It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message To All Oil Spill Gloomers---RELAX!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I have been on the water at least 3 times a week since the spill including within 10 miles from where the Horizon went down. If you can sit there an tell me I need to "relax" and "its not that bad" then I tell you what. Ill meet you on the water at any lat and long you want and I will gladly watch you dive in and take a few laps around, I mean it's safe right?? Until you're ready to put your money where your mouth is stop spreading false information. Its obvious that you have another agenda here and its not to protect the good Americans who's lives will be ruined by this tragedy.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by CaptSplatter]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You are something else, JW. You demanded pictures of the spill hitting the shores. You got them. And as far as I can tell, NEVER addressed them. Instead, you started demanding an entirely different kind of proof. When you get that, I bet that you will then demand proof that it has injured or killed people.

Can you address how you demanded proof of the oil hitting the shores and got that proof? What say you?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If it ain't bad, then it sure as hell got worse!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Seriously?
No !
It's not just a spill, a spill has a measurable amount and a finite predictable end, this is a gusher tapped directly from the earth and will stop only once the well or pressure is done.
Can you or anyone tell me when that will be?
Secondly where is the oil going.
Well once it starts following the gulfstream it will head up the eastern seaboard and then over to europe, then right down the center of the atlantic again.
Relax? Do research?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The entire eastern coast and europe seem to be visiting locations for the oil.
As the gulf stream moves along at 1.5 knots average speed (1.726 mph)
It should take about 2,323 hours to reach europe once it enters the gulf stream or roughly 97 days from now.
Southern coastline June, Midatlantic and North coast July, Northcentral sea August,
Europe being the very end of August or the first of September 2010.

Relax?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Also, those pictures have coastguard members shown, your clearance to be on board is ?

Notice Coast Guard Petty Officer 3rd Class James Peterson
in the picture in the link.
He's at the shoreline, in the marsh, collecting ?
Easter Eggs?
His thoughts?
Signatures ?
Interest on the debt?
Nasty Oil?

4.bp.blogspot.com...

www.nola.com...

video.ap.org...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

OP...way to speak out your rear end.
Glad to flame you sucker.

What makes people say stuff like this anyway?
I might respect the OP a little more if a retraction statement where made, but that aint going to happen.

People are....stupid, some more than others.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh I had to come back for this one

Scientists: Gulf oil spill surpasses Exxon Valdez as worst in US history; plug try going well

www.foxnews.com...

COVINGTON, La. (AP) — The Gulf oil spill has surpassed the Exxon Valdez as the worst in U.S. history, according to new estimates released Thursday, but the Coast Guard and BP said an untested procedure to stop it seemed to be working.

Cant you just hear that sucking sound - eggs anyone? OP has plenty to go around.

In all seriousness OP leave yourself a little wiggle room very few us us in here are experts in subject matter and there is always someone here who will remind you of that.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by WWJFKD]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

W, although pretty much everyone has known from the start that the OP's contentions were ridiculous, I for one find no satisfaction in being proven right in this regard.

Not having a go at you, but this is one that in actuality I have from the start wished that I were wrong and the OP was right ... thus any potential "I told you so" is heavily mitigated by an overwhelming sadness considering the catastrophic damage being inflicted onto this planet.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I never mentioned a Kalifornia spill.
Yes I know some fish and some sea going birds will be affected. I am saying that the hype is just that hype!

It has been 12 days? since the spill and yet not one square inch of beach has been touched by the oil...no matter how hard the reporters look. I am seriously surprised they haven't taken a bird and dipped it in a five gallon bucket of oil just to have a story.

Oh how wrong you were

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Really, you think this is a minor event compare to all of the previous event's you have claim.. Sorry it's more then the past that you have proclaim.
It will become more obvious when a Tropical storm move's through the Gulf, this slug will cover miles of inland. Therefore affecting more then the crisis of Ocean life while it remains in the Gulf.. however the ocean current will in "Fact" begin to stream that Oil all away around the World.

To think this is a mere event, think again.

Further danger is to be seen.

