It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Manual Top Secret/Majic Eyes Only: Extraterrestrial Entities and Technology, Recovery and D

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antor
An example of what is inside the document.

The Goals of MJ-12 Group.

Special or unusual conditions for... Official Disclosure.

Not wanting to throw dirt, but I have a concern regarding the phrasing of some paragraphs.

The whole bit about the Current Situation seems out of place in a manual regarding recovery of ET belongings or bodies.
The phrases used seems to be closer to some of the summarisations made by UFO-"researchers", than close to the official language normally used in military manuals.

It doesn't ring true for me. I've had my share of military manuals throughout time and none of them have ever been phrased in this "UFO symposion" type of way.

Maybe it's just me.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by spacevisitor

Just to clarify. The SOM1-01 in the OP is not the "revised" SOM1-01 found on OMF.

That’s quite obvious in my opinion, because I spoke very clearly that it was about an alternate SOM1-01 version.

By the way here's an interesting read of what former MUFON man James Carrion has to say about Open minds forum.

I did read it, but I do not see what that all has to do with the posted articles on that site about that alternate SOM1-01 version.

On page 20 in SOM1-01 there's a drawing of a triangle shaped craft and it looks exactly like the "Belgium triangle". SOM1-01 surfaced after the black triangle craze began in the early 1990s.

I see more shaped crafts in that drawing, so I don’t see in any way how you could come to a conclusion that SOM1-01 surfaced after the black triangle sightings in the early 1990s.

They were seen much earlier than the early 1990s.

Anectdotal I know, but there are just too many coincidences.

You made me curious, can you point them out here?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Another interesting Manual:
The Fire Officer’s Guide to Disaster Control.
It is a massive, 600-plus page book detailing various emergency scenarios and how to respond to them. As the Fire Department is the first service to arrive at many emergency situations, the book is a quality guide for crisis response and management.

And then you come to Chapter 13. It’s titled “Enemy Attack and UFO Potential."
THE UFO THREAT - A FACT.

You might say this chapter is meant to teach proper response to human behaviors, and is not about alien attack remediation. Or you may say it’s meant to react to Earthly UFOs, like stealth technologies from another nation visiting our airspace. Nope. The authors are talking about aliens: green-skinned, big-headed, silver-jumpsuit-wearing aliens.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antor

And then you come to Chapter 13. It’s titled “Enemy Attack and UFO Potential."
THE UFO THREAT - A FACT.

Hi Antor, I did hear about that existing chapter quite some time ago, it is indeed quite remarkable but really not surprising in my opinion, because they can indeed not rule out that possibility.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It is important to remember that these documents were NOT put into public hands only the photos of the documents were. This means that no forensic tests could be done on them. There also has been no legitimate independent verification of these documents existance.

Two soon after finding these documents I was disappointed by coming to the end of the trail. Overall this is a dead end case that exists in a vacuum. Maybe its legitimate, maybe its not.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Antor

This is MILITARY DISINFO/PSYOPS, NOTHING MORE!!!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I only just glanced over this, but it seems amazing! What impact do you think it might have toward Disclosure?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The last time I saw this manual on the internet it was not as neatly typed and in a different font. Also, it had not been copied very well and some pages were worn, bent over at one time, with some pieces torn off.

I think this is just a retyped version of a manual already on the internet for years.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Below are a number of arguments against the authenticity of various MJ-12 documents:

The FBI investigated the matter, and quickly formed doubts as to the documents' authenticity. FBI personnel contacted the U.S. Air Force, asking if MJ-12 had ever existed. The Air Force reported that no such committee had ever been authorized, and had never been formed. The FBI presently declares that "The investigation was closed after it was learned that the document was completely bogus."

Critics note that the documents are of suspicious provenance. Shandera and Good both claimed to have received documents from anonymous senders, and most subsequent MJ-12 documents have surfaced under equally questionable circumstances.

Though Good initially thought the documents were genuine, he has since, according to Philip Klass, expressed "suspicions about the new ... documents" due to "some factual anomalies in their content."

UFO researcher Jerome Clark discusses the MJ-12 documents in the "Hoaxes" section of his The UFO Book, and strongly favors a hoax interpretation. He notes that as of 1998
Important Topic Updates
, a mere "handful" of ufologists support the documents' authenticity.

