It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I really don't understand why freedom doesn't include freedom to hate & go be separate as long as their is no action behind it or violence involved.

That's just me. There's no group of people I dislike as a whole - there's absolutely not.

I don't understand why if someone says "I'm hating on blah blah people" why it can't just be in one ear and out the other. Why does it have to be declared 'ignorant' or just whatever?

I mean - this is convoluted - but I actually do agree it is not a good way to be for the good of the nation - BUT -I'm just not a big fan of any sort of forced or repetitive baaaa type socialization.

I don't think ANY of this would be such a big problem if such a mass immigration had not happened SO FAST.

But I happen to know that it was recommended by the CIA. They did a report a few years back talking about the threat to national security because of the falling birth rate. Hispanics being largely catholic were seen as a way to increase the birth rate here in the USA while it was falling severely and dangerously among our allies.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Go Arizona, way to go, high fives.

Enough said.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Illegals can get jobs too easily in this country. But that is what laissez fare capitalism and the people that think that the free market will cure everything is all about. So we can stop the problem at the source... which is Americans wanting and getting cheap labor either by hiring illegals here, or just sending the jobs TO third world countries. Or we can face the fact the deregulation has spawned a host of ills that must be addressed.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

UH OH!!!! Someone forgot what the difference between legal and economics is!

laissez fare capitalism is the separation of government dictating and regulating a Capitalist economy..

Illegal Immigration is the Government being lax, or laissez fare, on a legal LAW ...

Immigration is not an economic matter.. it's a Sovereign matter. No nation on Earth, including the USA, has a open door, no questions asked policy. The closest might be Canada.

So, in the future, differentiate the difference. I know as a Progressive you want to yell and bang on about ohh it's all the "no government" peoples fault ... err .. wrong. The Federal Government has very little specific jobs outlined in the Constitution, one being protect the borders. They are more interested in raping my wallet and spying on Americans than sealing a border for the sake of cheap labor.

Ironically the Govenrment being lax on immigration directly effects business.. because it's against the norms of economics, the government engaging in this activity is actually 100% against laissez fare capitalism..... If you have even a minute understanding of economics, that should make sense to you.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You got 100 Flags and 110 Stars on this op...
Id say allot of people share your frustration!

The UNITED STATED OF AMERICA needs to take a hard swing to the right if it is to thrive!

The AMERICAN tax payer cannot afford to pay for our own lazy system sucking welfare family's, and we damn sure cant afford to pay for all the Mexican's coming here for a better life with Free food/health care/housing/welfare check ect...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
good post i feel the same way im sick and tired of all the looters and polluters

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

This reply show how ignorant a lot of the posters are: "free food, welfare, etc." to apply for food stamps, welfare you must be a legal American citizen, so the ones sucking the system dry are actual native born Americans. Do a lot of illegals come here and get health benefits for their US born children? Yes, but the children are as American as Uncle Sam so nothing wrong there.

Peace.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by beyondsense

I worked at a shelter for women and children. We were told to accept anyone who called regardless if they fit criteria. We were told to keep "the numbers high for funding". We accepted illegals that also didn't fit criteria just as easily as we accepted citizens who didn't fit criteria. The welfare systems works around persons who are being "protected" by shelters. When they overstayed their time limit, which was three months, we transfered them to another shelter and visa versa. They recieved free housing, free food, clothes, free trips to Disney, free medical ect.
They know more English then they let on. Pretending not to understand our language, slowing the process of accountability of chores, any documents whatsoever. Upper staff made it clear to us, ....we were to document all intakes in a way that would not be questioned by United Way and the others who fund us.
Meanwhile, they would not use the toilets as they are meant to be used, they used the bathroom trash cans instead. The children were always unruly (I witnessed boys pissing off of the top bunk of the bunkbeds onto the heads of their sisters, and so on. The mothers give you a blank stare when you earnestly try to help them to understand certain behavior could not be tolerated towards other children...their own or others) and the "freebies" went to outside families. We even gave them loads of food when they departed. If going to another shelter, we transfered them with our van, but of course we COULDN'T take the women who held jobs to their place of employment..."they had to learn to empower themselves, to become independant and problem solve on their owm". I speak the truth.
Yes, they get many free things. Want to hear more? I could write a book!
Did I treat them any different? Hell no. I didn't play favorites with anyone. I was there to for a reason, .....I didn't know this at the time when hired but I was there for the children. God bless them all!

Beyondsense, don't you dare point fingers at someone else without admitting there are three pointing back at you.
I hate for anyone to suffer, this is very tragic for many, either side of the coin. No matter who is to blame for this, it's our children who suffer the most!
Step up with physical positive actions or step aside, you play the victim for many who let go of that card and moved on.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I really don't understand why freedom doesn't include freedom to hate & go be separate as long as their is no action behind it or violence involved.

Sometimes I wish I could go back in time to the 50's and just stay there.

I had a teacher tell me it never was a Frank Capra world but I just have to believe censors and all it was better than this.

Why should I care about anyone's personal feelings, no matter how repulsive they are to me, anymore than I should care who they screw?
If it is illegal - I probably want to know about it, otherwise, it is a sidebar.
In public and politics I prefer some decorum and a sticking to the issues.
Certainly we have much more pressing and important matters at hand.
We are so easily distracted and diverted from the big things by the minutia of people's personal life.

I guess this is why nothing is ever done effectively.
Trivia has become news.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by beyondsense
reply to post by Niccawhois

This reply show how ignorant a lot of the posters are: "free food, welfare, etc." to apply for food stamps, welfare you must be a legal American citizen, so the ones sucking the system dry are actual native born Americans. Do a lot of illegals come here and get health benefits for their US born children? Yes, but the children are as American as Uncle Sam so nothing wrong there.

