It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Census taker

page: 4
4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrampsLEn

Originally posted by FiatLux
reply to post by Blanca Rose
 


Well, as my daughter just put it, it is because of these people, they have to hire people like my daughter, which in turn, causes your tax dollars to be waisted on this. Nice huh? 13 bucks an hour is her pay.



[edit on 13-5-2010 by FiatLux]


My daughter is a level 2 here in NJ. She is making $17.25. Guess the fed pays different rates for different parts of the country.


I`ll have to tell her, and I know she will have a few words with them about it. Thanks for the info.




posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
imo the census has been the law for years. Last week a census worker showed up at my house and I invited this poor woman (driving an old clunker) into my house (couldn't come in because that's the rules) and answered all her very simple questions with straight answers so she could do her job and move on to the next.

This woman was like scared to even come knock on my front door initially, she sat in front of my mail box for almost 15 minutes before getting out to knock.

Same thing occurred in 2000. Both times, I had put the census form aside and forgotten to mail it in. This woman had a job to do, a very simple one, and I asked her how many others around here had forgotten to send in the form. She said she had 20 households.... on my street alone, which meant just about half of the neighborhood.

It seems as if so many people here view the census as some sort of hostile takeover of their life. Of course the USG is monitoring everything, don't you already know that? You post here freely thinking that your ISP doesn't record your packet traffic to and from ats??? Like you can really be anonymous? What about your county records that document everything related to the ownership of your house? And then you file income tax. Now you want to take it out on some person taking the federal census - do a job that you won't do yourself?

These days it takes some serious guts to knock on the door of a persons house that didn't send in a form to the federal govt. Why criticize these people when you wouldn't take the job yourself in the first place? They're simply following instructions and being careful from a growing hostile attitude against their government.

This negative attitude is simply uncalled for imo, and the workers should be applauded for having enough guts to do the job. I know I'm gonna get flamed, but you people that file taxes, that flame these people should be ashamed of yourselves. You're treating the human race doing a simple job like dirt.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by Symp EL
 


You know, actually, after reading you opening post about this (twice), I have to say that I think you are being a jerk about the whole thing.

So, what are you proving by not answering questions?

If I was your neighbor, and some census person showed up at my door because of you, it wouldn't be pretty.

Handle your own crap!

edit for clarification



[edit on 13-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]


You're weird. What control do I have of a census worker going to my neighbors door? He was very offended by how rude she was. Then when I finally meet her she is still rude.

I complained to the census office and my congressman's office.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

They could have sent in the original form, but chose not to. If they had filled out the form from the mail, nobody would have had to have a face to face. Plain and simple.


From my OP:

I told her we mailed in the form, but that I would answer the same questions again.


What is it you don't understand? Don't let your anger consume you on a forum. I can only imagine what you are like in person.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
One showed up here last week. Went next door to my friend's house (they did the form) asked questions, and then- the next part just plain bothers me. She pointed to my place (unmowed because the mower crapped out, and I was trying to get it fixed somewhere), and the place on the other side of my friend's house, which OBVIOUSLY has no one living in it, and asks: "Are (both places) unoccupied?"

Whuh?!

First off- to ask a question of a place that has grass so high, you expect African animals wandering out, "is it occupied" is bad enough, but to wonder about my place, where the grass is just grown up? I read the census FAQ online, and they are ONLY to be concerned with the address they are at, not anywhere else. It's made me suspicious, and not a little paranoid. Not to mention, there's a world of difference between some overgrown grass and basically a house rotting in the middle of it's own forest....

There's also a twist in the tale: Across the street from me IS an unoccupied house- the lawn is being kept up by someone. Not one thing was said about there, if this person was 'checking out unoccupied houses' for the census. It smacks to me of 'are these places abandoned, and can they be used for some nefarious purpose'.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekatI read the census FAQ online, and they are ONLY to be concerned with the address they are at, not anywhere else.


I have been trying to find a reference to this on the census site. Can you please provide a link?



