It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO You believe in ET? The OFFICIAL Consensus!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

What would happen if someone came forward with ACTUAL physical evidence?

Like you alluded to I believe we'd enter a new, enlightened era.

It is at this point that any serious discussion of UFOs and Extraterrestrials cannot avoid delving into the subject of governmental coverups and suppression of evidence.

Here's where we get to problematic areas. If one assumes governments are aware of alien life and have evidence that they're hiding, how likely is it that the government's denial of such a claim will be accepted? If you already believe they're being deceptive, nothing therefore could be truthful.

One must also assume that the interacting alien life forms also only deal with governments and that all of their activity can somehow be concealed from the non-governmental masses.

If one is predetermined to believe a government coverup, such things as you have listed begin to serve one's confirmation bias. "War Of The World caused panic, so they CAN'T tell us!". "We requested documents and they sent us stuff they blacked out so there MUST be a cover up!".

But again, the notion of a government coverup of it's interaction with alien life forms serve as another circuitous route around that uncomfortable fact that we have no solid, tangible evidence of life elsewhere to date. It presumes there is evidence but the government just won't release it. Personally, I believe it would be extraordinarily difficult to conceal and additionally, such a colossal discovery would more likely be boasted by the government in possession of said discovery.

Any way you slice it, we still need something greater than personal accounts, youtube videos, stories of coverups and all of the lore surrounding alien existence. We need something we can touch, test, peer review and study in order to confirm existence of ET life.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Kinda hard to limit this to just Yes of No.
You got all those egyptian glyphs with UFo's in them.
You got cave painting with UFO's from the prehistoric times.
You got renessance painting with UFO's in them.
You got the Nazca lines that can only be seen from the air.

so yes put me down

But,

Not all the space craft out there are ET's. I'd say most are USAF, DoD, Naval space command, and lets not forget the VRIL project that the SS Nazis developed.
You might even say that the new X-37b is a USAF UFO since it is in orbit for the next 9 months, except we know about that.

but,

Then you have the really strange UFo that is seen from the SOHO satilite that orbits the sun. You know Nostridamius taked about the "Watchers" in century II.

but,

I'v been lucky to see several unexplain phenomon back in 1972, 1986, 1988.

but,

I even got overflown low by a then secret F-117 back in 1985 out in death valley. It was daytime and it freaked me out. A black triangle moving like abat out hell. Now adays we know what it is a stealth jet. Back then, it was just WOW!!!

So like I said, its hard to say just YES or NO...
I'll say that there are many Mysteries to be learned..

my 2 yen

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
I'm curious and would like to get an overall sense of how the general public feels about the subject of ET's & UFO's.

If you're a believer, why? Have you had a first hand experience?

Hi discl0sur3, here is my opinion about it.

I am convinced that we are not alone and we never were alone.

I am convinced that we are the creation of one or more of those intelligences out there.

I have seen a Ufo myself together with my wife and two sons at night in Dec. 1984.

This footage from 1971 triggered my interest in the UFO/ET phenomenon when I was 25 years old.

I did come to those conclusions after studying the UFO/ET phenomenon for some 38 years now.

[edit on 8/5/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by illustro

see my post top of page 3

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The concept of advanced lifeforms, civilizations, etc "out there" is almost a given...the numbers support this.

The question most rational thinking people have are, are they visiting earth.
Some will see this as obvious, because they see earth as important...not fully comprehending how much stuff is out there..like one anthill is important and should be noticed.

I believe firmly that advanced civs are out there.
I would like to believe some beneviolent forms have popped by now and again.
I would also like to believe that they will step in should we attempt to do something epically stupid....such as create some planet exploding weapon, or completely destroy our environment, etc....

but my desire to believe something is not true belief...time may tell, or we may just have to go out there and find them ourselves.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well i wasn't a believer till October 2005 (14 years old) when i witnessed extraordinary UFO's hovering not far from my house i remember it vividly because i watched Monarch of the Glen as it was about the Loch Ness monster or somesuch it was around 7:02pm-7:11pm the sighting of the 3 lights which hovered getting brighter then they dimmed their lights and flew in seperate direction..strange thing is something told me to look out the window i was just transfixed, i didnt move just transfixed on these bright beautiful lights.

Then in April 2006(15 years old) i witnessed a UFO in Spain, doing an emergency landing vertically onto a mountain top..it was on fire on the roof.. next day i used binoculars in direction of the hill there it was clear as day a saucer sitting there damaged behind the treeline over the next week from about 1am-4am and using binoculars i observed welding taking place on the hillside and sparks of greenlight on the damaged canopy.

I plucked up the courage to walk the fairly long distance on my own(my parents were having a siesta) and climb the steep hill, my god it was a wonderful sight..the crates,the legs,the canopy it just had to be ET origin in my eyes..the only problem is i remember flashes of images but not much..i remember feeling the metal shape looking for a way in it was just perfect except for the charred and twisted canopy on top and a large hole below it.

