It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do men want to kill?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by catwhoknows

It isn't woman, it's humans that cause war, however men are portrayed as the big tough protectors so it's obviously their job to go out and become a murderer only to probably be murdered there as well...

[edit on 11/5/10 by CHA0S]

Very funny vid. I do have to take issue with your choice of words, however.

Murder is the unlawful taking of a human life. The military (with very few exceptions) does not engage in murder. The military engages in killing. Although the end result is the same, they are very different things.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Really... Women don't want to kill! Men are the only killers?

Read this "Women Warriors of the 20th Century, Women Warriors of the 19th Century" www.lothene.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.lothene.org...

This might enlighten you a little bit about the history of women leading military units and such.

Men are NOT the only killers. Women are NOT all there to nurture.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
You know why I love to hunt, fish? There is nothing that compares to the taste of a freshly harvested animal.
I just killed a big turkey on Saturday, my family feasted on Sunday. I eat everything I harvest, deer, fish, boar, turkey. I don’t do it to kill per say.

I do it to eat and feed my family. It’s nature. By your own logic you kill via proxy. You know how I know? Because you are alive to start the OP. You must eat.

-Al

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

What an ignorant thread.

I could stop my reply right here and it would speak volumes more than than the original post.
Allow me to say, I am a woman and have wanted to kill. Should I therefore claim that all women want to kill because I feel this way? Well, no more than claiming all men want to kill because it's simply who they are.

Let's not generalise or make fact out of opinion.

To simply state personal opinion without providing any fact or sources to justify that claim doesn't even warrant a response. Throughout these 5 pages OP has said nothing of paramount importance or provided anything of consequence to prove anybody else's opinion wrong. Provide some basis for arguments please.

Oh, yeah, that other thing: DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
This is a post that is about men wanting to kill everything that moves.

Women do not want to kill, they want to nurture. Or most of them do.

I am asking this question - Why do men want to kill?

Men cause wars because they want to kill.

I am sick and tired of it.

It's not just men but anyway.........
Individually, most men don't want t o kill.
but when groups of stupid men get together.....

Mobs, Wars, College antics, Bullying,vigilantes,
etc etc etc
In the end the only thing they prove is they are all morons

[edit on 11-5-2010 by mumma in pyjamas]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

reply to post by hippomchippo

No, women would not do that - it is in men's genes to kill kill kill.

What about duck shooting season, deer hunting etc - I am sick to carry on.

Some women do that, but war is a male game - and stupid, because they die in heaps.

Don't fault men for the role that they are conditioned to play. If it were women that were conditioned in the same role, you would have a counterpart lamenting how evil women are. It's a pathetic attitude.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Sending Women out to a war is the most foolish thing you could do if you "ruled a country".
Why?
You see, women give birth to children - You dont need too many men for the ladies, so you can "kill the guys" in a war. That way, you keep your population amounts stabilized (In a way) yet there will be a new generation thanks to you not sending women to be slaughtered.

So, that's the logic behind why generally, women aren't sent to a war.

Also, why the gender argument? Wouldn't it be better to ask "Why we, humans, kill other humans, as they are our brothers - do you really treat family this way?"

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Why do men want to kill?

To stop the wife from nagging?

haha... ok sorry bad joke... but come on... can you not see the sweeping generalisation you are making... this kind of holier than thou women on a peddle stall crap is really quite immature...

Humans kill... you have to remember that us humans cannot just throw off thousands of years of evolution over night... it wasn’t so long ago that humans HAD to hunt to put food on the table... sure, now we have farming and supermarkets but who do you think kills the food you eat (unless you are a veggie)

Sadly our violent nature is a mixture of sexual bravado and power grabbing... Even in the animal kingdom, males will often fight over a mate or for the right to lead the pack...

Answer me this... why are so many woman attracted to violent men??? Is this because they are gutless sadistic creatures who get off on others pain??? Of course not! In my opinion it’s simply a left over stone age trait where a female will need the strongest male to protect her and her offspring.

