It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do men want to kill?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS
Just because I feel like playing devil's advocate today... Which sex gets the most abortions?

My husband tried to force me to have abortions. And then tried to kill our second baby, just 2 days after birth. But you're right, obviously, because it wouldn't have been him getting the abortion.

Two friends have had abortions after being raped, one by a "friend" who secretly drugged her, but you're right, the rapists never got abortions.

Another friend got pregnant to her fiancee, who threatened to break off the engagement if she did not have an abortion, but you're right, it was her who had the abortion, not him.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Im very sorry your friends had to go through such a horrible thing as rape. With lots of counseling and searching for understanding of it all, and eventually owning their life again they will be able to thrive again. But to compound it with taking an innocent life, they (as others have told me) ...they now have to carry around in their hearts and mind that they destroyed a life. Carrying the child for nine months then adopting it out makes the horror of it all not a life long burden to carry as it is when they choose to abort. Why destroy another life by the horrible crime that was commited.
Hopefully those men were charged with the crime.

As for your friend who became pregnant will engaged to someone..... I hope she isn't blaming him for the abortion. We are responsible for our own actions. Truth is she choose him over the baby. Truth is she decided to choose him. She made the choices and is now denying the truth.

Im sorry for what you have been through. I hope everything has turned out for the best.
We women make choices and we should own up to them not transfer them to someone else. By blaming others, we have the mentality of victims and can not live a fullfilling rich life as it was meant to be.

Peace to you.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I take offense to that massive stereotype. I am a man and ive never killed anything bigger than a bug... Also i have never had the urge to kill anything and even feel bad when i kill insects. Just the other day i was about to kill a spider... But i took the time to trap it in a cup and put it outside.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
For a man to kill is to gain power, but this power is only self influenced. Those given power by other man, still allows room for a man to kill for power. Even if it is self influenced.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I find this kinda amusing, you said only men start wars.. but here you are trying to start a war over the internet. Way to counter dict yourself

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Rentor]

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Rentor]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

OK, work with me for a moment here. Lets change the scenario a bit here.

There has been a natural disaster where you live. The store shelves are empty and all resources are exhausted. We are left on our own to find our own food and provide for our own survival.

Do you sit there an let your children starve to death, or do you pick up a gun and hunt game to feed them and keep them alive? It takes months to grow more food, so this is your only choice. Kill or starve.

Lets try another scenario. We have been invaded by another country. The Military is overwhelmed. Do you pick up arms and defend yourself or become a slave to the invading Army? Is it wrong to defend yourself?

And another. A burglar just entered your home. He plans on raping you and killing you and your children. There is a knife sitting next to you. Do you pick up the knife, kill the burglar or do you let him kill you and your children? You and your children will be dead before the Police arrive. You either kill the burglar or willingly let him kill you and your kids. Which is it?

You need to separate things in your mind. Violence is not always wrong. Killing is not always wrong. Hunting for food you eat is not wrong. Trophy hunting is wrong. War to defend our country is not wrong. War to invade an innocent country is wrong.

Your view of men vs. women is so warped as to make me wonder, are you a kid perhaps? Women are just as violent as men. They approach things differently though. A man fights when he needs to without thought. There is a danger, he reacts. Women tend to call upon men to defend them or manipulate men to do their violent acts for them. We evolved this way. Men are physically superior so women use men as a tool to defend themselves.

A world of peace without violence does not exist. People who don't defend themselves are weak and those who are strong will either take what they have or kill them. We are free right now because our country has a strong military that keeps the bad guys at bay. If we as a country were to disarm completely and disband our military today, another country would occupy us immediately and force their system on us. That is reality.

Men and Women are different. The differences compliment each other and we function best as a couple. Everything else is just radical hype by people who's thought processes differ from most everyone else. Women who hate all men or men who hate all women are not normal. In fact it could be defined as a mental illness.

[edit on 5/11/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm a man!

I have no urge to kill.

I think that you need to rethink this post and try again?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Women only kill less because they traditionally have less power than men. Whenever a woman is in control they are just as bloodthirsty as men.

Isabella of Spain tortured and killed anyone who wasn't Catholic. She also had many natives in the Americas killed.

Catherine of Russia had her husband, the Czar, killed so she could take power.

Indira Ghandi of India went to war with Pakistan in 1971.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
This is a post that is about men wanting to kill everything that moves.

Women do not want to kill, they want to nurture. Or most of them do.

I am asking this question - Why do men want to kill?

Men cause wars because they want to kill.

I am sick and tired of it.

Urgh...where's the minus star/minus flag button again?

I'd love to kill this thread...

EDIT: Look at this lovely lady. She just wants to nurture your children..

There are plenty of female killers out there. Killing for different reasons but killing none-the-less. They aren't all scum bag child killers like Hindley, but there are many of them out there. And for the record, most men don't want to kill. The vast majority of men that I have come into contact with in my life are normal people who show no signs of harbouring feelings of wanting to kill..Kill..KILL!!!

