It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World that Awaits The Children of ATS Members

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I think the majority of ATS Members are quite wisened up to the way the World Works.

From Governmnet False Flags to the behind the scenes Chess Games that go on between Countries, we are quite aware I would say.

Questions

Would you accept your offspring being every day sheeple or do you intend to educate them to a specific level on what really goes on?

With that in mind, how do you see our Children fairing in life with our teachings to start them off down lifes path?

What sort of a Life can they expect, and how will it be different from ours?

Whats the best piece of advice you can give them in life?

------------------------------

For me, personally, I definatley intend to educate my Children to a certain extent, although I definatley think much information is best discovered and thought about when the time suits them, not just you.

I think the way the world is going, it will cetainly pay to be streetwise so to speak, otherwise you will be Vaccined, Scanned, Microchipped and Videod to the hilt.

I guess it's very difficult to tell how much their lives will differ from ours. I think it's possible within the next 5 to 10 years, that there will be monumentous changes in all mankind, so their lives could possibly be nothing like ours at all. Better or worse, i'm not sure. We will see what happens.

The best piece of advice I could possibly give them is - Make Decisions for yourself, do your own research and dont jump into anything unless you are sure.

------------------

I would be very interested to hear what everyone else thinks in regards to this topic.

cheers,

grant

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I will definitely teach my kids basic survival and make sure they have common sense. I definitely hope that my children are sheeple. I am so strung out by all the info I take in on a daily basis that I would wish it on no one. If I could give up all my basic common sense to become one of the sheeple, I would do it in a heartbeat. My chance of survival would go down, but as they tell me, just be happy and don't worry about things you can't control. Easier said than done is usually my reply. Great thread OP.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I am so strung out by all the info I take in on a daily basis that I would wish it on no one. If I could give up all my basic common sense to become one of the sheeple, I would do it in a heartbeat

Interesting stance! But you know you can't take that step back now don't you??!!

Once you've swallowed the Red Pill there's no turning back my friend...

g

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Unfortunately you are correct. My usual escape is by reading some Robert Jordon or playing video games. But when I am through, I am right back checking out the latest news and any other info I can suck up. Read a fact that at 35 the brain loses like 7000 cells a year and can't be replaced. So here's to 10 more years of sucking up info, and then I can start working on finding that blue pill lol. ::::

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Would you accept your offspring being every day sheeple or do you intend to educate them to a specific level on what really goes on?

I am trying very hard to teach my children what I know. I make them watch documentaries etc and talk to them about what will happen in the future.

I want them to survive, and if they can do that and be happy in their adult lives then I have achieved my goal.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I am so strung out by all the info I take in on a daily basis that I would wish it on no one. If I could give up all my basic common sense to become one of the sheeple, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Seriously, you'd rather live the lie?

Ignorance is not bliss.

Maybe you can shoot some of us in the back with an electrical weapon, unplug the rest of us, and have "them" put you back in the matrix, were you can enjoy the finer things in life.

Cypher.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
My choice in this is easy, i will never bring someone into this world. Its the only positive thing in my life, and i am glad about that.

You people all know today your bringing people into a world full of ........

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Couldn't agree more.

I'll go as far as saying that it is irresponsible to have children right now.

Except if you are totally self sufficient, living in the bush or something.

I see alot of people having kids for selfish reasons, not thinking about what kind off future they will have to face.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Damn ventian, Robert Jordan fan too?

Wheel of Time keeps turning.

As for the OP, teach your kids EVERYTHING you can. I am glad my father introduced me into the theory of questioning EVERYTHING.

I find it imperative to teach them. If we ever defeat the tyrants, we have to have the next generation ready to stave off the new generation of tyrants.

If we cannot defeat them, maybe the next generation can.

[edit on 5/17/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
Ignorance is not bliss.

I fully agree. And lying to our children and putting them in a state of ignorance is wrong.

I worry about the near future. But nobody is thinking about the real longer term. My children will become adults in 2023 and 2024 respectively. What will the world be like then? If my children achieve current life expectancy they will still be alive in 2080.

Given the debts, and pollution and problems we will be passing on to their generation I can't imagine them growing up in a world like we have. It will be a very different world.

I have great doubts our systems of economics and government, our ideologies and way of life will survive my own lifetime. Let alone my childrens. Unless they are ready to take great changes in their stride their future may be very grim.

I try to teach my kids about evolution. Quantum theory, singularity. Money, war. Nukes. Government. Ways to farm and things that are safe to eat.

I encourage them to play games like "hide and seek" and "tiggy" and tell them not to believe everything they hear on TV. I don't allow much normal TV to be watched. In most cases I will put on movies or documentaries to control what information my children are subjected to.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well i got 3 kids, against any judgement i ever had.

But yes, it's a real issue and you have to give them an idea of what is going on. It's hard to know how much to share, i know so much, and only a little is relevant to them.

But the schol system today is so dumbed down, you have to educate them on all leves, starting with the assumption that school knowledge is incomplete and flawed. You have to have that assumption when speaking with them, and explain that to them, in a way that is not confusing.

It's almost easy though, because the curiculum is so bad, and utterly misleading, youre only holding onto 1 thread, basic truths. The kids come home with a handul of almost completely seperated facts, with no understanding of the WHOLE idea. You just have to fill in blanks, so that they can see not only the truth, but where the lies lie.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If something is not done soon i fear things for our children are going to be bad what- ever you teach them,there will be no world left for them.I have 4 children myself and battling with outside sources such as friends/relatives/tv etc everyday is tiring.

