It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World that Awaits The Children of ATS Members

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

I see what you mean, and yes..it does make me sad to think what the younger generations of now, will have to face because so many of us havent faced it instead..then again that said, taking a stand against the system and its corruption that bleeds into everything in this world, can come with consequences of death or imprisonment, in which case, then whos going to raise the children to be decent human beings?
Hell in many places, just being an activist these days can get you locked up or have your child(ren) taken away to a state run, government home.. so I do agree with you on some levels, but it isnt always possible to change things, especially when there are so so many pushing against any kind of counter movement.. the minority are certainly getting stronger, but its taken a long time to get to this point i think.

To the poster who mentioned getting rid of and breaking the TV habit, i couldnt agree more.. ok it isnt the worlds evil or even main evil, but it doesnt help..i see how it can effect the minds and mentally of children and adults and it isnt positive by a long shot..we havent had television in our home in years now, and none of us miss it, there are far better things to do with ones time.. yeah there are some good things out there on the box, but it isnt worth the manipulation of advertising and social engineering..

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The one skill that most kids today are NOT getting is CRITICAL THINKING as evidenced by the postings on this site from some on ALL sides of the debates.

Not everything is a conspiracy BUT yes we are lied to on a daily basis. Critical thinking allows one to discern the hyperbole from the often boring truth.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

This sure is a great topic. But to put this in a different perspective, not even a fraction of the 7 billion people who live on this earth actually pay any attention to what goes on at ATS. I think people should be very careful of what type of personal visions they teach their children.
A difference in opinion often brings forth violence in kids/teens.

Personally i think teaching your kids moral values are much more important. With the knowledge of morality, your kids will be able to determine what's right and what's wrong. They would be more suited to question events by their knowledge of moral values.

Your kids will never slip by the educational system, and the environment of other kids, they will be brain washed within the system no mater what. If that wasn't true ATS would be out of business.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think a telling item is that 10 and 12 years ago I was optimistic enough to birth children. If I had to make the same choice today, I'm not sure I would. Since my children are so radically different, I have to teach/treat them differently.

DS is 11 and high functioning autistic. I teach him daily life skills, interaction with people and constantly pester him to be verbal & paying attention. He says I nag
! Sure do, I want him to be able to get by in life. I teach, and encourage hubby to teach, basic tool use, basic repair, gardening and I'm starting him on basic cooking.

DD is 9 and in the gifted program at school. I encourage her to question. (And, boy, careful what you wish for!) She probably understands basic economics better than those idiots on capitol hill. She's learning sewing, gardening, cooking, and whatever she finds a book for and is interested in. I've had some great teacher conferences about her like when she asked her 3rd grade teacher about currency collapse and explained monetary devaluation to the teacher. This year (4th) she took a test on the beginning of our country. She told the teacher that she answered the question "What type of government was set up?" with "democracy" since that was the answer in the book, but informed the teacher that we're actually a constitutional republic.
Thank goodness where we live, the teachers encourage and challenge her!!! My big goal for her this summer is an Appleseed shoot with her dad.

So, I'm teaching them what I can without getting into the doom and gloom of what I'm seeing ahead of us.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Questions

Would you accept your offspring being every day sheeple or do you intend to educate them to a specific level on what really goes on?

Not that they'd listen; they think I'm a coo-coo, and they are in the public school indoctrinization education program...I'm fighting a losing battle.

With that in mind, how do you see our Children fairing in life with our teachings to start them off down lifes path?

Mine are too far gone, christian and sheep of the school system.

What sort of a Life can they expect, and how will it be different from ours?

Boy are they going to be dissillusioned..baaaaaaaaaaaah.

Whats the best piece of advice you can give them in life?

For them, I'd say learn how to bend over and kiss some A cos they ain't getting nowhere in life unless they become more condesending. And become a yes man." Yes sirree I'll polish that new BMW for you so I can get a bigger office." They won't get anywhere in life unless they do this or they'll become a slave like 99 percent of the world.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg
DS is 11 and high functioning autistic.

This is probably the worse part of having a child now. And the most heart breaking. When I had my girls a few years ago I wasn't into the whole truth scene I was working 16 hour days 6 days a week. I was totally asleep.

Both of my children were vaccinated. I thought we were doing the right thing. But now both my children have Autism. My eldest isn't so badly effected and seems to be recovering well. But my youngest, she is three and a half and she still can't talk. Sometimes I go back and look at her baby photos, it was so recently I can even remember the strange things I thought were birth marks and rashes on her face. I remember her crying lots and not being able to settle her down. I thought she was just a fussy kid.

Now I know better though. And knowing that I could have prevented that and that her chance of a free and happy life was literally taken from her seconds after her birth while I was standing right there watching. It kills me inside sometimes.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I teach my children many important things that they will need to become strong within society. SOme of my main influences I put on them are BE A LEADER NOT A FOLLOWER, BE HUMBLE AND NOT IGNORANT TO OTHERS UNLESS THEY DENY YOUR HUMBLNESS AND ENJOY LIFE TO THE FOOLEST. With this installed within them properly I can only pray and hope that the rest of the survival instincts embedded within their genes will shine through in this world and keep them on the right track and safe.

