It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message To All Oil Spill Gloomers---RELAX!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, it would appear that the argument that this is not the largest spill in U.S. history may be null and void, now. (Note that I say "may be," because I know there will be those who firmly believe that the severity is being exaggerated for some agenda, which is possible and I respect those people's opinions, even if I have not yet reached that conclusion myself):

This thread has the news stories reporting that the spill is now the worst in U.S. history, possibly twice the size of Exxon Valdez.

I'll post the links here as well:

www.cnn.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Whether this is actually the case or not, this proclamation of it being the worst spill in U.S. history at least does not fill me with an impetus to "relax," personally.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
Ok so some oil has made it ashore, but if my calculations are correct, the East coast will get more oil then the gulf coast.
All these subsea plumes will either sink, disperse or ride the currents and reach landfall on the East coast.

And no you are not alone it is a HUGE waste of good dark oil just spilling for free.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

So...the fact that it will cover the East Coast instead of the Gulf Coast is better...how?

Just wondering from the East Coast.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Ok so some oil has made it ashore, but if my calculations are correct, the East coast will get more oil then the gulf coast.

I guess I'll take that as an "I was wrong". Pretty weak though.

"Calculations"?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

what branch of the government do you work for???

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

No offense and don't take this personally but speaking for myself the East coast from the Carolinas on up can just break of and sink for all they're good for....Oh and add California, Oregon and Washington state for that matter, yeah , the entire west coast can pretty much break off and sink.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWizard
reply to post by Just Wondering

what branch of the government do you work for???

nope, not me, my dadda was CIA but he is retired now.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Every day stalled and every day that provides the illusion of everything's going to be okay and just you relax is another day for insiders and investors to get their game on and actually profit from this disaster.

There's always money to be made in a disaster but timing and the manipulation of public perception is everything. Some people probably get paid by the day despite getting no positive results...the propaganda machine is massive and unyielding.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

No offense and don't take this personally but speaking for myself the East coast from the Carolinas on up can just break of and sink for all they're good for....Oh and add California, Oregon and Washington state for that matter, yeah , the entire west coast can pretty much break off and sink.

Surely you've missed a few regions of the USA there, Just Wondering. What about the state of Hawaii? Sounds like a place you probably hate too. How about New Mexico or Nevada?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Oh not, Hawaii, we go there all the time, I own property there I love it.

Nevada and New Mexico are ok, sparsely populated.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

sippin' to much of that haterade.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f6974143200.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So you hate America? Cool. You are a BP employee that hates America.

We should care what you have to say about how this oil will hurt us why then?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

so you are implying that the east and west coast is America? typical east/west coast thinking nowhere else matters but where you live.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

typical east/west coast thinking

oh the irony

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Relax? No you relax if you choose. If anyone is relaxing with this potential breathing down mankinds neck. They must be oblivious to what sustains there very existence. Not to mention the compassion of a tape worm.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I would NOT relax just yet.. Have you heard?... There may be another larger leak and PB Knew about it and tried to cover it up.. Watch the video and read the article from the link in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=576042

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

so you are implying that the east and west coast is America?

Uh...no. They certainly are PART. Can you read?

typical east/west coast thinking nowhere else matters but where you live.

You mean the coasts are not part of America?

Can you please explain why I would be under the impression that both coasts are part of the US?

Please enlighten me.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'll be so glad when mankind confirms that our species is just one of millions
throughout the cosmos. We'll then become humble and stop arguing and
fighting over pieces of land, who's a better person, etc..

I've never seen so much petty squabbling on ATS as I'm seeing this year.
Could the negativism be connected to the overall decline of societal values
described in the Bible and other prophetic literature?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Check the Mobile Press-Register. Photos are included of the oil reaching land.
I can't get the link to work but I know you can go see yourself.

Friend, do you really have to go this far to avoid offering the only decent thing you can, simple human sympathy?

For the people?

For the ocean?

For the wetlands? Do you understand what they are and what they do? Good thing you benefit from the understanding and work of those who do.

For anything or anyone at all?

Here's your proof, where is the apology you owe the people you so callously encourage others to harden their hearts towards?

Just in case the facts finally interest you, Anderson Cooper just reported that it is by far the biggest oil spill period.

Happy now?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
BP calls Gulf oil leak 'environmental catastrophe'

(CNN) -- BP's top official, who had previously said the environmental impact on Gulf of Mexico would be modest, upgraded his assessment Friday to an "environmental catastrophe."

Hmmm... nothing to see here. Relax.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join