I have seen it time and time again... passive guys being ignored by women in favour of the bad boy rogue... happens all the time... In fact, i used to be one of the “bad boys” always getting in fights in my teenage years and i never had a problem finding a woman!!

I could easily bat the ball back into the women’s court by saying that we will stop being violent when women stop liking it... but even that is too simplistic... violence IS a natural part of life and death... Ive seens packs of killer whales hunting and killing other whales simply for practice hunting... Lions, wolfs, apes, hippos... hundreds of animals kill for reasons other than food.

The scary part about humanity is that we now have the intelligence to destroy millions of people in a second but are still often guided by or primitive instincts! Hopefully, we will evolve in time to prevent something like this happening!

But do not blame men... its nature!!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You should let go of the guilt you feel. Death is a part of this reality. Believe in Abundance the true gift of the Goddess instead of hating on another part of yourself.

You are killing millions of bacteria, this very moment in your body by your immune system.
Do you drive a car or ride a bike?.. You're going to kill some insects, even just walking.
Even if you're vegan, you still are killing plants, unless you eat nothing but seeds and fruits.

The greatest killer of them all is Mother Nature, no one escapes her. (Female Lions do all the hunting for the pack, Catwho.)

Recently my mother had to choose. There was a bird nest that we watched get built last season on a fan in the back porch. She saw a bull snake trying to eat the baby chicks and she blew the snakes head off. She runs a cattle ranch BTW.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Women just manipulate the men into killing for them.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
ignore her. obvious,troll is obvious.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I think we either have a troll or a girl who has been awfully hurt by a man or men in the past and admittedly I am having a hard time figuring out which. Of course I am realistic enough to understand that it could be neither but these posts scream one of those options.

My case for a troll...

Well this is easy. Short choppy OP and responses. Zero factual basis. Refuses to answer questions directly and when she does answer questions she simply resorts back to choppy answers and an "I am right because I say so" appraoch that is based on zero.

My case for a girl who is hurt...

On the other hand her words seem to be pure emotion and kind of histrionic in a way. So tell me OP...who hurt you?

Now...to stay on topic...

Women Warriors

Women Killers

Now, women as a whole may not be as physically violent. Instead we have teen girls who ostracize and isolate other girls and destroy them on the inside. Depending on grade between 10-40% of girls report bullying.

Bully Statistics

Look OP I agree SOME men are evil little war-makers. I can't deny that but we have had many historical women leaders who have bloodied many fields. Maybe instead of generalising you can try to find out why you feel this way, look at he actual facts and come to mor appropriate conclusions. I think the conclusion ou will find is that a few men are bad and the rest are generally good

I hope you feel better

-Kyo

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Besides im sure it escapes her notice....but does she know almost half of all domestic violence is initiated by women.

Its not a gender thing....its a human thing. Its what we are. just come to accept it and your life will be much better....you may even start to enjoy violence as i have.

I love watching UFC....i love watching action movies. I love playing violent video games.

I love watching little kids rough housing.

Anything that is physically aggressive i love and enjoy.

In fact you can also say im a war enthusiast. Do i enjoy people getting killed? no. but i am fascinated by war. I love watching and hearing about new weapons. Sometimes i will just lay on my bed and dream up various scenerios where one country will go to war with another.

What would they do in this situation? Would they flank them here? Or set up a defence to halt the enemy advance.

What would happen if ukraine,belarus,georgia,and other former soviet states joined together. what would there GDP be...what would there politics be.What would there net gain be? What resources would be under there control?

Little imaginations like that will play in my head....i could probably wright a military science fiction for all those scenerios i have in my head.

If my life was different i could probably be the next tom clancy.

I will admit that physical violence is more prevelant in men. its just in our nature.But women are much more cruel and devious.

They may not be able to or WANT to hurt you physically as much as a man could...they want to criple you emotionally.

Women are the yin to men's yang.

Men take on the physical side and women take on the emotional side. either way....its a humanity thing. You cant change it.

Maybe i like all the things i like even though i know the subjects are morally repulsive to many is because i accepted it as my nature.Maybe if the rest of you accepted it you could join me in my hobbys.

