It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of girls dancing in lingerie causes internet row

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Oh geez, I'm sorry man. The satan thing was a wee little joke but I really did think you were a female for some reason..? No hard feelings or disrespect meant!!

reply to post by Kaytagg

I can agree with you that it's a positive they're out there getting some real exercise. It used to be that kids got cardio just by being kids and running around playing outside but the "toys" children play with today certainly have changed!

And dance will actually sculpt out a near perfect body. (is anything perfect?) Male or female, dancers are fit there's no denying that.. agility, flexibility, cardio, strength... really it wouldn't be a bad idea if we were all required to dance... America might fix its health problems heh.

Here's my future wife (I wish).... and perfect example of what being a true professional dancer will do to your body:

Now THAT'S someone I want to see doing a modern hip hop routine... not little girls. I will accept the title of prude if I must, but it's just not appropriate in my eyes for little kids to do those kinds of dance moves.. the "twerk" should be reserved for grown ups.

But I don't want to lead us in circles, as I think I've said about all I can say to give insight into my opinions and you've done a good job giving me insight into yours.

So thank you for sharing your opinion and listening to mine and I think we're going to have to end this with us disagreeing just a little bit, but that's perfectly okay with me if it's okay with you

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If the moves those girls were doing were not moves ment to cause sexual arousal, then I want to see ones that are (done by adult women). What could these moves consist of? I thought I had seen everything but according to some here, there are moves I have not seen.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
And here is my advice, get a copy of the Federalist Papers and the Anti-Federalist Papers, and learn what it means to live in a republic. You have every natural right to have your opinion. You have every natural right to expect your children to abide by your standards; but you have no natural right to expect another family to abide by your subjective standards of decency.

I have both, have read them, and weekly reference them both. I am working on a thread concerning both I plan to post later in the summer.

I personally do not care about what you think of as decent or bad parenting, and I will never abide by your standards and you cannot do anything about it. Likewise, I would never force you to have your children live up to my expectations.

You seem to keep confusing forcing someone to do something, with society criticizing behavior it finds inappropriate.

Case-in-point:
Two little boys on a playground. One is average, the other is obese. The average boy teases the obese one calling him fatty-fat-fat. Now, clearly, the average boy is not forcing the obese kid to be fat, and speech, even hateful speech is free.

Both parents approach the kids. The fat kids parent says how rude and nasty the other little boy is being. The average kids parent say 'hey its a free country, if you don't like it get out of the park.'

We don't allow children to knowingly behave in such a manner. It is so obviously destructive to society.

We cannot sit quietly while children are being made to be sexual objects. It is obviously destructive to society,

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

You seem to keep confusing forcing someone to do something, with society criticizing behavior it finds inappropriate.

Case-in-point:
Two little boys on a playground. One is average, the other is obese. The average boy teases the obese one calling him fatty-fat-fat. Now, clearly, the average boy is not forcing the obese kid to be fat, and speech, even hateful speech is free.

Both parents approach the kids. The fat kids parent says how rude and nasty the other little boy is being. The average kids parent say 'hey its a free country, if you don't like it get out of the park.'

We don't allow children to knowingly behave in such a manner. It is so obviously destructive to society.

We cannot sit quietly while children are being made to be sexual objects. It is obviously destructive to society.

While I agree I also disagree.

I personally do not feel that the video the OP posted was destructive to society.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

It is pretty obvious now that you are trolling. You keep attacking me instead of commenting on the issue. You keep making this about me as though I am only person in the whole thread who said the way the children are portrayed in the video is inappropriate. You are grasping at straws and trying to get people fired up. It is not going to work.

Most importantly you are trying to blur the lines between what society considers acceptable and what it doesn't. This appears to be a consistent pattern with you. You can try all you want to make the sexual exploitation of children a trivial matter, but you will not convince people that it is ok and acceptable.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by dalan.

It is pretty obvious now that you are trolling. You keep attacking me instead of commenting on the issue. You keep making this about me as though I am only person in the whole thread who said the way the children are portrayed in the video is inappropriate. You are grasping at straws and trying to get people fired up. It is not going to work.

Most importantly you are trying to blur the lines between what society considers acceptable and what it doesn't. This appears to be a consistent pattern with you. You can try all you want to make the sexual exploitation of children a trivial matter, but you will not convince people that it is ok and acceptable.