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
After the attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese.
Census information submitted to the government
was used to round up Japanese Americans to
be put in internment camps for 2.5 yrs.

After working 2.5 yrs for the gov in these
camps, they received a $25.00 severance
check and a bus ticket home, if they had one left.

Trust the gov if u want to

but we'll see if those folks in the FEMA
Camps sent in their census forms, wont we ???


This has been the best post so far.I didn't turn in my forms
either.The government already knows this information.
Besides,I have a really bad feeling about this census.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarathustria
 


The form I received in the mail also wanted
your social security number as well.My husband
wanted me to fill it out and mail it in,I didn't.
Something smells fishy here and it's not my cat food
cans either!



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Symp EL
 


Census taker linky



On May 1st, census takers will begin going to door-to-door to roughly 48 million households that did not mail back their forms. They will also verify that housing units indicated as "unoccupied" to us by the postal service or others are indeed unoccupied and vacant.


With a clarification: *I* sent in my census form- overgrown yard and all- so what she's trying to prove by asking about an obviously wild yard, and mine, where I'd be pointed out as having a body there *On her clipboard*- it makes me VERY suspicious. And yet, completely ignoring the house across the street that is also unoccupied, and surely on her list of 'check me s'

[edit on 14-5-2010 by wylekat]



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Symp EL
 


I had the census lady come to my house she was very polite in her 50s, I offered her some water and answered her questions.... She gave me a strange look when I she asked our race and I said American =) but she marked it down



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
After reading the claims that the census bureau identified Japanese citizens, and not believing it, during WWII I quickly googled and came up with this link: www.usatoday.com...

It appears that the "Second Wars Power Act" allowed the census to 'legally' disclose this information.

Being the lazy person I am, and not having read it, I do wonder if the current day Patr Act allows such disclosures as well.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
I have to step into this, as my daughter of 34, is a follow up enumerator for the Census.

I do not understand why they asked your race. That has nothing to do with the Census at all. ALL THEIR JOB IS TO DO IS COUNT HEADS. That is all. It is for your district representation in Washington. They need to know if there are enough in your district that they may be able to add another rep for your district. Plus, it tells Washington, that if there are more people there, the amount of funding you get will go up.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by FiatLux]


Not true FiatLux, as the race question is ON the census form. I'm sure you've filled it out and should know this, as I didn't do it, and was asked. I still have the form, if you want me to photo it and paste it here. Please your comments are good here, but the technicalities are out of order with the first part of this thread.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Zarathustria
 


The form I received in the mail also wanted
your social security number as well.My husband
wanted me to fill it out and mail it in,I didn't.
Something smells fishy here and it's not my cat food
cans either!


Please, photo or scan the part of the CENSUS form that asks for an SSN and post it here?

Stop lying. Crap like this makes one want to hate ats people.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Symp EL
 


I had the census lady come to my house she was very polite in her 50s, I offered her some water and answered her questions.... She gave me a strange look when I she asked our race and I said American =) but she marked it down


Obviously you don't know what RACE means? American is not a race, it's a nationality! DOH!



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by Symp EL
 


Census taker linky



On May 1st, census takers will begin going to door-to-door to roughly 48 million households that did not mail back their forms. They will also verify that housing units indicated as "unoccupied" to us by the postal service or others are indeed unoccupied and vacant.


With a clarification: *I* sent in my census form- overgrown yard and all- so what she's trying to prove by asking about an obviously wild yard, and mine, where I'd be pointed out as having a body there *On her clipboard*- it makes me VERY suspicious. And yet, completely ignoring the house across the street that is also unoccupied, and surely on her list of 'check me s'

[edit on 14-5-2010 by wylekat]


So, you're saying she asked your neighbor about YOUR wild yard, to see if anything lived there right? Perhaps she was concerned for her safety? Heck considering your attitude here, I'd definitely be seriously concerned about my safety in your neighborhood being a census worker. Gawd, give these poor saps a break! Your entire post is here-say based on what your neighbors told you, and wouldn't hold up in a court of nothing!



