It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World that Awaits The Children of ATS Members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm 17. And my time here at ATS has been GREAT! But, i learned one, very valuable lesson.

Everything is based upon perspective. One may say 9/11 was not a terrorist attack, and one may say it was, but both are right.

One may say fluoride is hurting us, the other disagrees, but both are right.

Weather or not its intended, or accidental, its all conspiracy material.

Am i going to teach my kids that the government is full of lies and deception? NO!!!! Then, they will grow up with a huge biased, never trusting anything in power, good or bad.

Do yourself a favor, if you really care about your kids, let them do what they think is best for them. Not what you think is best for them.

Give your kids freedom, not the very thing you are teaching them about. Tyranny. Don't be a dictator, be an experience giver.

If you kid wants to join the U.N on the false pretence that its good, let them.

The worst way to learn, is to be told.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well as for me, I don't plan on having children. For one there are too many in this world and two, I wouldn't want them to grow up with a constant state of fear from... well whatever the govt. wants you to be afraid of. If though, I had a woopsy baby, then hell yeah I would let them know what's going on. Not by preaching to them, but by enforcing critical thinking and individual research. Making sure that the not only pay attention is school, but make up their own mind if something sounds either too pretty or watered down. Maybe that is what is needed more than anything else. Smart Freedom.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by UFORacer56]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am 16, and I found it a huge shock at the age of 14 when I found out that a lot of what I was told up to that age was not what it seemed. The world seemed all delusional, every morning on the way to school I would look around the bus looking at the sheeple feeling sorry for them; feeling guilty. This feeling led me to convince around 20 students (from my school) that there is a lot wrong in this world and I told them to be careful across information they are given (especially in History lessons).

If I ever have kids, I would send them to school, but I would ensure that it would be located in a rough neighbourhood so he/she would learn the hardships of life, and from an early age I would teach them not to trust anything unless they have verified themselves. Slowly I would feed them more and more, and then when they reach a mature age, I would allow them to make a decision whether to be a sheeple or one of us.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have a hard time with this on a daily basis. I want my children to be aware and know that things are not always as they seem. I sometimes will tell them " some people believe this, or that, but this is what i think" in hopes that they will find their own answers, or come to their own conclusions. I try to show and tell them different view points. Of course I am bias to some, but that is just that way it is I suppose. I would love to see others ideas on this as well. How do you show your kids everything without too much shelter and exposure? Great post OP!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The united states can not make anyone go to war anymore. The draft is over.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Looking back over my life (I am retired now) knowing forty years ago what I know now, life now would be a whole lot better, tell your children all your experience's, let them decide, knowledge is power.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

My children will be given all the knowledge I poses. What they do with it is their choice.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I've only recently turned 20 years old and i look at myself as one of these people. A person having to wonder what my future will be like because of what has happened and not happened in the past and what is currently happening now. I've realized, as well as others i know that the system our parents and grandparents were sucked into didn't lead them to any type of self-fulfillment or realization of what living life on this earth could be like. They lacked the spiritual idealism of a utopian world because their parents taught them what they knew. What they knew was how to follow this system of propaganda, fear and slavery without bars. Only the imprisonment they face is in their own minds and hearts.

In a sense i have raised myself and have been aware for a while of how odd it is that everyone can be content living this way. I'm surprised many people my age lack the goddamn awareness to realize they're getting sucked into the same downward spiral our parents and grandparents fell for. My parents and grandparents can't comprehend where i'm coming from because so far in my life, my experiences greatly differ from theirs. Even from my immediate family with the children around my age, their lives differ from mine and still they do not see what is wrong. They aren't dumb people by any means but they are sucked into what their parents and their school conditioning taught them. They are trying to "get by" by following the same downward spiral into oblivion their parents did. They don't see the world the same way i have. They see it as the future will only reflect the past and i'm sure many people want it that way to live comfortably.

For me, Regardless of the suffering i've endured and continue to come into, i will not follow this system because i know in my heart that it will inevitably fall and it is inevitable enslavement of my mind and my self worth. That it is heartless and only makes people buy into the material possession of stuff that is unneeded and worthless. You can say it's the only way to provide and to live and feed your families. But that is what they want you to think. You all are strong in your minds and hearts with potential to create the world as you please but you buy into the inside the box method of what others have taught you to be the right way of living.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well, as a 17 year old, I would subtlety (if at all) point my kid in the right direction. I guess I became enlightened to all of this hoo-hah on my own; I don't believe my parents really steered me in any direction. I was raised as a Christian, although I guess that came to it's own terms when I was 15 or so. Today, I respect Christianity, but I do not follow a religion.