I am not trying to troll. Seriously, you are the one who said that "people should keep it in their homes and not have it in public." Which I realize is simply your opinion, but it does come across as a slight control-complex.

I am not trying to get a rise out of anyone. I staunchly believe that people have natural rights over their children and that the State, or the majority, or any minority, does not have the authority to dictate to any parent/parents what is decent or not decent for their children. In my opinion, anyone's opinion regarding the parent's of the girls in that video is irrelevant...because they are not our children.

This entire frame-of-mind reminds me of the "Nanny-State" mentality, where the only "rights" that we have are actually privileges granted to us by the Corporate State.

That is my position on this issue.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I am not trying to troll. Seriously, you are the one who said that "people should keep it in their homes and not have it in public." Which I realize is simply your opinion, but it does come across as a slight control-complex.

Is this not an internet forum where the discussion of issues is encouraged? Did I make a list of laws other posters must follow? Have I forced other people to view my opinions as the standard for morality? Again you throw in a little label like "control-complex". Who am I trying to control? Why do you think I have the need to control anyone? I have stated my opinions and given reasons why I feel the video is inappropriate. How is this forcing my views on other people?

I am not trying to get a rise out of anyone. I staunchly believe that people have natural rights over their children and that the State, or the majority, or any minority, does not have the authority to dictate to any parent/parents what is decent or not decent for their children. In my opinion, anyone's opinion regarding the parent's of the girls in that video is irrelevant...because they are not our children.

It is hard to put into words how absurd your arguments are in this paragraph. According to your logic, a teacher that notices one of her pupils is bruised across the body has no place speaking to the parents and asking where the bruises come from. If they did and had a reasonable suspicion that the child might be the victim of physical abuse, they have no right to report the parents?

So when we see a video of 8 year-olds that are the victims of sexual exploitation, and the video is brought onto an internet forum for discussion, we have no place or right to say that it is inappropriate? We are not allowed to call a spade a spade? We have to worry about offending parents before we judge what they let their kids do out in public, even when it is likely to affect our own kids?

This entire frame-of-mind reminds me of the "Nanny-State" mentality, where the only "rights" that we have are actually privileges granted to us by the Corporate State.

You have it backwards. The "Nanny-State" mentality actually refers to parents failing to raise their kids and relying on the STATE to do the job. This is what is happening today. Kids are looking towards TV and other media for moral guidance and direction. They are being raised by the state while both parents are working to pay the bills!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Is this not an internet forum where the discussion of issues is encouraged? Did I make a list of laws other posters must follow? Have I forced other people to view my opinions as the standard for morality? Again you throw in a little label like "control-complex". Who am I trying to control? Why do you think I have the need to control anyone? I have stated my opinions and given reasons why I feel the video is inappropriate. How is this forcing my views on other people?

I didn't say that you are forcing your views on other people. I just said that you come across to me as being controlling.

It is hard to put into words how absurd your arguments are in this paragraph. According to your logic, a teacher that notices one of her pupils is bruised across the body has no place speaking to the parents and asking where the bruises come from. If they did and had a reasonable suspicion that the child might be the victim of physical abuse, they have no right to report the parents?

Absurd? No. Not in a republic. Children naturally belong to their parents, the teacher can shove it and mind their own business. I realize the ramifications of my own stance. I grew up in a not-so-happy-home, but we have forgotten where our natural rights are derived from.

So when we see a video of 8 year-olds that are the victims of sexual exploitation, and the video is brought onto an internet forum for discussion, we have no place or right to say that it is inappropriate?

You have every right to express your opinions, I've already stated this. I just stated that our opinions regarding another person's children are irrelevant. Which is just my opinion.

We are not allowed to call a spade a spade?

Of course you are, but that is solely based on perception. Like I said before, what you consider indecent, I may consider completely decent.

We have to worry about offending parents before we judge what they let their kids do out in public

Why would you worry about offending anyone? I said nothing about being worried about offending someone. I merely stated that what one family does with their children is none of your concern.

even when it is likely to affect our own kids?

You could force them to walk around blindfolded.

Or stop using such a lame excuse to moderate the behavior of others.

Because that's what issues like this eventually become.

More regulations and less rights (sorry, I meant privileges).

You have it backwards. The "Nanny-State" mentality actually refers to parents failing to raise their kids and relying on the STATE to do the job. This is what is happening today. Kids are looking towards TV and other media for moral guidance and direction. They are being raised by the state while both parents are working to pay the bills!

