It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census taker

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

And your not? When you make a statement like you did about my daughter, that puts you in that boat.

And all because you don`t have clue one of what your talking about.

if there ever was an ignorant statement, you made it.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

In trouble for what? Stating what I think?

You have threatened, basically another person by way of your remarks on a census taker packing a gun.

I think you have to worry, my friend.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I see no need for an archaic head count.

Tax filers give all the information necessary. If someone doesnt file then screw that county and give the funds to those that pay for it!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Are you being serious? The OP didn't send the census worker over there or anything. The census worker came once, the OP wasn't there, then she went to the neighbors, then she went back to the OP's house, the OP answered the door.

How is it the OP's fault that the census worker was harassing the neighbor again?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Are you being serious? The OP didn't send the census worker over there or anything. The census worker came once, the OP wasn't there, then she went to the neighbors, then she went back to the OP's house, the OP answered the door.

How is it the OP's fault that the census worker was harassing the neighbor again?

They could have sent in the original form, but chose not to. If they had filled out the form from the mail, nobody would have had to have a face to face. Plain and simple.

Yes, I am serious. If I got harassed because of a neighbor who didn't do it the first time, without a face to face, I'd be pissed, and I mean that from the heart.

My time is my time. Do you like unescesarry intrusions, because your neighbor is a jerk?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
After the attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese.
Census information submitted to the government
was used to round up Japanese Americans to
be put in internment camps for 2.5 yrs.

After working 2.5 yrs for the gov in these
camps, they received a $25.00 severance
check and a bus ticket home, if they had one left.

Trust the gov if u want to

but we'll see if those folks in the FEMA
Camps sent in their census forms, wont we ???

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That is great information to know, so, it explains why some people are dead set against it.

Do you suppose only people who have something to fear refuse it, like illegals?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I read somewhere that the census information was the means by which the Nazis identified the Jews and other 'undesirables' during the war, making their job much easier when it came to rounding them up.
All accessible due to the wonderful technology of IBM, who have, in case some of you don't know, developed the implantable RFID chip which is causing a great deal of concern to many people.
They are also responsible for a great deal of the surveillance technology which many people consider intrusive into their private lives at the moment.

www.youtube.com...

Edit to add link

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Illegal Alien]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illegal Alien

I read somewhere that the census information was the means by which the Nazis identified the Jews and other 'undesirables' during the war, making their job much easier when it came to rounding them up.

America is not a nazi state.

The government needs the information to be able to provide protection to illegals from American citizens.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

As my daughter just said, if they didn`t check to see if one was already sent in, then that is to bad for the government. She said it tells you how stupid the system can be at times.

Hello,
To go with an earlier post of yours describing how some census takers have to go to the local court in some cases...And this one tells how stupid the system is; overall.

Let me explain. If the court has records in existence, why are census takers knocking on doors? It's a huge waist of tax-payer resources.

This isn't pointed at you personally. Your input coincides with the way I wanted to address the issue. I'm just tired of watching my tax dollars being spent on "four-hundred dollar hammers."

ETA...And if the census is just to put people to work for six weeks every ten years?...There are innumerable ways to keep people on the books, every year all year long, and make better use of tax dollars.

Investigative journalism should be one I can think of off the top of my head. Editors to fix the sentences formed by people who write even better than I do, another job slot filled. Oh, I'm on a roll!!!

[edit on (5/13/1010 by loveguy]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I just filled out the Number of people that resided my house. A census worker came by the last week of April and My Wife Told them the same thing. They left just saying ok.

Iam sure they put Us on a list.

But if they Want some Get some.

Molon Labe!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

As my daughter just said, if they didn`t check to see if one was already sent in, then that is to bad for the government. She said it tells you how stupid the system can be at times.

Hello,
To go with an earlier post of yours describing how some census takers have to go to the local court in some cases...And this one tells how stupid the system is; overall.

Let me explain. If the court has records in existence, why are census takers knocking on doors? It's a huge waist of tax-payer resources.

Actually the whole thing smells of a universal ID/bank card.

The problem with a universal ID/Bank card is that they can erase you from the system and make you a non-entity if you become a problem.

Submit or you're out on the street. House gone, assets gone, income gone, family gone ... You become a non-entity.