At least not openly. Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe the women I've met have felt this way too without me knowing?

I don't think so though. I think that you just have a problem with men. Dumped lately?

[edit on 11-5-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

why do men want to kill !

its a called Population Control the Method! of reducing -

Like the Lemmings the Creator ( your god or gods ) has put that trait in us

6 billion people x that by 5+ if there was no wars ! for 2 millenniums

and for the reason of woman being more nurtured!

its for bring the population up + healing the wounds ?

it is all that has to do with Balance....

that's my Answer .. to why..

from invading to conquer to get the best rich soil land to live on or get the best sources from it or to expand the growing population from a crowded land with the mix in between Greed and Religion ( Crusades )

just for a example look at U.K. or even Ireland there are 3 x much Irish Descent than Ireland it self and that just in the USA ! and for the UK just look towards Australia & New Zealand just imagine China or India start to do the same thing ! in a big rush....

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
heres is another take for killing !

to Hunt ! for Survival ! instinct in all Animals ! as we are Animals !

look at Antlered Animals Deer caribou ram ! look at a pride of the big cats!! the Alpha Males and Females of Wolves!!
to challenge for the fittest! strongest for survival the best breed!!!! it is just about in all animals

but the Human Society is more like ! Insects!!!!!!! Hive! Workers Soldiers builders caregivers Slave owners !! Invaders ! don't believe me!

Ant societies have division of labour, communication between individuals, and an ability to solve complex problems.[10] These parallels with human societies have long been an inspiration and subject of study.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

a video of ant farming for making fungus! like Humans ! well sort a and that just the farming part.. !!

RDF TV - Ants that farm, compost and weed - Nebraska Vignettes #4 - Richard Dawkins
www.youtube.com...
www.physorg.com...

Violence is everywhere and sometimes it right in our faces and we don't even notice ever look at a Pc Gaming Mag ! or any video game magazine! 80+ % is Violence

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
This is a post that is about men wanting to kill everything that moves.

Women do not want to kill, they want to nurture. Or most of them do.

I am asking this question - Why do men want to kill?

Men cause wars because they want to kill.

I am sick and tired of it.

As many have already said, humans don't want to kill. They surely want to survive but they also want specific things, mostly stupid things, such as power.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by sheikhylian]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Boudicca led an army against the Romans who had raped her daughters. Do you imagine that she did not want to kill Romans?

What of the baying crowds seen at the trials of child abusers? Do you imagine that those women do not want to slaughter the abuser? They instil terror in the heart of the abuser through the velocity of their verbal assault. Do you imagine the abuser thinks the crowd, many of them female, screaming like banshees, does not want to kill him/her?

It is unfair to discriminate in the way you have. All humans have the capacity for great violence. All humans have the potential to desire the death of another.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Alright alright I admit it...we're all killers...or should I say we are all able to do so.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by sheikhylian]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hmmm well I think if women were in charge then things would probably be just as bad, but for diferent reasons.

For example:

The Queen of Ireland ( thats me btw ) see's the Queen of Germany at a birthday ceremony and the Queen of Germany is wearing the SAME dress, Queen of Ireland then declares war on Germany.

Also

Queen of Denmarks's daughter was dating the Queen of Iran's son for a few months before dumping him for the Queen of Russia's much hotter son.

Queen of Iran then proceeds to nuke the crap outta Denmark, then Russia

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

The military engages in killing.
No they don't. If you trap a rabbit for dinner - that's killing. If you accidentally run over a dog - that's killing. If you stab someone whilst defending your life and they die - that's killing.

If you take a gun to war with the intent of killing other men merely because your Government told you to do so - you're a blood thirsty murderer - either that or an absolute moron who actually thinks you're serving your country with pride...

[edit on 11/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well if you look everywhere in Nature there are animals that do not repeat the same type of behaviour that we exhibit. So we could have not evolved into this. I believe in the facts offered about genetic manipulation. They say that the dark tendancies we have come from an alien gene. As for the woman part. Take a look around. The world would be better off if woman took over the governments of the world and booted out the men for awhile. Maybe it would be a better world if we only kept woman in charge. This form of governing seemed to work very very very well for the mohawk people surround the great lakes before collonialism.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Probably because women drive us to do it... all the irrational crap that comes out of you mouths, the pms, the not tonight hunny, the dumb mind games that you play, am I fat, and so on and so forth....

You aint innocent in this game their princess....

sex, money, and drugs!!! women can be linked to all 3!!!

so I guess its you gals that are really responsible....

just sayin

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
well...i think we all only need listen to Conan, the Cimmerian for the answer:

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I want to kill because I am a man. Basically.

Oh, and it's not man only

My sister wants to kill too.

It's human.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join