the bank which charges a fee (interest) for the use of their money. In the former instance, the debt is satisfied at that time, and you receive a receipt as proof of a debt settled. (If you notice, when you sign a receipt, after using a card, your taking the item from the store is on the condition that you uphold your end of the deal, and pay the balance on the card)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thought.

It looks like we are just working for consumer credits (direct deposit of paycheck) to use for consumption. If cash is eliminated, then we just work for credits to consume, consumer slaves!!

This sounds hellish.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Apple's no cash policy is no more.

Article here

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I always hated Apples.
I always have and always will build my own PCs. and i love fry's electronics stores.

I rarely find the add on cards to do video and other things with macs but every computer place in town has most of the peripheral cards i need for PCs.

plus i am 59 years old and have never needed or wanted a credit card.
why should i pay to use my own money.(credit card fees)

If i need a loan i will get a loan at a lot less then the rates they charge for credit cards.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by ANNED]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by samureyed
It's to prevent people from purchasing multiple ipads and reselling them. If you are forced to use a card they have a record of your purchases.

What's wrong with buying and re-selling? There's no law against that.

And there is no law against a product vendor wishing to have their product sold in a way they deem appropriate...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Cashless world was predicted since the beginning of the 20th century.

It will come true, computers. I don't eve get mails on my mailbox anymore, everything is done online, I don't complain.

Do I have the right to complain, yes I do ..

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Could she have just turned around to the next guy in line who was paying with a credit card and offer the cash if they buy it for her?

Or was their a limit of one per customer?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
thats just stupid . why if i have a wad of cash would i want to pay with card.
i bet it really is to hide hidden extra fees like extended paid warranties crazy taxes activation fees and other crap that won't shop till you get your statement

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Could she have just turned around to the next guy in line who was paying with a credit card and offer the cash if they buy it for her?

Or was their a limit of one per customer?

No people don't communicate any more^^

They don't even have the guts to ask for one dollar for the bus because they forgot their wallet, or because their bus card ran out.

I had to ask a girl if I could pay for her because her bus card got declined and she had no money. I expected her to ask me, it isn't a crime, and most people would love to do good once in a while.

People have become so isolated in their own worlds, it is just absurd.

Sometimes I feel like everyone smokes weed, they are just hiding it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
First off, apple's extended warrenty is not bull, I USE my computer, I put it through its paces on a daily basis and as a result I've had to replace my hard drive/ motherboard twice. If it weren't for that extended warranty I would be paying out my donkey for replacement parts. (particularly since the motherboard in question was only used for my specific model)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Sigh, have the clerk write on a piece of paper that they will not accept US currency as payment and sign it and hand it to you. Say okay and walk out the store with the product. They will naturally call security or do other things to detain you for "shoplifting".

Explain that you were more than willing to pay the price in cash, but the clerk refused. You even had him put it in writing. Inform them that you would be more than happy to sit in court and have the store explain to the judge why US currency is not valid tender provided they are willing to pay all court costs plus $150 per hour for your time for a frivolous case. Ask them once last time in the presence of the security person if they would like to accept cash or stand on their policy?

Congratulations, you will have either just legality obtained your items for free, will be paid for your time wasted in court in addition to free items or proved your point that cash is a legal tender.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Seriously... when did money stop being money?

It stopped when people started to allow this kind of crappolla.

Simply put - Don't buy if 'they' will not accept cash. Period.

(This should also include DO NOT BUY anything where a salesperson 'requires' your Identification) NO!

I also suggest the Boycott of ANY company that will not accept cash.

That includes Apple - new computer be danged.

Remember, the dollar might not seem to be the dollar anymore but it still speaks louder than anything I know.

peace

[edit on 20-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Well darn...no more free iPad for people that followed my plan. But that is a good thing because my way is a hassle and a half. And court is not a pleasant experience.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by TLomon

Seriously... when did money stop being money?

It stopped when people started to allow this kind of treatment.

Simply put - Don't buy if you can't pay cash. Period.

I also suggest the Boycott of ANY company that will not accept cash.

That includes Apple - new computer be danged.

Remember, the dollar might not seem to be the dollar anymore but it still speaks louder than anything I know.

peace

The Pen is mightier than the sword....

Soon you will have to pay in credit and wait 30 days whilst they check you are not a felon or computer hacker before you can pick up your Apple or IBM style weapon just like purchasing hang guns these days.

Once that is accepted for a while then you will have to also have the mark of the beast!

SnF to OP and one to Silo13

edited for spelling not enough coffee to be able to read my own writing lol

[edit on 5/20/2010 by IceHappy]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If people want to spend their money on an over hyped digital picture frame they should be able to, I wouldn't do it personally but each to their own.

I do agree though I think refusing a Country's legal tender should be illegal.

//edit below

After reading the article more thoroughly it's probably as well they didn't sell it to her. She was buying it for a first computer which it certainly isn't. Without a proper computer to sync it with it's most probably useless to her.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Teknikal]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Screw Apple and Steve Jobs!

You dont want my cash? Fine. I'd rather have a laptop than a stupid iPad anyway. Never had an afinity for apple products any way. I've always felt they should come with Birkenstocks and a box of Granola.

iPAD- The stupid answer to the stupid question that was never asked.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I know of a couple of companies here in the UK that won't accept cash. A car dealership, called Carcraft will ONLY sell a car on credit, then they have the cheek to charge 19.8% APR for the privellage!

As far as I know, no campany can be forced to accept cash, as they simply initiate their right of refusal of service if a person insists on a cash purchase.

Most mobile phone companies say they "prefer" a card purchase, because of identification purposes. You can buy a mobile with cash, but you need a hell of a lot of photo ID!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join