It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe tells Britain not to ask for help in a crisis

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I love europe and I hate arrogant bankers and their toadies who have been holding the world for ransom
way too long,so I´m a little surprised by the tenure of anti europeanism and pro toryism and god save
the queen and all her bloody money as well ism !
What´s wrong with more control over banks and national spending I would really like to know,but I guess in merry old ``england´´ its enough to tell the europeans to take a hike to get a big round of applause even if it means
that you will all continue to bleed for the bankers and their boys. So carry on my beloved british poeple
and feel smug in blissful ignorance...!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1

Originally posted by mclinking
reply to post by themaster1

i don't believe you're French, just winding people up. Next post in French please.
If you can!

mclinking

What's THIS then ?

Now get the hell out

Wow, you're brave. Any other details you want to put on the web?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Initially, I was going to take the high road and exert some self control.....but sod that!!

IMAGINE if Britain had said that when Mr Hitler Blitzkrieged their asses in 1939.....Don't come looking to us when you need help.

It's not the same of course, and it's 2011 of course, but hey. i tried self control!!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Britain have said no, and now they may be made to pay.

This wont end well for the coalition at all.
You all sit there bemoaning the French and Germans for trying to fix what the British and Americans caused, and when they come to some kind of system to hold the financial institutions accountable to a degree and make it easier to relieve the strain you get a Londoncentric tory knobhead run a million miles in the other direction to preserve the exact same way of doing business that caused this mess to begin with.

All Cameron has done has held the British taxpayer to ransom for the future of the British financial industry, be prepared to give more taxpayer money to your failing banks while they continue to not be held accountable and use your money to pay their 6 figure bonus'.The French guy is right, don't come looking for help when you need it as if you aren't prepared to be part of the solution(whether it actually solves anything is debatable anyway) then you're on your own.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Vitchilo

Be quiet..

You don't have anything of value to add but a tirade against the English because of my signature??

How petty are you?

Tell you what, to make it fair, tell me where you're from and I'll piss all over that, ok?

Best to ignore him really, Stumason. I've seen many of his tirades against England in the past. He sounds like a bitter ex-pat or something, definitely a chip on his shoulders for some reason, now everytime I see his name I imagine the name starting with a letter B instead of V.

A single currency for Europe was a stupid idea to begin with, this was bound to happen. I'm glad we still have our own currency but I'm sick of the EU dictating our own English laws e.c.t.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Bloody arrogant French idiot! Well as far as I am concerned France can let Germany swallow them up whole and # them out again this time round, then guess what DONT COME RUNNING TO UK FOR HELP!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Europe will eventually collapse anyway. They can do what they want to Britain but at the end of the day all countries economies are linked and if british banks go under, so will the rest of the world, especially europe.
Europe can not withstand a 2008 style crisis, they are on the edge and one little push will collapse the whole lot.
People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
We are all going to go under. All of us. The UK was damned if it did and damned if it didn't. The EU was ill conceived and run and the Eurozone even more so. I believe 'evil' is not too strong a word. It is too late to change the EU - even if the UK were to remain an 'insider'. Greece and Italy have been taken over by the unelected EU cabal and other countries are scared of their own shadows it seems. But I believe there is a lot more fallout to come. Will the populations of the Eurozone swallow the medicine that was agreed on their behalf? Don't forget all the recent 'agreements' have yet to be ratified.
Either we are going to see a massive implosion in Europe.
Or we are going to see the imposition of a Superstate (yet another step towards NWO).

edit on 11-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ive always heard a saying.

We might have beat Germany in During the War,. They will however beat us Brits through Peace.

How right was that.

As for the French. Blow up the channel tunnel. Kick out their ambassador. And tell Merkel's poodle where to go.

The UK has stood alone before, and has survived against all the odds. And we will do it again.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
No the populations probably wont, but that wont stop the goverments from going ahead. This is where we will see the myth of democrasy in all its falsehoods exposed. There will be riots and protests and much debate but in the end the goverments will do what they will do, regardless of the people who elected them, thus proving the inadequacy of the current electorial system.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HeavierThanLight

There is already riots and demonstrations over the EU Project. Will not make a difference.

As to those who say the UK has not helped out. May I remind you we helped out Ireland when it nearly went down the Tubes.

The UK put money into the IMF to help with the Euro Crisis as well as helping out with Greece. It comes the time to say enough is enough. We are not in the Euro sort it out yourselves.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Im with you 110 percent on this, personally I say we stick one giant collective finger up to the rest of Europe. We never wanted the Euro and we certainly dont want them telling us how noisy our lawnmowers are allowed to be, or what shape our bananas must be. They can fester in their own mess and arrogant foolishness.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Who cares what the Euro-peons say about anything.

I remember black Wednesday, we tried to join the Euro exchange mechanism and got absolutely attacked and assaulted by the speculators, where were the French and Germans then ?? sitting back watching er no...even walking away..er no, actively engaged in trying to destroy the Pound ?? er YES !

