It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think there are paid posters on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt
Why? Because you don't debate.....instead you ridicule, patronize, and try to derail just about every thread you go into, particularly 9/11 threads.

Actually, I state my opinions and back them with reasoning. The emotional components such as ridicule and patronization comes from 911 conspiracy theorists such as yourself.

It's common sense really.....why would anyone that had no interest in the conspiracies of 9/11 continuously post in there? They wouldn't, not unless they were interested in deciphering new information and being open minded to alternate theories. Since you clearly are not, the only other alternative is that you have a motive to be there.

You are the typical disinformationist.....right out of the psychological operations handbook.

Do me a favor and save your BS rhetoric for someone that doesn't know better.

And here's another example of conspiracy theorizing reaching incorrect conclusions. According to you, only other 911 conspiracy theorists would ever post in a 911 thread, and any other opinions could ONLY be "disinformationists" coming from an "operations handbook". This is what happens when you have preconceived notions of conspiracy: anything not in compliance with it becomes part of the conspiracy, including ludicrous claims that all divergent opinions come from "agents". It doesn't occur to you that rational people might enjoy pointing out to others that their various theories are backed by no apparent evidence, and this presents a major problem to the credibility of the theory. Instead, of course, it's yet another conspiracy. Like I said, you need to address your issues before you drift further into the void.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
double post.

sorry

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
FBI CIA and any other. I bet they are told to visit a part of a web site and put the governments view over and record names and info of the trouble makers (freedom of speech). to discredit any thing against the governments. they would do it about 4 or more times a day. to so they can make a good impact on the ideas out there.
and there are people out there who really believe in the governments. zealots. who never question authority. I bet they are Christians to. both are used to control the minds of the people.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well I can definately say I am NOT a paid dis-info agent.

I even tried to get recruited in this THREAD

And you can clearly say that I am NOT a paid dis-info agent.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There is no doubt that loyalties to one's race will cause one to take sides with impossible, unjust opinions. I always note the obvious ones...the 911 co-conspirators who just delight in the derision of those who spent time putting together 911 stuff, or globalwarminghoax, by inserting a quippish 'you are crazy', or 'not this again'. Always note the seeming all-American image they try to maintain, as a cover. There's an agenda, you see. No move in their direction is considered too small. Therefore, yes, there are paid posters here. Zionism propped up many totalitarian regimes and has landed in amerika, because they are 'chosen', and no amount of miracle nor might will cause them to say or see otherwise. Our entire government is in their pocket.

What can we do? Describe and define them. They really hate that. Hence, the Constitution is under attack. It's happening so fast my head is spinning. Maybe obama ought to have outlawed free speech when he was all robust with 'political currency' rather than having bailed out wall street gambling losses for the 'rich'.

Where will it end?

When ya die, you get 'judged'. Those whose words were deceitful and not true to self will find out why their souls were found to be lacking in integrity. Those who deny God will have a hard time using that as an excuse. But until that time...it's like a holiday camp where you score points for serving yourself, at the expense of truth, or justice, or God.

Enjoy it while you can.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If they aint getting paid, then it can only mean one thing. There are many members of the wicked one.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
U2U me with where I clock in, heck I need a job. this free work stuff sucks.
ATS cough some cash... I want a raise.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.law.uchicago.edu...

Conspiracy Theories
Cass R. Sunstein

Part II discusses government responses and legal issues, in light of the discussion in Part I. We address several dilemmas of governmental response to conspiracy theories, such as the question whether it is better to rebut such theories, at the risk of legitimating them, or to ignore them, at the risk of leaving them unrebutted. Conspiracy theories turn out to be especially hard to undermine or dislodge; they have a self-sealing quality, rendering them particularly immune to challenge. We suggest several policy responses that can dampen the supply of conspiracy theorizing, in part by introducing diverse viewpoints and new factual assumptions into the hard-core groups that produce such theories. Our principal claim here involves the potential value of cognitive infiltration of extremist groups, designed to introduce informational diversity into such groups and to expose indefensible conspiracy theories as such.

..."Cognitive infiltration"...That says it all right there!

[edit on 11-5-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
could it be possible ATS is a "testing ground" for...endeavors yet to be initiated?

"see what the tinfoil folks think about that before you initiate phase 1...muahahahaha"

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Dammit, I hope so!

I hope the reason ridiculous threads take off is because people are paid to star and flag them. The alternative explanation is just too depressing to consider.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
double post.

sorry

You will have to fill out FBI payroll form X-27b44 to get compensated for that, traditionaldrummer. Make sure to attach it to your weekly summary report since you technically made it a two liner (remember the training seminar LOL?)!!

Great work in this thread, BTW.

