It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do men want to kill?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Sup...

Cleopatra certainly started wars, by trying to set up a rival empire to Rome, in partnership with Mark Anthony. and Boudicca, Queen of the Iceni, staged a major rebellion against the might of Rome, though she was severely provoked. Another Queen who rebelled against Rome was Zenobia of Palmyra. Like Boudicca, she was defeated, but unlike Boudicca was allowed to live. Aefelflaed, the 'Lady of the Mercians' daughter of Alfred the Great of Wessex, fought against the Danes, with her husband the King of Mercia, and after his death led the army herself, and eventually died in battle fighting them. Matilda of Tuscany fought against the Austrian Emperor in support of the Pope. She governed a large part of Italy in her own right, and was a major military leader. Joan of Arc did not start a war, she participated in one. The Hundred Years War had been going on for - well, nearly a hundred years, by the time she entered it. But she was a military leader of note, who raised the seige of Orleans and had the Dauphin crowned King of France at Rheims. Margaret of Anjou fought for her husband King Henry VI of england aginst his rival the Duke of York. Lakshmibai (the Valiant Rani) queen of Jhansi, fought fearlessly against the British in the Indian Mutiny in the 1850s, and died in battle. Margaret Thatcher succesfully implemented the war against Argentina in the Falkland Islands.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
This is a post that is about men wanting to kill everything that moves.

Women do not want to kill, they want to nurture. Or most of them do.

I am asking this question - Why do men want to kill?

Men cause wars because they want to kill.

I am sick and tired of it.

Men are territorial,
so protect their range from others,
extending to give more to family.

Whereas females live within a range,
so nurturing the within

when there is territory in abundance then females are leaders,
since more nurtering is required.

when there is scarcity of territory,
then men thrive as they are required for protecting and maintaining territory.

female nurtering tendencies grow populations,
while male destructive tendencies sift populations.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

That's a good point...there has been many of wars fought over a woman. So who is pulling all the strings here? I know my wife pulls mine….

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
this kinda goes against my religion but i think it is instilled in us as men to hunt or kill for food and or providing for the family.. and the women's role is to take care of the children. dont take that the wrong way as if im trying to say women aren't as capable of doing such things as men do but jus my opinion

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
edit - wrong thread

[edit on 12-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I'll admit that I skipped most of the thread but gave you a star and flag for thought.

We as a human race should relinguish our nature back to the feminine. Women are far more naturalistic than men. Women are natural nuturers and should be in CHARGE, Men are feeble and will use thier physical prowess to suppress society. Women are far better at keeping the peace than men are. Admit it! Truely.

Women work outside of the home and inside of the home. Hell, they even cut the grass! Women will always out-do men in everything.

Women are now the ones that graduate college beyond men. Women in my opinion are the rock of society.

I'm a gay man and can easily see this. The world would rotate much better with them in charge. Think about it...no wars and a balanced check book.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by brilab45]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by brilab45]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Wow what rock do you live under op, men and women kill period. And the only reason more men go to war then women is because most women dont have to go, why go when you can get the benefits of the spoils of war from men that survived war.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Appreciate your points but please read the thread and some of the responses by the OP, prefrebly before you flag and star. There are some very big holes in the logic of the OP, its bigoted and sexist, but hey lets just flag and star without reading.

edit to add - "Think about it...no wars and a balanced check book. " Are you being serious, or just bringing some humor to the thread?

[edit on 12/5/2010 by LestatG]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Atleast let ATS be free of feminazi BS!

Why do not the OP goes to some "feminist" forum instead and indulge in the male bashing there.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Doc Gator

The military engages in killing.
No they don't. If you trap a rabbit for dinner - that's killing. If you accidentally run over a dog - that's killing. If you stab someone whilst defending your life and they die - that's killing.

If you take a gun to war with the intent of killing other men merely because your Government told you to do so - you're a blood thirsty murderer - either that or an absolute moron who actually thinks you're serving your country with pride...

[edit on 11/5/10 by CHA0S]

We can discuss the morality and the motives of those involved, but the simple fact remains that murder is a legal definition and normal military operations do not meet the requirements.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I am a man, personally, I save animals from death everyday. Mostly insects but they are beautiful creatures as much as any other animal.

