It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONSERVATIVES WIN... UK Election...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
???? And your surprised by this? It's a game...Both party's are run by the same arrogant people...When will everyone learn! This is ridiculous...

Exactly what he said. I've tried to be interested for the first time in my life but I just can't get by the constant bullsh*t.

Nothing will change and just because the votes aren't in yet who said it hasn't already been decided?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Jeez if we get a Lib/Lab coalition then this country is headed for the dump. Tory/Lib is our best hope.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Jeez if we get a Lib/Lab coalition then this country is headed for the dump. Tory/Lib is our best hope.

Seeing a Tory/Lib

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Yeah I was worried too.... I nearly said something about why they wrote my number on their sheet in pencil and I had to use a Pencil in the booth too....

I actually met my dad at the Polling station today and when we came out the first thing I said was "I bet they rub-out our votes and pencil in Tories" I live in a Tory area.

I really was a little put off by the fact that they were writing in pencil and the pencils had a rubber on the end of them too.... :shk: :shk:

Oh well.

Never heard of such a thing, pencil voting. I'm not sure it would even be legal for all the obvious reasons?

Did you not take a pen?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Morons on Sky News complaining about how they have not been able to vote because doors are shut.

Err.. its 10pm for a reason and if they are dumb enough to leave it until the last minute then thats their fault.

Makes you wonder why so many leave it to the last minute? They were obviously not that concerned about voting in the first place.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Velvet1

Did you vote?..................Was it a pen or pencil?

Rang my Dad and told him to take a pen..........even though he is with Cons

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
And Sunderland stays in Labour's hold. We must remember that area is staunch labour.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Jeez, you an American? Only teasing, it will not be Lib/Con that would mean Clegg in the driving seat but Con/Lab/Lib more than likely.

You really won't like the savage 'quick fix' Tory cuts, unless of course you happen to be one who sits at the top table?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1

Never heard of such a thing, pencil voting. I'm not sure it would even be legal for all the obvious reasons?

Did you not take a pen?

Funnily enough I nearly took a pen and then thought "they usually have them" so didn't bother.
My town is a pretty well guarded Tory seat so all in all I'm sure my vote didn't count that much, however if this was a nationwide "ploy" to use pencils and then change it all... then that's one big fat conspiracy right there....

Although I dunno man... I can't remember if it was pencil or pen last time, never gave it a thought then.... this time, i was very concerned.
At the end of the day, you don't sign it.... they can do what they like when you leave anyway, so whether my X is in pen or pencil, there's no stopping them filling out a new one, or just changing it or counting it as something else anyway.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Jeez, you an American? Only teasing, it will not be Lib/Con that would mean Clegg in the driving seat but Con/Lab/Lib more than likely.

You really won't like the savage 'quick fix' Tory cuts, unless of course you happen to be one who sits at the top table?

I'm British and the cuts are necessary i am afraid. Not going to like it but i believe in voting for the party which will be best for the country and not best for my own needs.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta
reply to post by Velvet1

Yes, I voted with pen as it is mightier than the sword and errr pencils with sneaky rubbers.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Did you not take a pen?

Funnily enough I nearly took a pen and then thought "they usually have them" so didn't bother.
My town is a pretty well guarded Tory seat so all in all I'm sure my vote didn't count that much, however if this was a nationwide "ploy" to use pencils and then change it all... then that's one big fat conspiracy right there....

Although I dunno man... I can't remember if it was pencil or pen last time, never gave it a thought then.... this time, i was very concerned.
At the end of the day, you don't sign it.... they can do what they like when you leave anyway, so whether my X is in pen or pencil, there's no stopping them filling out a new one, or just changing it or counting it as something else anyway.

This reeks already with more than one on here already stating that pencil voting was offered. Its actually scandalous and I'll say again I'm not sure it's even legal?

NEWS just in ...many were locked out who had got there well before 10 but were queuing and then told sorry closed! More SHTF scenarios there alone.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
According to the BBC exit poll it is a hung parliament, with Conservatives as the largest party. A pity really as the outgoing Government were a pretty experienced bunch. I now await the rock 'n' roll mortgage rates, and a new monetary crisis already in the offing, and we'll soon be back to inflationary pay deals every year, probably even more wars than at the moment. We didn't need an election at this time anyway.
edit to add, pencils?? that's ridiculous, and not believable. The voting booths had pens only provided.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by smurfy]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
In every election (General, Council and European) I have voted in the medium supplied has been a pencil.

Remember that all ballot papers are store for a requisite period after the election in case of legal challenge. Alteration would normally call for a spoiled ballot to be called.

Altering or defacing a ballot paper could only be accomplished by the tellers - who remember are completely oblivious of the state of the vote - as until they have finished the count (and each only sees a very small section of the box they are counting) The are also scrutinised by independent observers at all time - and the constituency party members who are present overseeing the process at all times.

Its a pretty groundless fear - worse is the use of impersonation to achieve false votes - something that has happened in Northern Ireland during the '80s

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
According to the BBC exit poll it is a hung parliament, with Conservatives as the largest party. A pity really as the outgoing Government were a pretty experienced bunch. I now await the rock 'n' roll mortgage rates, and a new monetary crisis already in the offing, and we'll soon be back to inflationary pay deals every year, probably even more wars than at the moment. We didn't need an election at this time anyway.

Looking more than likely, with the markets following downhill pretty quick, if the usual the knock on effect takes place?

Quick fix, I have to laugh and cry at the same time as the real agenda is a necessary global clean slate wipe. Chaos - Order right on schedule.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Velvet1

Sorry Velvet but your shock begs me to ask - is this the first time you have voted?

The legal precedent of HB pencils being used to cast a Secret Ballot has never been challenged (least not in my studies of British politics since 1815!)

ETA - Never challenged unlike the so called voting machines use during Bush Jnr and the infamous "Chads" scandal.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Silk]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

You should have seen my polling station.... just a little hall with two old ladies sat behind a table with two plastic tubs in front of them, one for local, one for parliamentary.... and nobody else in there.

No observers....

believe me... they could have done what they liked and I would imagine that this is the story in many parts of the country.

I do agree though that it's usually pencil, as far as I can remember that is the way it's always been.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta
reply to post by Velvet1

Yes, I voted with pen as it is mightier than the sword and errr pencils with sneaky rubbers.

Gosh, Why are you on this site.......No piss taking needed Velvet!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
In every election (General, Council and European) I have voted in the medium supplied has been a pencil.

Remember that all ballot papers are store for a requisite period after the election in case of legal challenge. Alteration would normally call for a spoiled ballot to be called.

Altering or defacing a ballot paper could only be accomplished by the tellers - who remember are completely oblivious of the state of the vote - as until they have finished the count (and each only sees a very small section of the box they are counting) The are also scrutinised by independent observers at all time - and the constituency party members who are present overseeing the process at all times.

Its a pretty groundless fear - worse is the use of impersonation to achieve false votes - something that has happened in Northern Ireland during the '80s

I found it very indicative that the MSM has focused all this week on huge postal vote fraud. Police investigations already under way, and this information 'before' the actual election.

I wonder how they will further address or manage this scandal alone?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

rather like mine - but i guess you didn't read the notice to voters on the floor/wall by the Ballot boxes or the seals securing the tops of the ballot boxes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join