It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Found a Mexican in a wildlife preserve last week trying to live off the land illegally and probably starting a field... called the cops on his butt after I destroyed his camp and took his stuff. I loath them! Always have always will.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

This'll make ya feel better man!

Note: I meet illegals all the time at my work, and most can speak fairly good english, and are extremely polite to me, they usually just start a conversation about movies and current events.

It's the kids of the illegals that I have a real problem with, their view of the world seems so ****ed up, they feel entitled to everything, they claim themselves as mexicans, while they've never stepped foot in mexico in their lives.

They speak in spanish, but only to trash talk, the local gas stations spend thousands replacing bathroom walls (one mexican gang symbol LK is written on the glass and walls, then another mexican gang sign is written over it, then the week later the glass is broken and the walls have been bashed to hell) the tables outside are useless because noone wants to sit at a table with a naked mexican woman drawn on it, and a man getting shot in the head drawn on it, with pictures of pot leaves all over it.

Our local doughnut shop (extremely nice owner) has to pay to fix the outside now because "Latin Kings" had to spray paint all over it.

Our town, well really county, is screwed over and vandalised daily because of these people.

I've always been nice to each race, cause..... well I don't have a reason, but watching the place I've lived at for years now just turn into this trashy ass place makes me very sad.

Then the new movie comes out "Machete", and I don't know whether I should be mad about it, or just not care because I can tell it's going to be a terrible movie, just awful. (edit to add: it looks like it may be worse than "Jennifers Body", thats saying alot!!!)

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Republican08]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Sigh.... you just had to bring this up...

Sadly, I am on the recieving end of this bull. I am not even Mexican, yet because I am mixed race and am naturally brown, I get put into the category of Mexican. Freaking sickens me how white people here in America treat me just because I look Mexican to them.

Man, if only one time you could feel the discrimination from this side. It's not every fun to get grouped into a category (especially since I am not even in the category), and get treated with disrespect because of the color of my skin.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDragonLord
Most illegals work low paying, back breaking jobs with little to no benefits.

Not always the case. Many employer like the idea of being able to pay an illegal worker the same wage as a legal one, but without having to deal with paperwork, or pay for benefits.

And I think you are seriously exaggerating on everything you wrote. You make it sound like they are appearing by the millions when in reality they are crossing over at a steady rate. Sure there has been an increase in hispanic culture on America, but it isn't nearly as extreme as you describe it.

Illegals in the country in 1995 - 3 million
Illegals in the country in 2005 - 16 million

Wikipedia Source
Bear Stearn's Report

I have seen estimates that they number 20-40 million now.

Just some words of advice; before you hate on a whole group of people, maybe take the time out to actually get to know these people. You will find that most of these people are simply here to get new opportunities to help out their families back home. Who are we to deprive them of that right?

I tell my kids not to associate with the bad crowd, such as the rule breakers. I don't plan to hang out with adults who can't respect my country or follow the rules. Who are we to deprive them of that? We are the ones who are paying the taxes that they benefit from. We are the ones sacrificing our own heritage, cultures and identities for them. We are the ones paying out-of-state tuition while they get in state.

reply to post by Ace High

Agreed. I still would prefer money being made here, stay here.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Sigh.... you just had to bring this up...

Sadly, I am on the recieving end of this bull. I am not even Mexican, yet because I am mixed race and am naturally brown, I get put into the category of Mexican. Freaking sickens me how white people here in America treat me just because I look Mexican to them.

Man, if only one time you could feel the discrimination from this side. It's not every fun to get grouped into a category (especially since I am not even in the category), and get treated with disrespect because of the color of my skin.

You just made a racist remark! Did you catch it.

Freaking sickens me how white people here in America treat me just because I look Mexican to them

Now do all white people do this, or some?

I'm sure if you saw me around, you didn't get disrespect from me, unless you had a striped polo tshirt, baggy jeans that only are made for people above 1,000 pounds, probably in a car basing music infront of a nice store, usually for around 2-3hrs, for seemingly no reason at all, then yelling anti-white remarks in spanish at people, then beating a woman with a baby.....

lol, I did see that happen.....

I like mexicans as much as I like black people and white people, but I occasionally have a black or mexican person come in to my store, and just be rude to me for no reason, I hear them talk to their 'homies' lol, saying #in whitey!! I #in hate white people.. there all racist!! I'm like..... ok.....

Most times I think there is this racism suspicion going around, like blacks and mexicans and whites, look at each other at all times wondering are they racists! Like a friggin witch hunt!!! And if they catch one little thing, they go GD racist!!! Even if it's not, but they were looking for it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

So you are saying that without knowing anything about someone besides the color of their skin...you will form an opinion of them? That is the definition of ignorance, so I am not sure what you are doing on a website who's goal is to "deny ignorance".