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symp EL

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by Symp EL
 


You know, actually, after reading you opening post about this (twice), I have to say that I think you are being a jerk about the whole thing.

So, what are you proving by not answering questions?

If I was your neighbor, and some census person showed up at my door because of you, it wouldn't be pretty.

Handle your own crap!

edit for clarification



[edit on 13-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]


You're weird. What control do I have of a census worker going to my neighbors door? He was very offended by how rude she was. Then when I finally meet her she is still rude.

I complained to the census office and my congressman's office.


And I'm really like quite sure they cared, gave you free tickets to a Lynrd Skynrd concert and told you to soak your census pains in a bucket of Budweiser.
Hmmm, did you at least receive some condolences for your census issues from the census office or your congressman? NOT! Unlikely your efforts did any good either.

Btw, you, your parents and or grandparents voted in the people that created the census in the first place. So why are you so adverse to something your own kinfolk helped to create? This ain't Obama, it certainly isn't Bush, or the CIA, it was created by legislation of a country that you supposedly support, with representatives, that your family roots (for or against) put in office.

If I were a census worker going to your house (knowing your attitude), I'd simply report back that the martians landed and stole it, and there was nobody to count!

So much easier than dealing with people of your ilk!



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I made no effort to fill out the questionnaire and I believe mine did ask for family SSN. Why? Pfft...I have no idea. So I will wait for the (un)friendly census taker to knock on the door and give them the number of occupants in the house. Nothing more, nothing less.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tectonic

Originally posted by FiatLux
I have to step into this, as my daughter of 34, is a follow up enumerator for the Census.

I do not understand why they asked your race. That has nothing to do with the Census at all. ALL THEIR JOB IS TO DO IS COUNT HEADS. That is all. It is for your district representation in Washington. They need to know if there are enough in your district that they may be able to add another rep for your district. Plus, it tells Washington, that if there are more people there, the amount of funding you get will go up.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by FiatLux]


Not true FiatLux, as the race question is ON the census form. I'm sure you've filled it out and should know this, as I didn't do it, and was asked. I still have the form, if you want me to photo it and paste it here. Please your comments are good here, but the technicalities are out of order with the first part of this thread.


Now that you say it, yes, it is on it, but, as I stated before, you DO NOT HAVE TO ANSWER that question. And no, you won`t go to jail if you don`t answer it. As I stated before, the main point of it, is the head count, and nothing more. Why do they want to know everything else, the purpose of it? Just picture the old busy body down the street, you know, the one who just has to know what everyone else is doing......that, is your government.

As for my technicalities being out of order, no, there not, my daughter takes care of doing mine, so, as for that question being on the form, I had forgotten that it was on the form. And as for if she filled that part out, no she didn`t, she just put the head count.

My daughter is coming over today, and I will get with her on some of these questions.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There has to be two census forms. On my form I only had the birthdate question and on my girlfriends it had the social security question



posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tectonic

And I'm really like quite sure they cared, gave you free tickets to a Lynrd Skynrd concert and told you to soak your census pains in a bucket of Budweiser.
Hmmm, did you at least receive some condolences for your census issues from the census office or your congressman? NOT! Unlikely your efforts did any good either.

Btw, you, your parents and or grandparents voted in the people that created the census in the first place. So why are you so adverse to something your own kinfolk helped to create? This ain't Obama, it certainly isn't Bush, or the CIA, it was created by legislation of a country that you supposedly support, with representatives, that your family roots (for or against) put in office.

If I were a census worker going to your house (knowing your attitude), I'd simply report back that the martians landed and stole it, and there was nobody to count!

So much easier than dealing with people of your ilk!


Did you read my OP? I filled out the form and offered to answer the same questions. I am not against it.

If you could kindly let me know what schools you went to so I can keep my children from them I would appreciate it. Your reading comprehension skills are awful.

My congressman did help, or at least his office did. Within 24 hours I received a call from the census office informing me that they received my mailed form and that they were contacted by my congressman's office regarding the issue.

I was simply starting a conversation on this board. I was not claiming a conspiracy regarding the census.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join