It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO You believe in ET? The OFFICIAL Consensus!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm curious and would like to get an overall sense of how the general public feels about the subject of ET's & UFO's.
I've read statistics from various sources ranging from 32-85% of the population believing that they exist & are currently interacting with us!

If you're a believer, why? Have you had a first hand experience?

If you're a non-believer, please present your evidence and we'll discuss it.

I for one am a believer based on two personal unexplained sightings combined with countless number of hours researching this subject over the years.

My prediction is:
-60-70% of you will support the subject.

-20% will call me a looney & accuse me of only starting this thread for S&F. I'm actually, genuinely interested in this data.

-10% will present intelligently researched support for the argument against the subject.

Which category do you fall into? I'll keep the Tally!

[edit on 7-5-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I for one believe in ET life. It forms part of my Religion, so if I can believe in a God I must therefore believe in all his works, which so happen to include ET's.

I do as well look at all the evidence out there, there is definatly something happening to all these people who claim abduction etc. If by ET's or us is another matter.

So, put me in the believer camp!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think any person believing we are all thats out here in our world, is small minded to say the least. We dont know anything about us and where we really came from to even begin to say we know for sure, theres nothing else out there...

Yes, I believe. I also have a fun image I took when filming chemtrails... Here it is... Notice the three round objects forming a large triangle? The cicles are to highlight the pbjects and a plane in the top of the image, not a chemtrail there, just a normal contrail. But if you scroll the image to the right, youll see the 'objects'...

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Goethe]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by balrathamir
I for one believe in ET life. It forms part of my Religion, so if I can believe in a God I must therefore believe in all his works, which so happen to include ET's.

I do as well look at all the evidence out there, there is definatly something happening to all these people who claim abduction etc. If by ET's or us is another matter.

So, put me in the believer camp!

1 for believer

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
the question you have asked is a complex one....when i think deep and hard and try to expand my mind one word comes to mind that sums up what my brain is doing............No

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

That is very curious. What happened after this picture was taken? Did they fly off? Disappear?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by the illuminator
the question you have asked is a complex one....when i think deep and hard and try to expand my mind one word comes to mind that sums up what my brain is doing............No

Fair enough. I'm curious, Is there any particular reason why not?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
YES!

Now we have to ask ourselves this.

1. Have they ever been here in our past?
2. Are they here now?
3. Do we have to go out and find them?

WAAAAYYY TOOOO Many stars out there to just simply say no.

My $0.02

[edit on 7-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
YES!

No we have to ask ourselves this.

1. Have they ever been here in our past?
2. Are they here now?
3. Do we have to go out and find them?

WAAAAYYY TOOOO Many stars out there to just simply say no.

My $0.02

Thank you for that. I see that there's still no response from the "No" guy.

So, we have 3 yes's and 1 no so far, my prediction isn't far off

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
reply to post by Goethe

That is very curious. What happened after this picture was taken? Did they fly off? Disappear?

Dont know. I only caught it while uploading the image to my pc. My fiance saw it first and said, 'WTF', end quote...

The very next day, Black Hawk choppers were buzzing the trees where they were near for about 30-45 minutes or so. Real low, not flying through or anything. All black too.

Heres the image and a zoomed in image of one of the 'objects'...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I believe in alien life.

Iv seen around 4-5 ufos, I can't say that they're of life from another planet. Could be the governement. But I still belive in other life. It's mathematicaly impossible and foolish to believe that we are the ony intelligent life out there.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
And for the record, that was my first and only experience with anything like this... EVER

Ive seen some crazy stuff in the service and since, but nothing like this.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I'm curious and would like to get an overall sense of how the general public feels about the subject of ET's & UFO's.

Well which is it, what are you asking?

Do I believe in the possibility of extra-terrestrial life? Of course.

Do I believe that they're visiting us and many UFO sightings are proof of this? No I don't.

Good luck with getting your data.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yes I do believe in ETs. And that they are visiting us.
My evidence: Years of reading cases of Astronauts, random people, scientists,etc.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by jolois]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Well which is it, what are you asking?

Do I believe in the possibility of extra-terrestrial life? Of course.

Do I believe that they're visiting us and many UFO sightings are proof of this? No I don't.

Good luck with getting your data.

My apologies for the confusion, thank you for pointing that out. I edited the original question, it now reads "they exist & are currently interacting with us!"

May I ask why it is that feel it's implausible that a race of beings may have been created millions of years before us and have developed the technology to master space/time? Your answer comes off as slightly hypocritical with all due respect.

So I guess it's 2 for no

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You can mark me down as yes, I do believe.

I have never had any personal experience, as in sightings. But I don't see how they could not exist.
I am on the fence if they are interacting with us.

Editing cause you changed your question

~Tragic~

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Tragic]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am open minded enough to say there is a possibility in intelligent life out there. Now do I believe there is microbiological forms of life out there again I would yes, that one would be a strong possibility, if not a probable.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This seems to be popular as of late. I have seen quite a few polls in regards to the same consensus that you're requesting.

My response to your question:

Personally, I think this should actually be a two part question when referring to the existence of ETs i.e....

#1) Do you believe that ETs exist and have in the past and are currently perusing planet Earth?

#2) Do you believe that within the vastness of the Universe that ETs exists?

In that aspect, for #1), I have personally seen an object of which I can not associate with any conventional aircraft. However, there is the argument of DoD experimental aircraft of which the public is not aware exists. I can't rule this out no more than I can rule out it being ET in nature. Most associate UFOs with Intelligent Beings. Well we humans are pretty intelligent for the most part, so assuming that we couldn't develop Alien looking aerial technology is not too hard to fathom.

For #2), I think it is absolutely naive to believe that with the vastness of this Universe there isn't some form of ET out there. However "ET", for all intensive purpose could be a one celled microbial organism. However, to remain in context with the initial question in regards to Intelligent Alien life the same view applies. This Universe is mind-bogglingly so vast that to think that life could have so exponentially evolved on Earth as it has and couldn't do the same elsewhere in the Universe, is quite preposterous IMO.

Good Thread! S&F

[edit on 5/7/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
6 yes
2 no
2 on the fence

Amazingly no one has called me crazy...yet!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

That's a great deduction and I would agree. According to reports I've read, some believe up to 80% of the UFO's we see are Government built...there is no doubt in my mind. My question to you would be, where did they get that technology and what about the other 20%?
These are questions I ask myself and is no way meant to come across condescending.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join