It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Joe Legal” and “Jose Illegal”

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

What is sad is they are not thinking of their kids future if this problem is not fixed. They will be dead while their kid is in a country with a billion plus people havng to learn spanish and not being able find a job. I guess they dont care.

Kids future??????????????

Quit sending your money to the cartels.

13 Trillion in debt and you think this will save our country future.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You want a "chain-mail" response, Heeeeere's Johnny, American speak.
I am a middle aged American, working since the age of 15. I get by on X amount of dollars working in the construction biz since I removed myself from the Military, where I honorably served for 6 years and left with a disabilty. (I declined the checks after a couple of years). VietNam era, whatever that means, and yes

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Do you want open borders or not.?

Your just too funny. You do know that 50% of illegals come in legally and overstay their visas.

You do know that your version of secure border is to close the Southern border only.

Guess open borders is OK to you as long as it only pertains to Canadians.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Hey if I could swim da ocean illegally I would seein how nice it is to be jose. I'd b joseph stalin illegal lol

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by ker2010

Your just too funny. You do know that 50% of illegals come in legally and overstay their visas.

You do know that your version of secure border is to close the Southern border only.

When we have a bunch of illegal canadians working under the table, going to our hospitals, taking jobs americans would work for a fair wage and on government assistance id complain about them.

BTW you need a passport to cross into Canada now and vice versa. Its probably more secure than the mexican border to be honest.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by ker2010]

[edit on 13-5-2010 by ker2010]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
yes they do, and what exactly does this have to do with the OP? you are dumb!

Originally posted by numismatic
reply to post by Johnze

my question is was anyone cussing and crying when George Bush was in office, so wipe your tears this has been going on before Obama was in office.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ponyboyats
reply to post by ker2010

Hey if I could swim da ocean illegally I would seein how nice it is to be jose. I'd b joseph stalin illegal lol

Yes but you couldnt, and no other race or people is above you so they shouldnt be allowed a free pass when you were not.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Not jose illegals problem joe legal is too stupid to work the system to his advantage. I mean he pays 1200 dollar a month for "rent" LOL and spends 50 dollars a week on food???, is this guy got some sort of serious coc aine habbit your not telling us about?

Yay for the freedom to be racist by the way.

It's a reasonable scenario in L.A. I didn't care for the name Jose Illegal though.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Yet critics say Obama has been focusing his recovery efforts too narrowly and hasn't done enough to help people find work. After all, the latest job figures show 9.9 percent of the country still out of work.
=============================================

Noone would do the jobs they do.. SUREEEEEEEEEEEE

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The real answer is for them to stop running away from their problems and fix their country. Until they do? What are we going to do, move the whole country up here? When are the People of Mexico going to stand up for themselves instead of running away like rats from a ship?

If not for us, they probably would have done it long ago. Having it so easy to come here has made them weak and dependent which is what the government really wants.

Closing the border is not racist. The whole country has about had its fill of that lie and the damn liars saying it. Your not fooling anybody anymore. If you all care that much, strap on a gun and go to Mexico and help them free themselves. Otherwise it just a lot of name calling and schoolyard crap by immature people in adult bodies.

Take your Lilly White butts to a Barrio run by MS13 and see how appreciative they are for your generosity. Better yet, try and drive a car across Mexico with US plates and no travel documents. See how well they like you. See if they give you money, a place to live, a job and free medical care. Go ahead and try it. I dare you.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I know this is a touchy subject that not everyone agrees with, but unfortunately the OP is right.

Okay, not to every single circumstance, no. But this exact scenario described in the OP is accurate in some cases. Alot? YES. I know of Mexicans who work the system like this. They drive nice ass cars and have nice ass tv's and surround sound systems, and iPhones. They can afford it because they don't pay taxes, they don't have to pay for groceries, and they get free healthcare. I am a legal tax-paying citizen, and what do I have? None of the things mentioned above. Do I want them? Not necessarily, but I wouldn't not want them. I deserve to have a chance to pursue happiness in this country in the form of materialistic greed, just like every American. But I don't because I can barely make ends meet.