Ok, if you have the opinion that you do of the video that the OP posted, chances are you would probably teach your kids to have the same moral values as yourself. In which case, your children are going to be raised to believe that if they see something in public that they do not like, it will be Ok for them to try to put a stop to it. Which I am not saying that you would do that, but you did allude to such a thing through your own posts. It is a "Nanny-State" mentality, because I guarantee that you receive benefits from the State you don't even realize you are receiving; and you have know problem with agents of the State (teachers, your example) monitoring another persons children.

Liberty for safety. We give one up for the other all the time.

[edit on 5/19/2010 by dalan.]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I didn't say that you are forcing your views on other people. I just said that you come across to me as being controlling.

Absurd? No. Not in a republic. Children naturally belong to their parents, the teacher can shove it and mind their own business. I realize the ramifications of my own stance. I grew up in a not-so-happy-home, but we have forgotten where our natural rights are derived from.

I see. The thing is you are indirectly condoning that parents have the right to mistreat their kids and destroy their lives from an early age. I say, don't these kids have the right to grow up in an environment where they are not mistreated? Don't kids have the right to grow up without being exposed to mental and/or physical distress?

Weren't these adults once kids themselves? Do you think their childhood experiences influenced the way they turned out as adults? You want to protect the rights of the adult and let them do bad stuff to their kids because that is their right?

You have every right to express your opinions, I've already stated this. I just stated that our opinions regarding another person's children are irrelevant. Which is just my opinion.

You will learn one day that there is a difference between speaking out against something because it is wrong, and going against the right of an adult to raise their kids how they feel it should be done. You forget that adults that mistreat children are depriving the children of the rights they expect be granted to them.

Of course you are, but that is solely based on perception. Like I said before, what you consider indecent, I may consider completely decent.

I agree. Perception is very important. But there MUST be certain rules and boundaries - even in your idea of a Republic. If you don't have these things then you are not living in a Republic; you are living in a chaotic world where everybody can do anything they want and not suffer any consequences because everything becomes a "difference in perception."

Why would you worry about offending anyone? I said nothing about being worried about offending someone. I merely stated that what one family does with their children is none of your concern.

I do not take pleasure in offending others. I will speak out when I feel it is justified. But that does not mean I will needlessly offend others just because I can.

You really need to start thinking about this whole thing from the kid's point of view. If children are mistreated at an early age, it is very likely they will develop psychological problems later in their adult life. Do you see how this impacts them when they become adults? You are stating that people with bad childhoods should be free to grow up and raise kids with bad childhoods. Is that your idea of a Republic?

You could force them to walk around blindfolded.
Or stop using such a lame excuse to moderate the behavior of others.
Because that's what issues like this eventually become.
More regulations and less rights (sorry, I meant privileges).

Not blindfolded, but not out in the desert surrounded by cactuses either. A happy medium maybe?

Ok, if you have the opinion that you do of the video that the OP posted, chances are you would probably teach your kids to have the same moral values as yourself. In which case, your children are going to be raised to believe that if they see something in public that they do not like, it will be Ok for them to try to put a stop to it.

You need to read over this paragraph again. I think deep down you know there is a difference.

Which I am not saying that you would do that, but you did allude to such a thing through your own posts. It is a "Nanny-State" mentality, because I guarantee that you receive benefits from the State you don't even realize you are receiving; and you have know problem with agents of the State (teachers, your example) monitoring another persons children.

The point is if parents raise their kids properly, you don't need the state to do the job for you. Maybe this is another case of perception? You have no objections to being allowed to abuse your kid because they get bad grades, I do object to this behaviour. You believe parents have the right to treat children any way they choose because whether they nurture or abuse, it is their right. I don't believe they have the right to abuse their kids. In my head there is a clear difference between nurture and abuse.

Liberty for safety. We give one up for the other all the time.
That is true we are encouraged to to trade liberty/freedom for security. Yet, your context is way off the mark once again. We are not talking about the Patriot Act here. You are suggesting us adults keep both ideals (our right to liberty and freedom), but we should be free to deprive children of both. How can you grow up when you weren't raised?

Eventually this becomes a problem for everyone. Not the video itself but what it leads to: a general lack in manners and tendencies to take part in anti-social behaviour in youth of today. My point? If you fail to properly raise your kid then you ARE making their future behaviour everyone else's problem.