Another bit of evidence—which perhaps argues against Menzel's membership, at least—is that in 1949, he reported a UFO encounter to the U.S. Air Force. It is argued Menzel would have no reason to send a "confidential" UFO report to the Air Force two years later when he witnessed two aerial lights he described as "exceptional." Furthermore, Menzel's 1949 report makes no mention of any such group as MJ-12. See the main Donald Menzel page for more information and a counterargument.

Scientific forensic linguistic testing was applied to select Majestic Documents in 2007 by Dr. Carol Chaski and evidence was found to disprove attributed authorship. Dr. Chaski is the founder of The Institute for Linguistic Evidence (ILE), a research organization that validates reliable document authentication techniques and provides assistance to investigators and attorneys in criminal and civil trials whenever the authorship of any document is questioned or suspicious.."[48]

The format by the Majestic-12 Documents, with justification and different fonts and type-sizes, generates some doubts: the first typewriter with IBM typeballs (selector compensator) and with it replaceable fonts was the IBM 72, built from 1962, and only the successors of this machine also had the memory necessary for justification.

Page 11 of the Special Operations Manual SOM1-01 refers to "Area 51 S4", which is the same nomenclature and location referenced by R. Lazar 35 years later in 1989. Given the history which is known about Area 51, it is unlikely that the S4 facility could have been built as early as 1954, nor that the government would continue to employ the same nomenclature, and the same physical facilities, for 4 decades.

Source

Wow.. you definitely have a point there...The FBI and other Government Agencies would NEVER lie to us... ummm ever!

We know for a fact that every piece of equipment that the Government or shadow Government has, has been brought to our attention as the last screw was being, ummm... screwed in place.

Thanks for clearing all this up. It's definitely a hoax... the Government has nothing to hide and when and if they ever come across aliens or an alien ship we the PEOPLE will be the FIRST to know...

lol (rme) extra DIV

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Compliments!

Your irony is more effective than thousand words...

Thanks for your sharp comment. Star.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
One of the best TV shows ever made covering subject of Aliens/Majestic involvement. Being into these conspiracy this TV show almost 90% follows the real conspiracy and creates a very detail and out of box thinking. Somehow I missed this while it was on TV (haven't watched TV in years) and came across it few weeks back, was blown away what came first... the show, or the conspiracies
Anyhow thought some of you might enjoy it... sadly it got canceled, the only logical explanation is that they were so close to truth that someone up high pulled the plug!

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix666

This is MILITARY DISINFO/PSYOPS, NOTHING MORE!!!

Hi phoenix666, you made me quite curious, seeing your post here gives me the impression that you must be definitely some sort of an insider so to speak, someone with what they call “a need to know”.

Therefore you must be able to tell me or can show me the evidence that will proofs without a doubt that it is all indeed nothing more than military disinfo/psyops.

And if so, for what purpose may I ask?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Below are a number of arguments against the authenticity of various MJ-12 documents:

The FBI presently declares that "The investigation was closed after it was learned that the document was completely bogus."

Critics note that the documents are of suspicious provenance. Shandera and Good both claimed to have received documents from anonymous senders, and most subsequent MJ-12 documents have surfaced under equally questionable circumstances.

Source

I have a few problems with your cut/paste response:

1) Since when should we believe the findings of the government when it investigates itself? Have we not seen blatant cover ups before from these sort of "investigations?"

2) Bill Cooper uncovered Shandera and Good as disinfo agents, and although some question the legitimacy of Cooper's claims, in his book "Behold a Pale Horse" he offers intriguing evidence...

My point being, its probably impossible to determine whether or not this book is genuine, but as someone who has read many government/military handbooks it does keep in the vein of "its better to have and not need, than to need and not have." I'm sure there are/were books of this sort given to high ranking intelligence officers, or people working on black projects.

