It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe tells Britain not to ask for help in a crisis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I also think the reaction is very childish, i don't hope the speculator sharks are smelling this [for thefuture], they sure didn't forget their victory in the 1992 EMS crisis where they played out the Mark against the Pound, eventually the British had to pull out and the UK government lost a lot of Pound against these scumbag speculators/banks.[can't we just place them against the wall and shoot them?].The Euro was probably a lot stronger with the Pound "in it".
On the other hand, it was not really about Greece, but the Euro and unity, i hope Cameron is more solidary with the continent and not just for trade profits, good riddance Brown is gone..

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry but aren't 3 out the 5 world biggest banks British? (Royal Bank of Scotland (1), Barclays (4) and HSBC (5)). Do you really think that the EU or another combination of countries wont help the UK if needed, which i doubt will occur. There is too much at stake since London is the financial capitol of the world, all markets would seriously suffer. Its one thing Greece falling but the USA or UK to fall is a different kettle of fish altogether.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Ok..

Sorry to be the one that points out that most of you have been jumping the Gun here..

But where has there been an official Statement made by the EU or France?

A "FORMER" French politician makes a comment and all of a sudden its the Brits against the EU?

Jean-Pierre Jouyet, a former French Europe minister and the current chairman of France's financial services authority, yesterday predicted only "God would help" a rudderless Britain after it snubbed its euro zone neighbours

Does anyone on this bloody site ever read the articles that are being quoted before jumping to conclusions?

And I would also like to point out that the Telegraph is a deeply Euro Sceptic British Newspaper that regularly runs these types of speculative stories in order to sell to their customer base who are also Euro Sceptic..

And In my personal opinion, I think it would have been fitting for the UK to offer some assistance especially seeing as they have so much riding on the stability of the EURO.. I think it was short sighted and essentially extremely British (The insulting variation of the word).

But each to their own.. It is probably a good idea for the UK to do as much as it can to distance itself from the EU now seeing as the EUROZONE looks like it is going to look very similar to a country over the next couple of years.. And the EU wants to regulate UK banks - Which could have disastrous effects on the income for the UK through the criminal actions of those in the Square Mile..

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by oozyism

So in the end how does this affect you? I'm just curious whats your angle on this situation? Why do you care? Are you not more worried about Defending Iran?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

LOL you have a HALO update avatar ^^

How does this affect me? I don't know, it doesn't, nothing affects me, my life is pretty isolated from all these world wide events, too bad I live in NZ.

I guess none of these affects NZ, or my future wellbeing. Too bad NZ is amongst the common wealth nations.

And may I ask how this concerns you?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Helping Euro is like putting out a fire by throwing money at it. I don't think it has anything to do with nationalism. Britain will probably bail on EU, they don't want to play any more. They took refugees from broken countries into UK and Canada and now they're expected to just hand them over bags of cash....

I'd love to see Greece recovering, but the "bailout" isn't that.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

reply to post by stumason

The french can take a long walk off a short pier!

You mean they can take a long walk off a short Pierre don't you?

It's just the bloody French impotently blustering on again, as usual. You know they're not happy unless they're whingeing about something, it's when they're quiet you want to be worried, that's when they're plotting something!

As previously stated, we have already given money in aid to a financial system that we previously refused, because we saw the shortcommings of it and refused to bow to the EU bullies (anyone remember Ireland being forced to vote again after a no vote?) and to a system that we do not utillise. Why should we give them any more?

Either way and regardless of the outcome of the elections, we are in for a painful time on our little Isle over the next few years.

Anyway, Britain has fought her way out of financial collapse before and I'm sure we still have the fight to do it again. Screw the EU, I never wanted to play with their ball anyway.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Joining the Nazi EU was the worst thing the UK ever did, we should have just stayed out of it and signed a free trade agreement and we likely wouldn't have the #hole of a country we have now due to all the EU regulations imposed upon us.

I say screw them, IF and it's a big if the UK did end up going down the financial crapper like Greece then we will be bailed out, the UK is too important to be allowed to go into financial ruin!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

reply to post by stumason

The french can take a long walk off a short pier!

You mean they can take a long walk off a short Pierre don't you?

Good Humour!!!!

Typical French statement this, they get themselves into trouble and its everyone else’s fault except their own.

My dad always used to complain about how Britain over extended courtesy to Europe. His analogy was..

Britain is like a man with a large pot of gold with a queue of poor people lining up for a hand out, Britain gives each poor person a gold coin.... after a little while England is now in line with the rest....

I quite agree with him, there is no room for good Samaritanship in today’s economic climate!!

The French made their own beds, now they can lay in it!!

Korg.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
See what you get for 1944. No good deed goes unpunished. Tell the EU to FO.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
And here come us evil americans too save the day again....yawn.

Im tired of us bailing out you brits.....and wait do we get in retunr...hate and scorn.

You people still cant let go of the american revolution can you...it was 300 yrs ago yo dolts get over it!

