It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message To All Oil Spill Gloomers---RELAX!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Seriously people, this has gone way beyond panic in some cases. The MSM is doing it to you again and you're just jumping off the cliff like you did with the hole in the Ozone layer, the bird flu, the pig flu and all the other end of mankind media gloom and doom stories.
Is the oil spill bad? YES
Is it the worst ever? NO
Is the media hyping it up? YES
Is it being politicized? HELL YES

What the media is doing to the economy and to some of you people is criminal.
Seriously try doing some of your own research for once and don't just be sheeple running off the cliff with everyone else.
You gloomers is why laugh tracks work

think for yourselves!!

let me see if I can answer some of your concerns.

WILL IT CHANGE WEATHER PATTERNS (no)

...while the sun fuels the breakdown, decomposing even the most complex of oil's components over time. The warmer the water temperature and the more sun exposure, the faster the oil breaks down
www.popularmechanics.com...

THIS IS THE WORST SPILL EVER IN THE GULF (no)
THIS WILL KILL FISHING INDUSTRIES AND TOURISM (no, but maybe the media will)

June 3, Gulf of Mexico: exploratory oil well Ixtoc 1 blew out, spilling an estimated 140 million gallons of crude oil into the open sea. Although it is one of the largest known oil spills, it had a low environmental impact.
July 19, Tobago: the Atlantic Empress and the Aegean Captain collided, spilling 46 million gallons of crude. While being towed, the Atlantic Empress spilled an additional 41 million gallons off Barbados on Aug. 2. www.infoplease.com...

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...TAR BALLS!!! (there are more tar balls in Kalifornia than in the Gulf and they outlawed drilling decades ago)

Tar is a naturally occurring substance it ALWAYS washes up to the beaches. The difference is people (read=REPORTERS) are now looking for anything they can scare you with and it seems to be working. They have tar on the beaches in California and they haven't allowed drilling for years.

According to the Minerals Management Service, a United States government entity, tar and tar seepage are natural parts of the environment. It is evidenced that oil, tar and gas have occurred throughout the coastlines for thousands of years, and are particularly prevalent along the California coastline due to its mountainous regions. Scientists often cannot tell the difference between oil from naturally-occurring seeps and oil from offshore spills. Along the California coastline, there is a large amount of oil seeping naturally from the rocks under the ocean. environmentalism.suite101.com...

Gloomers, if have any further questions or you happen to run across a photograph that includes ONE SQUARE INCH of tainted beach front property please feel free to post it.

lots of love J.W.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

+13 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is different than the California one. The gulf of mexico is a contained area and the flow of oil is going to hit all the coasts and travel up the east coast if it is not stopped.

You know that there are many creatures that live in the water that depend on the sun to live? I imagine that these huge areas of oil cut of the light going down to the bottom of the ocean. This is not good AT all.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I never mentioned a Kalifornia spill.
Yes I know some fish and some sea going birds will be affected. I am saying that the hype is just that hype!

It has been 12 days? since the spill and yet not one square inch of beach has been touched by the oil...no matter how hard the reporters look. I am seriously surprised they haven't taken a bird and dipped it in a five gallon bucket of oil just to have a story.

+51 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well, I wouldnt worry so much if there wasnt a Hole continuously pumping out crude 5000 feet under the ocean. As you may have or not have noticed, even the brightest of minds are scratching their headswith this one.

But since you say I dont have to worry about it, I can now relax.
Screw what the experts say.

MILLIONS OF GALLONS OF OIL POURING INTO THE OCEAN CANNOT BE A GOOD THING NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.

"its not that bad"

Have you personally been down there? Have you personally got up and close enough to say "ohhhm, thats not a problem, we can fix that"?

If not, what makes you the expert?

And of course its being politicized, everything is politicized these days.
Same with the media. This is nothing new. But that does not change the fact that MILLIONS of gallons of crude is pumping out of the ocean floor with no stopping it. They never even had a plan in place to take care of these kinds of problems, so no,I DO NOT have as much confidence in this problem as you do.

