It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of girls dancing in lingerie causes internet row

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Am I an alcoholic for denouncing 8 year-old kids drinking alcohol? Am I a drug-addict for condemning 8 year-old kids for taking narcotics? Let me guess: it's all in my head and my problem?

Again with your bad examples.

These girls weren't drinking alcohol, they weren't using drugs, they also weren't having sex or depicting sex.

Yes, it is all in your head.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I remember watching a video with young girls singing (I think) a Spice Girls song with very sexual lyrics, and parents listening seemed to see no issues with this. How can that not be a problem and a danger?

Oh nos, the Spice Girls sexing it up? Come on, if you think that the line: "If you wanna be my lover...", is very sexual, you are overreacting.

It is not a problem because the kids aren't thinking about sex, the parents aren't thinking about sex, it's only you that gives it that heaviness in that situation.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee
I have no difficulty identifying the sexual signals exhibited throughout this routine. The arched backs, hands directly beneath the "breasts", gyrating hips, undulating torso, display of a curved spine with protruding derriere, not to mention the pelvic thrusts are universally used to entice. Just because these girls are mimicking older women does not change the meaning of those signals. I'm stunned that people would accuse others of being dirty minded or oppressive when it's pointed out that their daughters are doing some sort of primal availability display.

The things is, it's young girls doing these moves, wich desexualizes it for me.

I don't find young girls sexy, no matter how they dress or move. Once again, the sex is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
Again with your bad examples.

These girls weren't drinking alcohol, they weren't using drugs, they also weren't having sex or depicting sex.

Yes, it is all in your head.

For somebody who has trouble viewing events in context, no examples will be good enough.

Evidently I am not the only one thinking the video is inappropriate. In fact, it appears most members in this thread seem to agree that it is inappropriate. Does that mean it's just all inside our heads?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Your examples suck, period.

Evidently I am not the only one thinking the video is inappropriate. In fact, it appears most members in this thread seem to agree that it is inappropriate. Does that mean it's just all inside our heads?

I don't care how many share your views, should I?

And yes, it's inside your heads. You guys see sexual behavior, I see kids doing modern dance, kids, so by definition not sexy.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
.there are kids groups like C-ute or Mini Moni who are doing the exact same thing like the kids in that video and guess what? They like what they're doing.

Wait..did you just...you think that the outfits and dance are like C-ute and Mini Moni? Are you kidding me?

Aside from the fact that these kids are about 5 years or more YOUNGER than the practically all of the C-ute and Mini Moni girls. Those groups DO NOT dance in the same fashion. I have never see the hip gyration, undulation, booty bouncing, chest wiggle burlesque crap these prostitots were doing, performed by either group. I remember seeing one music video by one of those groups, and they were all dressed in some type of furry sleep attire, and it didn't reak of sex like this did.

This is sheer lunacy!

How some of you can decry that those exposing this abhorring exhibition and sexualization of children should feel more shame than those who believe it is normal and acceptable... is this what society has become?!

I'm far from a saint, but come on people, its CHILDREN, in (dance costume) lingerie, shaking (not even developed) parts in clearly sexual ways, all the while the cheers of the crowd encouraging and enforcing the idea that this is how little girls should want to be.

I see headlines in the news with implied shock that soo many kids and teens are sexting. This nonchalant attitude towards objectifying young girls is doing this.

I say YOU, the people who accept this as normal and no big deal are the real perverts, in that you WANT society to be this way; where the youth and girls are developed to be sexual playthings.

I think this may have been linked before but I suggest you ALL read it.

Forty years ago, if you went into a department store and looked at clothes for seven-year-olds, they’d be quite different than the clothes on sale for 17-year-olds. Today there’s no longer any distinction; the same short skirts are sold to girls in Grade 2 and girls in Grade 12. T-shirts that say, “Yes, but not with you” are now sold to eight-year-olds.
Girls understand what these T-shirts are about: pretending to be sexually aware. We have girls who are now putting on a pretense of adult sexuality that they couldn’t possibly feel, and the danger of putting on a show is that you lose touch with your own sexuality. You’re wearing a mask, and when you take off the mask, there’s not a face there. Another thing that’s happening is the acceleration of the onset of puberty. Girls are losing what psychologists used to call middle childhood: eight to 12 years of age, which is the age of Pippi Longstocking and Harriet the Spy, the time for girls to have adventures and develop a sense of who they are as people without worrying about whether they’re hot.

SOURCE

As for myself, I will continue to fight this decline in decency. Even if it is just to protect my own children.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
In fact, it appears most members in this thread seem to agree that it is inappropriate. Does that mean it's just all inside our heads?

Isn't that typical though? The minority always sets the terms and conditions in modern day America.

You just have to get use to the fact that hyper-sexualization of kids is how it should be.

You guys see sexual behavior, I see kids doing modern dance, kids, so by definition not sexy.

I see. And if they had been actually engaging in the act of sex, you would say they are just preparing for adulthood and the proper mating techniques.

In the mind of a sick person, the wrong is always so clearly justified and logical.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I don't care how many share your views, should I?

Ignore reality, embrace ignorance. Your choice.