--FBI Supervisory Agent In-Charge, harrytuttle

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Seriously? Go back to ATS around October. They weren't here when I joined-which was WHY I joined, to see what normal people were saying about HCR & the banker situation (I also have the usual woowoo alternative interests, so that was a bonus. I have been lurking here, off & on, since the O' Hare ufo incident & posted a few times in the anonymous forum long ago) If you have doubts that Organizers For America aren't targeting comments all over the internet where political agendas are discussed, you can compare tactics by searching under health care reform in the archives of Huffington Post, TPM Muckraker (look for a poster who calls himself "Freerider", among others), FireDogLake (one of these people was Nathaniel something or other, I think) and of course, Daily Kos. There was some of it on Democratic Underground, but dissent was surprisingly not drowned out, for the most part. Crooks & Liars, too. Some of it may still be going on at HuffPo. I don't care. About the only places that are safe from their tripe are the conservative sites. (I guess. I have just joined a conservative blog in the past couple of weeks but haven't been there much yet)
HuffPo is probably the most dramatic example & they have pretty much run the old regulars off. It is now just a bunch of chat brats exalting Dear Leader. I am not looking for people who agree with me or trying to convince anyone to share my point of view, but it's hard not to pursue it when you see an agenda being pushed. If HCR were still going on, that would be the topic, instead of illegals. Once they decide it isn't going to work, they'll ram amnesty through anyway & move on to the next thing.

My apologies to you & all for going back at them hammer & tong. I cannot stand liars, manipulators & exploiters. The agenda doesn't matter. I cannot resist exposing them. (though maybe I should) The person necessary to do that is truly not who I am in RL or on Facebook. But what can ya do? It is complicity to be silent.

Free speech or no, people with an agenda like this- especially an obvious one, should be banned, imo. Good thing, probably, that I don't own this- or any other, site. ATS is an exceptionally light handed & generous site compared to most others. I would not be sorry it it became a taboo topic.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
Ever notice people just posting in specific forums, and rarely post anywhere else? Ever notice that they just HOUND these certain areas of ATS obsessing over one topic and one topic only, rarely posting in other areas of ATS? Do these members have an agenda? Are they conintelpro? Are they here to just shoot down conspiracy theories VIA trolling derailing thread like they are getting paid for it?

It just doesn’t seem right. It’s in all forums, not just 911, or the UFO forum. It just seems there are teams in each board area waiting for the next topic to be posted. When these topics are posted, they tag team in threads refuting with the same debunked stuff, over and over again. (I could be wrong, they could be doing it for free.)
Ever stop to consider that given the vast number of registered ATS members, for any given topic there might be dozens of regular contributors interested primarily in that topic? I mean, a chem-trail fanatic might not give a rat's ass about conspiracies in religion; an NWO opponent might have no interest in UFOs. If you spend enough time in ANY forum, you're bound to find the people who are regulars and who are passionate about some of the topics being discussed...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Absolutely. You always see the same people argue in the same threads, month after month. Why would they come here and stick to one topic and spend all their time arguing against the topic if they weren't payed to do it? Sometimes you see them spending entire working days on it.

They dont even try to blend in with the other posters. Some of the most starred people here are part of them.

Of course this is only my opinion after being here for a couple of years.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

No, I do not.

Cha-ching!!!

Laughing to the bank.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by mumma in pyjamas
Question, do you have ANY clue what this guy is on about?
I am failing to understand, i am .... mindblown.

I debate a lot of conspiracy theories, therefore some people are convinced that I could only be paid by someone to express my opinions.

And therein lies the danger of conspiracy theories. For some people it snowballs into believing that anyone disagreeing with you is a government agent sent to counter your opinion.

Please, spare me the BS....and don't confuse my words. A healthy debate is great, and I support anyone's own personal take on a specific topic.

However, if one was to go to your historical posts it would be quite obvious to what I am referring to.

Why? Because you don't debate.....instead you ridicule, patronize, and try to derail just about every thread you go into, particularly 9/11 threads.

It's common sense really.....why would anyone that had no interest in the conspiracies of 9/11 continuously post in there? They wouldn't, not unless they were interested in deciphering new information and being open minded to alternate theories. Since you clearly are not, the only other alternative is that you have a motive to be there.

You are the typical disinformationist.....right out of the psychological operations handbook.

Do me a favor and save your BS rhetoric for someone that doesn't know better.

NAILED!
Good work OnTheFelt, "traditionaldrummer" has been "beaten"! lol

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

The ones being "paid" to post on ATS are the ones who are hawking the MOST outrageous claims and "theories" in the first place!

Take a survey, and look at the most ridiculous topic you can think of, and note the number of flags and stars, and THEN scan through, and note how even ludicrous-sounding posts get multiple stars, regardless how silly they might be.

IF I were to entertain this "paid" notion as a valid 'conspiracy', I'd look at the hidden agendas of certain OPs....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yes, without a doubt.

I am currently more concerned with determining if any posters are real and really exist as people (besides myself), and whether the whole site is in my imagination.

But yes, if there are people posting here, then they all carry their own agendas (including You Ugie, or me, for example), and some are most definitely paid to hang out here and police.

I am being paid by both sides to argue with myself.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Signals]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
How much you think I got paid for this little bit of disinfo?

Too easy.

Leading them down the wrong road and counting the cash!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I am currently more concerned with determining if any posters are real and really exist as people (besides myself), and whether the whole site is in my imagination.

Pssst. Can you hear me? This a just a figment of your imagination talking again. We would like to know when we get paid? You promised us, and now here we are stuck in your imagination with no money to do a damn thing about it. Before you know it, you'll kick us out for not paying rent, and then we'll have to be a figment of some homeless guys imagination. Sheeesh. Pay up all ready!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join