It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe tells Britain not to ask for help in a crisis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by queuepolitely
Shocked at some of the responses on this thread and its very disappointing that ATS is full of complaints about the evil elite and bankers yet we cant even discuss on a thread without throwing insults around and making comments like 'saved your butt'. So did you personally fight in WW2, sad v.sad we cant get over our past and work together as members of the human race, I am a human who happens to reside in the UK, what possible hope do we have for the future.

I'm sorry but I am still fairly new to the "new age" and although my tranistion from "English/British nationalist" to "Human nationalist" is coming along nicely it is hard to completely dismiss what has been programmed in me from birth........I.E All french are dicks

Peace.....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Well then Dermo I guess you have never heard of the "special relationship" between Britain and France.

Of course I have lol..

But as an Irishman who considers England his second home (after Germany lol).. I have to point out that a pretty substantial amount of the "Dick-ness" lies in your guys court as well..

As in definitely half.. or even more..

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
I put forward the motion that every single person in this thread that has jumped to a conclusion based on nothing but their own petty emotions are the "Dicks".

Try this on for size..

Caution Swearing in the content below...

Korg.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

God always save the Queen isn't it?
And I'm sure US will bailout UK when the time comes.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I agree with England.

Has anyone seen the ridiculous numbers games Greece was playing with it's books? Or how all the absurd social programs that slowly drained the country's finances (early retirement age and corresponding pension, 10% of the population are civil servants).

Now they're rioting because the EU wants some austerity measures, and they want to keep the system that led to their collapse?

I'm with England on this one. If they don't want to change, let them fall.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Darkrunner]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
heres an interesting turn of events...maybe some of you knew this..but i certainly didnt..

www.youtube.com...

the treaty of rome was a blank...it was empty..just the cover page and the signing page..!!!

how can this be legal..can this not be a way to get at the EU?

the politicians of europe have sold the populations a lie for decades...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
OK, let’s stop the French bashing and particularly references to the two world wars which resulted in more French deaths than the UK with the US being late for both and only turning up when they knew the outcome. Don’t forget that France won WW1 and was overrun by a belligerent dictatorship which would have rolled any nation over at that time.

To topic. The Eurozone nations are responsible for the lack of fiscal discipline and France is complicit in the whole affair. It has been the poor controls within the Eurozone which has directly led to the PIGS (Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Spain) being in the dysfunctional economic state they are in. It has not helped that France and Germany have often been seen to bicker amongst themselves and France has been known to stretch the rules of membership, so not led by example.

It is politics and probably no coincidence that these words have arrived just when a new UK Government is moving in. However, France has always been miffed that the UK chose to retain Sterling while the Franc was flushed away. The UK is right to keep out of Eurozone affairs and France needs to grow up and face the music without the hysteria that is often levelled at their UK cousins.

Regards

[edit on 12/5/2010 by paraphi]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by Dumbass

If you were broke would you go to another broke friend asking to borrow some money or a more well off friend?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If we don't pay into the fund to help struggling Euro zone Countries why should we expect help from them if we struggle especially as it is the same economic crisis.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Perfect fit haha

Second line..

One line posts. Please review.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by yeahright]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There's so much half-witted ignorant statements in this thread that I'm not even going to consider jumping in on this topic.

I just thought I'd tell you all to take a few International Law and International Political Economy courses before you go bashing the EU and how "worthless" and "corrupt" it is.

I'm all for conspiracies and questioning the government, but some of you guys let the idea of a potential conspiracy blind you from rational thought and critical thinking.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ugly women, you say?

Funny that. Cheryl Cole is the worlds sexiest woman according to the FHM magazine. Megan Fox is 2nd.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Sozen94]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The UK has a higher debt rate than even Greece, but is expected to help bail out Greece? This is SO not looking good for the global financial situation.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
To family and friends in the UK; Don't feel to bad if France hates you. We in the (US) woulden't know what to do if they diden't hate some one. Having the French not hating at least one country, would throw the universe out of balance.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The UK rejected the metric system.

The UK rejected the Euro.

The UK has great television programming. Why shouldn't the French be mad?

Good going.

The Brits. You've gotta love them.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
Do you really think that the EU or another combination of countries wont help the UK if needed, which i doubt will occur.

Its one thing Greece falling but the USA or UK to fall is a different kettle of fish altogether.

What doubt they will help or you doubt we will need help because if it is the second then may i sugest you look at the horfic figures because the UK is no beter off than greece in terms of debt and GDP.

Greece has both the IMF and EU to help it out, we have just the IMF.

Have you forgot the oil has ran out and last time i looked we could not even produce the robin reliant here anymore.

i know if we all beat ourselves, take the pain then it's got to work but mark my words these austerity measures they are about to start will still see the debt growing in a years time if the western word does not get a pre planed crash befor then.

One world currency and a personal carbon tax is coming and it will all be digital and sold to the public as if it's the best thing since sliced bread unless the bankers are hung before they pull of this deal of a lifetime

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join