OR maybe the OP is not a crazy feminist and its because im a man

[edit on 11-5-2010 by tauempire]

[edit on 11-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Thanks for your seeing powers.

It is not I hate, as you would would know if you had seeing powers.

Sorry, but the words used in those posts are "I hate....". Usage of the word is not abitrary, it is specific. Therefore it is highly relevant to this discussion.

I do not take offence with you and ask for the same in return. I am a lover of peace, opposed to war in all its forms and support humanity in it's slow growth to equality and freedom.

We are not opposed, I am only pointing out something that needs to be looked at. Hate is a strong word with very deep roots that lead into many beliefs we may hold, whether temporary or long term.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
all life lives off death theres even a few plants that kill live prey.
the real truth is if your alive something must die in order for you to contuniue to live.
you say your a vag ok a tomato isent alive? well even still discounting plants.
what do you think it takes to even make that pc you use to make this rant?
how many animals died because we strip mined the nessery stuff to creat that computer you love so much.
how many animals died so you can drive that car turn on that air.
tell me how many.
even if you go caveman style and are a veg something still must die after all you must keep the rabbits out of the garden .
but i do see your point because you dont accutly go out and kill your self you can rashionlise and say you dont kill .
becides to say you never even once in your life thought i wish he she was dead would be a lie .
heck they way you talk i bet you wish all the men you hate so much would just die

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Would you please climb down off your politically correct,
sweetsiepoo cloud of fluff & come down to objective reality?
Thx so much.

Anthropologically speaking the ability to kill a creature could spell the difference between life & death.
When some new male lions take over a group of females they kill off the cubs of the previous group of males, which seems to fit with those creatures insuring that specifically THEIR genetic line is there, displacing any others, at least locally.

Your gender bias is pretty dubious as well. Women kill. I suspect that they do so more rarely & more consideredly, but i also suspect they cover their tracks better than some [most?] unsubtle males would.

So even though you are trying to be politically correct, you are in all likelihood being sexist, illogically gender biased.

If you want to preserve the gentility, the benefits of ordered, maybe even graceful civility, then any adult thinking person has to know there is/are [a] price(s).

Your pretty, idealized world does not arise magically from a vacuum.
Things come from somewhere & have effects here & likely elsewhere, ie. there are CONSEQUENCES.

Now having said that a complete rejection of the capacity to kill, most especially under prescribed circumstances, is illogical & absurd,
The idea that we would just ignore gross, wanton & worst totally needless violence/killing has to be arguably nearly as absurd.

And to all the pretend patriots out there,
a military uniform should not give someone a free pass to a psychopathic, sadistic murder & raping spree NOR freedom to loot the US treasury with impunity.

That is vastly more treasonous than 'patriotic'.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by slank]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Humanity appears to be programmed to be violent, in my opinion. Be it wars, inner thoughts or just a surge of emotion.

I mean, how many have ever thought of hatred towards another person...even a flicker...I assume that as being violent even though we aren't really physically doing something.

Violence doesn't mean physical, it can be thought mentally as well.
Man and women are no different.

The traditional view is that women are associated with nuture but look at our society today. How many times do you see women killing their own child? I see that a lot.

It's disgusting the way we all resolve to violence in the end...most of the time.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

My case for a troll...

Well this is easy. Short choppy OP and responses. Zero factual basis. Refuses to answer questions directly and when she does answer questions she simply resorts back to choppy answers and an "I am right because I say so" appraoch that is based on zero.

I thought a troll was one who liked to fight. The OP is implying as a woman she is not like that. I considered starting a thread with this topic: Racists are people too. That would be a good fighting topic at this point in time. Fighting, debating, arguing, out for attention...what is the definition of a troll? It can't be emotional writing style without any facts, can it?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Men wish to kill because they want to punish someone for their psychological psychosis, the frustration and anger caused to them by their inability to acquire necessary resources that fulfill their needs.

Why do governments go to war? Political ideology, in essence, to ascertain the ruler's power, and to expand upon that power.

Simple.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join