It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Joe Legal” and “Jose Illegal”

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Uhhhg Mexican is not a race! If you happen to live around or have even traveled into Mexico and not the border cities then you would know that many Mexicans are White, many have a multi racial background. My neighbors are Mexican with the wife being of the Spanish variety and their little boy has red hair. People that yell racist are just plain ignorant, that is all.

Now, these illegal Mexican immigrants are seriously damaging our society and are undermining our laws, laws that every nation has. We tell the Vietnamese to fill out the paper work and wait in line, sometimes they are even allowed to wait in line while living here on a visa, yet we send the opposite message to Mexicans. Mexico is not a place where people starve to death or whose gov't tramples their rights to the degree of many countries, Mexico actually does pretty good compared to most third world countries. I have Cambodian friends that laugh at "Mexican hardships". If they want to come here, no one is going to say no they can't, only that they follow the process just as my girlfriend and her whole family did when they came from Brazil. They spit in our face when they ignore that step and just walk across the border.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by ALlENATlON]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am from AMERICA but dam. I wish I was Jose Illegal making all that kind of money

I wish I was born in mexico and got to be rich ...sounds like the American way ..FREE DO DAMMM

[edit on 13-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ALlENATlON

Now, these illegal Mexican immigrants are seriously damaging our society and are undermining our laws, laws that every nation has. We tell the Vietnamese to fill out the paper work and wait in line, sometimes they are even allowed to wait in line while living here on a visa, yet we send the opposite message to Mexicans.

Pretty sure if Vietnam bordered the US, they wouldn't be waiting in line.

Amazes me when people say they are seriously damaging our society. I admit they contribute to certain problems, but serious damage.

Please tell me how illegals built up a 13 Trillion dollar and counting debt?

IMO, that is serious damage to our society.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Regardless of whether or not the information provided is accurate, there is a really easy way to fix this problem that no one wants to touch.

Enforcement on business owners. Who gave jose illegal a job? What if a law was passed that said, if you hire an illegal immigrant, the state will shut you down? No excuses, no sympathy. Hire someone without the proper documentation and you will no longer have a business.

Put the emphasis on the people who are putting the illegal immigrants to work. If they cant find jobs here, they wont come here.

Seems like an easy fix to me.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That 13 trillion dollars was Obama and that is debt that we will owe possibly damaging our future society. But if you can't see the strain the Illegals have put on our system then your only fooling yourself. The money to pay for all their needs doesn't come from nowhere like that 13 trillion, this is something we can see here in CA and I did say Society and not Economy which is only a part of a Society. They DO take most of the jobs where they are heavily populated and they DO commit most of the crime. They kill more, they rape more they bring practically ALL the drugs in here. They are ****ing up our Society is more like it.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

Originally posted by ker2010

Noone would do the jobs they do.. SUREEEEEEEEEEEE

How many people do you know, that are not mexican, are more than willing to pick fruit and earn minimum wage? I'd certainly like to know! None of my white friends would want to! I've asked them! They've all replied with, "f*ck that! Get someone else to do that!"

With an unemployment rate of almost 10th percent, I'm sure a good majority of those people would love the chance to earn income again. Minimum wage is more than no wage.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
OK

First: My name happens to be Jose, so while I understand your motive I find your juxtaposition offensive from the very beginning.

I might as well be Joe legal since the past 2 years have not been easy on my life financially, same as millions of others. And I take it you must be in the same bracket considering the tone of your writing.

I will spare you my story, but I can certainly tell you that those "illegals" for the most part deserve every ounce they get because they have passed their own struggles to get where they are. Frankly I am surprised that people still want to come here considering the hardships that one has to go through to make some money here lately.

The truth is that we have become complacent in the type of work we americans like to actually do for the low pay that is offered. I would dare SWCCFAN to try being in an illegal's shoe for a day and see then if they have it as easy as it was implied in this post.

The problem I have with your post is that your anger is misplaced. Rather than taking it out on the ones that seem to be easy target in this case, think about what you would do if you were the owner of a company that really cares more about profits than giving the position to an american versus an illegal. Or even better yet, think about the companies that have closed shop here only to move them south or overseas to simply improve their bottom line.

Rather than resorting to racism, I suggest people who are angry about immigrants coming to this country start being nicer to those who will soon hold a majority of the population. You don't own this place, you never did. How do you think the natives felt when your ancestors started coming here taking things that did not belong to them and simply claimed as their property?

While I have been checking this site quite frequently since I found it because of the interesting post I see here. I must admit that it is quite disappointing to see more and more posts lately that seem to have a slightly racist undertone. Whatever, "yay freedom of speech," but I still believe that the anger I see here is misplaced.

I feel your pain, but I disagree with your reasoning.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I had to chime in on this. I've read alot of posts where people are actually defending the illegals on this and criticizing the op to provide proof of his claims and whatnot. Well, that's not the point here. The point is, and let me make it simple for some of you, is that illegals don't pay taxes. Is that so hard to understand? They are stealing our resources right from under our noses, and you are paying for it.

If that doesn't make you upset, than you don't believe in this country's principles. We simply cannot afford to pay for illegal immigrants to live here. Yeah I get the fact that there are American born citizens who don't pay taxes but guess what, they were born here and have the right to stay here. That's a completely seperate issue that needs dealt with as well, as we can't simply deport them somewhere.

So no, I'm not racist for believing this, I'm simply stating the obvious. These are the facts, that illegal Mexicans are, for the majority, stealing our resources and aren't willing to pay for it. If they come here illegally and are trying to work for the American dream, then at least they can participate in our civic duty to pay taxes. Maybe then we can at least come up with other solutions as to maybe helping them gain citizenship, but with no documentation we can't even know who is here and who isn't. This is obviously something I don't have answers to, but I can at least realize what is going on. Some of you need to open your eyes.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by piddles
obvious troll thread is obvious

these figures are pretty generous for Jose Illegal, makes me question whether or not this is biased, however upon further examination, it doesn't even matter because what kind of idiot posts a chain e-mail with no source as a topic?

