It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dljordan
What race are 'Mexicans'? Is 'Mexican" a race?

Click on the blue for the meaning !

in a previous post its called Mestizo of what they truly are labeled ironically Hispanic which is a different meaning all together Hispanic means is of Spanish origin in which is not race but culture but the term is labeled race here in America and else where

Majority is the mixture of White(Spanish ) and Pre Colombian Races
but if you really digg down deep the Spaniards (Spain) themselves are a mix race !!!! during the Invasion of the Moors!!Moors!! in Spain and a small part of France! and that race is Arabic TheMoors Moors just in case why some Spaniards of Spain are little dark complected that is the reason ..... I would believe if the history is right!

Most Mexican Americans are the multiracial descendants of the Indigenous peoples of Mexico and Europeans,[4][5] especially Spaniards. Mexican American settlement concentrations are in metropolitan and rural areas across the United States, usually in the Southwest. However, many cities in the South and the Northeast have seen substantial increases in the Mexican foreign-born and Mexican American population.

Mexican-American for none other than Wiki LOL
[

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

The Spanish are ethnically considered Iberian, a mix of different ethnicity, including Berber*, but also some African.

Since before Rome Iberian and Gauls from the southern parts of France have always been "darker".

However you should know that Arabic is not a race either.. technically speaking, Arabic is considered an ethnicity of Caucasian ... in fact, Caucasian actually means "From Caucus" .. a mountain range in Iran. Semites, to which Arabic are closely related to, is a mix of Caucasian and Asian .. but retaining the bone structure of Caucasians just with darker skin tone. There are only 3 races, African, Asian and Caucasian. When it comes to mixed ethnicity it's almost always based on bone structure, not skin tone.

*Re reading my own post I found an accidental error: There are no "Arabs" outside of the Arabian Peninsula .. the Muslims who invaded Spain were "Berbers" .. a mixed ethnic group that is majority European, with subsaharan mixes.. they formed over hundreds of years along the Mediterranean trade routes of Greece and Rome, they are a mix of nearly everything in the region, however are classified as Caucasian due to stronger presence of European traits, including German from when Vandals used their territory to stage attacks on Rome .. in fact blue eyes and other Caucasian traits are still seen in Morocco.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Rockpuck]

The reason for me explaining this, in this fashion .. is to demonstrate that the people of the World cannot be defined to easily.. how many would guess that Morocans have German and Celtic blood running through their veins? Not many.. or that Mexicans are primarily Asian, that we see any ways, and their ruling ethnicity is a hybrid of Caucasian? ... When we say "Racism" we think White and Black, which is racism if you don't like either one, but to say you're racist against Mexicans makes no sense at all. The "race card" shouldn't be thrown around so easily.. it's more in line with xenophobia, except I don't know the greek word for Hate lol. It's a hatred of cultures.. based on merit or fabrication is perception in it's self, but it's certainly nothing to do with race.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Wolfenz

The Spanish are ethnically considered Iberian, a mix of different ethnicity, including Arabic, but also some African.

Since before Rome Iberian and Gauls from the southern parts of France have always been "darker".

However you should know that Arabic is not a race either.. technically speaking, Arabic is considered an ethnicity of Caucasian ... in fact, Caucasian actually means "From Caucus" .. a mountain range in Iran. Semites, to which Arabic are closely related to, is a mix of Caucasian and Asian .. but retaining the bone structure of Caucasians just with darker skin tone. There are only 3 races, African, Asian and Caucasian. When it comes to mixed ethnicity it's almost always based on bone structure, not skin tone.

true very true Arabic Aryan actually !

Negroid Mongoloid and Caucasian is the racial term

3 races ok the trio ! good point but where does that blend goes with Native Americans ! the Indians as there is DNA test that can show if your Native American or not just as Black and white Asian of how much of percentage you have ... so what Would Native Americans fall on if DNA test can tell how much of your race is ? the test does exist but very expensive.. what im talking about is a full blooded Native American very scarce tho

The Dna Test Reveals Racial Groups

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

As John McCain once pointed out, here's a 1/2 gallon of Tropicana orange juice, picked by a Mexican. It's cost 2.99. Here's the same 1/2 gallon of Tropicana orange juice picked by an American. It's cost 14.99. Please, if Americans took many of these jobs there would be a hyper-inflation. I don't have time to school you on economic principles, but I think you get the point. Illegals are allowed to cross the border to keep a lot of commodities and prices to a minimum, otherwise there would be a hyperinflation like you wouldn't imagine. Imagine paying on American 400 dollars a week to babysit your kid, you would be forced not to work, so Mexicans are actually helping many Americans keep their jobs and make of their money by keeping regular goods at a low price.