This is not an Oil Spill, this planet is bleeding, and bleeding good with no end in sight.

EDIT- To make Billions-Millions.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Common Good]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Globalist seize on every environmental disaster to gain sympathy with joe public that the earth is overpopulated. In doing so they slowly gain consent from the public for incremental totalitarian methods of population control.

The earth will survive as it has for billions of years.

S&F

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

How do you figure 'billions of gallons'? Last I heard it was releasing something in the order of 210,000gal/day. Most of it will contaminate the sea floor which is a disaster no question. Only a small part makes it to the surface and will ultimately come ashore. It will take BP months to stop the spill so we're likely looking at several million gallons of oil in the Gulf.

+16 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
Seriously people, this has gone way beyond panic in some cases. The MSM is doing it to you again and you're just jumping off the cliff like you did with the hole in the Ozone layer, the bird flu, the pig flu and all the other end of mankind media gloom and doom stories.
Is the oil spill bad? YES
Is it the worst ever? NO
Is the media hyping it up? YES
Is it being politicized? HELL YES

What the media is doing to the economy and to some of you people is criminal.
Seriously try doing some of your own research for once and don't just be sheeple running off the cliff with everyone else.
You gloomers is why laugh tracks work

think for yourselves!!

let me see if I can answer some of your concerns.

WILL IT CHANGE WEATHER PATTERNS (no)

...while the sun fuels the breakdown, decomposing even the most complex of oil's components over time. The warmer the water temperature and the more sun exposure, the faster the oil breaks down
www.popularmechanics.com...

THIS IS THE WORST SPILL EVER IN THE GULF (no)
THIS WILL KILL FISHING INDUSTRIES AND TOURISM (no, but maybe the media will)

June 3, Gulf of Mexico: exploratory oil well Ixtoc 1 blew out, spilling an estimated 140 million gallons of crude oil into the open sea. Although it is one of the largest known oil spills, it had a low environmental impact.
July 19, Tobago: the Atlantic Empress and the Aegean Captain collided, spilling 46 million gallons of crude. While being towed, the Atlantic Empress spilled an additional 41 million gallons off Barbados on Aug. 2. www.infoplease.com...

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...TAR BALLS!!! (there are more tar balls in Kalifornia than in the Gulf and they outlawed drilling decades ago)

Tar is a naturally occurring substance it ALWAYS washes up to the beaches. The difference is people (read=REPORTERS) are now looking for anything they can scare you with and it seems to be working. They have tar on the beaches in California and they haven't allowed drilling for years.

According to the Minerals Management Service, a United States government entity, tar and tar seepage are natural parts of the environment. It is evidenced that oil, tar and gas have occurred throughout the coastlines for thousands of years, and are particularly prevalent along the California coastline due to its mountainous regions. Scientists often cannot tell the difference between oil from naturally-occurring seeps and oil from offshore spills. Along the California coastline, there is a large amount of oil seeping naturally from the rocks under the ocean. environmentalism.suite101.com...

Gloomers, if have any further questions or you happen to run across a photograph that includes ONE SQUARE INCH of tainted beach front property please feel free to post it.

lots of love J.W.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

How much are you getting paid to post this B.S?
If anything, this disaster is being downplayed by the MSM and the American Govt.
You reference previous oil spills with a larger volume, your data is accurate but there isn't a single incident on record that has happened at this depth. The major issue is getting this thing STOPPED!
The Army Corp of Engineers believes that it may take up to 2 years to stop the flow, by that time every ocean on the planet will be toxic.

We are literally pushing the boundaries of human technology just trying to tap this well. There was a major lack in safety measures that were put in place to deal with the unlikely event of a rupture, well guess what? It happened and now we're paying the price.

Furthermore, the Gulf of Mexico has one of the most sensitive eco-systems on the planet and supplies more than 50% of all of the seafood in America.
The everglades are toast, as are the Mangroves.
The effects of this disaster are going to be felt on a global basis for decades to come...mark my words.

