It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's called being marginalized, and it happens in many places with high rates of imigration. I, for my area at least am guessing at least 2 more generations before the population becomes more stable where the majority speak English well and things more or less stabilize.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beyondsense

Hello beyondsense, Nope, the management is not composed by illegal’s unless you mean illegal activity. Then I dare to say yes, theft for one is illegal. They are also driven by praise from their bosses. Pats on the head by driving up the numbers. For them its all about the numbers aka big fat paychecks and bonuses.

Fraud? Sadly yes, yes! I certainly did question many things but soon found out that was not a good idea. I stayed on at the shelter because of the children, legal and not.
They taught me so much. Such resilience they possess.
I had to decide whether to stay and witness fraud, politics, preferential treatment, abuse (child on child abuse, mothers neglecting their children, theft; employees stealing donations such as makeup or tickets to local attractions for their own children or the adult clients stealing from other clients and children, ect.), or leave. Corruption is alive and well there too! Yes, the Americans have issues (to say the least) just as much as illegal’s do!
I stayed for two years. I wasn't there to judge or voice my personal opinions (as per our laws) and if I hoped to stay focused.
I was there to hopefully make a difference, be it with an ear to listen or to give a hug or a smile, or to be a temporary constant, lol, in their lives attempting to maintain structure and fairness where I could with my own limited awareness of what I could do.

This too may (hopefully) get to a boiling point and hopefully it will be addressed just as the illegal immigrant issues.
Yes, welfare and yes, applying for food stamps, free boarding, and more……yes! They DO!
Thnak you, Peace to you too.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

[edit on 10-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

SweetLiberty, thank you in the name of all of those you helped selfishlessly, illegal or not.

Peace.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bewbzilla
Kind of ironic this is all happening. Funny thing is, this isn't nearly as bad as what we did to the native Americans...

Maybe you did something to the native Americans, but don't include the rest of us within your "we". Most of us weren't even conceived yet. Nice of you to admit your age though.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

They owned them by claim only, which is no right at all.

It is just a cheap excuse to hold prejudicial grudges.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Just because Lincoln disagreed with the war doesn't change the fact the Mexico, led by Mexico's oligarchy, declared war on the U.S. first, and attempted to invade the U.S. first.

Just because they lost, doesn't change that they were the aggressors.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If I was a subsistance farmer (Campesinos) in Mexico, I might try to get to the US as well.

The NAFTA treaty is starving the Mexican subsistance farmers because the US is flooding the Mexican Market w/cheap grain products.

With NAFTA, cereal grains have poured into Mexico from the United States. Almost half of the campesinos forced to leave the countryside were producers of staple grains like corn. Grain production is controlled on both sides of the border by huge agro-industrial corporations like Cargill and Archer Daniels Midland. Prices of grains in Mexico have risen 257% since the signing of the NAFTA treaty. Close to 80% of Mexican workers cannot afford to buy the basic necessities of life.

Source

Having lived on the Gulf Coast most of my life, I've become accustomed to the Mexican culture and her people.

In response to the OP though, it's a shame that you have become hateful towards these folks. Reminds me of the time when Irish immigrants came to the US to escape starvation. They were treated with the same disgust.

It's important to remember that these folks are just people.... and there, but for the grace of God, go I.

edit to add source.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Anamnesis]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Your lucky that england gave america too you. Damn french! jk

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by MonteroReal

most of my people is very law-abiding

Most of your peoples are here illegally.. or were born by illegals.

Mosf of my people is not there, is here in our countries, or do u think there are 400 hundreds million illegal hispanics in US? do u want 400 hundred millions of us to go there?

Most of my people never go there.

Originally posted by Rockpuck

A little bit of History: Mexico wasn't a country until Spain made it a country. We forced Spain to give Mexico independence

You are so wrong, but so wrong, Mexico became independent when the elite rejected the liberal coup in Spain, they offer a independent mexican crown to the King so he could govern in a conservative way and he say no so they broke up all the links, US didnt force Spain.