Peace.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

DNA testing can show the male/female ratio of different ethnicities, which imo is far more interesting than just race, because race is easier to define based on specific dna samples and even bone structure. In the case of the Berbers who invaded Spain, the Females are more Caucasian than males, who's DNA is more in line with sub-saharan Africa, a mix of black, white and asian.

For Native Americans they are almost exclusively Asian ... even though there are different ethnicity.. the DNA studies on them show that Native Americans arrived from more than one source, debunking the "great migration" theory that they walked over the bearing straight ... it's also why northern American Natives look differently than Central American Natives who look differently than South American natives and so on. Just as there are different ethnicity of Asians in Asia, and European in Europe and blacks in Africa.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I lived in San Miguel De Allende in Mexico this winter while taking a Spanish course for my job. Thousands of Americans have moved there since the 1950's, because it is a beautiful colonial town, has a pleasant climate and a lot of cultural activities that keep the American retirees happy and busy. Your dollars go a long way in San Miguel, too.

The Mexicans in the town are very unhappy about this influx of Americans into their sleepy little town and there is a lot of tension. Of course, the Americans have improved the town by building a library, donating to charities, fixing up old homes, bringing art and culture, etc. but the Mexicans don't like their presence.

I had a conversation with one of the unhappy Mexicans, who was complaining to me about all of the Americans moving into his town and his country.

I just laughed. "Are you kidding me?" I asked. "A Mexican is going to complain about someone 'invading' their town? You're complaining about immigrants?"

By the way, you can't move to Mexico unless you can prove you have a certain amount of income, and the correct paperwork and visas, etc. They are VERY strict about it. Starting a business there is next to impossible. And there are all kinds of laws about buying land, etc.

The hypocracy just kills me.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beyondsense

Ohhhhh .... I totally understand now. Paying a Mexican to pick oranges for $2 an hour is totally ok .. as long as I get cheap Tropicana Orange Juice!

Thank god for slaves.. I love OJ.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondsense
Imagine paying on American 400 dollars a week to babysit your kid, you would be forced not to work, so Mexicans are actually helping many Americans keep their jobs and make of their money by keeping regular goods at a low price.

I would never let me child be cared for by an illegal. The whole 'we couldn't afford to live in an illegal-free economy' argument is flawed. A free market economy balances out. It may only be a hardship to adjust to the balance because of the fact that the darn illegals were here effecting costs and wages to begin with.

I will take a more lawful, secure and homogeneous America over increased prices any day.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

It's debunked by the simple fact that America existed perfectly fine without the influx of illegals into the late 80's, before they started showing up enmass. Instead of illegals picking oranges, it was high school kids who needed summer jobs, or migrant American farm hands.. now most teens have no jobs, especially when the burger pits aren't hiring because they hired illegals to. Nothing like trying to order your food at a fast food place and the voice on the other side is completely incoherent lol.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Finally someone gets it!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Existed perfectly until India and China became major exporters and the U.S. car industry fell to the Japanese. I know it was a perfect world until others started beating the US to the game and prices started hyper-inflating, that's when the illegals were let in to start balancing out the equation, but as I said, I have no time to school some of you on a crash course of Economics 101. Or are you going to tell me now that the U.S govt. doesn't consciously allow them in? They haven't told you why because they don't want you to know that the US economy is crashing and this is the last resort to keep it going. One more student schooled. Next!

Peace.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Exactly. There is no good argument for them being here, or allowing them to stay. Period.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Rape is a crime. Feeling resentment towards a given race (in this case, a conditioned one) is not.

OK, so racism isn't a crime like rape is. But what's your answer to the question? If someone becomes "conditioned" (as you claim you have been) to think that rape is OK, do we blame those who 'conditioned' him? Or do we hold him responsible? If he was talking about how he's a victim of 'conditioning' to rape women, how much sympathy would you have for him?