HEY OP PASS DIS 2 10 PEOPLE N ALL UR DREAMZ WILL COME TRU, IF U DONT ULL DIE TRU STORY

No facts, no figures, just a chain e-mail. This is what makes the front page these days? Have to agree with you on this point.

I know a few illegals. They don't seem to be living too high off the hog, to put it in the country way. In fact, one woman I know sleep on the floor with her two sisters because their kids must have the bed (and they should sleep on the bed). Sounds like a life to envy

my family on my mom's side came here illegally. Most of them either went back or are here and are dirt poor. Ironically, my older relatives who gained their citizenship are doing okay but only because of small time drug dealing (and since the cartel has killed 2 family members, and an old family friend, they've been getting the message and cutting that S^% out).

I feel for the immigrants, I really do, my mom came here with NOTHING and managed to get legal, raise 3 smart children, and own a house. It's a shame that most of them will never do the same or even be close to making that a reality for themselves. I agree it's a problem and that helping them in anyway is a crime, I also feel so hurt at the disdain in everyone's tone in addressing it, like they're not even people.

every "GET THESE DAMN MECKSIKENZ OUTTA MAH DAMN COUNTRY" type of comments, however strong I appear on the outside, make me feel like less of a person inside.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

They DO take most of the jobs where they are heavily populated and they DO commit most of the crime. They kill more, they rape more they bring practically ALL the drugs in here. They are ****ing up our Society is more like it.

Drugs come in because Americans are hooked on them. Supply and demand.

Last I checked, and this was right around when the economy started going bad, illegals made up 5% of the entire workforce. That means 95% went to Americans. Most were in agriculture, restaurants, and construction.

The rest of your post is even worth responding to.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kevpa

The point is, and let me make it simple for some of you, is that illegals don't pay taxes.

One got to be donating one's money to the cartels if one truly believes you can live in America and not pay taxes.

One is basically taxed left and right.

Why don't you look up the social security earnings suspense file?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

You know what piddles, it isn't so black and white, personally I care fore Mexicans and befriend them if I can see that they are decent people, but they can't just come in here illegally. If they have to struggle in America because they are illegal then whose fault is that? And for every 1 well meaning Mexican there are 3 with nefarious intentions, you know why that is? Because they arnt being filtered when come in here illegally and even the well natured ones undermine the system and set a bad example. If they all were forced to follow the process then we would have a lot of Mexicans here still but they would all be suitable to contribute to our society.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

They DO take most of the jobs where they are heavily populated and they DO commit most of the crime. They kill more, they rape more they bring practically ALL the drugs in here. They are ****ing up our Society is more like it.

Drugs come in because Americans are hooked on them. Supply and demand.

Last I checked, and this was right around when the economy started going bad, illegals made up 5% of the entire workforce. That means 95% went to Americans. Most were in agriculture, restaurants, and construction.

The rest of your post is even worth responding to.

seriously! The "War on Drugs" is one of the biggest hoaxes every played on the American people. The gov't keeps the drugs they don't dispose of publicly and redistributes them, and busts the redistribute-rs, rinse, repeat

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by otihconip

Rather than resorting to racism, I suggest people who are angry about immigrants coming to this country start being nicer to those who will soon hold a majority of the population. You don't own this place, you never did. How do you think the natives felt when your ancestors started coming here taking things that did not belong to them and simply claimed as their property?

I feel your pain, but I disagree with your reasoning.

2 Immigrants with a birthrate of 4 will produce 100+ descendants in 80 years.
20 million immigrants with a birthrate of 4 will produce over 1 billion descendants in 80 years.
How come nobody gets the facts?
We have a defacto amnesty which will soon be a dejure amnesty.
Then comes the open border and union with Mexico.
It is inevitable.
They will run most of the government in a few years.

The Chinese are the only ones who understand population growth but they are not Catholic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Just to add to my first post.

Where are all of you who complain when we had the option to tax those mega corporations that make the most of the money and pay the least back to the government?

Where is all the money that oil companies could be paying the government, but don't because they are exempt?

Believe me, there are plenty of illegals who are actually paying taxes in hopes that once they do become citizens the government might show some leniency. I don't see the government protesting that.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Niccawhois

Guess Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness doesn't apply to Mexican immigrants

Guess Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness doesn't apply to ILLEGAL Mexican immigrants

Fixed.....

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

No, drugs come in because of our lousy border security. Doesn't matter that Americans like drugs, that is a very stupid excuse. They shouldn't be coming in is the point.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Problem is that government won't deal with the issue. The issue isn't just dealing with the illegals, it is a whole boat load of issues from the war on drugs, visas, border security to helping Mexico and South America prosper.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
WOW. This is HIGHLY inaccurate. I know certain people who are ILLEGAL and they pay taxes, and the only reason they pay taxes is because they have been living in the US for over 10+ F***en years! I think you should interview ILLEGALS on the amount of certain years they have been living in USA. Don't expect that every illegal in this god damn country does not pay taxes, gets food stamp, etc. You are simply saying that every illegal complies to your post and that is completly wrong.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

No, drugs come in because of our lousy border security. Doesn't matter that Americans like drugs, that is a very stupid excuse. They shouldn't be coming in is the point.

Only stupid cause you call it stupid. Imagine all those American druggies suddenly becoming clean. Imagine all the lost money in incarceration, lawyers and courts fees, fines. Imagine the CIA with less money.

Drugs come in because there is money to be made. No Security is going to stop that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join