It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS a govt site?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Light of Night
Unless you know ATS is actually a CIA recruiting site that is looking to hire more operatives.

Hey, if the money was right, I'd go to work for the CIA, and I'd be the head of their Propaganda Department in no time.

However, you know what they say about gubbmint salaries. I'm not ready to take a cut in pay.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You will know something is fishy if they delete this thread.

Then it will be an apparent coverup.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is hilarious.

Thank you for that trip down memory lane.

It's not often that I'm reminded of the old April fools jokes we used to pull around here.

Unfortunately as the site grew we had to stop the April fools jokes because with a larger audience we found that less people found them funny.

This particular one was actually really funny at the time. Apparently it still attracts attention, making it better than your average April fools joke.

The fact that some people believe this to be true is puzzling to me because 1) as noted above it's not formatted right, and 2) you can look this information up yourself in numerous places and find that it's not true.

To those who received the u2u, sorry you've been misled. To those sending the u2u, thanks for the giggle.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I had too.

While I completely agree with you about Clinton and Kennedy, I disagree about Bush. Bush was an illegal pres like Obama.

These two guys are in a special place in my eyes.

( The insanely used Kennedy speech trashing secret societies is always used out of context, and no one explains the whole story... He wasnt talking just about secret societies... He was talking about the media shutting up about govt secrets it didnt want out. Why some choose to use this speech in a wrong context boggles my mind, since all anyone has to do is google where the speech was given and read it in its entirety, So while a good speech for secret societies, a bad one for transparency in media and govt)

Sorry, wanted to be fair and post a decent reply to all.

If ATS is a hiring agency for the govt, Im game.
As long as you dont mind me asking alot of questions and taking lots of documents home with me some way or another...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlickOil

I'll be perfectly honest with you... the accusation is so hysterical that the administration has no interest in deleting the thread.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I highly doubt ats is a government site.

BUT, it would make sense if the government kept tabs on this site.

Logical, no????

That's why people who have avatars of them with guns and threads about overthrowing the government cracks me up. I mean, HELLO??!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Not sure if I really believe any of this but just asking why others have been deleted almost immediately in previous situations? I can think of 3 threads that have while I have been online before.

After reading the explanations in this thread it makes sense. FWIW I did not get this U2U floating around either.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe

IP Address 213.206.128 213.206.129 213.206.130

Node Name Gov-bb21-lan-14 Gov-bb22-lan-15 Gov-bb23-lan-16

Location Langley, Virginia

MS 60

Network Used whois.nic.mil (for military network information)

Hello,
I don't know how to look up IP addresses. I don't know much about the internet in general. I don't even know that much about ATS, in general. Also, can't sites and/or users go through proxies to maintain anonymity?

But I am pretty sure that the site originates out of the UK. So trying to trace it seems to me you'd find an IP address that is in the UK. Being how that is where the site administrators locales are; Whoever sent you the dupe-de-dupe u2u seems to be toying with your intelligence.

I'm glad I didn't get it. I look like a fool often enough without anybody helping me. I mean that with love, and kindness.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Originally posted by SlickOil

I'll be perfectly honest with you... the accusation is so hysterical that the administration has no interest in deleting the thread.

Thank you. I was not intending to start trouble or anything, just curious.

Thats why all of us are here, curiosity right?

I just figured Id ask and see what happens.

Thanks for leaving it up, and I would have loved being here for the April Fools when this was done... And just doing them in general.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
The insanely used Kennedy speech trashing secret societies is always used out of context...

Actually, I'm not referring to any particular Kennedy speech. During the early 60s, JFK and RFK alike exercised their authority to not only infiltrate and spy on private American organizations — such as the John Birch Society and the American Communist Party (which was driving a lot of campus unrest), as well as others — but the Kennedy Boys took it a step further and used the Internal Revenue Service like a weapon against those organizations in an attempt to crush them.

Which may explain why both the Kennedys were whacked within 5 years of each other.

The Clintons — and, yes, I'm talking about both Bill & Hill — had no qualms about spying on private individuals and organizations AND, again, using the IRS like a weapon to bludgeon their political enemies. The Clinton Administration saw (created) the rise of international and "domestic terrorism" in America, and the gubbmint incited confrontations with "extremists" and actually started killing American citizens.

Hillary Clinton, herself, should have been indicted and prosecuted for illegally obtaining about a thousand FBI files on private individuals for her personal perusal. However, the Clinton Justice Dept saw to it that the First Lady was never prosecuted for any of her questionable (and illegal) behavior.

Without a doubt, the Clintons were the most bald-faced instigators in American history, truly enemies of the People.

And now Hillary's running the State Department. TELL ME this isn't going to spell trouble, but I know it is.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/5/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

After I had received the u2u, I ran an Ip trace myself. It came back showing that ATS came out of Texas, Dallas I think--can't remember for sure.

That is why I didn't pursue the issue anymore until I saw this thread.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by loveguy

After I had received the u2u, I ran an Ip trace myself. It came back showing that ATS came out of Texas, Dallas I think--can't remember for sure.

That's where our servers are.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I just laughed so hard I almost choked on my silicone based Pizza Hut pizza.... If ATS were a govt site I could careless, but it's not! Someone really pulled your leg....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by loveguy

That's where our servers are.

Hello,
Thanks for reinforcing what I said about me not needing any help in looking like a fool! Cheers.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean it originated there though. Although I may be wrong.

This is a great april fools. Although in a perfectly ran government, I think that would be a great way for the government to try and find some intelligent people.

But then again, ATS wouldn't really exist in a perfect world. That sounds like an oxy moron to me haha.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
No it's not. But I did hear some discussion somewhere on a radio show about government guys who LIKE this site and hang out here.

No I am not one of them.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
ATS CIA front?
Not friggin likely.

A whole slew of gubbmint employees making an honest living as ATS members--spewing all kinds of disinfo and attempting to ferret out dissenters?

You betcha.

I get a giggle out of the "Lets infiltrate X,Y or Z" and the replies.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Probably since I posted a thread involving Evolution vs Homsexuality and it got trashed within 10 minutes. Also came up with a ufo thread that got moved to chit chat.....what the f****

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
Probably since I posted a thread involving Evolution vs Homsexuality and it got trashed within 10 minutes. Also came up with a ufo thread that got moved to chit chat.....what the f****

When a thread gets moved you get a u2u from the staff member who moved it. You can communicate with that staff member and ask them why they moved it. You can also submit a complaint. The reason our system auto-generates a u2u to the OP when a thread is moved is specifically so if one has questions they can be addressed.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
wasent there another thread somewhere where someone ellaborated that the ats servers where located in a town that was funded by black op money and there for ats had to be a black op program ,

some old remmenat of the 50´s military industrial complex or something

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join