As far as sharing outta box related things with them I do sometimes discuss Jesus and God the Father with them as well as the possibilities of existing Extraterrestial life. I dont pound these things in their minds I just put the option in their minds for them to ponder as they grow and always teach them to LOVE JESUS and respect themselves as if GOD is watching them when I cannot....

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
Ignorance is not bliss.

You cannot determine what is bliss for others friend...sorry you simply can't. Only one person in the world knows ventian and that is ventian. If you don't know things are wrong and life is going ok then why can't ignorance be bliss?

Example...I am terrified of spiders. INSANELY terrified of them. There could be one RIGHT now on my shoe and he simply walks away. I never knew about it...hence ignorance=bliss

If the government is screwing us over and I do not feel it, hear it or see it and life is going ok…bliss

Sorry I really hope this didn’t come off as snappish I truly am not going for that…I am just saying we cannot define the abstracts in someone else’s life

-Kyo

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hey Grant,

Great threads as always.

I'm in the process of raising kids, one out of the house and 3 more at home.

It's difficult to say the least to try and keep them from being in their own bubble.

The world around them revolves around them being distracted and being into the "next big thing".

For me, it's been trying to keep them active in things that are not of the norm these days. Take them on extended vacations in different cultures, teach them music, philosphy and all the things the public sector won't teach them.

I am also a huge fan of allowing children to make their own mistakes and learn to deal with the consequences. Which I think is one of the most important lessons you can teach your kids.

Bubble children as I call them will ruin this world further I am sure.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
so many self unaware contradictory people/statements...........

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My fear is that by the time I have kids and they've grown up, the police state will have grown to point that children report thier parents to the authorities for thought crimes.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow, it sure is interesting to read all your views on this. Thanks so much for contributing to this thread.

Some very wise words indeed. I totally dig what some of you say about teaching your children good moral values, ensuring they appreciate nature, etc.

I think one great thing my parents did for me was take me to awesome places out in nature and teach me about it. It's amazing and humbling to be part of it.

An above poster also mentioned about letting kids make mistakes by themselves so they learn from it. I agree totally. There is guidance from us, but they still have to have their fingers burnt a few times so to speak.

ah, got to go to work now....

Thanks to all, keep em coming.

g

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
The World that Awaits The Children of ATS Members

Hey OP I think you make an excellent point!

Unfortunately, the Greys took all my children into another dimension.
On the bright-side, I hear they are receiving a top notch education and awesome healthcare!

Lets face it, the way things are going in this dimension I doubt I'd be able to provide all that.

- Lee

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
People of ATS are all ages , but people that are on here that was born in the 1980s or later, well lets just say . I think we will see a world government before we turn 90 . Anyone born from 1980-2010. I am sure we will see a total Nwo before we all turn 90 or 100 years old

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Im not going to bring another soul to this soulless mess we call world, not that I have the cash to do so either...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus
so many self unaware contradictory people/statements...........

Care to expound on the apparently amazing knowledge you have and how you came to these conclusions about some of us?

OP...I don't have kids and never will so I am gonna do something a lot more single people ought to do; I am not going to sit and pretend I can tell you parents how to raise them. Instead I will relate to you how I was taught and thus far it has worked for me.

Experiences were the name of the game. Good, bad and indifferent. As much as it sucks it is important for a child (IMO) to experience some hardships from time to time so they can be prepared for a hard life. This is of course hoping that neither the good or the bad goes into too much of the extreme as too much of either side can be bad.

Just my thoughts…again…not a parent

-Kyo

-Kyo

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Its not the governments affect on your children that you have to worry about, its the novel era in which society is based on a vogue where there is a plethora of sex(in children who do it very young), immortality, drugs, low class, crime, lack of passion among people and gangs. That is what you must worry about first not the governments trivial effect.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I find myself unable to talk about topics here to family/friends.

They just dont want to hear it.
There is a frightened world out there, and these are the people who DONT come here.

I have 2 sons of late teenage years, and they read a lot here, but I do explain that they shouldnt take everything as real, or happening, and be carefull what to believe, and teach them to believe in what they want to believe in.

I also have a 1 year old daughter and another baby on the way.
Hopefully by the time they are old enough. the world will be better.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
My son is 14 and he already sees it for himself. He watches the news nearly every night.

He gets afraid sometimes that he will be forced to go to war. He sees a dismal future. We were talking today about him going to trade school instead of college. He is mainly interested in art, guns, and sewing.

I try to teach him what I know but I don't know how to sew. We are muddling through it thanks to videos on youtube. He is not interested in gardening at all. I keep trying.

He says the only war he'd go to willingly would be one like the American Revolution. He says it was an honorable war. He sees US politics as being an effort in futility unless something major changes.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

i can say honestly that this is pretty much how i grew up. with no answers its hard to keep up with questions. expect them to take at least a meditation year before trying to become sheeple.

growing up with atheism and science/philosophy sort of messed me up a lot more than my friends (who only believed in god, one of them egyptian mythology also
) . maybe start off with science and a more enigmatic form of creationism

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join