It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are psychic/clairvoyance/etc ablilities genetic?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
So today the family gathered at my grandparents home for mothers day. My uncle and cousin started talking about the television show Paranormal State and it resulted in the discussion of the paranormal.

I learned from my grandfather that is grandmother was a psychic. She babysat a young boy often and he ended up vanishing. No one knew where he was or what happened to him. Under hypnosis, my great grandmother was able to tell the police where his body was located. Lo and behold , they found the body. She died when my grandfather was really young so he doesn't know alot about her.

I have the "ability" to read people quite easily. Once i learn a bit about their emotional and physical habits I can accurately predict what they will do in any given situation and how they will respond to it. This also grants me the ability to know their thoughts. I discovered that I could do this a year ago, I'm sure its been with me my whole life but I never fully realized it. I just brushed it aside as a normal thing until I realized, "Hey, normal people can't do that." I told this to my grandfather and we surmised that this must have been the method my great grandmother used, well its a theory.

My grandfather himself has had strong memories of his past life. He drove through a town in Kansas, never been there before, and knew exactly where everything was. He consciously realized some of the buildings where different. When he was a kid he lived with his grandfather for a few years and his grandfather sat at the same window every day. After he died my grandfather walked home and saw his grandfather, peering out the window like he did every day before.

Then my grandmother started to talk about her family. Her mother was a water witch, so was my great-uncle and one of his nephews. She was able to find the well her parents dug the next state over.

I've had multiple paranormal experiences during my life. Among my siblings and parents I seem to be the only one.

Could this be genetic at all?

Also: I am interested in past life regression hypnosis, how can I find someone who can do it? Is there a directory of some sort or are they found word of mouth?

Edit: I don't call myself psychic. I don't know what to call it. I've had alot of experiences with spirits, the mind thing is pretty new to me. My cousin told me all these stories about how I would tell them about what I saw(our houses former owner still hung around, and in my bedroom) and it scared them. I was only 2 or 3 when I first told them. Since then I've had a spirit attach to me and witnessed activity while traveling around.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by ItsAgentScully]

Edit: Changed title for a broader subject

[edit on 10-5-2010 by ItsAgentScully]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If you are a Psychic can you tell me what is my first name (no last names) and give me a physical description of my future girl/wife
And please meet the maker of this thread sirbikesalot I believe he can give you some info because he is a Psychic as well
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by starwarsisreal]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
If you are a Psychic can you tell me what is my first name (no last names) and give me a physical description of my future girl/wife

That is a very trolling question. And the future isn't written in stone. IF the OP were to give into your trolling, it would only hinder your right to free will. But if you want to know (since I don't do names---have never been able to do so) your future girl/wife will be dark blonde or brunette with shoulder-length hair, about 5'2", a bit on the stocky side, but with a well defined figure, green to hazel eyes, and a very annoying laugh...and I mean ANNOYING. Oh, and shouldn't you be in bed? You have school in the morning.

------------------------

To the OP-

Well, to answer your question in 6000 characters or less, I do not believe that "sensitive" abilities have to be passed down genetically. I think every human is capable of ESP to some extent. Some are more capable of others, and that is where the genes come in. I know personally that I come from a long line of sensitives. My grandmother used to read tea leaves for people, and predicted the death of several of my uncle's friends when he was in high school. She got it down to the time, date, place, and circumstances of their deaths. All from reading tea leaves.

There are a few different schools of thought regarding the psi ability, and genetics do play a role in that. One school of thought is that people with extraordinary psi ability were "chosen" to bare the burden of this ability. Others say that is a latent ability that humans used to possess in the days before civilization. Think of it like a natural nature sense, and being in tune with your surroundings. You always see birds and such flying away hours if not days before some natural disaster. Whales will head out to deeper ocean when they know there will be a massive storm system. It is basically an animal "sixth sense" that humans have forgotten to use.

My personal belief is that some of us are better in tune with the energies around us, and in turn our spirits are able to resonate better with those energies, giving us abilities such as: clairvoyance, telepathy, mediumship, empathy and pre-cognition. I specialize in energy work, clairvoyance, empathy, and mediumship, but have been known to get pre-cognitive thoughts every so often. Telepathy is an ability I have chosen to shut off, as it's too easy to see what someone is thinking about, which would change the way you would approach the person. It is very similar to empathy, except with empathy, you are only reading emotions, not thoughts.

