It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I didn't say I form an opinion, but I do experience an emotional reaction.

So you are saying you have no form of higher critical thinking skills...you are driven off of base emotion and can't logically counter those by using logical critical thinking skills???

I suggest you read up on classical conditioning.

Oh yeah, yeah, yeah...classical conditioning...Pavlov's dogs. I'll stick wtih my original assessment...you have a weak mind...like a dog that is easy to condition. Your critical thinking skills don't have the capability to override this conditioning...you just accept it...like a dog. Unlike a dog...you realize you are being conditioned...but aren't strong enough or intelligent enough to counter it.

So yeah...I'll stick with my original assessment...weak mind...weak character.

And a remark like that seems to indicate you are asinine. I have given numerous examples of how my entire adult life has never had overwhelmingly negative experiences with mexicans/hispanics/illegals.

What? Maybe you should go back and read your own post. Because I'm pretty sure it was one long rant about how you hate Mexicans.

Your use of that example as logic is what I have come to associate, via conditioning, with far left liberalism.

I'm sorry...but you just don't make sense. So you just start trying throw out, what you percieve to be, insults. Because I'm sure somewhere in your life (probably Fox News) you have been "conditioned" to believe that "liberals" are "evil" and they have a "disease" or a "mental illness". And so you believe by calling me a "far left liberal" that I am going to be offended by that....am I right?

But what you fail to realize is that calling someone a "liberal" or "conservative" isn't an insult (to rational people)...it is a preference. That "attack" is just as dumb as a coffee drinker trying to insult a tea drinker by calling them a "tea drinker"...it's not an insult...it is stating their preference. The only person who looks dumb is the one throwing the attempted "insult". Like the coffee drinker in my example...he only attempts to insult the tea drinker to feel better about himself...but everyone else will look at him like he is a moron. Thought I'd help you out with this...for future reference.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You should hang a few tortillas on the antenna of your car and then drive north. Keep driving north until the the first place that you stop to where someone asks you what on earth is hanging from your antenna, unpack and find a nice place to rent/buy, you are home, for the time being.

In reality, I don't have a problem with Mexicans, though I do have a problem with illegals. Again, it's not so much that they are Mexican as it is that they are illegal and taking jobs and tax-dollars. Frankly, I find Mexicans to be some of the nicest, most civilized and most hard-working people on the continent and therein lies the problem.

Actually, the problem lies with TPTB and the corporations who hire the Mexicans. Of course they don't want to curb the influx of illegals pouring across the border because of the obvious cheap labor. These corporations are benefitting from our tax-dollars, while screwing us by overlooking us for cheap, illegal labor. It's just one more way that the American public is getting screwed over for the benefit of the elite. What I hate the most, is when people try to use the argument that they are taking the jobs that Americans don't want. That simply isn't true. If they would pay wages that were acceptable, Americans would take those jobs in a heartbeat. Too many Americans are out of work for citizens of another country to come in and take what little jobs we have left, while the majority of the wages paid to the illegals are leaving the country and going back to Mexico.

We need to take care of ourselves first because if we don't, we surely won't be able to take care of the Mexicans as well. This goes for just about anything in life, not just illegal immigration. You can't help others until you help yourself and right now, America is bleeding. It is only a matter of time until our wound is fatal. We are being taxed to death, while losing our jobs and the irony is that our tax-dollars are being used to support the same people who are benefitting at our expense. Our tax-dollars are not only being used by the illegals, but also the corporations who are then hiring the illegals to take our jobs. It is the second biggest scam in the world, only bested by the "bank".

--airspoon

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Because I'm sure somewhere in your life (probably Fox News) you have been "conditioned" to believe that "liberals" are "evil" and they have a "disease" or a "mental illness". And so you believe by calling me a "far left liberal" that I am going to be offended by that....am I right?

But what you fail to realize is that calling someone a "liberal" or "conservative" isn't an insult (to rational people)...it is a preference.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

And no, the moniker was not meant as an insult. Just an identifier; an explanation of why you think (or can't think) like you do.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

And no, the moniker was not meant as an insult. Just an identifier; an explanation of why you think (or can't think) like you do.

Yeah...that doesn't really sound like a benign identifier...it really kind of sounds like an attempted insult.

Or in your world does implying someone can't think because they are a liberal not an attempted insult???

Why is it so hard for you to admit that you were trying to insult me by calling me a liberal? It's easy for you to admit you hate people based on their skin color...why are you having a hard time admitting this??? Don't be shy...just let all your hatred come out and let everyone know.

We can start a list.