And it won't be us running anywhere for help this time, we've done all the hard choices, we are taking our austerity measures and we are not going to try and solve our debt problems by going for more debt unlike our stupid arrogant continental cousins.

Truth is without Germany, France is toast, they are using Germany to preserve their credit ratings.
Well lets see what happens to your credit ratings come Monday Sarkozy.
The markets will re-invest in the UK because we are doing what must be done, anyone still in Frankfurt will move to London or Geneva.

Any attempt by the EU to tax our Global trading will result in stern measures by our Financial industry, we will make the UK a virtual tax haven and Bridging economy so they will be coming to us for a loan.
We don't need fair weather friends who turn on us when they don't get what they want....Euro...Eur Fired !!

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There are a few things about this which trouble me. As I understand it, the main sticking point was the transaction tax. As London is the hub of European markets, it would be hit hard by any transaction tax.

So, lets get one thing clear, Cameron didn't "defend the people of Britain" as he is being lorded as doing, he was defending the corporate and banking interests of the elite.

If it does come down to this transaction tax, Cameron should be vowing to implement similar measures as the Eurozone, with the revenues from it being used within UK borders. But while our country is reveling in the propaganda of Cameron "defending" us, the ignorance to this rules supreme.

Funny how just recently our government was criticizing the "protectionism" of other countries, when this is effectively what we are now doing.

I'll admit that I would love to see the Euro go, and I do not believe we should have larger governance in the form of an unelected Euro state, but this decision by Cameron really has affected our security, partnerships, and all future trade with other EU nations.

If we could go back in time, I think it's clear that several things would not have been done. The most recent of them being the Anglo-French deal on sharing resources.

There really was no way Cameron could have played this to benefit Britain. Either way we are now screwed beyond belief. I think this will definitely be marked in the history books as the start of something catastrophic.

However, it's hard to say what will actually happen. The most astute amongst us know that this is now a controlled collapse, and that Greece, Spain, France, Italy and the UK are all going to have a major economic meltdown which will likely take the US $ down with it. Some are predicting that this will happen after Christmas and that all of this posturing is intended to do nothing more than boost the economy for the holiday period.

Whatever this event means for the UK, I predict that the € will be dead by August 2012 and that at least two European governments will be overthrown by their people before 2013. I've had that view for a few months now, and nothing is telling me neither will happen. They might be able to sporadically convince the markets that things are going good, but the people are just not buying it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yet the french were glad enough to take the loans they asked from Britain to keep their end of the first world war going, and they (french) have yet to pay those loans back! Glad of British help at the start of world war 2 as well,
ingrates (they probably invented the word)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The sun will still rise in the morning, well, being Britain the rain will still fall from the clouds. Whatever happens it is not the end of the world, the E.U. can complain all they like, to be honest I get the impression it is a system where France and Germany are taking on the role of the leaders for their own gain.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The original article was bemoaning the fact we were not joining the Eurozone bailout fund. Just as well really. We are not in the eurozone so why should we bail it out.

We pay into the IMF. If the world needs to bail the Eurozone out through the IMF we will be playing our part.

The latest shenanigans about treaty change are Sarkozys fault. It suits the french to have us on the sidelines of europe because now Germany has no counter to them. Its all going to fall down anyway, even if they get their 26 country accord it does nothing about the fact EVERYBODY is broke and there is no prospect of growth.

Regarding the petulant threat, British people are under no illusion. If we are ever in trouble the only people that can be relied upon are Americans and the commonwealth nations.

I will now list the times when continental europeans have assisted the UK....... [sound of crickets].

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Damn the bloody french and their "blame the English" attitude.

said by Jean-Pierre Jouyet, a former French Europe minister and the current chairman of France's financial services authority

"There is not a two speed Europe but a three speed Europe. You have Europe of the euro, Europe of the countries that understand the euro ... and you have the English,"

So, it's the English peoples fault, despite us having (at the time) a Scottish Chancellor and a Scottish PM? It's utterly amazing that it's just the English that get the bad name!

At the end of the day, they're just upset because their little experiment with a single currency has blown up in their face.

Awww, diddums..Poor wittle frenchman is getting mad... awww....

[edit on 12/5/10 by stumason]

Many past British prime ministers, have had traces of Scottish ancestry within their backgrounds. And believe it or not, a small number of former PM's also had traces of Irish ancestry. Not sure having had previous Scottish leaders run the UK has caused untold damage to the the British nation? Keeping the pound as our currency wasn't a bad step, it seems now!!

Also Mate. Many of the greatest heroes of British culture are in fact not British, but are of Scottish and Irish ancestry, We don't get taught that of course, but this is a fact.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Euro is dead, regardless of how the Euro economies are bullying UK for not going in the death trap. In 5 years from now, UK will be the one in a better position!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join