Anyhow, these are only my $.02 on the question at hand, and I hope there will be more sensitives on the boards that will be willing to address your question.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Truthseeker, I just wanted to know what type of girl I want. Sorry if I sound like a troll are you a psychic too? If so I desparately wanted to as you some questions

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
first of all im definitely sure that someone who is psychic cant just tell you your name via the internet. and it sounds like you may be looking for sum1 to tell you about your future. secondly, being psychic i think can be both genetic and not. ive heard of it being very common in certain families, so if your family has a history you would have a higher chance. but it doesnt have to be genetics. there are a lot of people who have no family history of it and still possess the ability. consider yourself lucky and try to find somebody to help you strengthen and control the abilities. good luck!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lowercasebecky

You are very correct. Because right now it seems I'm a bit crumbling

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I was serious the first time, friend. The future is not set in stone. Just live your teenage life and enjoy it. Be a kid and grow up at your own rate. You shouldn't be worrying about girls and all that right now. They are too much trouble. When you find someone you connect with, you'll know. Now go read a book instead of watching MTV or some garbage like that.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

---apologies to the OP for the off topic post.---

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Can you answer some questions that I come across please. Because I might ask some questions about my school life

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sorry OP for being too off topic I'm just in need of Psychic for advises

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
To be on topic now there are other ways of bing a Psychics ven ordinary people can become Psychics through effort. However it's no easy task.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
One of the theories, at least according to a guy named Prince Nicholas de Vere von Drakenberg
, who claims royalty and a lineage to the Annunaki, is that these sort of things pass through the blood. The idea is that the Annunaki created a ruling class with special powers.

My great, great grandmother, saw the face of my grandfather before she ever met him.

Myself, i feel that there is a certain way of thinking that allows you to connect to things. You just kinda know; and, I can not control it. Always little things for me. Once i was riding with a girl i had just met over to her house; and, i told her i could tell her something about herself. Her reaction was bs! So, i told her that i hoped her pomeranian didn't bite. She went white and asked me what was different about her pomeranian. But, i didn't get that part, the dog only had three legs.

Additionally, as you said about getting to know how people think. I have relied on this my whole life. Many times in conversation, exactly the same words pop out of mine and the others mouth at the same time.

Also, i have had many paranormal events occur, which i have made a few posts about here. As far as my immediate family, i have two sisters and two brothers. My oldest sister and I have a touch, but not the others.

I also think that bizzarre coincidences are sometimes psychic in nature. for example, you run into someone you were just thinking about, that you haven't seen in years. I can be very forgetful; and, when trying to remember a name of a band or something, invariably, i will run across it by accident within a few days.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by ogbert]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

And please meet the maker of this thread sirbikesalot I believe he can give you some info because he is a Psychic as well
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't really know if I am psychic or what to even call myself. And things like that can only really be determined by you. Your actions determine your relationship with that person, not set in stone as truthseeker has said

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Paranormal abilities are genetic and very much alive in the families coding. As well as these families are known to tptb. I have psychic abilities includng clarvoyance and intuitivity. Happens daily and my gf hates it. Guessing what going to happen in
many bizarre thoughts but the are accurate. Be careful because it can be troublesome and very much desired by certain corporations.
But yes your psychic abilities are very much passed down through genetics

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well to be on topic, I would say that even though I think the ability probably lies within most everyone, it is "nearer the surface" in some people and family lines.
Who knows, it sounds like ease of those abilities kind of runs in your family.

Off topic a bit, sirbikesalot basically told me he is a sham, and he said too bad nobody is bright enough to notice. Seems so many people are desperate to know their future. Such a short attention span they can't even wait to see how their own life plays out.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have heard that in some cases people can be psychic through accidents

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onasty
Be careful because it can be troublesome and very much desired by certain corporations.

Yes, I have had experience with that and i never really thought about it that way. The troublesome part i can also relate to. I prefer to keep my thoughts to myself mostly, because it does annoy people, at times.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by ogbert]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
starwarsisreal, the girl you want is already in your mind, u just put descriptions (looks, characteristics etc) together, so that when you meet her you recognise her

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ogbert
One of the theories, at least according to a guy named Prince Nicholas de Vere von Drakenberg
, who claims royalty and a lineage to the Annunaki, is that these sort of things pass through the blood. The idea is that the Annunaki created a ruling class with special powers.
[edit on 9-5-2010 by ogbert]

I've been thinking over the bloodline theory. I do plan on looking to my grandfathers family history(the one with the psychic grandmother). Someone traced his mothers tree back to Joan of Arc(well, her sister). His family is a large French line that remained so until they came to the United States in the early 20th century.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

That is a very trolling question. And the future isn't written in stone. IF the OP were to give into your trolling, it would only hinder your right to free will. But if you want to know (since I don't do names---have never been able to do so) your future girl/wife will be dark blonde or brunette with shoulder-length hair, about 5'2", a bit on the stocky side, but with a well defined figure, green to hazel eyes, and a very annoying laugh...and I mean ANNOYING. Oh, and shouldn't you be in bed? You have school in the morning.

Are you claiming you are psychic, truthseeker1984?

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof.

If so, you can surely tell me how many siblings I have, their genders & how many are still alive?

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof. We just want the truth.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Off topic a bit, sirbikesalot basically told me he is a sham, and he said too bad nobody is bright enough to notice. Seems so many people are desperate to know their future. Such a short attention span they can't even wait to see how their own life plays out.

So why isn't Sirbikesalot banned yet? Shouldn't he be banned for hoaxing?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join