It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONSERVATIVES WIN... UK Election...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Ha ha. Good.
I couldnt stand it if BNP got some power.

Also, in my area, it said on the polling card, next to BNPs name - bring our boys back home.

Uggh...
What also made me laugh is their 'flyers' they posted through the door.
They put Winston Churchill next to their party leader.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Hey, the Green party want to increase minimum wage to over £8 an hour!

I was just about on that when I used to lay Bricks!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Hey, the Green party want to increase minimum wage to over £8 an hour!

I was just about on that when I used to lay Bricks!

And I bet that wasn't yesterday
But you should have been a joiner.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by smurfy]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Ha ha. Yeah. Imagine, somebody who stacks shelfs or flips burgers could have been on the same wage as a bricky!
Anyway, I threw the trowel in 2 years ago.

I would have voted Green if they had a member running down my way.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I voted using an HB Pencil tonight too.... but I was also an Enumerator later on - and i definitely never seen any rubbing out of crosses and other assorted marks ( even seen a few smiley faces :p )

So it was probably just pencils as theyre cheaper or something..

[edit on 6/5/10 by dawa]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
A lot of people here in the uk havnt been able to vote today for one reason or another, i dont think this will be settled for a while

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nevets

A brain? finally! Welcome to the small party...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
I live in central Scotland ... and don't know a single person who hasn't voted Conservative.

Yes, that's right. Scotland. Conservative !

Think this election will throw up quite a few surprises.

It already has, and throw up is the correct words, as in it makes me want to.

It disgusts me that so many 'sheeple' seem to have been turned to voting for those conservative muppets. I can only imagine the over efficient British health service is to blame for keeping so many elderly and senile folk alive and mobile enough to vote for these morons.

As far as not knowing anyone who votes conservative goes, of course you dont. You probably live in a posh area and dont know any 'real' people. I'll bet if you did know someone who voted labour you'd look down on them right?

I just love that there will be a hung parliament and all those tory snobs will be forced to work with labour instead of the infantile oppositional crap throwing they normally do.

I'm sure they'll all find sour-grapes in it somewhere, Politicians always do. I really wish Scotland had true independence. It's still owned by London basically no matter which collection of suits you vote for.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Wind of change!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It looks like every single seat is going to count. We may not know the full story until Fri lunchtime. We might not know who can form a govt til monday...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sorry, but this is a disaster for the tories. We are headed for a hung parliament, and until a new govt. is formed, Brown remains PM.

The tories won't get a majority, and labour will form a coalition with the liberals to form the new govt.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
At least this should see the end of Cameron. Despite fighting an election against a hugely unpopular prime minister, against the backdrop of the worst recession in a generation and with access to Ashcroft's millions STILL cant win an election.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Personally I agree with you, but I fear that the Tory media are going to spin this so hard that it may be impossible for a Lib/Lab pact or coalition to function.
This result is another indication of exactly how stupid our electoral system is. The Tories look like getting 36% of the vote, 29% Labour & 23% LibDem. Yet a Lib/Lab pact with 52% of the vote would have about the same number of seats as the Tories with 16% less vote share.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'm glad I'm not the only one who found voting in pencil to be a little bit suspect. I pressed extra hard to make a mark in the paper just incase.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Go hung parliment

the Libs hold the cards right now... and will be courted by Brown and Cameron.. what will Lab and the Cons sell to get the liberal votes
be interesting to see, tho I doubt will know for a little while...

all the election promises will meet the bin earlier than normal for a British gov

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Go hung parliament??? Are you crazy??? The FTSE has already opened 1.5 points down.... Government bonds were going through the roof early hours this morning when the market thought there would be a Tory gvt, but now they have bottomed..... Now we have aresoles playing party politics with our future just so they can keep their jobs.... So is it good then that a minority party can hold the vast majority of the electorate to ransom??? I think not.... This is our future we are talking about... Its not a game... And the economy is already showing signs of instability.... If Brown refuses to go then he should be reminded that this country once had the stomache to behead a king....

There is already trouble on the streets... Racial tension just where I live.. That mixed with economics and distain for the leadership is going to create havoc...

This result is not good news...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Sorry, but this is a disaster for the tories. We are headed for a hung parliament, and until a new govt. is formed, Brown remains PM.
The tories won't get a majority, and labour will form a coalition with the liberals to form the new govt.

This is s re-run of 1974

I voted for Ted Heath in 1974, but even I thought that it was pathetic and embarassing when he tried to cling on to power after losing his majority. It was just so obvious that the voters had rejected him.

Brown is in exactly the same situation now. If Labour tries to cling on to power, ii will be pathetic and inappropriate.

The outcome in 1974 was that the largest party formed a minority government, and held another election later in the year in order to improve their standing. That's what ought to happen now.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Nope, I really don't feel I am crazy... a hung parliment is the only way short of voting in the etremes that allows the current bunch of # to get their act together and represent the people..

If they choose not to sort out the mess, then I fear the next step WILL be a greater leaning towards the extremes.. and while the current swing between red and blue exists nothing will change, and we will end up in chaos.

The markets might not like it, but in the short term I really feel a hung parliment is better than a Lab or Con Gov...

[edit on 7/5/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
At least labour and lib dems cannot make government.

I for one like the hung parliament, lets just see them play all there games shall we.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

This is our future we are talking about... Its not a game... And the economy is already showing signs of instability....
You are aware that there are plenty of other things going on in the world that affect the markets, right? Er... Japan have just pumped $20 Billion into liquidity of their banks, the Dow is massively down, the whole Greece thing, uncertainty in Germany with an election on the way...
Anyway, is anyone surprised that financiers would prefer the Tories? F# 'em, I say.
You are right that its our future tho, which is exactly why we cant afford the damage that the Tory manifesto would do to our medium term prospects. We'll be looking at years of high unemployment under Osbourne's plan.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join