The crates of strange tools which i couldnt pick up no matter what..the feeling of the object that resembled a wrench it was surreal, i recall a soft womans voice. Then my memories fade. Turns out i was gone 3 hours my parents were at the local Guardia Civil station talking to the officers when a local took me back to the hotel at least i think it was a local

Ever since i have been fascinated by the stars and space as a whole and love the UFO subject. I have had my own disclosure and i'm grateful for it.

Now at 19 i see UFO's more often i have many photos and videos of them, but the one i want is me shaking the hand of an ET or pictures inside a ship looking out into space or another planet hell even Earth.. now that would rock!

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Believer. UFOs only AFAIK. I'll have to come back & list sightings after I feed my minions.
2nd line, please?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Firstly ATS, hello!

Secondly I do believe in Extraterrestrials.

My 'educational' background is in science and with that taken in to account I think it would be statistically in favour that there is other life out there.

As to whether aliens are visiting us, I think that evidence suggests that all religion is based on some form of ET interaction. I like to remain open minded and hopeful that we are in contact with aliens if only to say we are not alone.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I believe there is a stupid amount of intelligent life in our universe, simply because we exist and the sheer size of our universe convinces me there must be more than just us on earth.

If that life has visited earth is another question, im 90% it has though my own research but not totally convinced. Hopefully i live another 50-60 years to see some cool aliens.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Any way you slice it, we still need something greater than personal accounts, youtube videos, stories of coverups and all of the lore surrounding alien existence. We need something we can touch, test, peer review and study in order to confirm existence of ET life.

I wonder what another race would do to us, hypothetically speaking.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I do believe life outside of this world... IF we have all types of animals and other type of life form on this planet, so why not in other star systems...

Do I consider UFO's to be ET's or government? I would say they're both.... the ET's has been here in the past and present.. like an member mentioned how did they able to built a craft?how they got the idea's,information and all? One could only assume they recovered real ET UFO's and/or the ET's are here and giving them advise on how to.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
drake's equation meets fermi paradox...

well the odds are good... now as for "more advanced" that narrows it a lot

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yes I believe they exist, and that we are visited often and are helped by them.
- are 100% harmless
- produce a majority of the crop circles
- help 'mop' up our radioactive toxins that permeate our atmosphere and oceans (within karmic laws - that is to say, it is our mess and our responsibility to deal with it, but we can be helped within certain limits.)
- are advanced humanity from other planets in this solar system
- being advanced they exist on a higher more subtle plane of physical
matter known as the etheric plane. (to be seen by us, they simply lower
the vibration of their craft or bodies)
- governments are aware of their existence and do their best to denigrate or deny their existence.

One source of this info: Conference Talk and Q&A given last August in San Francisco:

1) www.share-international.org...

2) www.share-international.org...

[edit on (8/5/10) by xfiler]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

I'm uncertain whether the things I've seen were ETs or not.

c. 1967/68 Camping at the beach with my family, we saw something that looked like colored lightning out over the Gulf of Mexico. We watched for about a half hour +/- with the people camped near us & one of the constables from Nueces County. He said it wasn't flares & there was no sound like thunder or fireworks or anything. I want to say it had a "nucleus" or concentrated kind of ball, but I don't know that now. What I really remember is the way it up the clouds around it & that there were clouds in front of it. All of the flashes were the same color, but I don't remember whether they were green or red.

c. 1988 driving down 35, between San Marcos, with my mom & (then) fiance, my mom pointed out strange lights off to the west over some farmland. It was a row of different colored, pale lights that seemed to be "chasing" around a disk(?). We watched it until we passed it. We tried to tell ourselves it must be a blimp at first, but it was moving too fast for that.

c.1991, when the 1st Gulf War had started, I woke up at 3:19 & for some reason, went straight to our living room window (which faced northeast) & looked out. There was a huge white light that was low in the sky & looked like it was going to go over our condo- basically, "headed straight for us". It wasn't very far away & really low.
We lived near the airport & this was perpendicular to the commercial flight pattern & past where it could bank to land (it also looked like if it was going to the runway for the small planes.
I freaked out & went back to the bedroom & waited for it to go over, thinking maybe it was a helicopter or a small plane but it never did.

c. 2002 I had driven up to Austin one night when I was ticked off at DH & about San Marcos noticed a large gold-ish white light that was almost directly over 35 in front of me, maybe 3 or 4 light poles high. As I was getting in to Austin, there was some other stuff in the sky- 1 small plane that crossed over 35 & a helicopter that crossed back & forth near it. The light just hung there, but because of the road, it seemed like it moved. I turned around & headed back and after a few miles, I noticed that there was an identical light off to the east & in front of me. At one point, it crossed over 35 and went way to the west, almost even with me, but a little while later, I realized it was back in the place I had seen it to the east. I don't know if it was the same light or 2 different ones.