Lastly, why do people expect the government to just admit to things of this sort? Of course they will deny, disinform, basically to anything to keep the public in the dark.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

SOM1-01 was what everyone interested in the Roswell/MJ12/Area51 mythos was waiting for in the early 1990s. It surfaced one year before the Alien autopsy video. The manual didn't offer any new information, it just conveniently confirmed the mythos. It references Area 51 S4, a place that Bob Lazar talked about in 1989. It shows a drawing of a triangle which looks exactly like the 1990 Belgium triangle.

Here are more discrepancies that haven't been addressed in this thread yet.

7. “Eyes Only” is not a security classification. It is sometimes used as a communication procedure and sometimes as custom in the military. It sounds very “James Bond.” However, when used in communication it is generally directed to one named individual. I would very much like to see a security manual that covers “Eyes Only".

12. There is not page count. Most, not all manuals of this time would have a page count so the accountable individual could easily verify that the manual was complete.

18. Majestic-12, Majestic 12 Group, Majic 12, MJ-12 are not defined. Sometimes they are used interchangeable.

19. Paragraph (Para) 2, Chapter 1. “MJ-12 takes the subject of the UFOBs...” Procedures require that when an acronym is first used it is defined.

21. Para 2a, chapter 1. “The general aspects of MJ-12 to clear up any misconception that anyone may have.” This is a howler. Manual are published to prescribe actions and set standards not “clear up misconceptions.."

25. Para 6c, Chapter 2. Appendix II is said to contain a list of Majectic--12 personnel. (Not in the manual available to Berliner.) Note that nowhere is a clear chain of command and support relationships discussed for the MJ-12 teams.

30. Para 13ª, Chapter 3. Personnel are going to be issued live ammunition for perimeter duty. There is no discussion here of the use of deadly force. No publications are cited. There are not regulations on the use of the deadly force in Appendix I. There are no references to qualifications with weapons. Neither are there an publications cited in appendix I. This borders on gross negligence!

32. Para 13d, Chapter 3. Situation Evaluation. What information does MJ-12 want and in what format? Notice that is not discussed. Nor is there a reference cited in Appendix I.

34. Para 14ª, Chapter 3. The area will be checked for radiation. What type? What type of monitoring equipment should be used? Should radiation exposure records be kept on personnel? Should dosimeters (sp?) be issued? Decontamination procedures and monitoring of exposed personnel are not discussed. No guidance and no publications are cited.

Source

The fact that this document received the highest authenticity rating from majesticdocuments.com means that those guys are either gullible or are knowingly spreading hoaxed material.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
As someone who deals with classified information on a daily basis...going on 25+ years now....the document looks bogus based upon its security markings, or lack thereof. I have accessed thousands and thousands of documents created in the 1950's and 1960's, and even back then there were certain conventions and protocols within security channels regarding the classification, marking, and controls for classified documentation. This document does not conform to those conventions, and, IMHO, appears to be an amateurish forgery.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

“Eyes Only” is not a security classification. It is sometimes used as a communication procedure and sometimes as custom in the military. It sounds very “James Bond.” However, when used in communication it is generally directed to one named individual. I would very much like to see a security manual that covers “Eyes Only".

Your source IS NO GOOD.en.wikipedia.org...

Handling caveats
The United States also has a system of restrictive caveats that can be added to a document: these are constantly changing, but can include (in abbreviated form) a requirement that the document not be shared with civilian contractor or not leave a specific room. These restrictions are not classifications in and of themselves; rather, they restrict the dissemination of information within those who have the appropriate clearance level and possibly the "need to know" the information. Remarks such as "Eyes Only" also limit the restriction. One violating these directives might be guilty of violating a lawful order or mishandling classified information.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

Maybe so but as it clearly states on it, its only for the eyes of a select few people so why wouldthey need to stamp 'Top Secret' all over it???

And i'm pretty sure that if this is real and aliens exist, the documents are handled by 'not your average joe'...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Antor

The section you refer to in the Wiki article is not sourced, so it IS NO GOOD.

Let me ask you this who "leaked" the SOM1-01 manual? Is there a way for me to evaluate the original source?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Antor

Well done! Quite ingenious way of displaying it. Some people when they find material fail to duplicate it however instead think they are doing the right thing by turning it in to authorities. Always a bad move. Whoever has it should keep it safe and well hidden unless they are one of those people who are allowed to tell people of their experiences.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join