Things Wolf321 hates for no good reason:
1. Mexicans
2. Liberals
I'm just fonna fill some in for you...I've just been "conditioned" to think that those that hate the above groups for no good reason tend to have a trend of other groups they hate for no good reason too.
3. Blacks
4. Homosexuals
5. Women
6. Muslims
7. Any other group that doesn't look like you
8. Any other group that doesn't think like you
9. Any other group that doesn't pray like you

There...that should about cover it. You can just go ahead and confirm or deny those. Because since I've been "conditioned"...all of these assumptions are valid...right??? So unless you deny them...then we will all just assume this list is correct.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
A long time ago I arrived in a new country I was about ten years old.
My name is Darrylbut I was called Pommy Bastard or Pommy by every one not "Darryl by the local Aussies.
I was bashed by older boys and verbally abused by even girls.
Iwas told on a regular basis to go home ,that I was a pommy whinger, that my dad was taking jobs off their dads,I lost so much self esteem only God will ever know.
And Australia was built by my race along with the Irish ect.
Yes I had emigrated not by choice with my parents from England to Australia.
I remember all this hate , but i also remember those who befriended me, the wonderful few who offerd their hand of friendship.
They all could have been my enemy hating the "Pommy Bastard" but some chose the hard way.
Treat others as yourself, thois is the only way , or else you will one day be ashamed to look in the mirror.
And then others will not look at you without seeing your self contempt.
We are all human, let God sort it out just be his ally and love.
For the migrants sake and your own.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Things Wolf321 hates for no good reason:
1. Mexicans
2. Liberals
I'm just fonna fill some in for you...I've just been "conditioned" to think that those that hate the above groups for no good reason tend to have a trend of other groups they hate for no good reason too.

Your right. The lack of cultural assimilation, abuse of taxpayer money and government services, the loss of local culture and heritage, the breaking of laws, disrespect of national sovereignty, their racial superiority/separatist groups and such... all no good reason.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Your right. The lack of cultural assimilation, abuse of taxpayer money and government services, the loss of local culture and heritage, the breaking of laws, disrespect of national sovereignty, their racial superiority/separatist groups and such... all no good reason.

Well good...we agree. All of those are stupid reasons to hold hate in your heart for any individual based off of the actions of an associated group.

Judge the individual based off the actions of the individual...not the group they belong to. Or I wonder...hmmm...I wonder if you enjoy being called a "stupid American" by the majority of the non-American world??? I wonder if you like being personally blamed for the actions our government takes on certain world issues (like invading Iraq)???

We can't blame them right...they have just been "conditioned" to think all Americans are stupid. So they have every right to see you and just automatically label you as stupid without even getting to know you....right???

Yes...perfect logic you have there...can't beat it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Judge the individual based off the actions of the individual...not the group they belong to. Or I wonder...hmmm...I wonder if you enjoy being called a "stupid American" by the majority of the non-American world??? I wonder if you like being personally blamed for the actions our government takes on certain world issues (like invading Iraq)???

We can't blame them right...they have just been "conditioned" to think all Americans are stupid. So they have every right to see you and just automatically label you as stupid without even getting to know you....right???

I don't blame others for thinking Americans are stupid. If I was on the outside looking in (or even from my own perspective of some account) I would agree. I have been in such situation, dealing with arab nationals. However, they, like myself, didn't let that preconception stop them from being cordial and developing meaningful relationships.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I applaud your honesty. I am going to have to agree with you about the way a lot of them seem to act when coming here. Is there anything wrong with keeping your national identity and being proud of your heritage? In my opinion, absolutely not, as long as you can do so in a respectful manner. One of the United State's greatest attributes is our diversity, I think the fact that you can be born anywhere in the world and become an American and be considered an American is phenomenal. I only wish more people would realize this, and show respect for our country. I am very upset by the amount of Mexicans living in our country showing disrespect, such as a picture I saw of an american flag upside down and subservient to a Mexican flag on American soil! I am not racist, being rightfully angered about disrespectful, backward attitudes is in no way racist. As for judging all Mexicans when you see them based on your experience, I can see how one might equate this with becoming a racist, but in my opinion racism is when you hate a person or group of people for being a certain race. I would say you are starting to racially profile people, which is not the same thing as racism, although some people would have you believe it is. For me, it does't matter what race or nationality you are, if you want to live in the USA, you need to respect the USA, and if I experience a group of people, be them Mexican immigrants or British immigrants, coming here and showing disdain for the country, it's going to change my perception of the group as a whole, that is not racist, that is reality. Show respect to earn respect.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You are quite right. There are two aspects that went into this equation: the government, and the illegals/immigrants.

The government has the primary responsibility in the matter, and as a result of their actions, inaction's and other dubious government practices, my anger and disgust with them is just as great, but with more disappointment.

As for the illegal and legal immirgrants; If they made the effort to speak the language, follow the rules, stop celebrating their race, and instead of trying to recreate little patches of Mexico in America, flaunting their foreign nation pride, would take in and exhibit some pride in the ideas and opportunities this country does provide, I don't think I would feel as ill towards them.

But surely these celebrations of their origins is exactly what all the white christians did when they invaded the US from 17th century onwards. Maybe now you understand why the native indians got a little agitated.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Well if that's the way you see it, consider it a takeover. That is the way things work in the real world. Europeans stole this land from its natives. Apparently some are just taking it back. At least they aren't giving you a blanket full of smallpox.

