It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floods inthe uSA real ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

You're in the STL area??? I don't live far from there..I64/57 corridor Southern Illinois..just thought I'd say "hi"

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the youtube video, i don't watch the news so i haven't really been aware of it.

I found this comment youtube and don't know if it's true, but if it is i guess this is one of the reasons it is not that big of a deal to the MSM:

KATRINA HOMES FLOODED: 247,677
KARTINA FATALITIES: 1854 victims
NASHVILLE HOMES FLOODED: 7853
NASHVILLE FATALITIES: 22

Now you have to understand i was born in Nawleans and i am sympathetic to that area. if someone can confirm those numbers i think you can put it all into perspective. I personally would never live in an area where you have to worry about major catastrophes like flooding, hurricanes or tornadoes. I live in VA and we have to worry about blizzards but you can plan ahead and the worst that can happen is you are stuck in your home for a few weeks. As long as you are prepared it is not a problem. Loss of electricity would be the worst thing but that's what a bunch of blankets and books are for!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaydie
The problem was that it rained so hard and the system was soooo
slow moving that the water did not have a chance to drain.

And yes, there is almost a dismissive attitude because it was the South.

I've seen this attitude even here on ATS. Not about the flood per say but
in the fact that the most common insults thrown around here when
someone disagrees with someone else is "redneck". "southern redneck",
"white trash", "hillbilly" etc.
It pissed me right off.

Thats a perceptive point, here in Australia we continually see Hollywood movies that portray the South as a hotbed of inbreeding and racism.
Christianity down south also seems to be portayed as stupid and corrupt or closely linked with the KKK?
Why is this ?
Are they exempt from vilification laws?
I have seen no similar vilification of Jews and Muslims on US exported shows only Southern Christians ie Bible Bashers or KKK sympathisers
Its as if the christians of the south are second class human beings.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Well hello there neighbor.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

The KKK and IKA are alive and, erm, well here in the USA. Unfortunately.
They are not just a southern group. They are listed as a domestic terrorist group here for the whole country.

There was a thread started by one of those racists just a couple of days ago.

[edit on 7/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire

Originally posted by Zaydie
The problem was that it rained so hard and the system was soooo
slow moving that the water did not have a chance to drain.

And yes, there is almost a dismissive attitude because it was the South.

I've seen this attitude even here on ATS. Not about the flood per say but
in the fact that the most common insults thrown around here when
someone disagrees with someone else is "redneck". "southern redneck",
"white trash", "hillbilly" etc.
It pissed me right off.

Thats a perceptive point, here in Australia we continually see Hollywood movies that portray the South as a hotbed of inbreeding and racism.
Christianity down south also seems to be portayed as stupid and corrupt or closely linked with the KKK?
Why is this ?
Are they exempt from vilification laws?
I have seen no similar vilification of Jews and Muslims on US exported shows only Southern Christians ie Bible Bashers or KKK sympathisers
Its as if the christians of the south are second class human beings.

You guys down under are not shown in a great light here either sadly. Ive been down under several times and love it. New Zeland is better
, but havent you guys had your issues with the race issues too at times?

We are no better, or different. Hate is everywhere.

As to the op, this issue is being talked about here in the US, but not as much as it should be for some reason. I personally think it has to do with FAME taking over flood areas nationwide and redesignating them. 40% of the US is now up for flood insurance mandates, which are underwritten by guess who... FEMA.

They need to recoup over $20billion in money for the cash put out for Katrina and Rita... (Which is what I though tax money and flood and storm insurance was for...)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Yeah it seems strange how Hollywood which is full of descendants of Holocaust survivors portrays other religious people and countries shabbily.
Its as if every one else is fair game but dare shed a Jew in bad light and you are labellled a redneck or a bigoted racist or even a NAZI.
But you can have Hollywood Producers giving th enod to films that contain derogotary references to whites"trailer trash" "rednecks" "inbreds" bible bashers " hillbillien scum" ect and its meant to be taken witha grain of salt.
I personally am sick and tired of hearing Jesus Christ used asa swear word in Hollywood shows.
Its like who cares about tennesee or texas they are all christian bible bashing renecked kKK fans who deserve no coverage in their time of need.
I think it is poor form all around, is Obama anti South?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Yeah it seems strange how Hollywood which is full of descendants of Holocaust survivors portrays other religious people and countries shabbily.
Its as if every one else is fair game but dare shed a Jew in bad light and you are labellled a redneck or a bigoted racist or even a NAZI.
But you can have Hollywood Producers giving th enod to films that contain derogotary references to whites"trailer trash" "rednecks" "inbreds" bible bashers " hillbillien scum" ect and its meant to be taken witha grain of salt.
I personally am sick and tired of hearing Jesus Christ used asa swear word in Hollywood shows.
Its like who cares about tennesee or texas they are all christian bible bashing renecked kKK fans who deserve no coverage in their time of need.
I think it is poor form all around, is Obama anti South?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Sorry I have tried to edit or remove the second double post several times, in fact , but to no avail.
So apologies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join