Regards to all

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Every child is different, as is every parent..
This is an excellent thread topic OP, and very good questions.
I think there is a difference between rasing an informed and aware child and raising one who is oblivious to the world around them, let alone what is going on within it..but it has to be a balance somehow, some people seem to think its a negative thing to have traversed into these topics such as ATS handles, but i fail to see how its a negative aspect to ones life, ignorance indeed is not bliss, and it can be stressful to a persons psychological state to take in so much and decide what to take on and what to toss away, and it can get all jumbled for a time, again, i use the word balance.. take the time to chill out and do something mind numbing, watch cartoons, play on the xbox, go out for a walk, and clear the mind, but to say you would rather have stayed a sheep.. to me anyhow is sad, for anyone to wish they were ignorant and sleeping..
Personally with my 8 year old boy, he is of the age to know basics of life, and they may not be what another parent would think are basics of life if that makes sense. Teaching him since birth to respect mother nature and the Earth, to defend himself when need be, but not to be a bully, politeness and manners also have been taught since birth.. he knows that authoritive figures are not ALWAYS to be trusted, but personal judgement needs to be used when he is older to do so.. he knows to go to the police if he is in serious trouble, yet to be aware they arent all helpfull..and to take caution, not paranoia, with him through life. I would wish ignorance and dumbing down on no one. and certainly not my own child! His father and i want him to grow into his own person, and will always encourage him to think for himself above all else, to question things and to think about something before acting. that would be my advice to many kids today i think.. think for yourself, dont let the tv, the teachers or text books do the thinking for you. and being polite hurts no one.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Whilst i will agree with your statement doesnt it make you feel sad/angry that you,knowing what you know didnt do nothing to try and change things yourself?rather than leave it for your children to deal with?Me for example i live my life with views like yours and i teach my children the same sort of things but i feel that i should be making a stand now to stop my children having to go through the same,my children thinking and acting in a good way does not mean the world will change,just means they will find it even harder in the world that they will grow up in,this hurts.

Regards to all

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
Ignorance is not bliss.

Exactly, ignorance leads to serious dangers of making it easier for criminals in police(90% of them are trash murderers), and government to absolutely destroy and murder your life. They can do it to anyone.

Police and government are the biggest danger to any innocent persons life and my life has proven this in london. Ignorance would of made sure my life would of been far worse than it has, as the police desperately tried to frame me for 18 years now, ffing scum.

Ignorance is not bliss for those who want to live innocent lifes, vermin is in the police and government just waiting to kill and destroy anyone they can.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent
If something is not done soon i fear things for our children are going to be bad what- ever you teach them,there will be no world left for them.I have 4 children myself and battling with outside sources such as friends/relatives/tv etc everyday is tiring.
Regards to all

Dude, about that tv ... break it. Be creative. Get the kids to help. You have to break that habit, totally. We've been tv free for years now, only movies are on my pc. But day to day, and for stupid rubbish like adverts and such, your family will just work better without it.

I know how tiring it is just to keep it together. Taking tv out will give you the gap you need ;-) Give them books, and a garden. I promise you'll notice a difference after 1 month.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent
Regards to all

Dude, about that tv ... break it. Be creative. Get the kids to help. You have to break that habit, totally. We've been tv free for years now, only movies are on my pc. But day to day, and for stupid rubbish like adverts and such, your family will just work better without it.

I know how tiring it is just to keep it together. Taking tv out will give you the gap you need ;-) Give them books, and a garden. I promise you'll notice a difference after 1 month.

Thankyou for the advice but already doing all that stuff,my children have there own veggie patch plus i live in the country so we got plenty of fields to mess about in(dog walks/tree climbing etc). My main concern is things they learn from friends/piers at school.I have 3 daughters and the way some of there friends dress is well shocking to say the least(there not even 10 yet) and thats just for school.

Regards to all

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
You can't go home again.

You can never 'unknow' what you now know.

If you inform your children it can have consequences for their life choices.

Two of mine who had plans to be 1) and architect and 2) wanted to be a psyciatrist have decided to become Land Managers.

One is learning survival skills and is moving to the country side.

Another has decided to go back to school and learn essential skills (he was a musician) in being a mechanic.

My youngest knows little of it all and for now we will keep it that way.

If they hadn't have known, been told, or found out for themselves their lives would have been different but perhaps their lives would have been worse and as meaningless in every day activities as those who do not know or worse do not want to know.

I hope that their knowledge will help them to act wisely but sometimes I wish we had never found this path.

However,......don't you know that you're alive!

In many, many ways it is the most wonderful gift......but not one that I would want everyone to embrace as I fear some would be broken by it, especially the elderly.

Knowledge is good, but a heavy burden.

For our children, I hope that will be aware in the worrying world that we are all walking towards and in many cases, already existing in.

Better to live one day as a freeman than a lifetime as a slave, BUT if you have knowledge you are always free in your own mind and NO ONE can take that away from you!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

Yeah, veggie patch rocks!!!

It is hard, the only real "trick" i've found is talk to them, all the time. Find out where they are at, they go along way in a short time ;-)

peace

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I'd like to add to the books, garden etc by saying Home Educate if you can.

I work very hard at making sure our youngest also has friends out of home such as swimming club and karate club but is not then 'forced' in the assiciates at school. School forces people who would never have had anything to do with eachother together and can be a corrupting influence when you consider that the state is teaching what it wants to our children.

Our children are being corrupted by stealth by the sexualisation of everything. I even had to turn off a Dr Who episode the other week.

But our attitude should always be balanced, educated and given with as much wisdom and reason to our children otherwise they will not understand that they are not being 'denied' activities but 'protected from' the consequences of the corruption in the world.

Always with love and kindness and much freedom seems to work well with children. They need to grow, understand and have first class critical thinking skills in this world and their future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join