But yeah, I think my children would find the truth on their own. Kids today are curious, and I think I'm allowed to say that

[edit on 17-5-2010 by free_form]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

It is easy to be pessimistic about the future and this can create anxiety in you and your children. Someone mentioned "balance" and I agree.
Turn off the T.V. unless you are watching something you have selected to watch. Get your news from the internet, but don't dwell on the incessant bad news. Balance it with some positive websites, like Reality Sandwich for instance.
A young woman contemplating giving birth needs to know what is happening in the larger world, just like she should know her mate really well.
The rose colored glasses may make you feel better in the short run, but lead to a life of misery if you cannot take care of your child.
Generally speaking, the American people have let their children down by allowing the schools to teach crap (in many school districts, not all). If Americans would take back their schools, the future would be brighter because the kids would be.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You guys have the liberty of "choosing" how aware your kids will be of world corruption. That is because in highly developed parts of the world corruption is very subtle and sophisticated and you're not even really aware of it yourself... you're just scratching the surface.

Where I grew up, corruption all around was so extremely evident that no words were needed to 'explain' it, it was obvious how things work even to kids. Of course, those not exposed to it (mostly rural areas) were still very oblivious - nationalists, militants, patriots and alike enjoying the bliss of isolation and ignorance.

My best advise is to just simply educate your kids on most important events in history, they will ask 'why' and 'how' themselves and be the judge. Don't ever rely on elementary school classes....

But I have no doubts that over there many kids see military as dreams come true, with all the awesome films, video games, ad campaigns and whatnot..... I bet plenty of children bail on uncool education in hopes of joining the army or something, living on welfare, crime etc. It's basically advertised as cool and awesome things.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I would agree that balance is key. Part of knowledge is learning how to care and show love to people and the planet. Serious time should be devoted to love and caring lest we forget...

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'd never introduce my child to this website. I'd only let them Find it. They have a right to learn and choose their own political and religious ideologies. You can educate them on different parties or religious institutions but that's it, other than that, is child abuse.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Teaching you'r kids what you know is a good start everybody should know the limitations of the world and the bassic nature of things, but don't assume that what you know today and help's you, will help your kids. That was what the last generation's did so when the world changed it became useless and lead to bickering. The best think you can teach anyone is to be there own person and function well in as many scenarios as possiblle. The best advice I can give right now, is any advice is not set in stone take things as they are and come, not as they apear to be, or you want them to come. And to think before you act, example... If you are going through a pasture full of hostile bulls that are grazing, and your wearing all red, dont be suprised if you will have to do some running. Some things are obvious, if you think on it a little.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have honestly had to consider NOT having children. Which is really a shame. I want to be able to raise a happy family and teach them all I can about the world, about our family values and principles. But seeing how the world is turning out, I feel remiss to do so. I feel I would be incredibly irresponsible for bringing them up in this hate-filled, greedy, corrupted planet. Good values and playing fair no longer matter, all that seems to matter is getting power at ANY cost, including human cost. I can't live like that, and I would hate having to watch my children grow up in that world.

I can even picture them asking "But daddy, I thought the good guys always won? I thought you said cheating was bad! Why aren't there anymore heroes like King Arthur?" Then sadly... I would honestly not be able to give them an honest answer. Because I too always thought this way, even now. Naive? Maybe, but I'd rather be a good and honest person to the end, than lower myself to the level of everyone else.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Wait a frelling minute. Are you a statist? Do you think government should make the choice for everyone? Do you think the government should invade our private lives?

Just wanted to make sure you are not being a hypocrite.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

My god, this is freaky, I just started watching "the abyss" last night and thats the quote at the start! i even had a brief chat to my partner about who's quote this was!

Synchronicity at its best

g

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Boycott the world by teaching your children how to manage their own lives and think freely with an attitude the accepts the unknown and marries it. We don't live in a secure world we never have and when someone sells us the idea we are clearly delusional.

"We're such an abominable sick society that we won't make the history books" - Jacques Fresco, The Venus Project

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am eighteen, and I would tell my kids (assuming I have them in the future) a lot more than they learn in school nowadays. I would let them learn most things for themselves though. The most important thing to teach them would be survival skills, because I think the next generation will have it rougher than mine. Things aren't going in the right direction, and they aren't changing fast enough. As far as higher education I would tell thema few good quotes to think of often:
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."- Marcus Aurelius
"Those who would exchange liberty for security deserve neither"-Ben Franklin

Then I would teach them a detailed history of banking... and a few other things...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

I think the survival skills are a very good idea like some other posters have said also.

Even if the future turns out ok, it's stll a valuable thing to know, because you never know when you are going to have to need it.

I bet Ray Mears' kids know how to look after themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join