Peace.

A lot of them are identity thieves. They steal other people's identities to get welfare.

And some of the others use the identities of their relatives who already obtained legal residency or citizenship.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Yes, and I also heard that on X-mas eve, some of them also steal toys from Santa and then send the toys down to Mexico. They're also very mean to Rudolph because of his red nose. Identity theft, what a bunch of bologna.

Peace.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Sweetliberty, it sounds to me that you're admiitting that you yourself and the shelter itself you worked at committed fraud. I assume that management at that shelter is composed purely by illegals then.

Peace.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Kind of ironic this is all happening. Funny thing is, this isn't nearly as bad as what we did to the native Americans...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by beyondsense
reply to post by sweetliberty

Sweetliberty, it sounds to me that you're admiitting that you yourself and the shelter itself you worked at committed fraud. I assume that management at that shelter is composed purely by illegals then.

Peace.

Oh my God in Heaven. Years from now there will be the documentary and the whole disgusting story of our hypocrisy and that shelter and some Churches will be shown as their version of the Underground Railroad in these people's fight for freedom, citizenship and liberty here in the US.

There are criminals of Mexican descent and there are illegal immigrants without citizenship papers. In your frustration with the criminals you should not attack decent, honest, hardworking contributors to our society and well fare in an effort to get at the criminals, traffickers and drug smugglers.

If the enemy were hiding among civilians you would not bomb the house. You do not kill the dog to get rid of his fleas.

Nobody is saying there is not a problem. Do not compound the problem by adding a block headed and backward thinking solution just because it is the first thing you could come up with.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beyondsense

You know absolutely nothing about history. Mexico never controlled territories that are now a part of the U.S.. Mexico claimed control of these areas after the Spanish Empire fell apart, but these areas where never occupied by Mexico, and Mexico never had a legitimate claim.

More importantly, Mexico's biggest problem is that it is controlled by an oligarchy of wealthy families who have, throughout Mexico's history, violently oppressed the citizens of Mexico.

Why should the people of the U.S. pay for Mexico's inability to establish rights within their own country.

Illegal immigration has re-established slavery in the U.S.. It needs to end.

In fact, under the situation, the people of the U.S. would be more justified in going down to Mexico and overthrowing the oligarchy that controls Mexico, than the illegals who come here to destroy our way of life.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I almost became a racist.. against latino too... gave me good insite. this is what happened:

I lived in a black area for years. sorta boarder area, go west it's white go east it's black, mixes up during the day. About 4 times a year something would happen, a vehicle broken into, some punk causing problems... it was always a young black male.

But my brain never saw them as black, it saw them as an @#$hole.

When I moved to a very mexican area of the city... first off the petty annoying crime jumped WAY up in my life. Little crap being stolen, vandalism... it was always a latino. At first, no big deal. But after a half a year, I started seeing latinos with hatred. My reflex around a latino was to mistrust them and hate them. Even the ones I've known for years at church I started having this internal response. So I moved so it wouldn't happen.

This is why: When I lived in the black area... every day I was talking to black people. Old ladies, young men, little kids. At the store, on the street, every day I was seeing black people and even if it was a "hi" as we passed through a door, there was this contact.

When I lived in the mexican area... I saw mexicans every day, but they don't talk to you. In the stores they ignore you. On the street they glare at you. There was very little if ANY positive feedback. Even when you DID have one talk to you, you can tell they are worried someone might see them talking to a white guy.

So, with no positive feedback in my brain, and the problems caused by some of the latino criminals, I was getting a hand on the hot stove reflex. You can only touch a hot stove so many times before your brain takes over and you can't bring yourself to do it. Being around mexicans was becoming the same. I kept getting burned and the stove was never cold. With the blacks, sure I got burned, but 99% of the time the stove was cold so my brain never tried to make that connection.

Like I said, I moved before it took full hold. I work with mexicans in my church and coudln't have that inside me. But it sure did show me how someone can "become" a racist even when they don't want too. It doesn't have to be taught, or desided on, or because someone is "ignorant". Maybe it's simply cuz a group of people who look the same, just keep giving them crap for too long.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Or Obama can do his job. His job as chief executive is PROTECT AND SECURE THE BORDERS. The buck stops with him with this issue and no one else. The constitution gives the executive branch of the govt. the authority over national borders not the legislative or judicial branches. If he did his job no illegals would cross the border. If he did his job there would be no illegals for corporations to hire. Problem solved.
Mr. President enforce the law and seal the borders!!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Wow, wait until you racists meet the rich Mexicans. Then you will really be racist. They do things like looking down on the poor people with distain. Americans never do that.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You know absolutely nothing about history. Mexico never controlled territories that are now a part of the U.S.. Mexico claimed control of these areas after the Spanish Empire fell apart, but these areas where never occupied by Mexico, and Mexico never had a legitimate claim.

You are right they never controlled them they owned them when Spain relinquished control. They allowed an original 300 people from the US territories to live there. If Mexico didn't own Texas at the time why did these folks need permission from the Mexican government to settle there?

After living there so long (less than 2 decades) eventually they felt a sense of ownership but this doesn't change the details of the occupation and refusal to give up the Mexican land they farmed.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Listen Popeye, cut down on the spinach and pick up a history book. I will refer you to Abe Lincoln's comments at the time on what he referred to as an unjust, false-flagged war against Mexico to steal their land.

Peace.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join