[edit on 19/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

Kids deserve to be kids and should be free to act like kids. They shouldn't feel pressured to act like girls in the video just to fit in and feel cool.

I respect that and I agree with that for the most.

However, we can't know, maybe those girls had the best day of their life and were not pressured at all, the video doesn't show this.

Kids should be kids, but I object to the notion that these kids were being sexualized. At least I don't see it.

It looked like they were having fun to me, and not being pressured. We can't know what those girls feel exactly except by looking at their facial expressions, and I thought they were having fun. We did have a poster in this thread who wore skimpy costumes when she was younger and it sounds like she had fun too and doesn't have any regrets:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I have to disagree here. These girls were in a performance not meant to be viewed by millions, and I took ballet at 6, the performances where wonderful. Dance is an art, and some kids are not only talented but its their dream.

The video has been removed so I couldn't watch it but I clicked into the link and wore far more scanty as I was growing up. That is something my parents raised me to be free and liberal, and I'm suspicous of everything that is put on public agendas now as being by design. My friends parents kept her in very old fashioned modest clothes.

I prefered mine, thank you very much.

Girls dont think people should be looking at them the wrong way, the onus is on the viewer to not have strange thoughts. Kids arent sexy.

I couldn't agree more, and it's nice to see that you weren't permanently scarred by the experience of wearing the dance costumes that you wanted to and that your parents were OK with. And people that are having strange thoughts watching this video should worry more about controlling their thoughts than about telling Unity_99 how she's being sexualized by being allowed to wear the costumes that she wants to. Now I agree that kids shouldn't be pressured to wear these costumes if they don't want to, but it doesn't sound to me like Unity_99 was pressured from reading that post.

I say, don't these kids have the right to grow up in an environment where they are not mistreated? Don't kids have the right to grow up without being exposed to mental and/or physical distress?

Read Unity_99's post. Does she sound like someone who feels like she was mistreated? I don't see her expressing mental and or physical distress, except perhaps in seeing the way some of her friends with prudish parents were treated. It seems like you're projecting what you think is happening to these kids, but not recognizing how they actually feel by listening to one of them who's been there and done that.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellsworth
I feel sorry for these girls having such stupid parents. They are already being sexualized at a very young age.

I am a parent and I couldn't agree with you more. I find this quite sick, and I'm not a conservative kinda guy, not by a long mile.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Weren't these adults once kids themselves? Do you think their childhood experiences influenced the way they turned out as adults? You want to protect the rights of the adult and let them do bad stuff to their kids because that is their right?

I know that my stance on this is very strange, and I wrestle with it everyday, I personally would never want to see any child abused...EVER. From a personal perspective, if my Mother and Stepfather had had full natural rights over me as a child, with no State intervention, I do not know what the outcome would have been. I am very much-so on the fence. People claim that children have natural rights, but which ones? We would not give a 6 year old a gun because we know that they are not competent to exercise that right with any responsibility...and it would be extremely dangerous for the 6 year old.

I know that it is an extreme view that I have, but I do believe that children are the property of their parents. I do not advocate chaos, in my view a republic is a form of Government that is set up through a social contract ie, not through coercion of the people. We set-up such government to protect our natural rights that cannot be taken away, because we were endowed with them from birth. So the job of the government is to protect property, question is, what counts as property? Well, first and foremost your body, and anything that you own outside of that is an extension of the first...land, your car, even children. You have to wonder that, if children are not the property of their parents, and parents only hold custody granted to them by the State...then our children are, rightfully the property of the State. If they were not the property of the State, no social worker would have the authority, nor the jurisdiction, to intervene on behalf of the State.

Am I against child abuse? Yes, do I feel that I have the right or the authority to stop someone from abusing their kids? No. It is an extremely tough call, because if I said yes, I would be throwing all of my own beliefs regarding natural rights out-the-window.

Please do not be offended by my stance that children are the property of their parents. The reason why I feel that way is for good reason, and I do realize the negative ramifications for children not fortunate enough to be born into a nurturing home. As an example, I read a story about a goth couple with a daughter who were teaching their daughter about paganism and had many books in the home dealing with occultism. The Mother of the wife in this relationship was devoutly Christian, and felt that her daughter was corrupting her granddaughter. So the Grandmother took her daughter to court and eventually won custody of her granddaughter...and after reading the story I feel sorry for the little girl because the Grandmother seems downright insane. If I can find a link to the story, I will post it.