You are confussed with Cuba i think.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick1
reply to post by Angus123

Or Obama can do his job. His job as chief executive is PROTECT AND SECURE THE BORDERS. The buck stops with him with this issue and no one else. The constitution gives the executive branch of the govt. the authority over national borders not the legislative or judicial branches. If he did his job no illegals would cross the border. If he did his job there would be no illegals for corporations to hire. Problem solved.
Mr. President enforce the law and seal the borders!!!

0 should be impeached for failing to secure the borders.

Odd thing is when Kuccinich drew up his Bush impeachment papers 35 counts he left out securing the borders.

Remember folks every 2 immigrants will become over 100 with their babies in 80 years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Let's see, who should we believe...the greatest President in US history who was actually there at the time, or some uneducated morons claiming they know the truth 150 years later....? I'll go with Abe on this one.

Peace.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Should Bush have been impeached for it as well?
Or his father?
Reagan?
Nixon?

And every other president that served before Obama?

Or just Obama?

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Angus123]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Should Bush have been impeached for it as well?

Yes.

Or his father?

Yes.

Reagan? Nixon?

Yes and Yes.. but, you silly liberal you.. you forgot Clinton.

And, for the record, McCain wouldn't have done a single thing differently than Obama.. same tools.

And.... in case those Progressive eyes of yours couldn't read, Rrocky implicated that Bush should have been impeached under Kuccinich's paper.

Kuccinich, a true American, compared Bush's policy on immigration to be on par with Indentured Servitude.. Granted, I'd carry that over to every President since FDR's economic policy regarding property rights and debt.. but ya, he was essentially spot on.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
[edit on 11-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yes I also called for G.W. Bush to be impeached and signed petitions to that effect. Any other questions.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This whole thread, starting from the OP's rant, sounds EXACTLY as Germany did in the early 1930's. Actually, the introduction sounds almost identical to how Mein Kamp began.

Just switch Mexican/hispanic/latino for jew/judery and you have the perfect Nazi speech.

History does repeat itself.

Take a minority that looks and behaves differently, and blame EVERYTHING that is wrong in your country on them. They cannot defend themselves, so they provide the perfect scapegoat.

Just remember when the next bloodbath starts, who will be there to stand up for you.

Well done, OP. You should feel (white) proud of yourself.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I live in Los Angeles.
I agree.
Not personal or individual just reality.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
As an American I think there are some deeper truths that many of you are not acknowledging. This country never belonged to us in the first place and the Mexican's are direct descendants of the Indians. The government not doing anything about this also has a lot to do with the debt they need to trade off to other countries. What I mean by that is, is every American who has a birth certificate is worth probably 100billion dollars in silver.

This was created after the second world war when the US became bankrupt. So you guys are correct when you say it's our government because it is, but this is what happens when you have a nation full of people who has consistently been obsessed with being parented over, and being governed over. You let certain laws go in to place and then the chickens come home to roost and now we cry. Well if you feel that it's so unfair, let me ask you this, did you think it was unfair when the Indians had their land taken from them by force? Did you think it was unfair when African people were brought to America through slavery? Do you think that it's fair for the white supremacist system that has been in place in America to treat all indigenous life unfair and unequal? I think you said it right the first time when you stated you are a racist.

To be a racist means you want to benefit everything that your system has created off the backs of others and enforcing your survival by the suppression of others. Indigenous people do not control any of the economic systems that are in place here, nor do they control the government, the banks or the trade. Let's be realistic and come to grips that our forefathers sold us down the drain a long time ago. Something for you to think about...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Are you kidding us or what?? You sound like you were born a racist rather than being a so called all inclusive man who never judged by race....I call bull#. I'm a racist but not to the hispanic community you dolt. Don't you realize the whole west of the USA was Spain...for hundreds of years! Even the names of places and geological phenomenon and just about everything else in this part of the country is Hispanic. You sound like the Arizona governeor "I'm not a racist but if you look Hispanic the cops can roust you"
hahahahahahahahaha........ As for my "racism" it is called that by misnomer because I'm a bigot against any and all religions..including christianity...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I like mexican culture, my girlfriend's from Mexico (legally)
but then again, I don't let my life revolve around janitorial positions at Walmarts

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join