I mean.....i could understand if you were pissed about us.....the 'yanks' surpassing the british empire in power...i mean i could understand envy...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is just another reason that we should pull out of the European union! I'm not keen on the conservatives but I like their policy of " NO MORE POWERS TO BRUSSELS!". We lived without the European union for hundreds of years i'm sure we could do it again.

And as for the French, How dare they treat us like this! they should remember 1914, 1939 and how Britain (with the help of the US) saved them for total annihilation. Typical french stance towards britain.

AHHHHHHHH i'm no xenophobe but I swear I can't stand the french
!! I guess its in my genes.

Peace, now wouldn't that be a fine thing.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire

You americans have got rich out of blowing up europe in ww2.

the wall street and london people have got rich of all these troubles and they are behind all this, so why shouldn't you be paying for all these problems.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Emphursis

Oh yes please, i have even made a topic on it asking should we leave the EU.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by tauempire

You americans have got rich out of blowing up europe in ww2.

the wall street and london people have got rich of all these troubles and they are behind all this, so why shouldn't you be paying for all these problems.

im fine with it as long as you brits admit to us being the better country. when you think about it...america is the evolution of the british empire..hmmm.

And fyi....we saved your butt during ww2.

God brits are a ungrateful lot.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

LOL thanks for the laugh.. not sure what the American revolution has to do with this thread, but I needed that laugh, cheers

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
And as for the French, How dare they treat us like this! they should remember 1914, 1939 and how Britain (with the help of the US) saved them for total annihilation. Typical french stance towards britain.

So one French man.. Not even in Government.. In absolutely no official way whatsoever, makes a comment about not helping the UK when the markets attack it.. And this was reported in one of the most ridiculously bias ways possible in a EuroSceptic British newspaper?

And all of a sudden, every French person is a dick?

Can any of you people even read?

This is the main reason why I am starting to love the idea of the EU.. It will get rid of the petty retarded nationalism that people like all the whiney complaining Gun Jumpers are doing in this thread..

I put forward the motion that every single person in this thread that has jumped to a conclusion based on nothing but their own petty emotions are the "Dicks".

FFS.. Sometimes I think we do as a species deserve to be wiped out for our own retarded-ness and small mindedness..

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And to think that the same tyranny that took hold of England because of the Banksters force the migration of people into the new world, bu then again it followed us here and now we in the US are not better when it comes to the bankster hold.

Doesn't anybody see the reason for the EU? to control the wealth of the countries they will have under their foot? and to enslave them with debt and loans, while dictating how their governments are to run their nations, taking their sovereignty away

This is not about helping "other countries in need" this about protecting the elite in charge wealth.

UK should tell the EU to go and scratch a monkey.

Here in the US we are just bending more for the banskters in charge with help from our corrupted government

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Shocked at some of the responses on this thread and its very disappointing that ATS is full of complaints about the evil elite and bankers yet we cant even discuss on a thread without throwing insults around and making comments like 'saved your butt'. So did you personally fight in WW2, sad v.sad we cant get over our past and work together as members of the human race, I am a human who happens to reside in the UK, what possible hope do we have for the future.

As to the thread, totally agree with the earlier post, right wing sceptic newspaper posting a story to rattle the sabre for readers and goad the exact response we have seen on this thread, like supping tea in a middle England country village surrounded by Times and Mail reading rich white folk. The whole world is financial interconnected and if Sterling goes down the Euro is dead, no two ways about it. I think the French chap needs to understand that we sold our Gold reserves and invested in the Euro, if there is a run on Sterling I wonder what the government would do to prop sterling up....mmm ! We are a massive contributor to European trade, www.statistics.gov.uk..., if Sterling dives and the Euro maintains its value we are all going to have to shop locally and that will not be good for Europe. You cant have one without the other.

iF The UK economy tanks so does the Euro, they would have no choice. Besides the UK is a member (of course) of the IMF, so if we tank we will go cap in hand to the IMF......we did it last time round with the Tories, don't see why we would not do it again. We put the money into the IMF fund as part of the basket of currencies, then we lend it back to ourselves, with interest !! Madness I say, Madness.........

Oh, and as its a conspiracy site its interesting how the only party advocating entry to the Euro has suddenly gone from having less than 1/10th of the government seats to being a joint partner in Government.....mmm ?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Ohh thats one thing I forgot to mention...

It's not all of a sudden

Korg.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

So one French man.. Not even in Government.. In absolutely no official way whatsoever, makes a comment about not helping the UK when the markets attack it.. And this was reported in one of the most ridiculously bias ways possible in a EuroSceptic British newspaper?

Can any of you people even read?

This is the main reason why I am starting to love the idea of the EU.. It will get rid of the petty retarded nationalism that people like all the whiney complaining Gun Jumpers are doing in this thread..

I put forward the motion that every single person in this thread that has jumped to a conclusion based on nothing but their own petty emotions are the "Dicks".

FFS.. Sometimes I think we do as a species deserve to be wiped out for our own retarded-ness and small mindedness..

Well then Dermo I guess you have never heard of the "special relationship" between Britain and France.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join