My problem is not that I don't have lots of money or material things. My problem is that my finances catch up to me every few months and I have to overdraw my checking account and still be late on several bills by a week. Then the late fees eat me alive, plus the overdraft fees. I have to work 6-10 hours of overtime every week for 4 weeks to get back on my feet enough to afford my groceries so that I can feed myself, my wife, and my 8 month old son.

The economic, political, and class system in this country is screwed.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
All you have to do is open your damn eyes and be aware of your surroundings. Or leave your house sometime. Your "proof" is all around you. Before you chastise the OP, take a look around.

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Does ATS really need to be the place to clutter with chain emails.

I'm going to have to ask you for proof of every single claim you just copy/pasted there.

Go ahead...I'll be waiting.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ponyboyats

I understand what you said. I am saying that I think it is wrong for immigrating legally to be that way. The system needs to be changed so that it isn't like that.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

Noone would do the jobs they do.. SUREEEEEEEEEEEE

How many people do you know, that are not mexican, are more than willing to pick fruit and earn minimum wage? I'd certainly like to know! None of my white friends would want to! I've asked them! They've all replied with, "f*ck that! Get someone else to do that!"

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by ker2010

IF Mexicans immigrants conducted themselves in the same manner as Canadians their wouldn't be any discussion about their being here!

Its not because some of them have brown skin, and people just cant come to grips with their skin colour...The problem is all in how they conduct themselves when they get here, PERIOD

THERE I SPELLED IT OUT FOR YOU!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The real answer is for them to stop running away from their problems and fix their country. Until they do? What are we going to do, move the whole country up here? When are the People of Mexico going to stand up for themselves instead of running away like rats from a ship?

Guess when Americans stand up to its government. But like Americans, Mexicans are just as divided as to what to do.

Furthermore, have you analyzed what role US foreign policy has had on Mexico? Just take the war on drugs alone, you can definitely see US involvement. The US is backing a war that is further hurting the average Mexican.

Closing the border is not racist.

I, for one, never said it was. What angers me is that people rather bash a group of individuals for something that has been overlooked(for the most part) by Americans and our government alike for many years. One really has to ask if this thread would even exist if the good times were still here?

Take your Lilly White butts to a Barrio run by MS13 and see how appreciative they are for your generosity. Better yet, try and drive a car across Mexico with US plates and no travel documents. See how well they like you. See if they give you money, a place to live, a job and free medical care. Go ahead and try it. I dare you.

MS-13 aren't Mexicans. But I could take you to some American gangs that would treat with the same hospitality as MS-13. Thugs are thugs no matter which country they come from.

As far as going into Mexico, isn't that the place many criminals take off to when they don't want to get caught. IMO, Mexico will probably treat worse than what the US treats the illegals here. But the US isn't supposed to lower the standards it portrays to the world.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

THERE I SPELLED IT OUT FOR YOU!

Your spelling sucks.

IF Mexicans immigrants conducted themselves in the same manner as Canadians their wouldn't be any discussion about their being here!

Wasn't aware Mexicans had to conduct themselves as Canadians?

The problem is all in how they conduct themselves when they get here, PERIOD

Guess Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness doesn't apply to Mexican immigrants

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

like i said before its all a big rigged system set up to be that way. from politics lawyers politicians to stock market, drug war, hollywood, corporations etc. its all controlled and its the way its meant to be. that's what has to be changed, illegal imigrations is tip of a big ass iceberg.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Nobody waited, Jam. A couple of years ago, Bush & the Congress (don't remember if it was after the 06 elections or not) tried to push amnesty through. People raised so much hell, they crashed Congress' switchboards. People have been ranting & raving about illegals since the 80s. It has always been an issue because the corporations & the affluent hire illegals- they make they hefty campaign donations, so nothing is done. After Reagan's amnesty bill, things settled down some- car thefts dropped back down & crime dropped back a little bit, but that was about it. Gradually, it has gotten worse & worse and a couple of years ago, the hardcore drug violence started on the border, followed by kidnappings of US citizens in Mexico & now, inside the US, too. Nuevo Laredo- just across the border from Laredo, Texas, went through 2 or 3 sheriffs in ONE DAY because they kept getting killed.
This isn't new. In the late 70s & early 80's, it became more aware because some blonde kids on Spring Break were kidnapped & chopped up.
It's getting louder because it's getting worse. Maybe that's why it seems to you that it wasn't happening until now.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join