The LAST thing we need right now is someone trying to downplay this situation, what we should be doing is praying for our planet.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

There, I changed the B into an M.

My statement still stands. =)

We good now?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Have you personally been down there? Have you personally got up and close enough to say "ohhhm, thats not a problem, we can fix that"?

This is not an Oil Spill, this planet is bleeding, and bleeding good with no end in sight.

Yes I am in the middle of it and it is being handled efficiently and professionally.

The planet is bleeding!!????

save the drama for your mama

And there is an end in sight it will be in a couple of months (or sooner) when the relief hole is completed.

The gulf has seen worse and I'm sure it will see even worse than this. What makes humankind so vein as to think little tiny human can damage Earth?

The conditions couldn't be better for this type of disaster. the deep depth and natural currents are helping a great deal.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thanks, I need that, is it ok to print it out and give it to my neighbor? She's driving me up the wall with all the hogwash. Yes it's a disaster not really an all out one, it is a shame, but really, it isn't the end of the world and I have confidence enough that there will come a viable solution. We live in the west coast of Florida, btw. Our beaches are still pretty sugary white sand and I beleive they will not be affected!

+15 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Drama?

Im not the one comparing an Oil Spill to an Oil Leak.

+22 more 
link   

It has been 12 days? since the spill and yet not one square inch of beach has been touched by the oil...no matter how hard the reporters look. I am seriously surprised they haven't taken a bird and dipped it in a five gallon bucket of oil just to have a story.

12 days?

www.reuters.com...

Beach?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

As a wise man has in his signature: "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please" - Mark Twain

[edit on 11 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

link   

Originally posted by Common Good

EDIT- To make Billions-Millions.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Common Good]

You know a little error like that could affect the stock market

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mark_price

ROFLMAO.

Dont worry, "its not that bad".

+22 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
WTF OP?

The oil spill is a huge environmental disaster don't try to talk it down, we should be angry and we should opt for better security precautions.

This isn't doom and gloom this is reality, what the msm does with it I don't give a Duck, but to me personally its a tragedy. It isn't worse then the economic collapse it isn't worse then the political chaos or the worldwide tensions, but it isn't less then those issues either.

So I think you are the one that needs to calm down, because you are getting angry at the angry people for getting angry. Just relax OP and let the events unfold themselves.

Everything happening now is happening for a reason and trying to fight it aint gonna slow it down, people will rise up, people will get angry and tense, your thread isn't going to change that one bit.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Estimates put the size of this spill at about 1/2 the size of the Exxon Valdez oil spill and its getting bigger by the day. After 25 years if you dig a little ways down in to the beach in some areas there , you will still find globs of oil.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
WTF OP?

The oil spill is a huge environmental disaster don't try to talk it down, we should be angry and we should opt for better security precautions.

This isn't doom and gloom this is reality, what the msm does with it I don't give a Duck, but to me personally its a tragedy. It isn't worse then the economic collapse it isn't worse then the political chaos or the worldwide tensions, but it isn't less then those issues either.

So I think you are the one that needs to calm down, because you are getting angry at the angry people for getting angry. Just relax OP and let the events unfold themselves.

Everything happening now is happening for a reason and trying to fight it aint gonna slow it down, people will rise up, people will get angry and tense, your thread isn't going to change that one bit.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by colloredbrothers]

Well said...thank you!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I never mentioned a Kalifornia spill.
Yes I know some fish and some sea going birds will be affected. I am saying that the hype is just that hype!

That's because its waiting for a hurricane to bring it on shore....18 days and counting till season starts

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Its obvious the op is just here to downplay no matter what. I think we should just let the thread die. I feel bad that my post is just going to feed the thread.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
No one pay attention to the OP. Read all their other posts in any oil related topic and you will find that all they do is call anyone who has even the slightest concern for this disaster a "gloomer".

Obviously the OP is young and not yet old enough to understand the consequences of any oil spill.

I would like to see the OP tell all the fishermen who earn their living fishing in the area, and who can no longer fish in that area, that "it's not that bad". They will probably wake up minutes later wondering what happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join