And how do you explain those of us who have had all the same 'conditioning' that you have, but still have chosen not to lump the whole race together and blame them all?

No, we speak English here in America. There should be no option to press 2. There in lies the the problem and a source of conditioning.

We also speak Spanish, French, Indo-European languages, as well as Asian and Pacific Island languages. We have freedom to choose the language we wish to speak. There is NO official language of the US and over thirty languages commonly spoken here.

Source

Originally posted by Wolf321
I disagree. You don't choose your emotions, only your actions.

Our emotions come from what we tell ourselves. We most definitely choose how we will respond, emotionally, to any given circumstance. Own your own feelings. Stop blaming other people for how you feel.

In this case, I wonder how significant, if at all, a racist feeling is unless it impacts treatment of the cause of those feelings.

Yes, tell yourself that it's OK to feel the way you do as long as you don't ACT on it. Trouble is, you DID act on it. You wrote this thread. You didn't keep your feelings to yourself, you told the WORLD how you feel and gave lots of other people a forum in which to express their racism and come together and encourage each other to feel better about yourselves because you all are victims of this 'conditioning'. You gave them an excuse to voice and validate their own racism. Not only that, you blamed and held responsible every Hispanic person who might read this thread. You told them that, because of your own insecurity and fear, THEY invoke an emotional response in you of anger, distrust and sheer disgust. You told them that you feel more hatred toward them than a professed jihadist.

But you tell yourself it's OK because THEY did it to you. They MADE you feel this way.The devil made me do it. It's their fault. Hey.... If that's what you have to tell yourself to get through.

Choosing Our Emotions

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Please. Take a freshman college course on economics. You may learn something. If Walmart didn't exist, and everything didn't come imported from China, and illegals didn't take the jobs they take, the dollar would be worthless as you would be paying $400 for a pair of shoes and 14.99 for half a gallon of juice...next!

Peace.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

thanks for the Info i appreciate your thought thank you ..

seeing im mix my self of Native American and Europe Celtic Origin(Scottish & Irish and French) I would like to see the test done on myself to see the percentage of what i am

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondsense
Please. Take a freshman college course on economics. You may learn something. If Walmart didn't exist, and everything didn't come imported from China, and illegals didn't take the jobs they take, the dollar would be worthless as you would be paying $400 for a pair of shoes and 14.99 for half a gallon of juice...next!

I've had enough of my share of college business and economics.

Let me clue you in on a little facts. Wal-Mart existed long before all of its products were 'Made in China.' And they grew. You only see the massive difference because you are instantly removing Wal-Mart/Chinese Goods/illegals in your argument. If we didn't have the illegals, and we hadn't allowed all the production and jobs to be sent over to China, you wouldn't even notice.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321 I Have Become a Racist!

I have become conditioned by everything I have seen, heard and experienced, such that seeing a Hispanic person invokes an emotional response of anger, distrust and sheer disgust. The same for anything Mexican/Guatamalan etc: food, flags, music, clothing, and the like. Mentally, and in action, I would treat them individually with the same respect and courtesy I would anyone else, but they are the only people who, because of race, invoke a negative emotional response. It borders on sheer hate. I feel stronger about the average illegal on the street, than any professed Islamic jihadist. At least with the jihadist they tell you they want to kill you, destroy your home or take over your land.

I am sick of what the latino separatist, Mexican/Hispanic pride, people and groups have done to my country.

Do you dislike Obama and Liberals?, or whats the new "hate" word, oh yeah! "PROGRESSIVES"
Do you dislike Homosexuals
Do you feel threated by the Idea of a right to Health Care?
Do you believe that America was better off under George W Bush?

If so
then Fox news has done a great job of conditioning you

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

And in the process, forcing US citizens to take poverty wages just so that they can stay alive.
Nonsense's premise, imo, is a logical fallacy and overlooks the profits taken by the corporation who owns the orange juice plant. The corporations (who ARE globalists- just like our friend, Nonsense) make a much greater profit from hiring illegals AT AN ILLEGAL RATE OF PAY, incidentally- WHILE evading taxes, than they can paying legal wages to a US citizen. Suddenly the "downtrodden poor who require our humanity" argument SHIFTS to something a bit more akin to what is really going on. The whole "racism", love-one-another, you're so selfish- "bleeding heart" facade reveals the greed and elitism hiding underneath.
*If you can't shame them into submission with guilt, appeal to their greed* I can't wait to see what the next tactic will be.

