It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO You believe in ET? The OFFICIAL Consensus!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Anyone calling the op crazy is the one that is crazy.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Do i believe life exists beyond earth? Without a doubt! Do i believe aliens have been, or currently are visiting earth? If some of the evidence i have seen is true, then without a doubt. Personally, i believe strongly, they have been here.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My vote:

Aliens exist? Yes
Some know that the sun has planets? Probably
Some know about life on earth? Possibly
Some know about intelligence on earth? Not likely.
Some have ever sent spacecraft to earth? It is possible.
Some have visited earth in recent history? I severely doubt it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
Anyone calling the op crazy is the one that is crazy.

Ha ha...thanks Goethe.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yes i do believe.

Had contact with 6 of them, greys.

Scary times!

Edit: No joke.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Senz20]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
My vote:

Aliens exist? Yes
Some know that the sun has planets? Probably
Some know about life on earth? Possibly
Some know about intelligence on earth? Not likely.
Some have ever sent spacecraft to earth? It is possible.
Some have visited earth in recent history? I severely doubt it.

Thank you for your input.
But respectfully, why is it that you believe that these beings may have visited us in the past but are not doing so now?

I'm very curious as to why individuals, not just yourself Tearman take this standpoint with the vast amount of physical & photographic evidence available today.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senz20
Yes i do believe.

Had contact with 6 of them, greys.

Scary times!

Edit: No joke.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Senz20]

Wow! Please elaborate, have you already created a thread with the details?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
the parameters of life are far to many that it would be improbable

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by the illuminator

Can you please explain exactly what you mean by that?
Our galaxy alone contains an estimated 100 Billion stars

There are about ten thousand billion billion habitable planets in the observable universe.

Alan Boss, astrophysicist at the Carnegie Institution in Washington, D.C., and author of "The Crowded Universe" came up with that rough number by estimating there is about one habitable planet around every sun-like star in the galaxy, of which there are about 10 billion, and multiplying that by the number of galaxies in the universe (about 100 billion).

This result is inexact of course, so give or take a power of ten or so, which is standard for these types of estimates in astronomy.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

So, this rock can form life, but no where else? God, I hope we arent alone...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Not at all condescending.

I can go both ways on this actually. The technology that encompasses UFOs to the average layperson would very well seem to stem from some other worldly means. This is a valid argument and I will not discount this view in the least. Mainly because I, as well as most everyone that has experienced a sighting, doesn't truly know the origin. Their depiction is based solely on their individual belief.

However, one should also consider the brilliance of the human brain and all that it is, and has been, capable of accomplishing.

A good comparison would be architecture. The free flowing forms in many structures can sometimes seem to defy physics.

The knowledge that it would take to develop aircraft of the same caliber would be something that is kept under very tight wraps and would assuredly be limited to only a select pool of minds. Not to mention these aircraft would most assuredly be developed for defense purposes.

So there in lies even more reason to keep it's existence a secret merely for National Security reasons alone. The notion that TPTB are allowing the "UFO craze" to become so mainstream is considered to be a well placed deterrent in some circles.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I don't think it is likely that any ET has visited the earth in the past. But I think the chance is not so remote that it should be discounted.

I've seen thousands of photographs and videos, and have read thousands of accounts of UFO sightings. I just don't think the evidence is very good. I've seen multiple UFOs myself, and I was once certain that alien activity was in fact occurring on the earth. But since then, I've come to question much of the evidence and found alternate explanations that are from my perspective reasonable enough to explain most of the phenomena. What's left, while suggesting at least unusual occurrences, doesn't seem to suggest extraterrestrial activity to me. The cases that seem to explicitly suggest alien activity seem to never come with good, solid evidence.

I want to see pictures of alien spacecraft in space, imaged by multiple telescopes from around the world. I want to see pictures of alien spacecraft entering or leaving the earth's atmosphere. I want to see pieces of recovered alien technology (if possible). I want to hear of encounters with alien agencies that actually sound alien.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I believe that there is life beyond our planet and I would *like* to believe that ET have/are/or will visit the planet as much as I hope that we, as a people, continue to explore that which is around us both on this planet and off it ... who knows, we just might make some friends. We might need them, in the future.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
I want to see pictures of alien spacecraft entering or leaving the earth's atmosphere.

Do a Youtube search, NASA has tons of this stuff

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Of course I have seen all those videos. I think the objects shown in them are readily explainable, though the vids are quite cool.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Tearman]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

No, i want to, but there wasnt really much to the story aka it was only for about a minute, and i was only 6 at the time, so people wouldnt really care or believe me. (im 15 now).

One interesting thing is that they were wearing some kind of space suit, most notably, they had a 'draconian' symbol on their right side of their chest.
how strange.

If you really want, i could make a thread about it tomorrow, i woild do it today, but its already dark, so dark that i can barely see my keys. I only tyoed this clean because i predded backspace 4 million times for each word.

So if you want me to make a threadm just leet me know

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The universe is teeming with life.

They have been here off and on for thousands of years.

Disclosure has already happened for all intents and purposes but for some stupid reason people refuse to believe.
examples:
The former Canadian Defense Minister
Astronauts
Various current and former government witnesses via Disclosure Project
Releases of information by various governments.

Many people won't believe even after they land on the White House lawn. They will say it is a fake diversionary tactic by the illuminati.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm a believer but not from personal unexplained experiences. Could be government could be aliens who knows? I'm a believer just because I think rationally and to believe we are the only intelligent life in the entire universe is not just arrogant but completely idiotic.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

i myself am not in the "belief" category...

its a matter of probability..

we exist next to a star..

there are a billion stars in our galaxy..

and a billion galaxies...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I'm not sure I got what you're trying to get at here? You do realize that there are literally more stars with planets out there than there are grains of sands on the entire Earth?

The parameters for life only have to be a reality on .00009% of those that would still give you over a 1000 possible planets with life right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join