My Girlfriend on the other hand, has a can of flyspray and she ruthlessly kills anything that flies through the window!

This thread is bullsh, sorry, but you have a very clouded view of men OP.

I can't believe you really think like this.

Edit to add: Having read some of your later responses I am vexed by your views. The only thing that I agree with, is your mention of Margaret Thatcher. I assume you were referring to the Falklands War?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

If you really want to compare genders, I think that women are even more viscous. not only do they kill but they are experts in deceiving and conniving men. They know how to manipulate, and can do it so well the victims never realize it until it is too late.

They may not do the killing but they will manipulate others to do it for them!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You know I think this thread and a few others are actually someone testing the members on here.
IMO.....
We are suppose to deny ignorance, we AREN'T when we allow ourselves to get suckered into ignorant subjects, wasting our time and giving the op the attention they seek, all the while the op is controlling us with vague responses. The OP doesn't seek advice or help, the op seeks to spread misery!
I failed the test..... and more than once.

This man hater, attention seeker or seriously in need of counseling op due to a loss in her family from something tragic, .... it's probably a man who needed to make a list of who deny's ignorance and who hasn't quite got it yet. Dang it.

I wish us all luck!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What?

There may be some men who kill, but the majority doesnt and dont want to. Maybe you have watched too much violent crimes TV shows or news broadcasts...?

Turn that crap off and take in the real world. Men dont want to kill anything.

Maybe some world leaders want wars, and maybe they are men, but it would be great if you didnt assume the other 3 billion men are like them.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lowki

cough, Catharine the great, Cough

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The OP is saying YOU like to kill.

Gay or not do you think men like to kill the way the OP states?

Do you need a woman to take charge of you?
The mom or the principle type?
I expect you to read the whole thread AND get back with us with your opinion as soon as possible.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

The OP is saying YOU like to kill.

Gay or not do you think men like to kill the way the OP states?

Do you need a woman to take charge of you?
The mom or the principle type?
I expect you to read the whole thread AND get back with us with your opinion as soon as possible.

First, I like to say that men who kill animals are taught hunting by their fathers. It's kinda like hardening a young man to the facts of life. I would take no joy in killing anything, but I would not misconstrue that right of passage to being likened that men enjoy kiling anything that moves.

Some do and many don't. If a womens evil looks could kill, there would be very few men left. They'd keep us gays though. They need their hair and nails done.

Secondly, is there anyone here (male or female) that has not thought of the demise of another human being? We are all human and harbor a dark side.

Most people who kill are sociopaths/psychopaths. Unfortuanately, the criminal statistics back up the point that men kill more than women.

I definitely agree with another poster that women are far more kniving. Guess there seems to be a wash out here in my opinion. The sexes are very different and are taught different societal/sexist norms.

But NO, men are not on any large scale .....murderers and killers of all things that move.

When you look at the animal kingdom, it reflects exactly like us humans. The boys like to strut their stuff and showoff.

A widow spider kills her mate.

Oh thats right, humans are animals too!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
This is a post that is about men wanting to kill everything that moves.

Women do not want to kill, they want to nurture. Or most of them do.

I am asking this question - Why do men want to kill?

Men cause wars because they want to kill.

I am sick and tired of it.

This post sounds rather femenist in nature. You lied in your brief post.

Lie #1- Men want to kill everything that moves.----Not true. An ignorant generalization. Very few men want to kill everything that moves. There are women who want to kill everything that moves as well. There is no gender bias with psychotics.

Lie #2-Women don't want to kill, they want to nurture. ---Like the lady who strapped her kids in the car and drove it into the lake and watched them drown? There are nurturing men and nurturing women. There are violent men and violent women.

Lie #3-Men cause wars because they want to kill--No wars are caused for power, nothing more.

Some women who started wars come to mind, hapshepsut, Catherine the great, Isabella of spain, empress Cixi, Boudica, Wu Zetian, Trung Sisters, EMpress Matilda, Kahina, Zenobia, etc.... There are many many more. It may be best to educate yourself before making untrue broadbased assumptions.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Here I follow a budding Psychiatrist. Head buried in the sand.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join