Maybe I can give them hand and start bringing them over.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by lucidclouds]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
If you study history, you'll see that what is happening now has happened before...with the Irish, Germans, Italians, the Asians....

Odd thing is, Mexican culture is being Americanized...just like all the others.

One day in about10-15 years, the little children of Hispanic immigrants will be adults...speaking great English, wanting Mcdonalds, celebrating Christmas and Easter, going to the beach for hotdogs and cokes and beer and pizza, liking spaghetti, wanting potatoes with their sausages and kraut, dressing in green in March...all leftovers from other cultures that have been Americanized... heck, Americans and Corona invented Cinco de Mayo...and we love it...just ask Buffet fans.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I couldn't agree with you more.

I don't think it's the governments fault that it doesn't cater to illegals, because they do despite what some people have to say in the blame game. Illegals don't come over here because the government makes it hard to come over legally. They come over here because they're dirt poor or drug smugglers.

Yes, I understand their country completely sucks and is riddles with tons of problems, but bring that garbage over into our country is only going to turn our country the same way. Rather than committing a crime by illegally crossing a national border and then bitching when they get caught for breaking the law, how about they fix their own damn country?

It's not hard Mexicans! The great 'ol United States didn't always exist, we broke away from our original country of origin, we fought them off when we were few and they were many. We created a better country for ourselves. So quit being a bunch of lazy whiners, get off your asses and fix your nations problems.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
When I was a little kid, I was enthralled by books and movies about Apache Indians. Geronimo was my hero, and I would've given anything to have been able to wake up one morning as one of his small band of resistance fighters back in those days. Even as a teenager and adult, I've always been inspired by that look they had and that sense of refusal to fall properly into line with the bland milky-white normal that tried its best to infect me. I guess the mythic nature of the Apache resistance shaped me in a large way.

Since arriving in the MidWest, I see Mexicans everywhere, and when I see them, I see those Apache Indians (after all, they're mostly Native American with varying amounts of Spanish blended in), and I kind of like being in a community that includes them. They don't act like the rebellious Apaches though. They work their asses off, and they never give anyone any grief, and still there are a lot of people here that resent them over taking jobs (like running weedwackers and lawnmowers) that I know damn well those people wouldn't take.

To me, they look like Apache Indians, and I guess the influence is set in pretty deep for me. I'm happy to have them in the community, and I look forward to when they finally get their phase of the immigration process settled, like the Irish and the Italians did decades ago. They remind me of the Cambodians and Vietnamese in New England - really hard-working and dedicated to their families. Those are good old-fashion American values, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

True

America is like the planet's culture plague. We devastate all other cultures by merely existing, and yet we worry that immigrants are going to destroy our culture? Please...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Don't be sick what latino separatist, Mexican/Hispanic pride, people and groups have done to our country. They are just pieces of the game. Be sick of the politicians that have allowed this to go on for so long. Understand that the federal government does NOT care about illegal immigration.

Blame the Mexican government too. It's so obvious they are full of corruption and uncaring. That's why their own people are being murdered all the time in horrible ways by the drug cartel's. That's why the drug cartel's even exist. If the Mexican government had any sense they'd declare a war and take care of these parasites.

Originally posted by TheDragonLord
Who are we to deprive them of that right?

If they are here illegally, they have no rights!

Originally posted by NorEaster
reply to post by AlreadyGone

True

America is like the planet's culture plague. We devastate all other cultures by merely existing, and yet we worry that immigrants are going to destroy our culture? Please...

It's sad you feel that way. True American culture does not harm other cultures. It's obvious you don't even know what American culture truly is.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Only one thing left for you to do: marry a Spanish or Mexican woman and complete the assimilation process. Hey - look at it this way...if the U.S. goes downhill - independantly of the illegal alien issue - most likely Americans will seek solace and refuge in either Canada or Central and South America. In those circumstances, YOU'LL be the illegal.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Let's not forget that this is all part of the 'game'. such as French President Nicolas Sarkozy saying the French should marry with other ethnic groups and the survival of the country depends on it.
I'd love to know how these people fall into such stupidity.
He wasn't born this way, neither were the rest behind the new world order. Who knows, maybe even they can be woke up and do what's right.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDragonLord
Who are we to deprive them of that right?

When you want to a different country, you have to do some paperwork. Simple as that. Illegally migrating to a country isn't a right.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Wolf321, are you falling into obama's plan for us (promote racism, divide the country, destroy the country)?

The powerful taxpayer funded National Communist La Raza (NCLR), mecha and other commie front organizations, exist to promote race hatred and to overthrow the country, and to eventually invoke AZTLAN.
Suppo rting Article
Van Jones' (the dictator of the congress) organization, The Apollo Alliance (they write our laws for congress), is another insidious commie front organization

Now that racism is official US policy are you about to become an obama-zombie?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join