The solution (for US citizens) is simple, albeit a bit "inconvenient" for our spoiled selves.
Buy from LOCAL growers when you can. They're not that far off. Get with your neighbors/ friends/ co workers & start a co-op. Buy AS locally as you can. And except for exotics (which are becoming more & more common) BOYCOTT produce from Mexico/ outside the US. It is grown in filth with no regulation whatsoever and promotes the migration of bugs & diseases (like Chagas- which is common in the tropics) that we would like to hold off as long as possible anyway. If grocers are losing tons of produce (& money) rotting in the cases because no one will accept it, they'll get the message. Most of all, BOYCOTT these mega corps. Money is power & we don't wield ours in any kind of an organized, effective way. Often the "off" brands are as good or better than the named ones. (Aside: Tropicana had the best OJ in the 1970s. They went downhill a bit when PepsiCo took over AKA "bought them out". THIS is enlightening.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropicana_Products

Most of all, the produce is a LOT fresher. The orange juice is fresher. AND you have the added advantage of a lot better idea of the chemicals that have gone into it or not.
People don't need a high tech, expensive "juicer" to get good, fresh orange juice. That's just another con job, too.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
My friend, there is an old saying that I learned when I was a kid. It's called "sharing is caring". Illegal immigrants are a people in need. We as a people should be inclined to help our fellow humans.

A lot of people feel the way you do. I say to all these people, stop for a second and think. If your sister or brother was living in squalid conditions, would you not want to help them out and let them live in your home? We should help our fellow humans.

There is plenty of room in the US. The more people that live here, the more people we need to work to provide services for those people. If we made it easier for people to emigrate and get jobs, I think it would be much more human of us than to just deny these people entirely. I mean think about it. 30 million people need homes. Who is going to build those homes? Who is going to lay their roads? Who is going to build the water pipes, the gas lines, the electricity lines, etc.? See it is a problem that solves itself.

We can, and should help these people establish themselves here as productive members of society.

I have almost exclusively Mexican and Salvadorian friends. I love all of them. They are good people. They are a lot of fun to hang out with. Only a couple of them are illegal immigrants. They are good people too.

I should tell you that even Latin Americans have a derogatory label for immigrants. They call them "paisas". I am sure if there are any Latin Americans on here they will know what I am talking about.

Anyway, so the point I am trying to make is that we should be on the look out to take care of our fellow humans. If we made it easier for them to procure things legally, then they would legally go about doing it. Instead of just hating on them, take a more human look at it. They are, in a way, your extended family. Just as all humans are part of a giant family. We are all one species, and we really should show more compassion and care for our fellow species. We are all just trying to make our way on this planet the same as everyone else.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If someone becomes "conditioned" (as you claim you have been) to think that rape is OK, do we blame those who 'conditioned' him? Or do we hold him responsible?

You arrest them both. Crime is crime. Thoughts and emotions are never crime.

And how do you explain those of us who have had all the same 'conditioning' that you have, but still have chosen not to lump the whole race together and blame them all?

I saw either you are ok with what you see going on around you, or it just hasn't impacted you enough yet.

This feeling is only a recent development in me. A year ago, I likely would have been arguing against what I have said in this thread regarding a feeling of hate.

There is NO official language of the US and over thirty languages commonly spoken here.

And that is a MAJOR problem which is so negatively impacting the unity of communication, community and culture in the country.

Our emotions come from what we tell ourselves. We most definitely choose how we will respond, emotionally, to any given circumstance.

Wrong. Simply wrong. Our emotions come from what we tell ourselves about what we observe. I see cultures diluted or replaced, jobs taken away, crime increasing, and a direct relations to the degradation of the nation. It develops a strong negative emotion.

We don't choose how we respond emotionally. Have you ever come close to getting in a big fight where your emotions were not controllable, but your actions were?

But you tell yourself it's OK because THEY did it to you. They MADE you feel this way.

Your darn right THEY did it to US. Illegals, Politicans, Racial Separatist, Anti-Free Market types,all who want to turn the US into some third world dictatorship; they all gave enough reason to develop an inner hatred.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Wolf321]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join