And yes, it's inside your heads. You guys see sexual behavior, I see kids doing modern dance, kids, so by definition not sexy.

You are confusing sexual exploitation with sexual gratification. It's not hard recognising sexual exploitation with an unbiased gaze. Well, for most people that is.

[edit on 18/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I see. And if they had been actually engaging in the act of sex, you would say they are just preparing for adulthood and the proper mating techniques.

If they were actually engaging in sex I would appauled, the thing is, nothing remotely close has happened.

In the mind of a sick person, the wrong is always so clearly justified and logical.

That qoute could easily apply to your side of the issue to.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

You are confusing sexual exploitation with sexual gratification. It's not hard recognising sexual exploitation with an unbiased gaze. Well, for most people that is.

To recognise sexual exploitation, you would first have to recognise the sex.

There wasn't any.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

To recognise sexual exploitation, you would first have to recognise the sex.

There wasn't any.

To make a comment about sexual exploitation, you would first have to know what sexual means.

sexual - adj.
1. Of, relating to, involving, or characteristic of sex, sexuality, the sexes, or the sex organs and their functions.
2. Implying or symbolizing erotic desires or activity.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

These girls were sexually exploited.

To disagree is to disagree with the english language.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by ImaNutter]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

sexual - adj. 1. Of, relating to, involving, or characteristic of sex, sexuality, the sexes, or the sex organs and their functions. 2. Implying or symbolizing erotic desires or activity.

Yes, and nothing in that definition happened in the dance.

It happened in your head.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

2. Implying or symbolizing erotic desires or activity

Happened. Without any stretch of the imagination, there was definite implying and symbolizing of erotic activity.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

That's a good defence

"Officer, my 8 year-old was not reversing the car out of the drive way when the car struck the tree. I know my neighbours told you he was driving, but they are wrong. I am telling you it was me reversing the car. If you think otherwise, it's all in your head!"

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Ok hypethetical question.

Let's say you are on the beach, and a little girl is wearing a bathing suit or bikini, and she's doing a little dance, shaking her pelvic area etc.

Would you go to the parents, and say; "hey, stop her with her sexually loaded dance, that's sexual".

If I was the parent, and someone would say that about my daughter dancing, I'd kick his ass.

Because the kid had no sexual intent, but the one complaining was associating my daughter with sex.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Ok hypethetical question.

Let's say you are on the beach, and a little girl is wearing a bathing suit or bikini, and she's doing a little dance, shaking her pelvic area etc.

Would you go to the parents, and say; "hey, stop her with her sexually loaded dance, that's sexual".

If I was the parent, and someone would say that about my daughter dancing, I'd kick his ass.

Because the kid had no sexual intent, but the one complaining was associating my daughter with sex.

I'm going to do you a favour and link a definition from the same website.

con·text (kntkst)
n.
1. The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.
2. The circumstances in which an event occurs; a setting.

Or

context [ˈkɒntɛkst]
n
1. the parts of a piece of writing, speech, etc., that precede and follow a word or passage and contribute to its full meaning it is unfair to quote out of context
2. the conditions and circumstances that are relevant to an event, fact, etc.

The Free Dictionary - Context

[edit on 18/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

reply to post by ImaNutter

sexual - adj. 1. Of, relating to, involving, or characteristic of sex, sexuality, the sexes, or the sex organs and their functions. 2. Implying or symbolizing erotic desires or activity.

I know you're defending what you love or whatever but you're just being rediculous at this point.

Your example question is bogus as hell too because its about CONTEXT.

You add all the variables together in this dance and the girls were sexually exploited.

You add the variables in your proposed beach scenario and that is a kid doing kid things at a beach.

That dance these little girls were doing is what males seek out at dance clubs every night of the week from girls of age... not to mention their routine was danced in outfits guys have to PAY to have girls wear.

C'mon......

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Happened. Without any stretch of the imagination, there was definite implying and symbolizing of erotic activity.

No, you saw little girls dancing and your own mind implied sexual behavior.

If childeren move like that it has no bearing, symbolism or meaning, they're just kids.

You are attributing adult traits to little kids.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

How old is the kid? Is she pretending to be a bee? Is she doing it towards a boy or at the bequest of one?

I might say something.

I suggest you read my post above closely.

We have girls who are now putting on a pretense of adult sexuality that they couldn’t possibly feel

The kids don't even have to know what they are doing is sexual, they are doing it because society is telling them that's how they should be behaving. Is that what your problem is? You just weren't raised to know such behavior is wrong? If that is so, nothing anyone here can do will help you.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

No, you saw little girls dancing and your own mind implied sexual behavior.

If childeren move like that it has no bearing, symbolism or meaning, they're just kids.

You are attributing adult traits to little kids.

You're getting loonier each response.

If they move like that it bears no symbolism and no meaning?

Those are universal stripper moves.

I can not help that when I watch this video it is painfully obvious that these girls are doing what strippers do and you don't want to acknowledge it. I've seen strippers. I saw the video. The only difference is the strippers take it off at the end and they take my money. And I'm turned on by the strippers and disgusted by the perverse people that sexually exploited these kids by combining that outfit with that kind of routine.

Adults and children share traits by the way, it's called being human.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join