I have become conditioned by everything I have seen, heard and experienced, such that seeing a Hispanic person invokes an emotional response of anger, distrust and sheer disgust.

To me this means that you are of weak mind and character. And you are only intelligent enought to realize that you are doing it (and being manipulated by the media to think it)...but not intelligent enough to realize that it is wrong and/or why you shouldn't by thinking this way.

I'm going to use your logic...I've decided I hate and despise anyone on the internet that uses a user name that starts with the letter W...because I have now been conditioned to dislike the opinions of at least one person with a user name that starts with W...so it MUST hold true for all user names that start with W.

If you can see the flaws in that logic...then you are deliberatly ignoring the flaws in your own logic...and that only makes me think that you aren't some type of "intellectual" racist as you are trying to play it off as...but just a plain ol' ignorant racist that thinks you are better than someone else because of the color of your/their skin.

link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Star for you. I read your response and I can empathize with you. But you are right. I'm sure if I just saw you in a mall or a park, there is a high probability that I would get that feeling of anger simply from seeing you. At the same time, if we were put in a situation of having to work together or get to know one another, you could be my long lost best friend.

That's what has me so upset about the situation. It makes me angry about what they have done or should I say failed to do, and it makes me angry having that anger associated with their race.

I know full well, from experience, that there are illegals from all over. I have had most experience in this being from asian countries who have come legally but overstay and go into hiding. When I hear of any illegal it angers me, but so far, only the hispanics have incurred this conditioned response.

link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by TheDragonLord
Most illegals work low paying, back breaking jobs with little to no benefits.

Not always the case. Many employer like the idea of being able to pay an illegal worker the same wage as a legal one, but without having to deal with paperwork, or pay for benefits.

Agreed. I still would prefer money being made here, stay here.

True. But we need to get Americans off their butts and to work. Many feel they are entitled to free benefits. While the Mexicans come in and hang drywall faster than anyone.

I don't know really. I am in construction management and have struggled financially since the recession started. Just started a new job that pays pretty well but had to move half way across the country to get it. No hand outs here.

As far as I see it, it is man vs man for the best jobs in this world, either work hard and qualify or watch a Mexican take your job.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
So you are saying that without knowing anything about someone besides the color of their skin...you will form an opinion of them?

I didn't say I form an opinion, but I do experience an emotional reaction.

To me this means that you are of weak mind and character. And you are only intelligent enought to realize that you are doing it (and being manipulated by the media to think it)...but not intelligent enough to realize that it is wrong and/or why you shouldn't by thinking this way.

I suggest you read up on classical conditioning.

I'm going to use your logic...I've decided I hate and despise anyone on the internet that uses a user name that starts with the letter W...because I have now been conditioned to dislike the opinions of at least one person with a user name that starts with W...so it MUST hold true for all user names that start with W.

And a remark like that seems to indicate you are asinine. I have given numerous examples of how my entire adult life has never had overwhelmingly negative experiences with mexicans/hispanics/illegals.

Your use of that example as logic is what I have come to associate, via conditioning, with far left liberalism.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Not sure where you are from OP, but that isn't the Mexicans you are talking about. That is just a bunch of idiots. All races have idiots.

I live on the border down here. The American hispanics can't stand the "mojado's" and generally agree with you. The illegals generally don't make any waves, and just want to do whatever it is they are doing quietly, be it illegal or just working to make some decent money.

the Mexican culture is amazing. So are the women.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I agree, the labor market should be open to all, the best worker for the lowest wage is ideal. However, if that best worker or lower wage is here without respecting sovereignty, laws and without trying their damnedest to assimilate to the local culture then I say hell no.

I have some family and friends in construction management. When I heard they hired illegals, our relationships were never the same.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Sick and tired of what Mexicans have done to this country? Wow, some balls there.

I'm a little concerned about what the media have done...only 96 % jew controlled there.

Has it occurred to you that the thing you are so upset about is a deliberate attempt at creating chaos as to help usher in fascist zionism? Personally, if a bunch of blacks or mexicans took over the media I couldn't care less. At least they're honest in their ambitions.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I understand.
Out here we have also a foreign community where are some problems with.
As I understand there are politician who would like to gave them a one way ticket out.

As with you our government made stay but don't act accordingly. Afraid to discriminate.