In 2004, I was driving down a main street about 10 AM & what looked light a garbage bag in the sky caught my attention. We had a low overcast that day & it was a little lower than helicopters usually fly. It moved very deliberately & steadily & I realized it wasn't flapping around like a garbage bag would. Luckily, traffic wasn't heavy but I apparently all but stopped in the middle of the street, because the car behind me went around me. A couple of blocks ahead, they were pulled over in a gas station- I think watching it too, but by then, it was behind us. It looked kind of like the flying entity video, but turned on it's side.

March before last, we noticed that there was a very large, bright white light low in the sky to our sw out our patio door. It is a 3 piece door (6' + sidelight). Judging by the frame on the door, we watched it move very slowly to our right, back a little to the left & then gradually upward until we couldn't see it anymore. It went on about 40 minutes.
This happened for 3 nights in a row, skipped a night & resumed for 2 more nights. We haven't ever seen it again. BUT

about a month ago, we were on 37 out by Poteet & DH noticed a large white light, really low in the sky, off to our west that didn't seem to be moving. We watched it all the way home (about 45 minutes). It would look like it was ahead of us, but then we'd look for it again & it would be behind us.
About a week after that, we were going home from going to eat & we saw another light like that off the highway. That was in the flight pattern & several commercial planes crossed above it while we were watching it.
I'm not sure if these are some kind of drones or ufos or what, but all 3 lights were in the same place for too long to be helicopters. If the one in town had been the police helicopter, it seems like it would have used it's searchlight at least once.

There may have been another time or 2, but these are the times that stick out to me.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yeah I believe in ETs. They are here and interacting with us for evil purposes. The world would not be so fcked up if they weren't evil. If they were good, the world would not be fcked up. As it is, they are an evil set of beings.

This explains all the crop circles, cattle mutilations, ufo sightings, and advanced technology that our governments have.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
can someone please explain these?
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 10-5-2010 by jazz10]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm definitely a believer, considering all the weird unexplainable things people see in the sky and also on the ground ( i'm thinking Puma Punku, starchild skull etc. ).
Just to much to deny...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Good threat BTW
flagged it...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Dude, I hate to break the fun here but there are a number of issues...

1) ATS forums are far from official.
2) Your test subjects are just a tad biased.

If you were to go out and do this study door to door, with proper survey questions and unbiased test subjects you may have something. Otherwise this is just what the majority of people in the UFO forum believe, without any real data for analysis.

Otherwise, good idea for a thread. I just think the title is quite misleading.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by seenitall]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'd say yes other forms of life exist outside of earth.

I'd say that MOST of them are probably microbial.

I'd say of the one's that aren't, VERY few species would be able to travel in such a way that it would make it feasible to get here.

Of the one's who are advanced enough to get here, having a real dialogue with humans would be tantamount having a conversation with one's dog. If there are ET's among us, they're likely akin to bird-watchers amongst their own kind and are probably quite bored.

I find it FAR more likely that UFO's are next-gen government/corporate technology. I'll even go further to say that I think its more likely that man-kind will discover time travel and send back probes/technology that we witness throughout history and interpret as UFO's than aliens visiting from other worlds.

I think there might also be celestial "animals" (if you will,) that don't need atmosphere or terrestrial homes to survive.

Of course all of this is based on what we THINK we know about space/time and reality, which subsequently adds up to very little.

I DID however see something today that hardened my belief that flying saucers are property of the Good Ole U. S. of A. I work across the 805 freeway from Miramar in San Diego. Today around 2pm or so, they were circling C22-Ospreys around the base (pretty cool to watch btw.) Every time one came by, the prop vibrations would rattle my window (even though they were fairly far away.) The 3rd time I got "disturbed" by this pulsing noise, I looked out the window.

As an Osprey was making the Southeast corner of their loop in a counter-clockwise direction, I saw a small silvery looking object just underneath a cloud. It appeared to be in the sun and I could see that it was a disc or orb looking craft, just sitting perfectly still. As the Osprey moved beneath it, it began to move in a very "deliberate" fashion, seemingly following the Osprey as it rounded the corner. This object looked to be quite small and at first I thought it might just be a high flying bird. Problem was the height and the way it moved. As it moved away from me to the east, it went in front of a cloud and disappeared. I don't know if what I saw was propelled by prop, jet, or other, but it moved in a very odd way, as if riding on an invisible line.

By my very rough estimates, it was 5-8' in diameter, circular or orb-like in shape and it moved consistently in relation to the angle of the Osprey. I could totally have mistaken it for a flying saucer. My guess is that it was taking footage of the Ospreys as they maneuvered around the field. I'd have to say my best guess is that it was a drone with anti-grav capabilities by its movement and trajectory. When I say it disappeared, I mean to say it could have been that it went into the cloud OR it could have been cloaked and I just happened to catch sight of it while it was in between clouds. Either way, it was cool and I want one
As to it being ET, pretty doubtful, more likely it's a new (or not-so-new,) drone used (in this case,) for analysis of the Osprey aircraft.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join