Resistance is futile.

Dissent will not be tolerated.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

The problem I can see is, in that ten year period between Census updates is, many babies are born, and many deaths occur, and the old Census is out of date by then. Now, with that in mind, they would still need people to do a yearly update to all the records, to cover both births and deaths. Now, which is more cost effective, once a year, or every ten years? As for it being done just for the Census jobs, no, as it`s only for a small amount of time, and it only happens every ten years, so it is looked at as a part time job.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Now, which is more cost effective, once a year, or every ten years?

What is most cost effective is to issue a universal ID/bank card. Match up a social security number with a retinal scan done at an ATM.

If you haven't pissed off the wrong people the machine issues you money.

If you have pissed off the wrong people the machine issues a death warrant for you.

And the people who obey and submit, do whatever the machine tells them to do.

"Submit to the machine or you get no money."

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
To those of you that think there is nothing wrong with the census-

Do you know what happened to all the Japanese Americans who filled out there census in WW2? Each and every one was rounded up and taken to camps, door to door after the bombing of pearl harbor. They knew where each and every Japanese family was because they filled out that question on the census. My husbands great grandmother was one of those people taken to a concentration camp. Do some research people come on! If it's a head count, fine. But anything else is just wrong!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
My household never did get a census questionnaire nor did my daughter who lives behind me in a trailer.

2 days ago a census worker came by and asked me if I turned in my questionnaire, I told the man no, that I didn't receive one. He said well, they usually hang them on the door handle if no one is at home . I told him that there is always someone here because my mother lives with me and that I have to take care of her because she is dying with cancer. But anyway, I answered his questions and I told him my daughter lived in the trailer behind me that he could go up there and get her information since she didn't receive one either.
This is what I thought to be kind of weird.. He said well, she isn't on the list and that only the house was showing on their map.. So he didn't need her info.

What the heck? I said okie dokie and the man left....

I'm just wondering how many times this happens and how many people are not actually counted..?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm actually working for the census this year as a Followup Enumerator.. I'm doing it for the money that the government gives me for doing it.

I don't have a hidden agenda, I don't go door to door to get my GPS locator beacon set on top of your house, or to prepare the microchip production for the amount of Americans living at each residence. I don't even ask any really relevant questions.

My questionnaire is about 12 questions long, and it is the easiest thing to answer if you just give me the time of day. The most intrusive question I have probably is either my DOB question or the status of how you pay for your place of residence.

People like you are what set this country into a mass hysteria at the beginning of every problem. You are confused, paranoid little puppies, running around like you just stubbed your toe or something. You can take a damn needle found on your carpet, and somehow make it the NWO's fault that it got there.

I'm not trying to bash, but as a census worker, I really wish this mass hysteria about the census being taken to try and get your asses all on a leash for the supposed NWO and TPTB. This entire process has happened time and time again over the past 220 years. And you creating "mass hysteria" isn't making my job any easier.

Get off of your paranoid train, and actually figure out that your phone falling off your desk wasn't the result of a HAARP experiment on your brain.

-Zarathustria

[edit on 5/2010/14 by Zarathustria]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
All I was asked by the census worker was how many people in household, and their birthday.

That was it. I was told by people that this questionnaire was really gonna be long and personal.. It wasn't..

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The Census Bureau, the United States and every so called government agency is nothing but a private corporation. They are not lawful government they are what is called de facto There hasn't been a lawful census since at least 1935.

You are not obligated to answer or deal with these people or this corporation. Even if they were lawful they have no right to trespass on your property without your permission. They have not right to enter you home either.

Stop letting fear rule your life and for once stand up for yourself and you natural rights to not to be enumerated, harassed or trespassed and send these people packing! No one has ever been prosecuted for refusing because they know it is voluntary. The so called law making it mandatory is not a law it is a corporate policy statute. The police cannot come in your home without a warrant and you think these people have the right to. Wake up folks!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Blanca Rose

Well, as my daughter just put it, it is because of these people, they have to hire people like my daughter, which in turn, causes your tax dollars to be waisted on this. Nice huh? 13 bucks an hour is her pay.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by FiatLux]

My daughter is a level 2 here in NJ. She is making $17.25. Guess the fed pays different rates for different parts of the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join