Certainly, to light a fire close to shore in the Gulf, It will just take Lightning to hit land in that area, the coast will be in flames.

At the same time, no other shoreline will be safe.

I regret that this is not noted in the news, but why scare anyone to the obvious.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by jessemole]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Really, you think this is a minor event compare to all of the previous event's you have claim.. Sorry it's more then the past that you have proclaim.
It will become more obvious when a Tropical storm move's through the Gulf, this slug will cover miles of inland. Therefore affecting more then the crisis of Ocean life while it remains in the Gulf.. however the ocean current will in "Fact" begin to stream that Oil all away around the World.

To think this is a mere event, think again.

Further danger is to be seen.

Certainly, to light a fire close to shore in the Gulf, It will just take Lightning to hit land in that area, the coast will be in flames.

At the same time, no other shoreline will be safe.

I regret that this is not noted in the news, but why scare anyone to the obvious.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Am I the only one whose worst problem with this spill is the tremendous waste of oil?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Yes you will be the only one.
I for life of me will never understand the shortness of insight of a few.
But again, maybe I do.
Read again this thread. Then relpy with a better understanding in your next commit.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ok so some oil has made it ashore, but if my calculations are correct, the East coast will get more oil then the gulf coast.
All these subsea plumes will either sink, disperse or ride the currents and reach landfall on the East coast.

And no you are not alone it is a HUGE waste of good dark oil just spilling for free.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The gas being released is 10 times more than originally thought. I wonder how flammable the area really is?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Yes you will be the only one.
I for life of me will never understand the shortness of insight of a few.
But again, maybe I do.
Read again this thread. Then relpy with a better understanding in your next commit.

Oh, I understand the catastrophic environmental damage. But there are two things we can do about it: cry and moan, or learn from it.

As George Carlin said, "The Earth's not going anywhere. We are." One day we are going to nuke ourselves into oblivion, or render our environment inhospitable to us, and homo sapiens will go extinct. But the Earth will go on. In fact I imagine it will heal quite rapidly (on a geologic time scale) once we're no longer holding it down.

Even life itself will continue. After all, the very first life forms on Earth poisoned themselves into extinction by filling the atomosphere with the waste gas oxygen. But life just came and said "okay, we'll use oxygen", and the modern ecosystem developed.

I might lack insight, but so do those lamenting this like it's the end of the Universe or something.

And from a human perspective (by human I mean down-to-earth, practical, human), such an enormous waste of such a valuable and increasingly rare resource is lamentable. No, I'm not losing sleep over it, but it just kind of sucks to think about. Meh, I guess I'm emotionally averse to waste. Sue me.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by Shine71

This is the last picture I am posting, it is a waste of time with you people.
Armchair gloomers.
"Oh its so bad, oh the calamity of it all" you know what?
STOP WHINING AND GET OFF YOUR VAST BACKSIDES, PUT ON SOME RUBBER BOOTS AND GET TO THE BEACH AND GRAB A SHOVEL!

I paid alot of money to make sure I got "hired" on this boat with this crew so that I could be on the front line skimming the oil as it comes out of the ocean BEFORE it makes its way inland. I put my money and time where it counts and I am doing something to help.
So take your skepticism and go play some more video games.

You think you're in the "front line" you have no idea.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

lol, obviously you have forgotten about the hundreds of thousands of men/women/adults/TEENS fighting wars for our country in the east and around the world, while youre company you "invest" in is hardly keeping our front "shore" line safe with rubber boots and shovels. ***no disrespect to the volunteers and workers out there doing something, i praise you for your efforts and time***

and why the hell would you have to "pay" to be on a crew of VOLUNTEERS and HIRED individuals? i know im basically talking to a wall since its obvious you have NOTHING to do with BP, but EVERYTHING to do with BS.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by taguon
and why the hell would you have to "pay" to be on a crew of hired professionals?
I believe you have answered your own question, the only "volunteer" where I am is me.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

obviously you misread and misquoted what i said...

but i guess i would have to expect that from you after reading all of your other post...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

obviously you misread and misquoted what i said...

but i guess i would have to expect that from you after reading all of your other post...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join