It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONSERVATIVES WIN... UK Election...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

Originally posted by Velvet1

reply to post by Velvet1

Did you vote?..................Was it a pen or pencil?

Rang my Dad and told him to take a pen..........even though he is with Cons

Yes, I voted with pen as it is mightier than the sword and errr pencils with sneaky rubbers.

Gosh, Why are you on this site.......No piss taking needed Velvet!

I like humour, it's essential to good debate. lack of it, is a major root cause of global tensions and doesn't feed the soul. I was been serious to the Q though. Pencils = open to fixing.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Polling Station - Strange you say that I was greeted by lib dem and Con............no labour at all????

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Well no.... I didn't go in there in detective mode and didn't really study the boxes all that well.... nor did I see any notices other than the signs saying "Street names A-M and Street names N-Z" and that's it.

But a sign wouldn't have exactly made any difference really.

But I don't think we can discount the possibility of rigging and/or corruption in the system/polling stations.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

Polling Station - Strange you say that I was greeted by lib dem and Con............no labour at all????

Eh?

What does that mean... sorry you'll have to explain.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
According to the BBC exit poll it is a hung parliament, with Conservatives as the largest party. A pity really as the outgoing Government were a pretty experienced bunch. I now await the rock 'n' roll mortgage rates, and a new monetary crisis already in the offing, and we'll soon be back to inflationary pay deals every year, probably even more wars than at the moment. We didn't need an election at this time anyway.

Looking more than likely, with the markets following downhill pretty quick, if the usual the knock on effect takes place?

Quick fix, I have to laugh and cry at the same time as the real agenda is a necessary global clean slate wipe. Chaos - Order right on schedule.

I don't think people in Northern Ireland will be too happy with the outcome either, David Cameron has already said negatives about the country, which is a faux pas on his part, for a couple of reasons. NI is a right wing oriented country in nature on all sides and so should be comfortable with the Conservatives. And now that he may be in, he will have to do deals with NI politicians. That will mean he already will have to backtrack on the hustings Shout!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
reply to post by Velvet1

Sorry Velvet but your shock begs me to ask - is this the first time you have voted?

The legal precedent of HB pencils being used to cast a Secret Ballot has never been challenged (least not in my studies of British politics since 1815!)

ETA - Never challenged unlike the so called voting machines use during Bush Jnr and the infamous "Chads" scandal.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Silk]

First time voter - many 'many' years ago!

I always take a pen so have never encountered the issue of pencils before.

Never even heard of one been offered in the South UK either. Pencils are obviously open to serious fraud, as is the X under the guise of; your ballot secret is safe. hmm thought parties were supposed to be leaning towards transparency. Nothing more conveniently archaic than the X vote.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Velvet1

Did you vote?..................Was it a pen or pencil?

Rang my Dad and told him to take a pen..........even though he is with Cons

Yes, I voted with pen as it is mightier than the sword and errr pencils with sneaky rubbers.

Sorry must of missed that......................Still fuming with the pencil

Gosh, Why are you on this site.......No piss taking needed Velvet!

I like humour, it's essential to good debate. lack of it, is a major root cause of global tensions and doesn't feed the soul. I was been serious to the Q though. Pencils = open to fixing.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Conservatives say a General Election exit poll projecting a hung parliament result is still enough for them to take power.

SKY NEWS.....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Looking more than likely, with the markets following downhill pretty quick, if the usual the knock on effect takes place?

Quick fix, I have to laugh and cry at the same time as the real agenda is a necessary global clean slate wipe. Chaos - Order right on schedule.

I don't think people in Northern Ireland will be too happy with the outcome either, David Cameron has already said negatives about the country, which is a faux pas on his part, for a couple of reasons. NI is a right wing oriented country in nature on all sides and so should be comfortable with the Conservatives. And now that he may be in, he will have to do deals with NI politicians. That will mean he already will have to backtrack on the hustings Shout!

Opps, didn't hit the quote right, apologies.

AS NI is still looking for devolution it will be interesting to see how this pans out with power-sharing?

I'm presuming NI politicians will turn up in Parliament this time around to vote and be heard?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Velvet1]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The Conservatives say a General Election exit poll projecting a hung parliament result is still enough for them to take power.

SKY NEWS.....

Looking more and more like my thread title is correct then. Good one Dow Jones and Paddy Power ; )

I'm surprised that the fat lady isn't singing already!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

SKY NEWS.....

Looking more and more like my thread title is correct then. Good one Dow Jones and Paddy Power ; )

I kinda like you......................
But got to say I have not finished singing yet! lol

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Oh GOD can you imagine george osbourne as Ex-checker.........Looks like we really are going back to.......the 80s...the 80s.

saying that its still better than La-bore.

Peace, now wouldn't that be a fine thing.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

SKY NEWS.....

I kinda like you......................
But got to say I have not finished singing yet! lol

lol I'm an acquired taste, a bit like Marmite on speed toast!

Sing away - it's also good for the soul.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Oh GOD can you imagine george osbourne as Ex-checker.........Looks like we really are going back to.......the 80s...the 80s.

saying that its still better than La-bore.

Peace, now wouldn't that be a fine thing.

The Peace Party, that would really show educated and informed progress in politics.

Peace Off ... more likely, sadly!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

SKY NEWS.....

That's Sky for you, and it's rubbish. Cons 305 Lab 255/256 Lib 61 Others 28/29

Interesting that Labour have held Sunderland without much loss, So the Mrs Duffy episode doesn't seem to have made such a big impact there.
Rochdale Online don't have any results yet, and expect some drama from there, as they have fishy results from one ward. Of course Falinge ward, Mrs Duffy's (I think) results will be interesting.
(Edit to add Others)

[edit on 6-5-2010 by smurfy]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vesta

Yeah. Pencils down my way too.
Put a nice big cross in the box and pressed quite hard.

Another random thought, anyone get offerd to count the votes?
I heard a lot of the people who actually add up the votes are bankers. (or should I swap that b for a w?? Lol. Jk.)

Anyway, only 6 options were on the polling card for me.
The main 3, UKIP, BNP and Plaid Cymru.
No other constituents.

Anyway, who ever does get the job, nobody will be happy.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

I had UKIP but no BNP.... which made me feel a little better.

No BNP on either local or Parliamentary forms.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

I had the main 3, UKIP, BNP and.....the green party??? Can you guess who I voted.

Clue: It weren't the main 3!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
haha it's an exit poll which means NOTHING!
It's way way way to early to call!!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
haha it's an exit poll which means NOTHING!
It's way way way to early to call!!

True to some extent, the Libs are not doing as well as media expectations. Andrew Neil, AKA Brillo, (the guy that carries a dead rat on his head) is running around "dismayed" at the inaccuracy of the the media forecast. It will be interesting if the count is closer to the two main parties.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by smurfy]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join