People are people they take advantage from these things.
But I'm totally feeling what you mean here.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Partly agree with you. I work with a whole bunch of Indians and can guarantee they are not all battlers. Most of the guys come from Chendigarh which is the richest city in India on a per capita basis. The honest truth is they are here to get PR (permanent residence). Most are studying the easiest and cheapest courses they could and still apply. They are not here for education as much as a way around the fact it is tightened up to just move here. Don't get me wrong I am good friends with these guys, just yesterday we all went drinking for my birthday, but they are quite forward with me on these matters. The truth is they are just like us. Some work hard, some bludge. I think statements like "they all work hard" and the like work against them. It can be construed that then I am being told I do not. Dr I know you did not say that but someone did so I hope they are reading too. I just would prefer if people would face the fact they are the same in the ways that make us human and the same rates apply to their work standards.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

I agree, the labor market should be open to all, the best worker for the lowest wage is ideal. However, if that best worker or lower wage is here without respecting sovereignty, laws and without trying their damnedest to assimilate to the local culture then I say hell no.

I have some family and friends in construction management. When I heard they hired illegals, our relationships were never the same.

I agree. They need to assimilate, but that being said the world is changing fast and most construction management majors are asked to begin learning Spanish.

I wish this were not the truth but Mexicans work harder than the average American construction worker. This is after six years in the industry. I guess Americans have been spoiled. Any way you cut it the world is becoming more compact and US laborers are going to have to compete with the rest of the world to be competitive.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
Has it occurred to you that the thing you are so upset about is a deliberate attempt at creating chaos as to help usher in fascist zionism?

I have considered and do believe that the media/government/TPTB are shining a continuous and bright light on the situation that actually exists to get more emotion. This is why I mentioned in my opening, my concern for those who could not separate their emotion from their actions.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I understand your concerns, OP. However I don't think you are racist, maybe anti illegals? Racism is about believing in superiority of race against another.
If you believe that all latinos are leeches then you are racist,
If you believe all latinos better stay in their countries, then you are probably xenophobic
If you believe all illegal immigrants should be kicked out doesn't automatically make you any of the above.

For my part I have no problems against immigration, it is needed to a certain extent. I just don't appreciate how minorities often refuse to integrate and disregard the cultures welcoming them.
I can' blame them for working hard for very little to support their family. But too many times the money they earn goes abroad really, not investing in the local economy.
So I understand how some may feel 'looted', losing jobs and opportunities.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I've got to agree with Our BigfatTexan Furball here. ( Sorry about the name.
)

There are just a few that screw things up for the rest.
If I'm out here in Rotterdam. I'm the alien. The people I meet usually treat each other with respect.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
I agree. They need to assimilate, but that being said the world is changing fast and most construction management majors are asked to begin learning Spanish.

That is a tragic flaw. I remember reading years ago in a book on business and culture, that if you are going to be working in a foreign nation, learn that nations language. Now, we are the nation who is providing the work, giving the opportunity, and we need to change?!

I guess Americans have been spoiled.

Your right, in part. Many have been spoiled. From what I can tell, as the US went away from manufacturing and more towards service, the hard workers went and got degrees or adapted. What was left over became use to hand outs. We need more Americans to relearn skills and trades.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The realities of racism are a completely taboo subject. The basic fact is that each and every person is a tiny bit racist, and I know this will get me alot of flames and denials but it is indeed the truth. I don't want to get into genetics, because I know nothing of the subject, but over history, our ancestors USUALLY kept with their own previous tribes, communities, regions, countries, centuries of this, and in the last 400 years all of that has changed quickly. No longer is another culture and people a vast journey away, but right next door. This is a shock to the past and what was hard wired into us, to know your own and distrust others. Go watch nature, you'll see this. Birds for instance, one might occasionally see a woodpecker playing with a blue jay, but this would be a rarity, as the woodpecker spends it's time with another woodpecker and the jay the jay. Another example of hardwired instinct would be spiders, or snakes. Very, very few people have no fear or apprehension of these creatures. In fact, the majority just about hates them. That's because we know through history to know they are to be avoided.

We enjoy the glorious aspects of multiculturalism in food, music, land, history these are universals in humanity, but more often than not distance ourselves from the people, the culture, because one is inclined to keep to what is familiar. Now surely this is not always the case, but it is more often than not on a broad scale.

The key question in America was once "What's your religion?" over "Where are you from?", and this has switched.

Racist is a powerful word. In the modern day it is an immediate attack on your stature, your character. It's is an automatic degradation tool, much like another word that was used in the past. It's a word that is inherently evil current day. To admit to being a racist is seen as some sort of repentance. But I state and believe that the majority of the world is racist in one way or another, though you'll be hardpressed to get any of them to admit it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join