From my perspective, the Mother of the child had every right to teach her daughter whatever she felt fit, and if children are property, and all rights derive from property...then the court would have had no choice but to rule in favor of the mother and not the grandmother. It was a very shady-case. Having your child taken away simply because you seem eccentric to everyone else.

I agree. Perception is very important. But there MUST be certain rules and boundaries - even in your idea of a Republic. If you don't have these things then you are not living in a Republic; you are living in a chaotic world where everybody can do anything they want and not suffer any consequences because everything becomes a "difference in perception."

Of course there must be rules and boundaries, I completely agree. I feel that those rules and boundaries should be set-up to protect our natural rights, and to protect our property.

I do not take pleasure in offending others. I will speak out when I feel it is justified. But that does not mean I will needlessly offend others just because I can.

Right, I understand, I feel the same, but I do feel that we should not be afraid to express ourselves simply because we may offend someone; although I wouldn't go out-of-my-way to offend anyone either. it just so happens I offend people quite easily just being myself...

You really need to start thinking about this whole thing from the kid's point of view. If children are mistreated at an early age, it is very likely they will develop psychological problems later in their adult life. Do you see how this impacts them when they become adults? You are stating that people with bad childhoods should be free to grow up and raise kids with bad childhoods. Is that your idea of a Republic?

I know how it impacts them, and I know the dilemma of my own stance; but like I said, I personally do not feel like I have the authority or the right to stop someone from being abused just because I do not agree with it.

Not blindfolded, but not out in the desert surrounded by cactuses either. A happy medium maybe?

Of course, and this is where I feel our responsibility as parents plays a huge role. We would be very hard-pressed to try to protect our children from everything that we find indecent. Which, of course, is no excuse not to try, but as a parent, we can be there for our children to try to help to guide them in a manner that we find more respectable. Personally, if my children had seen the video the OP posted, and were questioning me about the behavior I would be completely honest with them as to my viewpoint, and I would try to engender in them the skills necessary to think for themselves. So that someday, they can get to a place where they may be less impressionable, and better able to make up their own minds as to what they feel is right or wrong for themselves. Without feeling pressured to do something, or to be something by any outside force.

Even if you and I disagreed with how we raised our children, I would still staunchly defend your right as a parent, to raise them how you see fit; because that is how I truly feel on this issue; and I do not think that we see that enough. Say for instance that you did not like the behavior portrayed in the video and you were very vocal about it; but since you did not agree with what the parents did with their daughters in the video...someone came along to try and take your kids away because they saw you as an "unfit" parent simply on the basis of you not agreeing with them. That is where my stance comes from. I would be there to defend you every step of the way. It is my responsibility and duty to do so.

You need to read over this paragraph again. I think deep down you know there is a difference.

Yes, I realize that there is a difference, and like I said...it tends to be a wrestling match with myself on this issue.

The point is if parents raise their kids properly, you don't need the state to do the job for you.

Not at all, but can you see where perhaps you would not have natural rights as a parent? I mean think about that statement...if you do not raise your children properly, the State will do it for you. Who gets to make that decision and why? Where is their authority to do so coming from?

And what is the basis for raising your children properly?

Maybe this is another case of perception?

I do believe so, yes.

You have no objections to being allowed to abuse your kid because they get bad grades, I do object to this behavior.

I do have strong objections to such behavior, I just do not know if I have the authority to do anything about it. Which I believe, personally, that I do not. To me it would be the antithesis to living in any manner of a republic. If the State, or any ruling body can intervene, even if their intervening is playing a positive role, we are playing a dangerous game. Where do we cross the line and tell the State and the majority NO! I think that is what I am interested in.

You believe parents have the right to treat children any way they choose because whether they nurture or abuse, it is their right. I don't believe they have the right to abuse their kids. In my head there is a clear difference between nurture and abuse.

There is an extremely clear difference between nurture and abuse. I do believe that children are the property of their parents until the day that they are competent as to be responsible for themselves. Like I have said its an extremely hairy subject. We cannot make decisions for other parents regarding their children, and within the annuls of American Law History, this is exactly how it used to be. It was not until after the Civil War that our views started changing regarding who has the final say over someone's children...and because of contract law, the State does.

[edit on 5/19/2010 by dalan.]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
If the moves those girls were doing were not moves ment to cause sexual arousal, then I want to see ones that are (done by adult women). What could these moves consist of? I thought I had seen everything but according to some here, there are moves I have not seen.

I wouldn't let my 8-year old daughter wear these costumes, and I think the moves are more sexually suggestive, do you see the difference? Actually I don't know how old these girls are, the caption doesn't say. But the Brazilians aren't as prudish as half the people posting in this thread. Like I said, modesty is a cultural thing. In Saudi Arabia they'd all be dancing in Burqas or something

Sexy samba dancers strut their stuff, and everything else, on stage in Rio de Janiero. They wiggle their bums and do erotic pelvic thrusts at the audience. It's a local joke that their skimpy little costumes include G-strings that are thinner than dental floss! You will have to judge that for yourself, as I'm not commenting further on these lovely young ladies who are selected from the city's thousands of Samba schools to perform in this night club show. Their mums and dads don't seem to mind!

Now if the 8 year old girls were wearing these costumes, I could see why people would be upset. But the dance in the OP video looks pretty innocent to me.

Here's one with adult dancers, and some of the costumes are actually lingerie. I'm not sure the costumes in the OP video are really lingerie as some people claim.

Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink - Lady Marmalade

I guess the moves where they put their hands on their breasts, their crotch, and their rears are way more suggestive moves than anything in the OP video, along with the lingerie costumes, hence inappropriate for children.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

the video has been removed!

when you are born into this world you enter a freak show. When you are born in America you get front row seats. -george carlin

[edit on 20-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I see 5 victims of mothers desperate to live their lives through their daughters and make sure they fit in with todays world of "if you aren't famous you aren't anything!".
Is it wrong morally, sure, but paedophiles don't usually want little girls who dress and act like adults, they want little girls that act like little girls.

The problem is in the fact that we are all so moulded by the media that if this was 20 years ago (I am 31) it was cute kids doing a cute dance, today it is paedophile meat doing erotic dancing because that is how todays society interprets things.

Stop voting on talent shows and feeding money to the rags that salivate over celebrity gossip to sell to the drones and parents wont feel the only chance their daughters have in life of becoming accomplished and accepted is if they grace the covers of time magazine and have shiny awards on a shelf.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
And when the parents are on national tv crying for someone to return their daughter, I'd love to see their faces when someone asks "..do you still think it was OK now in retrospect?" Dear god, I hope this will wake up parents and open a dialogue about it so these innocent children can be kept safe as possible!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hi there,

As a father of two sweet girls whom I love with all my heart, I can honestly say that I didn't see anything in the video that I was disgusted with.

If I was the parents of these extremely talented girls I would very very very proud. It is clear that these girls have a very bright future ahead of them.

I would also state that if you think there is anything wrong in these girls doing a dance like this then you may want to consider why that is, did you find them sexual?? I certainly didn't and I would suspect that any normal parent that has not been filled with fear of sickos would see this for what it is, innocent talent.

I'm sick of the whole over the top controls surrounding our kids, when I was a kid (I’m 36 years old now) we didn't live in fear like so many of you seem to do today.

I'm sick of not being able to take a camera to my own daughters school play in case some parent gets paranoid that I'm looking at their kid, or that something bad is going to happen if my child is dressed up for a dance.

Wake up people and stop living your life in fear!!

Peace out,

Korg.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I don't see anything wrong with it.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by MrDaveLee]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have a problem with around the 1:40 mark in the video.
(original youtube removed, I found a copy on this page)
www.popeater.com...

They are very talented dancers, but to say that the moves they are performing are not sexual in nature is ignorant.
They are performing moves that strippers do for their "clients"
They are performing moves that people have yelled to the sky about as degrading women the Salt Shaker move they do (the rapid bouncing of the butt) is the same as the girls do in the rap and hip hop videos.
and EVERYONE yelled about that as morally degrading to women and girls,
and that shouldn't be on the tv cause it gives our girls bad images of women.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by DJGomchizzle]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

And when the parents are on national tv crying for someone to return their daughter, I'd love to see their faces when someone asks "..do you still think it was OK now in retrospect?"

That's laughable.

How does one go from letting their daughter perform in a dance, to losing her to pedophile kidnappers?

Your phantasy is running wild, it must suck to live in a world of projected fear.

Get real.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join